Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: doing a quick stop in.

Been busy here...although it's slow at work...but I've still been super busy. Xmas shopping is almost done. The boys and I are planning on heading out tomorrow after they are done school, and I'll leave work early to shop for the dh. He is the only one we have left. All my parcels are mailed. Christmas cards with pictures of all our events this year included are mailed out and should be arriving soon, if Canada Post can get their act together and actually do what they charge us for :sad2: Christmas baking is started. I'll finish tonight and tomorrow. Then I will bring a tray of goodies to my work and the dh''s work as well. That last day of work is always made better with lots of SUGAR!!!! lol

Schumi...your weather sounds familiar. It is cold here ( not as cold as it could be, so I'll take when we have and try to not complain ) But it sure makes our days long when it is cold. Sorry to hear about your mug. I love my mugs...and am a creature of habit...so I hate when that happens.

Lashed...it sounds like your trip was wonderful. I'm hoping that you get used to regular life quickly...it's good that Christmas is arriving soon.

Cam....I love a good meal of spaghetti and meatballs. It's a favorite in our home for week night meals.

Lynne...enjoy your short week. I'm counting down the days for both jobs....then I'm off for 2 glorious weeks!!!!! I can't wait!. I'll be doing some organizing in a couple of areas, and also finishing up some quilts...then getting started on a baby nest for the grand daughter.

Mac - I'm sorry to hear your favorite chicken tacos are gone. Hopefully you can find a replacement for it soon

Monyk - I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Daisy. Whether they have fur or feathers, they leave an imprint on our hearts.

Charade - your trip to the zoo!!!! I would :lovestruc to see, touch and feed a sloth. They are my favorite animal!!!!!!

Well, I should finish up my last spreadsheet for the day, get my list for baking the last few treats, and get ready to head home.

Have a great day to anyone who I didn't mention here. I hope everyone is great!

Greetings everyone. Busy but good day today. I had to go back to Sea Quest today because I discovered that they had charged us twice for our admission. The weird then is that the manager couldn't find a record of our transaction from Monday night. He probably spent at least 30 minutes looking and could not find it anywhere in their records. He finally offered to refund the cost of the sloth interaction (it was a separate fee paid earlier on a different card) since he was able to locate that charge. Since it was almost the same amount as the admission (the interaction was $1.20 more) I agreed.

Good Morning all youse-n-y'all! About to load up and head to the airport! ALL SEVENTEEN OF US!
Wow, I have never been anywhere with a group that large. Have a great vacation.

Hey, have all the homies been good this year? LOL
Of course we have. :santa:

Finally, woot! Charade's present is on it's way for sure, now.
I have been given a delivery date of December 24.

Good Morning....It is Wednesday and still loads of shopping to do. Why do I do this to myself every year???
Have you ever worked retail? Working retail cured me of last minute shopping.

I do have Bounty Bars in the treat cabinet........mmmmmmm.........that’ll work.
I had to look those up. They look similar to our Mounds bars. Yum.

Charade - your trip to the zoo!!!! I would :lovestruc to see, touch and feed a sloth. They are my favorite animal!!!!!!
If you ever find yourself in central Virginia let me know and I will introduce you to Flash the sloth.

Speaking of sloths, I got my first Christmas gift from a client today. Each week when I text her a reminder for her appointment she responds with a sloth emoji. I told her that I love sloths and today she gave me this:

Well our 2 weeks at HRH are over - the long flight back to the UK later this afternoon - to be honest though we're looking forward to 10 hours of sitting down and being waited on in Premium 😂 It's been an amazing trip and I'll be doing a full trip report once home. Till next time Orlando....
Looking forwards to your trip report
HRH is an amazing hotel
I stayed there the year they opened and still have the cd and hotel logo trinkets they gave to all guests

This day has gone by fast for me
I blinked and morning became night....

Sweet dreams homies

Aww, thanks Mac.

Ooh, another clear sky, meaning, windy and cool. 19 out, with a wind chill in the single digits. Sigh. But at least I will be wearing my sunglasses with my gloves and hats during my lunchtime walk.

Rumor has it, more pizza to arrive today. Hmm, and I wonder what else.

Gotta go, tea needs to be filling a third cup of tea. Yeah, my little heater is cranking, and ooh, still cool enough inside, I'm staying close to that heater. Sigh.

Well, that means, why yes, I will certain not be moving as fast tomorrow morning. But for those wanting to know the day of the week, well,
459480 oh yes, oh yes, that means tomorrow is Friday. but remember, 459481 So drink up, next week is Christmas, and the week after, New Year's.

What a year has this been. May you all have a wonderful end of 2019, and an even better 2020.

Okay, tea for me. Later homies. Be good.

The Christmas Countdown is now: 459482

Good morning, homies! We're getting closer to closer and continuing the countdown ^. Thinking about pizza and it's nowhere near lunch. I do not even know what I'm going to eat.

It looks like the baking continues and things continue to be mailed out.

Jelly at @Lashed34. I love the HRH. Also, that's cool that you have those collectibles @macraven. I have a framed photo of the guitar that is in the pool area (it's been awhile so I do not know if it's still there). Dad got on a hill and took a photo of it as it was about to storm. With the focus of the guitar with it's neon lighting and the darkness in the background it's an amazing photo, especially for a disposable camera. Always been a favorite photo of mine so a few years back it was made to be bigger and framed for a Christmas present.

Good morning. Slow day at work today. Last night a client left me a Lindt chocolate bear. I think next Christmas I am going to bring a bowl of candy for our clients.
I need to call an insurance company but am dreading doing it. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Enjoy pictures that are so love to be seen again. Nice you are getting it reprinted for your Dad, Dix.

Good Morning to Dix, Mac, and Charade.

Busy here, but that's because it's a drop and run. You can bet many of those cars leaving around lunchtime, are not returning, but won't be me.

Off to make some coffee. Need to warm hands. Yeah, it looks cold out, but glorious sunshine.

It’s cold here
(Not inside my house as I keep the thermostat at 74)

I’m waiting for it to warm up to 50 before I have to go to the grocery store

:wave2: doing a quick stop in.

Been busy here...although it's slow at work...but I've still been super busy. Xmas shopping is almost done. The boys and I are planning on heading out tomorrow after they are done school, and I'll leave work early to shop for the dh. He is the only one we have left. All my parcels are mailed. Christmas cards with pictures of all our events this year included are mailed out and should be arriving soon, if Canada Post can get their act together and actually do what they charge us for :sad2: Christmas baking is started. I'll finish tonight and tomorrow. Then I will bring a tray of goodies to my work and the dh''s work as well. That last day of work is always made better with lots of SUGAR!!!! lol

Schumi...your weather sounds familiar. It is cold here ( not as cold as it could be, so I'll take when we have and try to not complain ) But it sure makes our days long when it is cold. Sorry to hear about your mug. I love my mugs...and am a creature of habit...so I hate when that happens.

Lashed...it sounds like your trip was wonderful. I'm hoping that you get used to regular life quickly...it's good that Christmas is arriving soon.

Cam....I love a good meal of spaghetti and meatballs. It's a favorite in our home for week night meals.

Lynne...enjoy your short week. I'm counting down the days for both jobs....then I'm off for 2 glorious weeks!!!!! I can't wait!. I'll be doing some organizing in a couple of areas, and also finishing up some quilts...then getting started on a baby nest for the grand daughter.

Mac - I'm sorry to hear your favorite chicken tacos are gone. Hopefully you can find a replacement for it soon

Monyk - I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Daisy. Whether they have fur or feathers, they leave an imprint on our hearts.

Well, I should finish up my last spreadsheet for the day, get my list for baking the last few treats, and get ready to head home.

Have a great day to anyone who I didn't mention here. I hope everyone is great!

Sounds like you are quite organised too!!! I love that feeling of almost being done......work will be over soon......and baking for the festive season is so much fun!!!! I`ve made quite a few things today and the house smells like sugar!!! Enjoy your two weeks off!!!

Aww, thanks Mac.

Ooh, another clear sky, meaning, windy and cool. 19 out, with a wind chill in the single digits. Sigh. But at least I will be wearing my sunglasses with my gloves and hats during my lunchtime walk.

Rumor has it, more pizza to arrive today. Hmm, and I wonder what else.

Gotta go, tea needs to be filling a third cup of tea. Yeah, my little heater is cranking, and ooh, still cool enough inside, I'm staying close to that heater. Sigh.

Well, that means, why yes, I will certain not be moving as fast tomorrow morning. But for those wanting to know the day of the week, well,
View attachment 459480 oh yes, oh yes, that means tomorrow is Friday. but remember, View attachment 459481 So drink up, next week is Christmas, and the week after, New Year's.

What a year has this been. May you all have a wonderful end of 2019, and an even better 2020.

Okay, tea for me. Later homies. Be good.

The Christmas Countdown is now: View attachment 459482

One thing I do miss about working in an office is the goodies and celebrations around the holidays...….enjoy the pizza again!!! And wow....that's cold...….

Good morning. Slow day at work today. Last night a client left me a Lindt chocolate bear. I think next Christmas I am going to bring a bowl of candy for our clients.
I need to call an insurance company but am dreading doing it. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Good luck with the insurance, they`re never fun to deal with...….when I worked in another kind of office for my friend, that was a medical office, we always had a desk full of candy at Christmas and things like shortbread and Scottish tablet......patients loved it!!!

It’s cold here
(Not inside my house as I keep the thermostat at 74)

I’m waiting for it to warm up to 50 before I have to go to the grocery store

We were much milder today, but windy and now it`s cooling again.....we have our thermostat around 75/76f usually......our house is normally warm anyway. But, doesn`t go wrong......the Aga helps massively too. Hope the stores aren't too busy when you go....this time of year they just seem to be permanently busy......

Been a lovely day today.......baked, shopped, baked some more and shopped some more.......gotta love the internet! Apart from some last minute fresh produce and desserts we need to buy next week, probably Monday as I don`t want to deal with the stores on Xmas Eve......we`re done. Oh and the Turkey`s are being delivered Tuesday morning......will cook one and freeze it as we love Turkey! Nice to have it into January.......

Pitch black here for the last hour or so.......and made a chicken curry for Tom and I tonight. Should be nice.

Have a great Thursday.......

:wave2: doing a quick stop in!!!! I'm procrastinating and have the attention span of a squirrel today :laughing:

Speaking of sloths, I got my first Christmas gift from a client today. Each week when I text her a reminder for her appointment she responds with a sloth emoji. I told her that I love sloths and today she gave me this:
OMG....I need that in my life!!!! Especially on the weekends when I want to just sit and enjoy my morning coffee and bailey's ( the only way I drink coffee :rotfl: ) and the hubby is bugging me to get up a dressed to head out to do our weekly shopping so that he can rest of the rest of the day while seem to stay busy putzing, cleaning and everything else I don't get done during the week :rolleyes1 I could point at the mug!!!!!

Schumi....your chicken curry sounds delightful. Sounds like your ready for the holiday season to start! My shopping list is almost ready. I'm hoping to go the bulk of my shopping on Sunday morning...then run out on Tuesday morning, and pick up some fresh buns from a great little bakery not far from the house. You gotta have buns for all the left over turkey! Turkey left overs never last long on our house. We love turkey...and I make one probably once every 2nd month or so. I already have a Homer Simpson drool happening thinking about turkey dinner lol

Alright...going to try to focus and get my invoicing done so I can just lollygag for the rest of the day!

I fell asleep while reading and woke up a little while ago feeling very warm. The cat had decided to sleep next to me.
I am probably going to be awake for a while now.

Dh has a birthday on Christmas Eve. He was supposed to find out what restaurants will be open then let me know where he would like dinner. I got a text from him tonight (he is out of town for a couple of days) and he said that he didn't look for a restaurant so I should surprise him. Okay, fine. I just booked an early dinner at an Italian restaurant in Richmond. I figure we will make a day of it and go see the new Star Wars movie while we are out there.

Pretty pictures Disxuni. I want to go see some lights. later today B and I are going to a festival of trees at the Natural Bridge. Hope it is worth the drive.

Pumpkin.....I love the word lollygag!!! Yes, curry was delicious.....always popular with Tom and I......Kyle isn’t a curry fan at all! But, we all love turkey........we only get fresh turkeys this time of year and Easter so we make the most of it. We’re like you.....love the leftovers. Which is why we usually cook two huge turkeys and portion up the second and freeze in turkey gravy or even chicken stock so it heats up again beautifully......can’t wait!! Yes, have to pick up last minute fresh stuff on Monday or Tuesday.....will pop out as early as we can for that and be home for 8.30am hopefully.....

Nice pics Dix

Charade.....Christmas Eve is just the busiest of nights to go out for a meal.....glad you got booked up! We have an early evening meet up with some friends for drinks and apps on the 24th.......just in the local village pub as they rather nicely decided they are closing early so staff can have most of the evening off and spend it with family or whatever they want to do.....We like that idea.....hope you have fun!

It was so mild last night! Our temps went up to 50F.......it felt almost tropical!

Back out today..........we’ve been enjoying the stores so far, full of lights and lovely displays, but crowds haven’t been too bad at all. Won’t be going far on the weekend or Monday &Tuesday too! Time to catch up with friends or simply watch tv and eat goodies! And a little bit of internet time too of course...... :thumbsup2

Not sure of weekend plans yet......I know we have a couple of little get togethers planned at some point.......will need to check with friends....

Have a great Friday........5 more sleeps till Christmas! :santa:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

The festival of trees sounds absolutely beautiful!

Yes, five more sleeps til Christmas, @schumigirl! Glad you’re enjoying the beauty of the shops. Hope you have fun with your get togethers!

Hope @macraven gets sleep soon and I hope you fall back asleep @Charade67 eventually. I have issues with sleeping and rarely take naps, or pass out. The only time I’ll naturally fall asleep is in a car. Any other time Ihave to force myself to sleep.

As for the homies who haven’t woken yet, I hope you all have a good day!

:wave2:Oh I have been awake for some time. DH is not the quiet type when getting out the door. Hence, got a chance to do wash. Little one has white sneakers that are not so white now. So, threw them in the washer, with some bleach. They looked brighter to me, so now I hear them clunking around in the dryer. And since I had to go down to empty the washer, well put another load in.

Little one wants to do some shopping, and maybe eat out, as she is wanting a bowl of matzo ball soup. It will be a choice, as one place has a huge matzo ball, where the other place has large ones. So we will either be more North of us, or more East of us. Does not matter to me, food at both places is very good.

Wonderful pictures, Dix. Thank you for sharing them. Have a great Friday too.

Schumi, nice to hear the weather is nicer feeling today, and enjoy shopping too. Yes, I do enjoy the decorations in many of the stores and malls.

Beep, well more like annnnnk. Next load is done.

Later homies. And hope Charade is still getting some sound sleep.

🎅

Like a bad rash, I’m baaaack. Still down a few cylinders, turns out the allergies that kicked up end of August masked a chronic sinus infection, exacerbated by my ahem frequent air travel. If you gotta go, might as well be on vacation.

After a week on the meds starting to live bettter thru chemistry, yet off my game all the way around. Today quite delayed as to catching up on holiday preps, but soon back out into the fray. Sometimes you need a 3rd hot cuppa something to get you rolling along.

Looking doubtful i’ll Get my normal cookie tray assembled. The mr specifically asked me to wait to bake for fear of contaminating the family lol probably a good idea. May just do choc chip cookies next week and buy a few others & call it done.

Will read back this weekend but mention of sloths (my new spirit animal) caught my eye :). They are everywhere. Funny how popular they’ve become last few years. Bought new luggage covers, guess what’s on them? Those prints will positively make those bags jump off the carousel

Hope all are on track to have a wonderful holiday. If not, get your rears into gear, pronto, ho-ho-ho

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in!!!!

Got all my work cleared off my desk by 11:30 AM!!!! Now I can just relax sitting on my butt and do nothing!!!! Probably catch up on Schumi's trip report and live vicariously through her pictures of warm air, palm trees and food!!! And I will probably check out for specials on a couple of places we have our eye on for a last minute warm winter get away. I have a few in mind...so I'm keeping and eye on them to see if the prices are fluctuating yet. Two more days of work at the second job tomorrow and Sunday for half a day....then I will be putting my feet up popcorn:: and just relaxing and doing the things I enjoy.

Disx...those were amazing pictures!!!! We have a parade of lights here...but standing out in the cold ( -10 F ) is NOT my idea of fun. So we don't go to that. So I'll look at other peoples pictures!!!!

Schumi...yup...lollygag is the perfect analogy for me. I love and can lollygag like a pro :laughing:. And we like to get fresh farm raised turkeys too. We are very fortunate that there are a couple of menonite colonies around here...and they sell their fresh anything and everything in the local butcher shops and our Farmer's Market here. I am willing to spend more for those tasty ones that a bland utility turkey.

Lynne....I did that yesterday with the both the boys. We had a great evening out...and it wasn't even too crazy busy. It is those moments we look forward to.

keisha....I sure hope you feel better in time to enjoy the holiday season. Being sick over the holidays is never fun.

Well...off to catch up on Schumi's trip report!!!

I hope everyone is doing great, and getting all the last minute things done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter