Something About Nothing............ #14

Hugs MonyK, saw on FB your post about Daisy passing away. Sad to hear, but a great life she had being so spoiled and loved by your family. Never easy to say goodbye to a loved pet. More hugs.
I got to pet and feed a real sloth.
So sorry to hear about Daisy. Hugs to you and your family
Monyk, lots of hugs for you
Not easy to say goodbye to your pet
Sorry about your pet MonyK
Thank you. It was eerie opening the coop to check on them today as not a single one chirped at me. Daisy was my talker and greeter. REally will miss her chatter, after nearly 7 years I've become accustomed to it.
I personally like Waking Up Sleeping Beauty.
That one is in my queue-will have to check it out
We just emptied the dishwasher and I broke a favourite Christmas design mug I bought in Pottery Barn years ago........doubt I’ll be able to replace it now......I have plenty more Christmas mugs and cups, but this was one I use every day over the festive season.......
Oh no-it just a "thing" but I don't like losing my favorites!

Roads mostly clear today-at least major roads were in am, and side roads in pm are clear now too. Think DH is going to finish up shopping on friday. I already got his present a couple months ago (renewed the membership to local Cardinals AA affiliate.

And DH insisted on watching Wizard of Oz. I may go to bed early and read as didn't sleep great last night.

Mac we are flying in January but next time we drive will have to take a couple extra days-would love to meet up with you, and another friend moved to near Atlanta and she wants us to visit.

Oh and a Taco Tuesday is here. No, not meatballs for dinner. Mac is most likely doing her Taco Bell run. And a good thing she does, as those chicken tacos are being discontinued soon.
Well.......went to Taco Bell and was told the rolled chicken tacos ended two days ago

very disappointed

Monyk
I’ll pencil you in next time you drive to Orlando!

You can hit my place and your Atlanta friend on the same trip

Quick catch up before I go to bed.

Charade, I’m always open for company!
Come on over
I'm tempted to take you up on that. How far are you from Rome? We may be stopping there to visit some friends/former colleagues of dh.

Woke up to frost this morning......planning on heading out to do some fun shopping this morning.......nothing essential.......and it’s nice to have a wander around the stores all decorated for Christmas.......love seeing everything look so festive.
You are braver than I am. I try to avoid stores this close to Christmas. I'm still traumatized from working retail and that was over 20 years ago.

I took Friday off as my last vaca day and we're going to be in the northern part of FL for a couple of days to have a little bit of a vacation prior to the holidays since I have no holiday time off.
Have a nice vacation, and Ihope you have good weather.

We just emptied the dishwasher and I broke a favourite Christmas design mug I bought in Pottery Barn years ago........doubt I’ll be able to replace it now......I have plenty more Christmas mugs and cups, but this was one I use every day over the festive season.......
Oh no. Maybe ebay?

I checked tracking and dh's last gift has cleared customs, so maybe it will be here in time for Christmas.

Good night all!

Good Morning all youse-n-y'all! About to load up and head to the airport! ALL SEVENTEEN OF US! (Well, not all at the exact same time, but a zoo is headed to Orlando...to understate the obvious!)
BRRRR...Hoping this cold weather stays north of Orlando!

Hard Rock Hotel BOUND! Then....to the Old Man River Resort! :rainbow:

Woot! Safe travels, and lots of holiday fun for the Buckeev gang.

Mac, sad your tacos are gone. My little one is still annoyed at no fries. She really likes them.

Ooh, just a bit over half a moon showing almost directly over me as I left the house. Clear, so you know what that means, yep cold, with 30 mph winds, just brr. And those lucky enough to be North of the City, will enjoy snow showers as the day warms into the high 30’s.

MonyK, glad to hear roads clear and all are okay. Nice gift for your DH. And no way am I driving the next 2 January times we are cruising from Florida. I am so hoping unusual heat the times we will be in Florida and the Western Gulf, then the year after the Eastern Caribbean.

Ah, even a shorter week for me, but I am still happy this is a Hump of a day, and yes homies, it is a Wednesday!

Yep, even the camel is getting into the holiday spirit, as he knows, next Wednesday, will be Christmas. Hey, have all the homies been good this year? LOL

Okay, time for tea. Why yes, left over soft pretzels are not my favorite. Hello Tastykake, nice to be found in my desk. Yep, always buy a box at the start of the week, as a sweet treat is nice to have, when the break room is bare, or has nothing interesting. On a most positive post, pizza time, for lunch. Yes, even the pizza place decorates nicely for the holidays, so pizza party we will have

FYI:
459248 ::yes::

Good Morning! :surfweb::wave2:

Oh, and Schumi, sorry to hear of broken mug. Maybe try an email to PB, and maybe they can help.

Finally, woot! Charade's present is on it's way for sure, now.

@Charade67 thanks for the well wishes! Temperature dramatically dropped from yesterday to today, so it'll probably be cooler which I do not mind. It's been rainy the past few days so fingers crossed!

@Monykalyn I think you will like it. It's a pretty educational and honest documentary. It's different from all the other Disney documentaries I've seen. It shows ups and down which is nice. Another thing I like about it is that it focuses a lot on using voice over work over footage of the moments they're talking about. There are only a few moments in which someone is sitting there being interviewed.

@buckeev That is a ton of people to keep track of! I hope you all have an amazing time! HRH is one of my favorites. 😍

Also, yay, it's humpity hump hump day, homies! A week til Santa comes. I hope everyone has an amazing day!

Buckeev
Having 17 peeps together for your trip will be like cat herding

Have a fun vacation!

Good morning to all the homies
Santa is coming soon so be on your best behavior so your neighbors get the coal in your stockings and not you..

Good Morning....It is Wednesday and still loads of shopping to do. Why do I do this to myself every year???
Anyway, back at work. Another slow day, things won't pick up til after the first of the year so it is nice to have this down time so I can catch up on DIS.

Weather has turned cold. In the high 30's today. At least the rain has stopped.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs last night. I don't have many talents to speak of but I can make a mean pot of sauce:)

Have a great Hump Day!

Sounds like the cruise was a great success. We visited Key West the first year we lived in Florida. It was a nice long weekend vacation. We went to Benihana when we were there and discovered that our Japanese chef had graduated from my rival high school in Marietta, Ga.

Happy Belated Birthday @Charade67. My aunt used to have a vacation home on Grassy Key so I have been once before but it has been over 25 years. I wish we had more time to explore but we did stop a couple of times to do a little shopping and feed the Tarpons at the Bass Pro in Islamarado. That is funny about the chef at Benihana. I have only ate their twice but I remember it being very good. Once in Stuart, FL (my first hibachi experience as a kid) and the other in Orlando, FL in my early 20's when we stayed at the Hyatt. I think the restaurant was in the hotel.

I took Friday off as my last vaca day and we're going to be in the northern part of FL for a couple of days to have a little bit of a vacation prior to the holidays since I have no holiday time off.

Enjoy your day off!! I work part time but I did not take anytime off during the holidays either. Our office is so small only a few can take off at one time and I had my time off at the beginning of the month.

Lynne, All butter shortbread is one of my favourite things. And one of the easiest biscuits (as we call them) to make.......the butterier the better......and perfect with a cup of English breakfast tea. Some folks add chocolate chips or even little toffee pieces......nope, as it comes.

I have not had a chance to catch up on posts yet (going to today), but I hope you and your family had a great time in Orlando! I love shortbread, although I have only made them once. May have to make a batch this weekend.

Dinner was good.......Kyle said the meatballs were too spicy for him......I didn’t think they were......he ate them though.

I made Italian meatballs for my spaghetti last night. Mine are usually just okay but yesterday's were probably the best. New recipe and it is a keeper. What makes your meatballs spicy?

Never heard of icing on shortbread......but of course things are different in the USA......

There is a commercial brand that is in most grocery store bakeries. Lofthouse, I believe is the name. They put icing on their cookies and wow, they are sooo good.

So sorry about your mug. If you know the design, you might be able to find it on replacements.com.

Well.......went to Taco Bell and was told the rolled chicken tacos ended two days ago

Well that is disappointing! I have been meaning to go by there specifically for the rolled chicken tacos. They were good. They should add those to the regular menu.

Sounds like a good cruise @cam757, Have an NCL cruise currently booked for january 2021, but may push that back to November as we are talking about a holiday cruise.

Was going to do some online gift shopping today, but my second check of the chickens I found my sweet Daisy -the mother hen and the 2nd oldest-had died. She was fine the first check so no idea what happened. Took wind out of my sails and have been in funk all day. She was my talker and we could always here her talking to us and calling to the other hens.

Thanks it was a good one! I do like NCL, however full disclosure, I have never cruised with any other cruiseline. They have pretty good deals, especially if you enjoy adult beverages and they usually have top notch entertainment.

So sorry about your Daisy. It is so tough to lose our pets.

Enjoy your day off!! I work part time but I did not take anytime off during the holidays either. Our office is so small only a few can take off at one time and I had my time off at the beginning of the month.

We're pretty small in our dept (going to get smaller by the start of next year) too which is why first come, first serve is important. I've been relatively new compared to others so I've never claimed holiday time during the holidays, but this my third year coming up, so this time I think it'd be fair to ask. I hope you still have a good holiday even though you're not taking any time.

Safe travels buckeev…..quite the trip ahead of you!!

Lynne, we too had a half moon this morning.....sky was beautiful last night and incredibly clear. Kyle was out stargazing and got some beautiful images of the Orion Nebula, it was slightly visible with the naked eye.....stunning. Pizza sounds good, enjoy it..........wish I liked pretzels.....

cam......thanks so much, yes, we had a fabulous time in Orlando! Back to normality now.....but you`re doing the same too.....lol....it`s not easy.
That doesn't sound like shortbread what you described.....us Scots are very adamant shortbread isn't a cookie.....lol....no such thing as icing on it!! I guess we can be precious about it since it`s almost a perfect product as it is......
I use a variety of things, depending on what I`m serving the meatballs with....for general Italian style meatballs with home made sauce for pasta, I use plain old cayenne pepper. I use muscovado sugar in the sauce too which is also spicy, but the dark sugar balances the acidity of the tomato and the heat from the cayenne. For Greek style meatballs I use a variety of spices, and usually diced up jalapenos.…..lush!!!!
Glad you have a slower time at work for a while, gives you a chance to catch up a little to life after vacations...…..

Yes, can`t get a replacement mug....it was 10 years old, but still looked brand new...….so cute.

It is freezing here today! We had -4C this morning and didn't get much warmer throughout the day......we had a bimble up to the wholesale butcher we use, freezing fog the whole journey as it`s out in the middle of nowhere......roads weren't the best, but everyone seemed to be driving to the conditions. Except one young girl I`d say was in her mid 20`s......she took such a risk to get two cars ahead......I was glad she was in front of us and not behind, her braking was extreme.

Still freezing outside so won`t be going far tonight...….some good tv, well, some tv and a glass of wine I think...….can`t believe a week today will be Christmas...….. 🎅

Well our 2 weeks at HRH are over - the long flight back to the UK later this afternoon - to be honest though we're looking forward to 10 hours of sitting down and being waited on in Premium 😂 It's been an amazing trip and I'll be doing a full trip report once home. Till next time Orlando....

Well our 2 weeks at HRH are over - the long flight back to the UK later this afternoon - to be honest though we're looking forward to 10 hours of sitting down and being waited on in Premium 😂 It's been an amazing trip and I'll be doing a full trip report once home. Till next time Orlando....

10 hours back to the UK?? Who are you flying with??

Our Virgin flight took 6 hours and 57 minutes last week. Food in Premium was the best food we’d had coming home before.....breakfast was dreadful however, so we didn’t touch that.

Safe travels home.

10 hours back to the UK?? Who are you flying with??

Our Virgin flight took 6 hours and 57 minutes last week. Food in Premium was the best food we’d had coming home before.....breakfast was dreadful however, so we didn’t touch that.

Safe travels home.
It was 10 coming over with Virgin but I'll take 6 going back 😀Then we don't fly out of Manchester back home to Portugal until 6pm....oh the pain!

We are usually just over 8 and a half hours going out, sounds like you were unlucky with your flight. 10 hours? All our Virgin flights take around the same time going out to Orlando.

So, we have a slightly warmer evening of 0C. Feels like -3C apparently.

Dinner up soon.........and I forgot the final of The Apprentice is on tonight, that’s what we’ll be watching later.

I’m craving coconut ice cream........I have no ingredients to make it, will have to make sure I get them tomorrow when we grocery shop. I do have Bounty Bars in the treat cabinet........mmmmmmm.........that’ll work.

Safe travels, Lash. So nice to have 2 weeks to have enjoyed your holiday. Another reason to book another. And ooh, such a long day of flights.

Cool out here still, and that wind. Bad hair day, and full of pizza.

Means, time for tea.

Hmm, candy in English is not always same, so have to look up that name, Schumi. We do have coconut candy, that is Mounds, with or without nuts, so with nuts called Almond Joy.

Safe travels, Lash. So nice to have 2 weeks to have enjoyed your holiday. Another reason to book another. And ooh, such a long day of flights.

Means, time for tea.

Hmm, candy in English is not always same, so have to look up that name, Schumi. We do have coconut candy, that is Mounds, with or without nuts, so with nuts called Almond Joy.
thank you - Just want to get on the flight and relax 😂😂😂 I will be online as soon as we get home to re-book 😂😂😂 Loved HRH and all Orlando had to offer but so much more to see and do.

Means, time for tea.

Chocolate is very different in the states! And not in a good way for us.......

We always bring loads of British chocolate for the guys at both hotels......and some do love Bounty bars......and no, no nuts in it......although nuts shouldn’t be in chocolate :headache:......only flavoured as a savoury snack.....of course that’s just me!

Dinner filled me up.....had no room for a bounty bar after all.

Just done some last minute online shopping......there’s always something. I always think I’m done, then see something else......:rolleyes1

Oh I agree, Schumi. We don't put as much richness in most of our chocolates. Why I always like ice cream in England too. Much creamier.

Not sure what for dinner. I'm still full. Tea cup is so enjoyable, as snow shower outside my window, swirling from the wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter