STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Anyone else feel like they should add the Galactic Starcruiser to the list of deluxe hotels that get the extra two hours? I would love to use it on the day we get off the starcruiser. For the minimal number of guests, and the price we pay, it would be a nice perk!

Anyone else feel like they should add the Galactic Starcruiser to the list of deluxe hotels that get the extra two hours? I would love to use it on the day we get off the starcruiser. For the minimal number of guests, and the price we pay, it would be a nice perk!
It sounds like they already have their hands full with guests not understanding that you don’t just stay like a regular hotel and then go visit the other parks while on the starcruiser… I doubt they’s want to fuel the confusion by associating it with extra magic park hours.

I agree some additional perks would be nice for the price! Addition of G+ for the HS day or included ILL$ for MMRR maybe in order to make the most of the day in the park? Totally understand that the object is to be in the Starcruiser the majority of the time but would be nice to get a few other rides in if time allowed!

I agree some additional perks would be nice for the price! Addition of G+ for the HS day or included ILL$ for MMRR maybe in order to make the most of the day in the park? Totally understand that the object is to be in the Starcruiser the majority of the time but would be nice to get a few other rides in if time allowed!
You're going on a cruise in space - how would you have time to go to Florida to get on Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway?! 😉

Do guests get an ILL for ROTR as part of their stay?

I don’t expect that, or feel entitled to it, and I know the cost of the ILLs is peanuts compared to our overall cost, but honestly, for what we’re paying, it’d be a welcome little perk.

Do guests get an ILL for ROTR as part of their stay?

I don’t expect that, or feel entitled to it, and I know the cost of the ILLs is peanuts compared to our overall cost, but honestly, for what we’re paying, it’d be a welcome little perk.
The sample itinerary shows ROTR will only take 45 mins, so with that including wait time plus ride time it seems pretty much certain that you’ll be riding it via the lightning lane.
Same foe MFSR which is scheduled for 30 mins. They need to keep guests on schedule for their “story moments” in Batuu

The sample itinerary shows ROTR will only take 45 mins, so with that including wait time plus ride time it seems pretty much certain that you’ll be riding it via the lightning lane.
Same foe MFSR which is scheduled for 30 mins. They need to keep guests on schedule for their “story moments” in Batuu

Makes sense. I think you are right, but I would not put it past Disney to say “this sample itinerary assumes you’ve purchased G+, secured a LL for MFSM, and purchased an ILL for RotR.” 😉

But that raises an interesting question - if they give you a LL for MFSM, does that mean they are giving you G+ free for the entire DHS day? Or are they somehow going to tweak the app into giving you a one-off LL without giving you G+?

An honest question - are you really planning to leave Batuu during your planetary excursion?? I would think that would completely break the immersive experience. I know they have said we can and to "do whatever you want," but for me it would almost defeat the purpose. Our plan is to go down to Batuu, experience both MFSR and RoTR, probably get a lightsaber at Savi's and build a droid, have lunch at Docking Bay 7 and go to Oga's Cantina. After all of that and whatever "story experiences" are planned, we will be heading straight back up to the Halcyon. [We have never done Savi's or the Droid Depot, but of course I can see why others might be skipping those rather than repeat.]

Are others also planning to tour through the rest of Hollywood Studios during the planetary excursion? Just wondering what people's thoughts on this are.

Makes sense. I think you are right, but I would not put it past Disney to say “this sample itinerary assumes you’ve purchased G+, secured a LL for MFSM, and purchased an ILL for RotR.” 😉

But that raises an interesting question - if they give you a LL for MFSM, does that mean they are giving you G+ free for the entire DHS day? Or are they somehow going to tweak the app into giving you a one-off LL without giving you G+?
The fact that you have a scheduled story moment in between the two rides and also will be having lunch at a scheduled time, and then return after just a couple hours strongly suggests they are not really budgeting time for guests to leave batuu. The only breaks in the schedule are all under an hour, which isn’t really time to go ride something in another area, even with G+.

I think there is no way they will be expecting us to purchase Disney Genie+. My bet is that we will have ILL's pre-assigned to us, based on whatever other plans we might have already made at our 60-day mark.

FYI - even though MFSR is part of the regular Genie+ system, I am sure they have the ability to make individual assignments.

The fact that you have a scheduled story moment in between the two rides and also will be having lunch at a scheduled time, and then return after just a couple hours strongly suggests they are not really budgeting time for guests to leave batuu. The only breaks in the schedule are all under an hour, which isn’t really time to go ride something in another area, even with G+.

Well, that’s just a sample itinerary, though, right? And nothing says you have to ride those rides or stick around for your “moments.”

I’m thinking of, for example, a family that doesn’t want to go back to the hotel at 12:40 or where one member isn’t a huge SW fan or doesn’t really dig the role-play, and wants to dip out of GE to ride ToT or RnR.

Would they have to buy G+, or is it already included?

Also, I recognize the absurdity of paying such a premium for this hotel and not spending every possible moment experiencing what it has to offer, but do you have to go back to the ship at 12:40?

Last edited:
Well, that’s just a sample itinerary, though, right? And nothing says you have to ride those rides or stick around for your “moments.”

I’m thinking of, for example, a family that doesn’t want to go back to the hotel at 12:40 or where one member isn’t a huge SW fan or doesn’t really dig the role-play, and wants to dip out of GE to ride ToT or RnR. Would they have to buy G+, or is it already included?
Safe assumption they would have to buy. G+ is not the only way to get MFSR access. People get “recovery passes” to individual rides when it breaks down even if they don’t have G+

I’ve come to accept this probably won’t happen, but I sure do wish the night 2 adventure would include a post park closing return trip to Batuu.

I really enjoy the whole Star Wars area, but it’s not a place we ever spend much time since it’s typically so crowded. We go in, ride a ride, and leave. I’d love the chance for some extracurricular night time adventures on the giant stage that is the land. I don’t need to ride anything, just would be fun to run around without the crowds.

I’ve come to accept this probably won’t happen, but I sure do wish the night 2 adventure would include a post park closing return trip to Batuu.

I really enjoy the whole Star Wars area, but it’s not a place we ever spend much time since it’s typically so crowded. We go in, ride a ride, and leave. I’d love the chance for some extracurricular night time adventures on the giant stage that is the land. I don’t need to ride anything, just would be fun to run around without the crowds.

Yes, I was really quite surprised that there was not an “Extra Magic Hour(s),” early or late, for hotel guests. Seems like it’d be a lot easier to do the “story moments” at that time vs.during usual crowds.

I guess there still could be some early/late access, and they just haven’t announced it.

I am one of those people who likes to walk around and try translating all of the Aurebesh signage (yes, it's a sickness). Would be a whole lot easier to do that without the usual crowds.

Last edited:

People keep not seeing the "Sample" line in the itinerary on the website. It's an example. It's not written in stone or gospel. Everybody's will be a little bit different.

I am one of those people who likes to walk around and try translating all of the Aurebesh signage (yes, it's a sickness). Would be a whole lot easier to do that without the usual crowds.
I love when people get into it like that! Personally, I just don't have the patience. :-)

Also, I recognize the absurdity of paying such a premium for this hotel and not spending every possible moment experiencing what it has to offer, but do you have to go back to the ship at 12:40?
Seeing as how there is some sort of special transport between the starcruiser and Batuu seems like you would need to be on time to take that. If you miss that and leave and take an uber from the front of the park, since you would not be pulling up in an “arrival day” they might not be running the “shuttles” from the parking lot to the hotel. I’m sure they’d eventually get you back in, but it might waste a lot of time.

People keep not seeing the "Sample" line in the itinerary on the website. It's an example. It's not written in stone or gospel. Everybody's will be a little bit different.
Yes a sample itinerary is an example, but if that doesn’t mean the options are “itinerary or no itinerary” (i.e. itinerary is optional and you are free to do whatever you want). I’m interpreting “sample” to mean the options are “itinerary A or itinerary B”—i.e they split the starcruiser guests in subgroups that follow a rotation between activities.

When I made my reservation I specifically asked about access to the GE rides during the trip to Batuu. I was told that Starcruiser guests would be given special access to both rides, that they would not have to buy G+/ILL or even wait in those lines. How this will play out obviously remains to be seen, but that’s what I was told.

Seeing as how there is some sort of special transport between the starcruiser and Batuu seems like you would need to be on time to take that. If you miss that and leave and take an uber from the front of the park, since you would not be pulling up in an “arrival day” they might not be running the “shuttles” from the parking lot to the hotel. I’m sure they’d eventually get you back in, but it might waste a lot of time.

I guess it remains to be seen, but I'd be very surprised if there was only one "batch" of shuttles back to the ship between 12:45 and 1:00.

The hotel is almost literally right across the street from the back of Smuggler's Run, so I'd have to think it'd be no great shakes for the "shuttle" (bus) to have later departures for the three-minute drive, in order to accommodate those who might want to stick around a little longer after lunch.

Yes a sample itinerary is an example, but if that doesn’t mean the options are “itinerary or no itinerary” (i.e. itinerary is optional and you are free to do whatever you want).

But...how could they stop you from doing whatever you wanted in GE or DHS as a whole? They can't make you ride the rides. They can't make you eat at CB7. They can't make you get on those shuttles at 12:45. They can't force you to stay in GE.

Again, I know it's ludicrous to pay all this money and then wander off to ride Swirling Saucers or go see Little Mermaid, but if that's what you really wanted to do....?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter