SSR Renovations

Has it been confirmed that they will move to the Paddock area next? We are thinking about SSR for May/June 2020.

Great updates. I can't wait to stay here. We have 50 SSR pts, but have yet to stay there.

Can someone please confirm that the newly renovated 2 bedrooms will have the sleeper sofa in the living room as well as the Murphy style bed on the wall? I have four young adults that all want their own bed-so really need to make sure this will work. And if so, which building should I request to get one of these? Thanks in advance!!

Can someone please confirm that the newly renovated 2 bedrooms will have the sleeper sofa in the living room as well as the Murphy style bed on the wall? I have four young adults that all want their own bed-so really need to make sure this will work. And if so, which building should I request to get one of these? Thanks in advance!!
Yes

54648-ac9ecd891f692790083d653bc3f56f74.jpg

I am so very excited to be a SSR owner! I hope these murphy sofas are as comfy as they look ;) We love to have the seating area during the day so have been booking rooms elsewhere with the extra pull down under the TV. So happy to have a good (functional) option now.

I am so very excited to be a SSR owner! I hope these murphy sofas are as comfy as they look ;) We love to have the seating area during the day so have been booking rooms elsewhere with the extra pull down under the TV. So happy to have a good (functional) option now.
Same here!

My jaw hit the floor when I saw that Grand Villa video! When we watched that video, I turned and said to my wife.....we need more points! haha

The 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom and Studios will look amazing for sure!

What are the 7 month struggles you have encountered? General availability for other resorts etc?

Yes, exactly. Many SSR owners bought there with the intentions of staying elsewhere, and it’s not unusual to see posts here saying “I’ve owned at SSR for xx years and have never stayed there.” Hopefully more SSR owners will be happy to stay at their home resort now!

I think a lot of owners just want to stay in a different location. Hopefully they will try the updated rooms they look very nice.

How many of the Congress Park buildings are done at this point? We check in within the week - hoping for a renovated 2 bedroom (we did book preferred and have requested Congress Park with second choice request of near the walkway to Disney Springs). Fingers crossed!

Likely in the minority here, but I'm not totally sold on the renovations. Better than the previous tired-looking rooms? Absolutely. But, as with most refurbs and new builds by Disney lately, there seems to be missing a certain soul and heart to these updates. Elegant (in places) I'll give you, but warm and inviting--not so much. There are only touches of color here and there and lots of white, cream, and shiny surfaces. Pretty enough but not embraceable. For example, that's one ugly cabinet underneath the main TV in the video of the GV. Ironically, it holds a ton of color but it looks really cheesy against that brassy, plastic-ky piece of furniture. Still, I do believe this represents an upgrade. I just wish Disney would add some soul to their new designs.

Last edited:
How many of the Congress Park buildings are done at this point? We check in within the week - hoping for a renovated 2 bedroom (we did book preferred and have requested Congress Park with second choice request of near the walkway to Disney Springs). Fingers crossed!
Let us know what buildings are being worked on please. If you can, post some pics. Would love to see the progress. Thanks!

2 buildings at Congress Park done (just).

People assumed they would go to Springs after, but unverified intel indicates it could be Paddock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter