Something About Nothing............ #14

Snow day here - ice/sleet and freezing rain came first. break in middle of day and now the snow is coming (light I think).
Sounds like a good cruise @cam757, Have an NCL cruise currently booked for january 2021, but may push that back to November as we are talking about a holiday cruise.

Was going to do some online gift shopping today, but my second check of the chickens I found my sweet Daisy -the mother hen and the 2nd oldest-had died. She was fine the first check so no idea what happened. Took wind out of my sails and have been in funk all day. She was my talker and we could always here her talking to us and calling to the other hens.

Lynne hope the storm passes you safely by-lots of issues with the ice here
Schumi your event sounds really fun-may pick your brain later for details and if something that could be duplicated here-always looking for ideas for fun fundraisers!
Happy Birthday to Charade!!
@Disxuni I enjoyed the Imagineering series but this last episode really had me shaking my head-some inaccurate information and definite glossing and plussing of Iger...completely ignored the enormous cost over runs of the Shanghai park and how it affected domestic parks.

Mac-hope you are recovered and feeling much better now!

Hugs MonyK, saw on FB your post about Daisy passing away. Sad to hear, but a great life she had being so spoiled and loved by your family. Never easy to say goodbye to a loved pet. More hugs.

Raining now, and expected through the night. Saying snow and icy in tomorrow’s early morning, so you can bet I will be listening to the news as soon as I am awake tomorrow morning. As long as enough above freezing, and hope for the best, when commuting to work.

Quiet enough night. And grocery shopping, with lots of others, on my way home. Sigh. Crowded time of year, everywhere.

Have a nice night, all.

And, thanks Cam for the info on your cruise. Was not looking at that cruise line, for now.

Finally, MonyK, we are cruising with Royal in January ‘21.

Good evening everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Our little mall recently got a Sea Quest, so we went to check it out. I thought this was kind of funny.

But this is the real reason we went

I got to pet and feed a real sloth.
Such a cool birthday.

Ugh. I had a bunch of quotes, but lost them because I had to switch devices to post.

Mac - I would love to visit you in GA. I am so looking forward to going there next spring for my brother’s reception. I think I will be staying near Mableton.

Disxuni - I have The Imagineering Experience in my list of things to watch. I think I will get to see the TV more often once football season is over.

Schumi - Enjoy the new wine chiller. I’m hoping to have a new dining set delivered soon. (That’s not the thing that is coming from China.)

Cam - Sounds like the cruise was a great success. We visited Key West the first year we lived in Florida. It was a nice long weekend vacation. We went to Benihana when we were there and discovered that our Japanese chef had graduated from my rival high school in Marietta, Ga.

MonyK - So sorry to hear about Daisy. Hugs to you and your family.

Lynne - Hope you don’t get too much nasty weather tomorrow.

I’m sleepy and should go to bed, but I am stuffed full from tonight’s dinner. I should probably wait a little while before going to bed.

Good night!

Charade, I’m always open for company!
Come on over

Monyk, lots of hugs for you
Not easy to say goodbye to your pet

If I overlooked anyone it’s because I have not read back in the thread

Been a frustrating day as when I tried to read threads, got the amazon or Walmart .. you are a winner

Been shut out in reading and posting a lot yesterday and today.

Believe it has been worked on by the webmasters now.

Many thanks to them for saving my sanity ....lol

Been watching the weather channel today
I always look at the areas where the homies live
Disxuni was safe, but most of you had icky weather and horrible driving conditions
Hope it does not last long for you!

Sorry about your pet MonyK.......and sounds like you have some nasty weather heading your way. Yes, would be happy to share what we did......

mac.....yes, it’s hard to catch up sometimes with posts.......and being locked out doesn’t help! Hope you’re doing ok.......

Charade, glad you had nice birthday and hope your dinner service comes soon.

Woke up to frost this morning......planning on heading out to do some fun shopping this morning.......nothing essential.......and it’s nice to have a wander around the stores all decorated for Christmas.......love seeing everything look so festive.

Too early for breakfast yet.......will wait an hour or so......think it’ll be quite dull this morning......maybe Rice Krispies.......not quite a roll with bacon!!

Dinner tonight is my home made spicy meatballs......not feeling like pasta so maybe some butter roasted potatoes to go with them.......Yep, sounds like a plan......

Have a great Tuesday.......

How neat, Charade. Great pictures too.

Mac, yeah there are days I am so ready for warm.

Still raining and 34 out. Roads were surprisingly not that slick, but oh the puddles and pot holes. Rainy Tuesday for us.

Oh and a Taco Tuesday is here. No, not meatballs for dinner. Mac is most likely doing her Taco Bell run. And a good thing she does, as those chicken tacos are being discontinued soon. Haha, since I have the Taco Bell app, I got a dong announcing the chicken tacos are going away.

And so it is time for tea. Happy Tuesday to all the homies. And yeah, with Thursday now predicted to have a high of 29 F degrees, I surely will want a three day weekend from doing that chilly commute.

Just you and I Lynne by the looks of it....... :wave2:

Think we have the same temps more or less......our frost hasn't cleared much at all today.....looking over to the fields outside the ones in direct sun have more or less cleared, but the lower ground out of sun are still white. Doubt it`ll get much warmer now. It is cold.

Got a few bits this morning, some unexpected little items I didn`t know I wanted till I saw them. We are sorted for Christmas and the following days, but a few extra bits and pieces don`t go wrong.

Wrapping some gifts this afternoon, that always takes a while, put some Christmas music on while we do it......:santa:

Relatively fine weather over here. Too bad I'm working! It keeps going up and down. It's up today, then going to be down again. I hope all are continuing their best to stay warm and to be safe on the roads.

I took Friday off as my last vaca day and we're going to be in the northern part of FL for a couple of days to have a little bit of a vacation prior to the holidays since I have no holiday time off.

@Monykalyn I concur. There is always a lot of things they seemed to gloss over. I personally like Waking Up Sleeping Beauty. However, I seen it prior to the Disney+ releasing and it's one of my favorite Disney docs, not only due to the fact that it's very educational and interesting to me, but the fact that it showcases that it's not all butterflies and rainbows in the Disney Studio all the time, not just the company, but the people themselves. @Charade67, you'll enjoy it! Also, Frank and Ollie is a good one too.

@Lynne G I keep forgetting how soon Christmas is approaching. So exciting! However, I haven't wrapped a single gift. 😬

Last edited:
Good morning homies!

looks like our temps are dropping to the low 50’s near end of the week but if long range predictions are accurate, next monday will have a week in the 60’s

I see dixsuni is here and gonna have a mini vacation in Florida north of her

enjoy!

Schumi I could have sworn I smelled bacon this morning
Whatever Mr Mac was cooking in the kitchen woke me up early morning
He gets up around 6:15 each morning
I do not

Lynne, are you all ready now for Christmas?
No last minute shopping to be done ?

watching weather channel and now icky weather for southern ga
Too far from where I live and won’t create an issue for us

Hope all have a great day!

Yep. just about ready, Mac. Did wrap quite a few gifts this week-end. Maybe some last minute, but more for the fun of it, not really needing much now. More like, where'd I put that. Why 3 day week-end is a good thing.

mac, I’ve never quite got out of the habit of being an early riser.......even on a weekend I’m up far too early........Kyle is exactly the same! Tom would sleep later.....cooking bacon usually makes him head for the shower quickly.....:rotfl:

Lynne, I love wrapping gifts.......I‘m not brilliant at it, some folks make their gift wrapping look like a gift on their own. My bows and ribbons never look perfect for some reason......:crazy:

Looking out the back sitting room windows, we just saw 3 baby deer emerge from the trees in the distance.....they were so cute, haven’t seen baby ones for a while......almost missed them as it is getting dark. Will look out for them and their much bigger mother over the next days.

Most presents wrapped now. Need to hand a few out before the weekend, the rest will keep.

Bit hungry now.....it’s just turning 4pm......need a snack I think. Made some all butter shortbread, may have some of that with a cuppa. Dinner is a couple of hours away yet.

OOH, I'd be over Schumi's! Tea and shortbread are a favorite combo of mine.

Today, warm soft pretzels, and a huge bundt cake with thick cream cheese icing. And fun chocolate candy.

Yeah, I need that umbrella lunchtime walk with all that carbs I might have eaten. :)

Well Schumi I do have days I am up at 6 am
Since October, Mr Mac has had 21 days away from home on 3 separate trips

I am up in the mornings before the sun rises when he is gone
Usually it is 5:50-6:00
Cats are hungry .....and sit on my face until I wake up

When he returned Thursday, cats ignored him and woke me up Friday for food

Much better now as Mr Mac is back on his early rising schedule and I get to sleep until 7:00

Cleaned out my closet yesterday and dropped off the donations to our community center this morning
Now started laundry so another job off my to do list for today

Quick post from lunch. Cold and dreary here today, but we are supposed to get some sun tomorrow. I have everything wrapped except Caspian’s gifts. They are still in the box they were shipped in. He really only cares about the box anyway. I’m still waiting for one of dh’s gifts. I don’t know if it will get here in time. It is currently in customs.

If you need me I will be over at Lynne’s eating the Bundt cake.

Lynne, All butter shortbread is one of my favourite things. And one of the easiest biscuits (as we call them) to make.......the butterier the better......and perfect with a cup of English breakfast tea. Some folks add chocolate chips or even little toffee pieces......nope, as it comes.

mac, I love a good closet clear out. Makes room for new stuff though.....lol......think I’m due another one soon!

Dinner was good.......Kyle said the meatballs were too spicy for him......I didn’t think they were......he ate them though.

Quiet night ahead.......

Yep, I like my shortbread plain, with no icing either. And yes, with a perfect cup of tea, Schumi.

Hoping for a quiet night too. And it is still raining. But whee, older one just left to pick little one up. Guess she's done with eating dinner at college. To be fair, picky eater little one was none too fond of that school's food.

Yep, I like my shortbread plain, with no icing either. And yes, with a perfect cup of tea, Schumi.

Hoping for a quiet night too. And it is still raining. But whee, older one just left to pick little one up. Guess she's done with eating dinner at college. To be fair, picky eater little one was none too fond of that school's food.

Icing???

Never heard of icing on shortbread......but of course things are different in the USA......

Your daughter is home tonight! Excellent.......she’ll enjoy being home and having food she likes served up......

We just emptied the dishwasher and I broke a favourite Christmas design mug I bought in Pottery Barn years ago........doubt I’ll be able to replace it now......I have plenty more Christmas mugs and cups, but this was one I use every day over the festive season.......

Bitterly cold here tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!