SSR Renovations

Yes, exactly. Many SSR owners bought there with the intentions of staying elsewhere, and it’s not unusual to see posts here saying “I’ve owned at SSR for xx years and have never stayed there.” Hopefully more SSR owners will be happy to stay at their home resort now!

Yea sometimes my feeling get a little hurt when people bash SSR so much, but then I remember how awesome the place is when we get the pools to ourselves and no wait time at the Turf Club. Yep everyone else can go to their favorite resorts while I stay in the 'slums of Disney' and everyone is happy.

EDIT: Finally got around to watching the 3 bedroom walkt hrough, am I the only one that loved the jetted tub and shutter they previously had? Not so excited for just a soaker tub :(

Last edited:
Agree,
We love SSR, we bought there when It first opened, our draw was Pleasure Island. Which is not the same, we miss the Adventures Club and The Comedy Club. I’ve Slowly warmed to The Springs. We have only stayed at our home resort, except for once when we used our DVC to stay at Boulder Ridge before a cruise. I do have a fondness for the rustic lodge feel and hope to add on there.

Agree,
We love SSR, we bought there when It first opened, our draw was Pleasure Island. Which is not the same, we miss the Adventures Club and The Comedy Club. I’ve Slowly warmed to The Springs. We have only stayed at our home resort, except for once when we used our DVC to stay at Boulder Ridge before a cruise. I do have a fondness for the rustic lodge feel and hope to add on there.
We, too, bought specifically for proximity to Pleasure Island when SSR first opened. We loved the nightly fireworks and night life, in general. Not a fan of The Springs, but with the new remodel, we might spend more time at SSR.

...(snip)........EDIT: Finally got around to watching the 3 bedroom walkt hrough, am I the only one that loved the jetted tub and shutter they previously had? Not so excited for just a soaker tub :(
I prefer the soaker. The jets were nice, but I felt they needed a good cleaning before use, so I seldom bothered. When I did go ahead and clean them, lots of greasy, dark yuck would come out - thus, reinforcing my dislike of "public" jetted tubs. I seldom use the hot tubs for the same reason. I'm not normally concerned about bacteria and germs, but for some reason, this does bother me, LOL.

Question for those of you who are following this a lot closer than I have the ability to. What is the confidence that the Preferred areas (Springs, Congress Park) will be complete by May 2020?

Am I the only one who noticed that they finally have drapes that are actually the right size. It always irked me that the drapes were too long and buckled at the floor. Not a good look for a High end resort, not to mention the bottom of the drapes always looked filthy from constantly dragging on the floor. This is a tremendous improvement on the old look IMHO.

Great Video. Thanks for posting. Never stayed, never wanted to. (tho adult DD always enjoyed staying there).

I think I've changed my mind.

Hi,
We have a 17 night stay booked from 17th October and have a preferred studio booked. We would like to Stay in Congress Park because of it's close proximity to Disney Springs. I have read elsewhere that the refurbishment is currently taking place in blocks 1 & 2. Does anyone know which room numbers this refers to?
Is it possible that most of Congress Park would be complete by this time. Finding it difficult to get up to date info.
Thanks for any replies.

17 days? My dream. First I thought you were Snowbirding but obviously not in October. :)

I prefer the soaker. The jets were nice, but I felt they needed a good cleaning before use, so I seldom bothered. When I did go ahead and clean them, lots of greasy, dark yuck would come out - thus, reinforcing my dislike of "public" jetted tubs. I seldom use the hot tubs for the same reason. I'm not normally concerned about bacteria and germs, but for some reason, this does bother me, LOL.
Ah you have great points! I guess I liked the jetted for the size more than the jets.

I'm 50/50 on this Reno. Like the rooms look AMAZING but I cant but feel its is a regular mono color room with Disney decor. I miss the whimsical colors and the ugly but loved it anyway green carpet and tile lol. It's all good though I love SSR.

Really Looking forward to our 2 night stay! So Congress Park Villas 1101-1436 and 1501-1836 are both now finished?? 1101-1436 is the closest building to DS, correct? So love the convenience of walking to Disney Springs!
:confused:Thanks in advance!:D

Thanks for the video! Nice refurb! I agree that it is a bit monochromatic but at least the products look more quality and thoughtfully chosen than what I've seen recently (i.e., BWV--hodge-podge of leftovers).

A couple questions for any experts:
1. How big are those 5th sleeper twins? What would you say is the maximum height for a person to sleep on it?
2. The video stated that the Preferred sections would be finished first. That's Congress and Springs, right? Do you think they will even get to any standards by April/May? Your thoughts? TIA!

In the 'living room' area is there any dresser space for clothes? I didn't see anything in the video.
Great video by the way. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts