SSR Renovations

I am so glad they're adding the pull down twins to the 1 and 2 bedroom. No more needing to bring our twin Aerobed because the sofa bed was horrible. My DD17 slept on one in a Boardwalk studio this summer and found it comfy. The studio in my opinion doesn't have enough bath space to sleep 5. Not sure why they did it at BWV, but we're only 3, so it works for us.

Do the fridges have a freezer section?

The fridges in 1 BR and larger are full size refrigerators with separate freezer. I’m not sure about the studios, which have small undercounter refrigerators, and neither DH nor I can remember the one in our CCV studio last February.

I’m sure someone else will be along shortly with that information!

What buildings are being refurbished? Checking in next Wednesday and I’m worried about all the construction.

What buildings are being refurbished? Checking in next Wednesday and I’m worried about all the construction.

Building 2 in Congress is currently being finished off. I know someone who was there a few weeks back, and it isn’t impacting on others so I wouldn’t worry. Part of Artist’s Pallet also still boarded off around a counter area.

I always thought the preferred SSR rooms and BLT were actually the BEST rooms on property if you want to experience all of WDW without a car. For SSR, you just walk to Disney Springs, hop on a bus and eat at any resort you want. For BLT, you can use the MK buses to get to any resort. Everyone always bashes SSR, but it has its benefits. IMO the resort restaurants are better than the park/disney springs restaurants.

When the rooms are done, I wonder if more people without a car will realize their appeal. If I ever buy a DVC contract, I'm getting SSR for many reasons other than financial. It has 3 themed pools, it's close to Disney Springs, I don't have to worry about if I move out of driving distance of WDW (might move to Texas) because SSR preferred makes me not need my car to access all the resorts.

Last edited:
Will they replace the jacuzzi jets with air jets? The numerous specks of black mold (that's what I was told that was), other people's hair, and ring around the tub we're disgusting.

I just posted on the RIV thread- when people were saying the rooms were beautiful- not much in it, with the new SSR in my opinion.

Agree! Haven't been interested in SSR at all, but the updated rooms look wonderful. When reno is completed, I want to give it a try.

Ha ha this is the SSR owner's worry- it will start to get popular.

Seriously though I do think Carol we will see others saying the same- where else can you get a room like that for the points they cost standard view? And 5 'proper' sleep surfaces in a 1 bed?

Ha ha this is the SSR owner's worry- it will start to get popular.

Seriously though I do think Carol we will see others saying the same- where else can you get a room like that for the points they cost standard view? And 5 'proper' sleep surfaces in a 1 bed?
And within walking distance to Disney Springs p!us direct bus service to all the resort restaurants!! :)

Even if it does get a lot more popular, I can't see any problems for owners booking during the priority period.

Question...I will be staying in a Preferred studio mid December. What appliances are in the old/new rooms? Would they allow a hot plate in the room? Does Disney have appliances available for loan?

Question...I will be staying in a Preferred studio mid December. What appliances are in the old/new rooms? Would they allow a hot plate in the room? Does Disney have appliances available for loan?
Old/new studios still have a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge. Also includes basic mugs, utensils, etc.

You are not allowed to bring a hot plate— Fire liability. Housekeeping does daily security checks and trash removal so it will likely be seen if you bring one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter