STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

StarCruiser Galactic DVC points price comparison isn’t wide open pricing that I was referring to. Not everyone is a member of DVC. What I was referring to is your normal Disney World resort pricing calculator where you can click view room rates, select your dates, the number of adults and children, and be able to view your pricing on your time at your own leisure. Add/remove an adult or a child, add/remove a room, change from March to September. Disney is putting their customers at a disadvantage and allows for the potential of hidden variable-based pricing. News outlets can’t report price changes based on viewing the website.
Oh, I agree with you - it is not transparent at all. The points chart is essentially "fixed," whereas Disney can always adjust the cash pricing as they like. But I do think that at this (still early) phase the points chart roughly approximates cash pricing for the dates/rooms categories.

Keeping with the cruise mentality the Starcruiser is projecting, I wonder if guests can opt to stay on board rather than take the excursion to Galaxy's Edge.
In one of the earlier videos that were released, one of the Imagineers (Ann Morrow, if I recall correctly) stated that it is your adventure and you will be able to do whatever you like. If you want to sit up in your cabin all day, that is up to you. She specifically stated that you do not need to leave the ship, or you will even be able to go back-and-forth to Batuu as much you like on the "shore leave" day.

I wonder if you buy goods and foodies from Smugglers like Chewy on board or are special shops where you can go aboard?

We received an email from our TA this morning about dining on the Galactic Starcruiser! There was not much in the way of new information, however it did explain the slight differences between dinner on night 1 and night 2: Night 1 is a "table-service supper club" and Night 2 is the "Taste Around the Galaxy." For anyone interested, here is the actual language from the email we received:

Dinner

On the first night of your adventure, the Crown of Corellia Dining Room transforms for dinner into an enticing table-service supper club with a special musical appearance by a galactic superstar. You’ll enjoy a special evening with distinctive dining and entertainment as you socialize with passengers and crew.

The second night, The Taste Around the Galaxy showcases courses inspired by the geography and environments of iconic destination planets throughout the galaxy. With the serving of each course, a brief introduction presents the name, inspiration and ingredients for the dishes. The meal includes group appetizers for the table, a choice of entrée and a specialty plated dessert.

The email also states that breakfast and lunch are also included (which we already knew). I am a bit confused about the lunch part... The email states that for lunch we can "choose from a collection of small bites, like sandwiches, soups, mini flatbreads, assorted salads and sweets." But remember, all guests will be arriving on the first day no earlier than 1pm, which might be a bit late for lunch for some folks. And on the 2nd day we are supposed to be having lunch during our planetary excursion to Batuu. Then on day 3 they want us out by 10am. So... will there really be much time for lunch aboard the Starcruiser?

Anyway, we are super excited for this. I look forward to seeing how this immersive experience will play out!

The email states that for lunch we can "choose from a collection of small bites, like sandwiches, soups, mini flatbreads, assorted salads and sweets."
I could see them having a light buffet offering for when you first get into the star cruiser, similar to a ship. There’s always a lot going on before getting there, so many might not have time. It’s also a good Chance to interact with other guests for the first time.

We received an email from our TA this morning about dining on the Galactic Starcruiser! There was not much in the way of new information, however it did explain the slight differences between dinner on night 1 and night 2: Night 1 is a "table-service supper club" and Night 2 is the "Taste Around the Galaxy." For anyone interested, here is the actual language from the email we received:

The email also states that breakfast and lunch are also included (which we already knew). I am a bit confused about the lunch part... The email states that for lunch we can "choose from a collection of small bites, like sandwiches, soups, mini flatbreads, assorted salads and sweets." But remember, all guests will be arriving on the first day no earlier than 1pm, which might be a bit late for lunch for some folks. And on the 2nd day we are supposed to be having lunch during our planetary excursion to Batuu. Then on day 3 they want us out by 10am. So... will there really be much time for lunch aboard the Starcruiser?

Anyway, we are super excited for this. I look forward to seeing how this immersive experience will play out!
We were advised at booking that "Light Refreshments" are supposed to be served on Day 1 around 3:00. IMO, these may be particularly important for those guests that have the second dinner seating. We were also advised that there would light lunch items for those staying onboard the ship on the trip to Batuu day or for those that return to the ship during that time. I expect the food offerings for both breakfast and lunch to be similar to how Disney operates their Club Level resorts (light plated/grab and go/light-buffet type items).

I never went (too young) but it seems the Adventurer's Club was more "immersive" then this experience. Disney could learn a bit from it's past as well as the current world of luxury (high end night clubs, special events, themed celebrity weddings, certain places in Vegas, etc.) and hobbyist (historical re-enactments, cosplay, Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight screenings, etc.) experiences what the formula is for feeling completely transported even momentarily vs feeling pandered to in a diluted, neutered manner. In other words, Disney wants to market this like it's something out of Dubai when it actuality its the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands, New Jersey.

Examples of establishments pulling off "immersive":
Universal's "Evil Hotel" Concept at various parks: https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/...-hotel-room-at-universal-studios-japan-092221
Ninja NYC (now closed): https://sarahfunky.com/new-york-city/restaurants/2019/08/18/ninja-nyc/
Amangiri (more on the luxury side but even this feels more like a SW planet - interesting idea for Disney in future to not need these immersive hotels in the park itself): https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri
Atmos Ft Lauderdale (smilar to Space 220?): https://www.exploretock.com/atmos/
The Millhouse at Hobbiton NZ: https://www.hobbitontours.com/en/events/the-millhouse/

I do think pulling off "immersive" for 3 days with realities of cast members, tech budget restrictions, young families, covid, etc. is not easy compared to doing it for 6-8 hours for adults 25+ without some of the above constraints. However, given the price point and amount of time in development I think the gap between this "immersive" luxury and some of the others I outlined above (not to mention other experiences currently available at WDW/UO/etc) will be pretty apparent. That Amangiri is the same price point as this experience is absolutely insane - granted less kid friendly but based on what I've seen so far I don't think they belong in the same stratosphere of experiences for that nightly price.

I do think pulling off "immersive" for 3 days with realities of cast members, tech budget restrictions, young families, covid, etc. is not easy compared to doing it for 6-8 hours for adults 25+ without some of the above constraints.
I'm not disagreeing with your post, but just pointing out that if you look closely at how this works scheduling-wise, the interactive part is really much closer to 8 hours and definitely isn't 3 days. And during much of that onboard part you have scheduled activities, dining, etc.

I never went (too young) but it seems the Adventurer's Club was more "immersive" then this experience. Disney could learn a bit from it's past as well as the current world of luxury (high end night clubs, special events, themed celebrity weddings, certain places in Vegas, etc.) and hobbyist (historical re-enactments, cosplay, Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight screenings, etc.) experiences what the formula is for feeling completely transported even momentarily vs feeling pandered to in a diluted, neutered manner.
Since you never went to the Adventurers Club, I can enlighten you: the AC was a highly-themed bar. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, it was a lot of fun and is (rightfully) missed by many, but it was a bar in Pleasure Island.

Everyone is certainly entitled to his or her own opinion, but the nonstop harsh criticism of an experience that has not even opened yet is just way over the top. No one -- I repeat no one has experienced the Galactic Starcruiser yet! To make a statement that a long-gone bar that you haven't even experienced is more immersive that the SWGS (that you also haven't experienced)... I mean, what??

I am sorry, I do not mean to pick on you, eclipseSD, but the criticism of the SWGS seems to have taken on a life of its own. How about we judge the experience based on... the experience rather than on a few videos that apparently struck a nerve (in a bad way) with some self-proclaimed superfans you youtube?

Okay, rant over. :-)

I never went (too young) but it seems the Adventurer's Club was more "immersive" then this experience. Disney could learn a bit from it's past as well as the current world of luxury (high end night clubs, special events, themed celebrity weddings, certain places in Vegas, etc.) and hobbyist (historical re-enactments, cosplay, Rocky Horror Picture Show midnight screenings, etc.) experiences what the formula is for feeling completely transported even momentarily vs feeling pandered to in a diluted, neutered manner. In other words, Disney wants to market this like it's something out of Dubai when it actuality its the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands, New Jersey.

Examples of establishments pulling off "immersive":
Universal's "Evil Hotel" Concept at various parks: https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/...-hotel-room-at-universal-studios-japan-092221
Ninja NYC (now closed): https://sarahfunky.com/new-york-city/restaurants/2019/08/18/ninja-nyc/
Amangiri (more on the luxury side but even this feels more like a SW planet - interesting idea for Disney in future to not need these immersive hotels in the park itself): https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri
Atmos Ft Lauderdale (smilar to Space 220?): https://www.exploretock.com/atmos/
The Millhouse at Hobbiton NZ: https://www.hobbitontours.com/en/events/the-millhouse/

I do think pulling off "immersive" for 3 days with realities of cast members, tech budget restrictions, young families, covid, etc. is not easy compared to doing it for 6-8 hours for adults 25+ without some of the above constraints. However, given the price point and amount of time in development I think the gap between this "immersive" luxury and some of the others I outlined above (not to mention other experiences currently available at WDW/UO/etc) will be pretty apparent. That Amangiri is the same price point as this experience is absolutely insane - granted less kid friendly but based on what I've seen so far I don't think they belong in the same stratosphere of experiences for that nightly price.

What? Sorry this makes no sense. Amangiri is nothing like SW other than some contemporary architecture. The price is not remotely comparable except in the lowest category room on the cheapest month. Desirable days will be 2-3x the price. Plus any experiences with the hotel will easily dwarf the cost of Starcruiser. And a 2 hr space themed meal in Ft Lauderdale? Really? I agree with floribr1, the amount of hate for something that hasn't even opened yet based on a 2 videos is ridiculous. But everyone wants to jump on a bandwagon I suppose.

Last edited:
I went to the Adventurers Club quite a lot, and I am assuming this will be a similar, but more detailed and regimented experience although I could be incorrect. Not sure how they can be compared if you haven't done both.

Does anyone know if a post Galactic Starcruiser WDW resort stay will work like a normal split stay? It would be nice to have the ability to book dining reservations for the total length of our stay vs. having to wait until the 60 days starting after our space cruise!

Does anyone know if a post Galactic Starcruiser WDW resort stay will work like a normal split stay? It would be nice to have the ability to book dining reservations for the total length of our stay vs. having to wait until the 60 days starting after our space cruise!

FYI, currently split stays at any Disney resort don’t open a booking window for both stays - you have two 60 day windows. So, no, you’ll have two booking dates. Hope that helps.

FYI, currently split stays at any Disney resort don’t open a booking window for both stays - you have two 60 day windows. So, no, you’ll have two booking dates. Hope that helps.
Hi- this is correct using MDE, but there is a workaround. Call the dining line, explain that you have a split stay, and that you'd like help from guest services. They can do this on their end. It's sort of an annoying process, having to call and wait on hold but it can be worth it. We scored our Space 220 reservations (among others) this way. I think what I find frustrating is that in a way I'm being penalized- not being able to use MDE like everyone else to be able to make reservations at the 60 day mark+10- but everyone I spoke with was just amazing about it. Just know what you want in advance. We'll be on the Halcyon 3/13 followed by Beach Club and then Animal Kingdom and I was able to make all of the reservations through to the end.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter