Step-by-Step Castaway Club + Costco Cash Card For First Timers

Once you have your Costco cash card, you may want to consider upgrading your membership to the Gold Star Executive membership level. It was $60 + tax for us here in NJ. It gives you a 2% cash back on most purchases made through Costco. They send you a check. No gas, tobacco, and a few others. Check their site. If you wish to upgrade, you can use the cash card to do it in the store. You cannot upgrade over the phone using their cash card, we had to use a credit card. No big deal...

We have an NYC to Port Canaveral cruise booked for next year. Booked through DCL to get a specific cabin, paid the deposit, then transferred to Costco. Now we will get 2% back on the cruise next year in addition to the cash card.

I may treat myself to that 55 gallon drum of mayonnaise.

Pre cash card: if you book and pay with your Costco Visa, you get the 3% back because this falls in the "travel" category. Then you can get 2 drums of mayo! ;)

I didn’t know you can cash out gift cards (at Costco or anywhere else for that matter). But maybe because WA state doesn’t do that. Does anyone know how it works in WA? Thanks!
You go to Costco customer service with the card and ask them to cash it out. It doesn't matter what state you're in. Your state might not require them to cash it out, but they very well might do it anyway, in the spirit of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter