Something About Nothing............ #14

Pumpkin.......we can also turn lollygagging into an Olympic event......if Tom postpones doing something, he’ll laugh and say he’s just lollygagging.....good word!! I’m envious you have the fresh turkeys so often!!! We could buy frozen.....but, no...we stick to fresh always. Hope the next two days go quickly for you........

Yay.......Keisha’s back........:cheer2: Glad you’re back in the land of the healthy......or as healthy as can be!! Travel is worth it though.......yes, I’d lay off the baking......although your baking sounds as if it’s something special!!!

Lynne.....Mall looks lovely!! Hope you got some nice shopping done......

Quite a day. Almost forgot we had a lunch today, wasn’t on my calendar so wouldn’t have remembered if it wasn’t for friend texting us for us ride over......so after a morning shopping and we found the crowds....stores we looked at going to were crazy, so we only got the essentials. Then, had lunch, which was lovely and very festive, and one of the couples mentioned they hadn’t seen Jim Carey’s Grinch movie.......so, after lunch, which was quite late by this point.....it was back to ours to watch it in the the room with the massive tv.....only way to watch a movie.

Funnily enough, one of our friends William, looks almost exactly like Chevy Chase looked like in Christmas Vacation......so everyone buys him Christmas jumpers all the time......we don’t....we buy him very good alcohol......he much prefers that! But, he did have a crazy Christmas jumper on today.

So they loved it! How can you not have seen The Grinch?? Even after a big lunch we still managed a few nibbles and a few drinks......but, it was a lovely day. They’ve not long left for home in a cab.

Tomorrow I cook the turkey that we portion up and freeze......friend delivered it today, looks lovely......our Christmas Day turkey is coming Tuesday.......then maybe out tomorrow night......or maybe a night in......with a Christmas movie.

Hope your Friday has been a good one......:santa:

Happy Friday everyone. I did manage to get back to sleep, but woke up earlier than I had planned. B and I went to the festival of tress today. It was okay, but not as many trees as I had hoped to see. Since we had driven all that way we decided to take a walk out to the bridge. If you have never seen the VA natural bridge here it is:

Normally you can walk under the bridge then down a path that takes you to a small waterfall. Today we could only go to the front of the bridge. There were icicles on the bridge (see next picture) and they didn't want the risk of tourists getting hit with falling icicles.

Charade.....Christmas Eve is just the busiest of nights to go out for a meal.....glad you got booked up! We have an early evening meet up with some friends for drinks and apps on the 24th.......just in the local village pub as they rather nicely decided they are closing early so staff can have most of the evening off and spend it with family or whatever they want to do.....We like that idea.....hope you have fun!
I think you are smart going to a local pub. The restaurant we are going to is at a large mall. We are probably crazy to do this on Christmas Eve, but dh hasn't been to this restaurant in years.

Hope @macraven gets sleep soon and I hope you fall back asleep @Charade67 eventually. I have issues with sleeping and rarely take naps, or pass out. The only time I’ll naturally fall asleep is in a car. Any other time Ihave to force myself to sleep.
I am terrible about falling asleep in the car if I am not the one driving. I don't know why the car makes me so sleepy.

Like a bad rash, I’m baaaack.
Will read back this weekend but mention of sloths (my new spirit animal) caught my eye :). They are everywhere. Funny how popular they’ve become last few years. Bought new luggage covers, guess what’s on them? Those prints will positively make those bags jump off the carousel
Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better. I claim the sloth as my spirit animal too. They are slow, solitary creatures, and are somewhat picky eaters.

Got all my work cleared off my desk by 11:30 AM!!!! Now I can just relax sitting on my butt and do nothing!!!!
Sounds like a great way to spend a Friday at work.

Dh is in Florida right now for a college football bowl game tomorrow. B and I would have gone with him, but neither of us cares much about football. This afternoon we decided that we will go to Busch Gardens Christmas town tomorrow. Since it is a 3 hour drive we plan to stay overnight in a hotel and come back on Sunday. Hopefully we will not have a repeat of what happened last time we went to Busch Gardens.

Safe travels and have fun at Busch Gardens tomorrow, Charade.

Yay a Keisha post. Like a bad penny. LOL 😆. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yeah, older one is still on medication. Allergies are still bothering him, as many bring plants and flowers inside.

Hehe, watching Frosty ☃️.

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y
!

Why yes it is.

Up way too early again. Oops left the alarm on. Oh well. Was nice to see a dark sky be one brighter.

Today’s schedule: some returns and a bit of grocery shopping, wrapping and deciding if take out Chinese food for dinner is the choice, or pizza, or other.

Christmas fun in a park for Charade. Hope your weekend trip is perfect.

And so, more tea is needed, thus, may all have a super nice Saturday.

Charade, as long as you have a reservation it`ll be fine.....have a good weekend too.

Lynne.....up too early? Story of my life.....although I did sleep till 7.30 this morning, latest I`ve slept for years......it was light already!

Lovely morning dropping presents off to some friends who are close by, and checked out my secret santa gifts from several friends......some lovely thoughts in there.

Lazy afternoon and rather strangely decided to stay in tonight......everywhere will be mobbed tonight. It`s not cold either, not warm but just very dull and grey outside.

Had some lovely bacon today......think the aroma may have wafted over to the other side of the Atlantic!!

Cooking our spare turkey right now......once it`s cold, it`ll be sliced, soaked in stock or gravy and frozen to enjoy at a later date.......smells lovely!

Have a great Saturday......

Quick good morning while I wait for B to finish getting ready. We are going to go get breakfast then head over to Busch Gardens. It's a 3 hour drive.

Lynne - I vote for Chinese food. I don't know if we will eat in the park or not. BG is a great theme park, but the food could be better.

Schumi - I had to chuckle at spare Turkey. I guess I've never thought of food as something one would have a spare of.

My next post will be from Williamsburg.

Good afternoon, everyone! Hope everyone is having a food day. Been antiquing and found this. I do not consider it an antique, but it’s quite cool. It’s a pin that’s bigger than my hand. Thought I’d share since we’re all Universal fans!

Charade, I guess it’s not so much a spare turkey as an extra one so we can enjoy turkey into January and February.....it does reheat beautifully in liquids......

DLPN......I hate badly behaved children where parents don‘t seem to try to do anything......I have been known to make my feelings known once or twice.......lazy parenting is the worst.

Been enjoying a couple of Christmas movies.......tonight was Love Actually and currently have Christmas Vacation on, gotta love the Griswolds.....still to watch White Christmas (Christmas Eve afternoon) The 1951 A Christmas Carol with Alasdair Sim, my personal favourite, the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen and The Muppet Christmas Carol....quite a few that are similar but very different.

Guys are heading out in the morning for a few bits of shopping and I’m guessing some last minute Christmas presents........I plan to wrap the final presents while they’re out. Have a Carol service to attend for an hour or so late afternoon tomorrow.....the local choir are performing in the village church, always a fabulous performance. I’m a sucker for Christmas Hymns......

Time for a snack........think we’ve just nibbled the night away.......
perfect!

Hello from a nice warm hotel room. It got down to freezing tonight, but we had a great time. We saw all the shows we wanted to see, rode the train, and did a little window shopping. Some of the rides were running, but we both thought it was too cold to ride anything. I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.

And my personal favorite

Good afternoon, everyone! Hope everyone is having a food day. Been antiquing and found this. I do not consider it an antique, but it’s quite cool. It’s a pin that’s bigger than my hand. Thought I’d share since we’re all Universal fans!
Very cool pin.

We’re waiting in line for a visit with Santa, watching so many kids run around wild as though they brought themselves here for some sort of rave party or something, I’m not typically the type that coaches other parents but holy cow...
Ugh. The only thing worse than out of control kids are parents who don’t discipline. I remember having to take B out of stores and restaurants a few times when she was little.

Been enjoying a couple of Christmas movies.......tonight was Love Actually and currently have Christmas Vacation on, gotta love the Griswolds.....still to watch White Christmas (Christmas Eve afternoon) The 1951 A Christmas Carol with Alasdair Sim, my personal favourite, the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen and The Muppet Christmas Carol....quite a few that are similar but very different.
White Christmas and Muppet Christmas Carol are two of my favorites. We watched the Muppets last night.

We got to Bush Gardens at 2:00 and stayed until they closed at 10:00. Time for sleep. Good night all.

Lovely pictures Charade......glad you’re having such a lovely weekend with your daughter.

We have rain this morning........might clear up later, but as I have no plans to go out today, not bothered too much. Although my two are heading out soon to get some bits and some fresh stuff.

Wrapping the last of their gifts while they’re out and then lazy couple of days for me. Friends will pop in and out over the next few days and I’ll drop in to see a couple too, still have to drop in to see my friends little granddaughter and leave her gifts there.......she will be so excited! Love that little girl, all she asked Father Christmas for this year was a toy puppy and a minion pencil...:hug:

Have a great Sunday.........:wave2:

Tea for me.

Awesome pictures, Charade and sounds like a nice day at the park.

Yay, Schumi is in the gift giving mode, and sorry to hear weather is so rainy today.

SW movie for us today. Older one is the fan, little one is annoyed she has a ticket, and me, just like to enjoy a movie.

Shopping yesterday was good. Think I am done. And Warmer today. So wahoo for me.

Going to a morning showing of Star Wars here shortly, Bacon and eggs first though, Dream lounger theatre so will be able to lay back and enjoy the show.

Good morning everyone. We are getting ready to head back home.
We will be going to see Star Wars on Tuesday For dh’s birthday.

BF2AD47D-0843-4F5F-B6EE-1323677965D0.jpeg

Tomorrow I cook the turkey that we portion up and freeze......friend delivered it today, looks lovely......our Christmas Day turkey is coming Tuesday.......then maybe out tomorrow night......or maybe a night in......with a Christmas movie.
Not sure what i’m Making for dinner today, maybe chicken wings, may just hit up MickeyD’s. Need to wrap presents again today.

Two turkey breasts going into oven in a bit too. Will disappear quick enough, turkey a big fave here. Have learned to cook our ‘own’ holiday meal as the pickins are meager and quality of the E for effort type at my SiLs lol.
If you have never seen the VA natural bridge here it is:
I can cross that off my bucket list :). Have you done any of the presidential homes near Charlottesville? We love that sort of historical touring almost as much as the amusement parks. Passed their ‘exits’ on hwy a few times driving to BG but didn’t have time to work them into our brief visits to the area.

View attachment 459913
Did you see the new commerical featuring some of cast from movie? Not quite sure how I feel about it but nice to see the little guy back on screen in some format I suppose.

That would make a good Xmas present for an ET fan. I try to pick up something goofy along that line for everyone on my list This am on amazon found this little, heavily discounted gem. Intended for my oldest DS, a huge horror fan chip off the block. I introduced him to ‘the master’ hehe

CE89BAF5-28CE-4FAB-84B2-EF2F28AFF925.jpeg
We’re waiting in line for a visit with Santa, watching so many kids run around wild as though they brought themselves here for some sort of rave party or something, I’m not typically the type that coaches other parents but holy cow............
Always marveled how they tend to toss in photos after the kids have done a sugarfilled breakfast and are amped up to the max. The easter bunny meet & greet is a whole ‘nether thing. I’ve yet to see one that hasn’t made me consider bolting as to the creepy factor. Should be featured more in HHN imo.

Going to a morning showing of Star Wars here shortly, Bacon and eggs first though, Dream lounger theatre so will be able to lay back and enjoy the show.

Aah, my mister is on a 10 night stretch of midnights until Xmas eve am. Then back out daylight day after xmas. Planning on it Thursday or Friday. It’s been rough trying to avoid the spoilers and bad reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter