Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade, glad you enjoyed meeting your sister in law........and nice that you`ll get on well.....makes a difference! Hope your trip is going well.

Misty and slightly damp this morning is our outlook. Doesn`t feel cold though which is always a win. Hard to imagine tomorrow is the last day of November. Slept fairly late this morning till around 7ish, but had such a good sleep last night.

Tom made me sunny side up eggs on toast this morning, haven`t had that in a while, really enjoyed it. I can`t eat a lot of eggs, so that`ll be me done for a while with them. But, so nice.

Laundry and cinammon bun making this morning, chicken in the Aga and I think I`ll make chicken noodle soup for lunch tomorrow. Chicken is huge!

Plan to wrap up a few presents this afternoon too. Might glance at the Grand Prix this afternoon, but usually just switch it off now.....

cv65-M.gif

cv75-M.png

cv50-XL.jpg

cv53-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday........​

9B8ABE09-8A25-4C1F-A966-68C457336C99.jpeg
I like to shake things up lol

Going to package up the turkey today for the deep freeze, so long - farewell. Some for the inevitable turkey soup, serving size packets in gravy The ham will keep it company, then will pull it out to make ham spread for sandwiches at some point next few weeks.

Got a nice chunk of presents wrapped yesterday, more on tap today. Still have a list a mile long to purchase. BF was a meh. Cyber Monday, don’t fail me now :)

I hate sales and actively avoid them.....if a store has a sale on, I won`t go.....usually too busy.
o_O The mr insists its the thrill of the hunt for me lol
just did my first injection and it went well! It burns, but it's over quick. I did it in my stomach because I saw that it hurts less than the thighs. I'll try thighs another time to see for myself.
Good for you! My FiL got so good at it after practicing on oranges of all things. Amazingly, he wouldn’t really even look while doing it, just pinch his skin and have at it.
had to give her the passcode for our garage and tell her where to find the hidden spare. A friend also has a key to my house, so she was going to be the backup plan.
Installing the programmed locks on all our exterior doors one of the best things we’ve done to the house.

Have a great trip. Did I see a red panda there?
Our Chinese take out was really good last night. The only one we will use. Too much food but so tasty.
Hmm inspiration has hit, will whip up a quick stir fry for dinner tonight

Usually we would but, we gave half away. But, Christmas we freeze as much as we can for repeat dishes in January and February......yep, huge turkey fans here......
I made extra turkey breasts this year, sent along with sides with my DS. Youngest still stopped by yesterday for leftovers...saying mine would taste better :P Nice to see him, none-the-less.
Oh not snow Lynne......not for us this early.......no, it was just a hard frost everywhere. But, so beautiful as everything was pure white. It’s gone now and just a little dull, but cold. Perfect day for doing Christmassy things.
We’ve had a light snow but still no hard frost here. This week in low 30’s so
It’s as quiet here as my house is today.
A very good thing, Wild & wooly Saturday evenings on the DIS are definitely the polar opposite.
Tom made me sunny side up eggs
My favorite version, if done properly. None of that over easy business in my house.

Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I ended up skipping DH family gathering. Dh and Ds went though. I just had to much to do for my gathering. Going to have to rethInk how I do things next year. It is just too much to do in one day. May just move our Thanksgiving dinner to Friday from now on so we can go to DH family's dinner. My family dinner went well though.

Just rested Friday. Saturday Dh and I went out for a little while but mainly just to go out for lunch. I guess I will start my Christmas shopping this week since I am off Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

I will try to start doing some decorating today. Dh went fishing again so the big stuff will have to wait until he gets home.

Fish for dinner tonight. Dh went fishing Friday and caught some nice sized black sea bass.

Nice day today then the rain and cold air moves in.

Hubby is doing lots better and I have residual cough, but on the mend. Broke toe good this time. So putting on shoes is not fun, but this is not my first go around.

On a much lighter note. Pretty much all Christmas shopping is done and wrapped.

Glad things are improving for you and your hubby. A broken toe is awful. Hope it his healed up soon.
Grandsons 17th birthday is today and we have decided to give him a pick up truck for his Birthday and Christmas. He will be over the moon.

Very nice. What a terrific gift.

We have hot apple pie.

Wow! Looks delish.

Turkey #1 done, turkey #2 in the oven.

That is a gorgeous turkey. Nice job!

Ugh disappointed - email from Chatsworth House cannot open as the whole county in Tier 3 - all the efforts of decorating it over weeks and the cost to them immense.

That is disappointing. I bet it is beautiful to see in person.

Cam It looks like you will have busy day! Enjoy your multiple meals and your pumpkin cheesecake sounds delicious! I have a few times taken my own car and have had to leave early, sometimes you just have too!!

This year was just too much, so I ended up skipping the Dh's family meal. I need to worm on my timing a bit better. Oh well, there's always next year.

Brian got a job offer yesterday so we are waiting for the committment letter on Friday, it is a 100 percent remote so he can live anywhere in the U.S. Once the letter comes we start proceeding with everything. It is going to be crazy trying to sell the house buy and move between now and January but will try.

Congratulations to hubby. It's a hot housing market so hopefully you won't have a problem selling quickly.

I just did my first injection and it went well! It burns, but it's over quick. I did it in my stomach because I saw that it hurts less than the thighs. I'll try thighs another time to see for myself.

Glad your injection went well. Burning injections are the worse.

One small scare for the evening. I got a text from our cat sitter saying she couldn’t find the key to our house. I had to give her the passcode for our garage and tell her where to find the hidden spare. A friend also has a key to my house, so she was going to be the backup plan.

Oh no, that reminds me of when we went on vacation about 3.5 hours away from home. We had a cat at the time and left him indoors by mistake. We called my mom, who lives around the corner from us, to ask her to go let him out. She had misplaced the house key we gave her so she couldn't get in. Dh had to drive all the way home in the middle of the night to let the cat out and then drove back. 😄

Why hello.

Chickens must be enjoying our chilly, but very sunny morning. Clucking can be heard. Must mean I guess should get moving?

But no matter, was surely up before them, as awake at 3 this morning, for no particular reason. So what do ya do? The wash. And, put a teapot on. Priorities, ya know.

And so, loads of wash done, tea happily drank, snacked on some waffles that still remained in the freezer. Quiet house. Sweet!

And so, Cam, do much if what you need to do the day before. Lots can be reheated. Or, yep, stagger the meals. We have no issue enjoying turkey two nights in a row.

Last night, kids decided air fryer fun for dinner. Pretty good. I think the mac and cheese triangles were the winners, but onion rings were close. And those chicken nuggets were close too. I think they were still hungry, as saw the oven was used to bake a pizza or two. Of which, none I got.

And so, thinking pasta, as the tomatoes are looking tired, so easy red sauce it will be.

Great looking pies and pictures, Charade.

Hope all have a serene Sunday.

View attachment 540914
I like to shake things up lol

Going to package up the turkey today for the deep freeze, so long - farewell. Some for the inevitable turkey soup, serving size packets in gravy The ham will keep it company, then will pull it out to make ham spread for sandwiches at some point next few weeks.

Got a nice chunk of presents wrapped yesterday, more on tap today. Still have a list a mile long to purchase. BF was a meh. Cyber Monday, don’t fail me now :)

o_O The mr insists its the thrill of the hunt for me lol

Good for you! My FiL got so good at it after practicing on oranges of all things. Amazingly, he wouldn’t really even look while doing it, just pinch his skin and have at it.

Installing the programmed locks on all our exterior doors one of the best things we’ve done to the house.

Have a great trip. Did I see a red panda there?

Hmm inspiration has hit, will whip up a quick stir fry for dinner tonight

I made extra turkey breasts this year, sent along with sides with my DS. Youngest still stopped by yesterday for leftovers...saying mine would taste better :P Nice to see him, none-the-less.

We’ve had a light snow but still no hard frost here. This week in low 30’s so

A very good thing, Wild & wooly Saturday evenings on the DIS are definitely the polar opposite.

My favorite version, if done properly. None of that over easy business in my house.

It`s not often I eat just eggs, but yes, has to be sunny side up if not poached.....that`ll do me for eggs for a while now.

Does sound cold where you are......oh yes, sales are my nightmare, used to have one friend who`d get up around 3am on Boxing Day to get to a store that had sales starting 6am.....sold all the tat they couldn`t get rid of rest of the year, but she was a serious shopper! And to be honest she bought that many clothes over the year, I`m surprised there was any left she didn`t have.

Your cooking is always a hit though....I still think you need to open a B&B.....it would be a huge hit!!!

Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I ended up skipping DH family gathering. Dh and Ds went though. I just had to much to do for my gathering. Going to have to rethInk how I do things next year. It is just too much to do in one day. May just move our Thanksgiving dinner to Friday from now on so we can go to DH family's dinner. My family dinner went well though.

Just rested Friday. Saturday Dh and I went out for a little while but mainly just to go out for lunch. I guess I will start my Christmas shopping this week since I am off Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

I will try to start doing some decorating today. Dh went fishing again so the big stuff will have to wait until he gets home.

Fish for dinner tonight. Dh went fishing Friday and caught some nice sized black sea bass.

Nice day today then the rain and cold air moves in.

Glad things are improving for you and your hubby. A broken toe is awful. Hope it his healed up soon.

Wow! Looks delish.

That is a gorgeous turkey. Nice job!

That is disappointing. I bet it is beautiful to see in person.

This year was just too much, so I ended up skipping the Dh's family meal. I need to worm on my timing a bit better. Oh well, there's always next year.

Congratulations to hubby. It's a hot housing market so hopefully you won't have a problem selling quickly.

Glad your injection went well. Burning injections are the worse.

Oh no, that reminds me of when we went on vacation about 3.5 hours away from home. We had a cat at the time and left him indoors by mistake. We called my mom, who lives around the corner from us, to ask her to go let him out. She had misplaced the house key we gave her so she couldn't get in. Dh had to drive all the way home in the middle of the night to let the cat out and then drove back. 😄

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving cam......yes, it is a lot on one day when you want to see other folks too.

I love the sound of Black Sea Bass......sea bass is one of our favourite fish, but freshly caught must be marvellous!

Why hello.

Chickens must be enjoying our chilly, but very sunny morning. Clucking can be heard. Must mean I guess should get moving?

But no matter, was surely up before them, as awake at 3 this morning, for no particular reason. So what do ya do? The wash. And, put a teapot on. Priorities, ya know.

And so, loads of wash done, tea happily drank, snacked on some waffles that still remained in the freezer. Quiet house. Sweet!

And so, Cam, do much if what you need to do the day before. Lots can be reheated. Or, yep, stagger the meals. We have no issue enjoying turkey two nights in a row.

Last night, kids decided air fryer fun for dinner. Pretty good. I think the mac and cheese triangles were the winners, but onion rings were close. And those chicken nuggets were close too. I think they were still hungry, as saw the oven was used to bake a pizza or two. Of which, none I got.

And so, thinking pasta, as the tomatoes are looking tired, so easy red sauce it will be.

Great looking pies and pictures, Charade.

Hope all have a serene Sunday.

What air fryer do you have Lynne? I`m toying with getting another one, but not sure I really need one.

How is it for fresh chicken, not nuggets or goujons that have been coated.....

Watching the F1 GP and sadly saw the most horrific crash we`ve seen in many years. Thankfully the driver got out of the fireball eventually, and is in hospital now. He has a few burns and possibly broken ribs, but seeing the crash was just a huge shock.

Red flagged till they fix the barriers.....investigation will be interesting. But, the driver was incredibly lucky.

Chicken is cooking away nicely......2 of us want mash, 2 of us want parmentier potatoes......I think I get the casting vote.....parmentier it is.

Didn`t make cinammon buns after all. But, will get around to them.....always popular over here.

Time for a pot of tea.......

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

BA908441-83B5-4ABA-9022-3800C6258F1A.jpeg

9EFF62D1-C4B1-4A10-B3E6-4469AC00A1EF.jpeg

We have hot a

Apple pie looks delicious.

Will be sticking my hand out for Robo’s leftovers. That is a huge turkey. And a big happy birthday to your grandson. Very nice gift, I am sure he will enjoy.

Would be happy to share leftovers. Grandson was so happy with his birthday gift.

Turkey #1 done, turkey #2 in the oven.

Beautiful picture worthy Turkey. Looks delicious.

Your grandson will be thrilled with the truck.
Hope he has a great birthday today!
:bday:

Thank you MAC. He is over the moon with his truck.

I am thankful for all the homies!
I think of all of you a lot.

Mac you have made a wonderful home here for all of us. Thank you.

I have been reading a bit to keep up with everyone. I just wanted to add....that we are a " dressing " family. I make it with bread and meat and stuff it into the turkey to soak up even more of the turkey deliciousness!!!!! And whatever doesn't fit inside the bird, gets baked in a pan on the side...and is basted with some of the drippings too ::yes:: which makes is so much more healthy :rotfl: I do whip up a mean turkey dinner that is pretty tasty.

Sounds yummy. I always make stuffing outside of Turkey. I used to stuff Turkey many moons ago, but changed.

hope you and hubs are fully better soon. Happy Birthday to grandson!!! Wonderful to receive a vehicle and will be much appreciated I’m sure.

We are feeling better thank you. He was so happy with his gift.

Ooh, Robo, sick bay home alert. Sending lots of well wishes you and DH are feeling better soon. Yeah, a broken toe no fun. Hope it heals quick.

Still have residual cough. Will go away with time. Toe is still pretty swollen. That will heal too. Like everything else it just takes time.

Happy Birthday to your grandson Robbie......that is a super gift you have got him, and he`ll love it I`m sure!

Thanks Schumi. He did love the gift. It was time for him to have his own wheels.

Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your family time.......

We did, thank you. Everyone enjoyed the food and there was lots left over to send home with everyone.

Dinner is over, apple pie is in the Aga and we`ll have a bit soon. Will make some custard up and that`ll be dessert.

Sounds yummy.

Ugh disappointed - email from Chatsworth House cannot open as the whole county in Tier 3 - all the efforts of decorating it over weeks and the cost to them immense. The Peak District area really low numbers but the city areas sadly high. Hey ho no point pondering on it.

Sorry to hear your plans had to be cancelled. There are so many organizations that are hurting this year do to Covid closures.

Hi everyone:yay: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and abroad. It is rainy here and cool but that is okay since we will be staying home today. Just the 4 of us, I am making most of the traditional stuff just adding a broccoli cheese casserole, homa made cranberry sauce and a pistachio lush cake. The teens weren't feeling good this week so both went for Covid tests and waiting for results. They can't go back to work till they have the negative test in hand and I think Target is a little salty with them not being able to come in on the busiest holdiay for them. Oh well they will have to deal!

Bobbie68 so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Hope the teens Covid tests come back negative.

Brian got a job offer yesterday so we are waiting for the committment letter on Friday, it is a 100 percent remote so he can live anywhere in the U.S. Once the letter comes we start proceeding with everything. It is going to be crazy trying to sell the house buy and move between now and January but will try.

Sending good luck wishes for Brian’s job situation. Mummy dust on house selling and buying. Sounds like it’s going to be a busy Christmas season for you. Take care.

Do many of you plan to shop the sales that begin later this morning?

Did some online shopping. Just a couple things.

Happy birthday to him. What a great gift.

Thanks he loves his gift.

Seriously, so many places do seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Whether her judgement call or the practice’s protocols, you have to wonder why not start the meds & do the test. What happened to common sense?

After talking to the after-hours clinic Nurse seems like all the local Doctors offices are basically telling their patients not to come to their offices and are not treating their patients when called. They dumping all their patients on the after-hours clinics.

I had my pedicure appointment Friday and the lady that does my pedicures told me her 2 year old grandson had 104 temp. Her daughter ( who is a Nurse) called the pediatric doctor and they would not see him or order meds and asked his mom to take him for a Covid test. SOUND FAMILIAR. She took him to after-hours clinic and the doctor there said he was very ill and started him on antibiotics and the baby was doing great the next day.

I’am livid about the lack of care by this local clinic. It is absolutely unacceptable. I will be calling the clinic tomorrow to voice my displeasure and concern over the lack of medical treatment by the staff. Our previous doctor is now the clinic VP. He is a wonderful doctor and I wonder if he knows what’s going on.

I know everyone is scared about Covid, but the clinic staff making poor medical decision choices and leaving people hanging without medical care is negligent.

Holy smokes, that’s amazingly generous! You are setting the bar high for the rest of us grandparents lol. He’s a really lucky boy.

He is the sweetest grandson. We are glad to give it to him.

Some positive news this morning as we finally have a replacement date for court for financial remedy for Em. Not until next May but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Lot of preparation and meetings prior to that but nothing until the New Year.

I hope Em will have a good outcome for her and the children in her financial arrangement in May.

Never driven a Hyundai.....I know a few that have an Elantra and love it. Over here, yes, there are a few of them around, SUV`s too. Our Porsche is going in next week for an oil change and we get a courtesy car........they asked if we had a preference for a courtesy car....Tom said on the phone no doesn`t matter.....I`m hopping around in the background shouting something small and very fast :laughing: just a change from the SUV for a day........

We had a few Hyundai Santa Fe’s in the family a number of years ago. Those SUV’s last for ever. They are well made vehicles with great warranties. Our son and daughter-in-law have a Elantra and they really like it.

christmas trees up tomorrow......that involves all of us joining in, wine flowing, sweet mince pies and lots of Christmas music......jingle bells indeed!!

Sounds like a nice tradition.

I just did my first injection and it went well! It burns, but it's over quick. I did it in my stomach because I saw that it hurts less than the thighs. I'll try thighs another time to see for myself.

Sorry you have to take injections. Yes, rotating sites on the stomach are less painful as long as you keep your imaginary circle away from the naval in mind. They should have given you a picture diagram when teaching you on it. Sending lots of good wishes for you as you continue your journey to feeling better.

Good evening. We made it safely to Georgia. We got a late start and it was a long drive. I’m ready for some sleep.

Glad to hear you all made it to Georgia safely. Enjoy your time with family.

Will be Christmas music on loudly this afternoon as I’ll have empty house!

Turn it up and enjoy. I always turn on my Nutcracker CD when decorating.

My hands are all scratched with separating the branches.

Yes, it’s one of Christmas injuries sustained in the pursuit of a beautiful tree. I’am sure your trees will be lovely.

We are back to watching The Crown tonight - on to season 2. Every now and then I google someone or something to find the true facts. Certainly some things we were unaware of including the Kennedy episode.

We finished this season of The Crown already. It was almost painful to watch. They portrayed Prince Charles as a spoiled, heartless man who treated his wife (Diana) horribly. I can’t imagine this will endear him to many. Fact and fiction do mingle about and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I can remember when all this was being played out in the media many moons ago. Not sure how many people in UK will be happy to see Charles and Camilla on the Throne. Do you think that is why the Queen is hanging on and will she bypass Charles and pass it to William? Thoughts?

F
Quick good evening. I met my new sister in law today. She is very nice. I think I am going to like her.

Glad to hear you like her.

Nice to get up and the garden lit with the Christmas lights. Not sure what the weather is yet. Have to walk over for milk later. Other than a stroll with Louie we have no plans today.

Sounds pretty.

The mr insists its the thrill of the hunt for me

LOL.......I think that is a good analogy.

Sounds delicious.

Thank you.

He loves it.

Thanksgiving dinner was enjoyed by all. My sister brought her pistachio salad and it was delicious.lots of good food. Sent home leftovers for everyone to enjoy.

Did pick up a couple of Black Friday gifts online Early Friday morning. Just a couple more gifts. I already have the bulk of Christmas shopped and wrapped already. I have my packages I’am shipping boxed and ready to ship. I think I will send them off tomorrow.

Hubby, son and grandson went and finished up the paperwork and insurance on grandsons truck yesterday and it was all polished up. He was over the moon with his gift.
F08484CF-9808-4A1E-8C0B-3F5DFD986E1D.jpeg

Have a few projects to complete in next few days before trip up north to see my dad. Need to get scootin.

Have a wonderful restful Sunday everyone.

Last edited:

@Robo56 the truck looks awesome - Kev would like to know what make - he would love one!

I’ve done quite a bit of background reading and The Crown is definitely a dramatisation of the events but quite a lot of the events (that we were unaware of) did take place in some format. Charles didn’t endear himself to the population with his behaviour to Diana but apparently he is currently taking on all the major roles as the Queen backs off. It appears unlikely it could pass straight to William.

My dad used to catch sea bass off the Devon coast when they had their place down there. It is a tasty fish.

We had a good walk along the lane to L’s school then over the fields to a tiny village and back along the road. Sad thing is developers are hoping to build on those fields - will totally change the tiny village and the outlook from L’s country school (where my two also went). So many alternative brown field sites available.

We are having roast beef and Yorkshire puddings for our Sunday roast. Quiet evening planned.

Ah, now cannot got that song out of my head. Yep, “You won’t get your Yorkshire Pudding if you don’t eat your meat.”

Sounds like a lovely meal, Julie.

And fish for Cam. Sad to say, but no fish will be cooked in my home. Not a fish eating fan.

Robo, good to hear from you. Hope you do continue to heal. Sending good thoughts and well wishes to you. Yeah, we have those pop up type medical places. Really depends on who is on the medical staff.

Oh and Schumi, mine is a Cuisinart air fryer, toaster oven. But that is because our toaster oven bit the dust awhile ago. I like it, as if not have a lot to go in the oven, it’s nice to have. But not coated meat, only have used in oven, not the fryer part. We do like the air fryer for chips and other breaded food, as the fryer crisps them nicely, and no greasy feel. And, I think, faster than in oven. Not sure it would be something you would use.

Ah, a grilled cheese and steak sandwich brunch. Little one will not eat a grilled cheese, but steak cooked in same pan, yep, that she will make a sandwich with. Soup in there too.

Was out with older one, as now has no excuse to say don’t have anything edible in my pantry. And, oh the glorious day it is. Bright blue sky. Jacket and very much needed shades.

Yeah, and just to start the week day routine, lots of rain, and chance of extreme thunderstorms on Monday. But, as any SW moving storm, it will be gone as the day sets. And 50’s seem to be the highs this week, with a 30 degree Tuesday, not too bad for the end of November into December. And happy only rain, as that ugly storm coming is also packing snow. McK, hope you see no white stuff tomorrow.

Ooh, two quiet kids. Time for another cup of tea, and see what I can get into. The hiding closet is getting full. So, may wrap some of them. Just about done with all, so I tend not to wrap until Christmas Eve, but may start early this year. Ooh, and little one made lemonade for herself. Will steal a lemon from her, for my tea. Woot!

Ah,
6BE82D67-660A-45FD-9483-91818969760C.jpeg :laughing:

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 540929

View attachment 540930

Apple pie looks delicious.

Would be happy to share leftovers. Grandson was so happy with his birthday gift.

Beautiful picture worthy Turkey. Looks delicious.

Thank you MAC. He is over the moon with his truck.

Mac you have made a wonderful home here for all of us. Thank you.

Sounds yummy. I always make stuffing outside of Turkey. I used to stuff Turkey many moons ago, but changed.

We are feeling better thank you. He was so happy with his gift.

Still have residual cough. Will go away with time. Toe is still pretty swollen. That will heal too. Like everything else it just takes time.

Thanks Schumi. He did love the gift. It was time for him to have his own wheels.

We did, thank you. Everyone enjoyed the food and there was lots left over to send home with everyone.

Sounds yummy.

Sorry to hear your plans had to be cancelled. There are so many organizations that are hurting this year do to Covid closures.

Bobbie68 so good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. Hope the teens Covid tests come back negative.

Sending good luck wishes for Brian’s job situation. Mummy dust on house selling and buying. Sounds like it’s going to be a busy Christmas season for you. Take care.

Did some online shopping. Just a couple things.

Thanks he loves his gift.

After talking to the after-hours clinic Nurse seems like all the local Doctors offices are basically telling their patients not to come to their offices and are not treating their patients when called. They dumping all their patients on the after-hours clinics.

I had my pedicure appointment Friday and the lady that does my pedicures told me her 2 year old grandson had 104 temp. Her daughter ( who is a Nurse) called the pediatric doctor and they would not see him or order meds and asked his mom to take him for a Covid test. SOUND FAMILIAR. She took him to after-hours clinic and the doctor there said he was very ill and started him on antibiotics and the baby was doing great the next day.

I’am livid about the lack of care by this local clinic. It is absolutely unacceptable. I will be calling the clinic tomorrow to voice my displeasure and concern over the lack of medical treatment by the staff. Our previous doctor is now the clinic VP. He is a wonderful doctor and I wonder if he knows what’s going on.

I know everyone is scared about Covid, but the clinic staff making poor medical decision choices and leaving people hanging without medical care is negligent.

He is the sweetest grandson. We are glad to give it to him.

I hope Em will have a good outcome for her and the children in her financial arrangement in May.

We had a few Hyundai Santa Fe’s in the family a number of years ago. Those SUV’s last for ever. They are well made vehicles with great warranties. Our son and daughter-in-law have a Elantra and they really like it.

Sounds like a nice tradition.

Sorry you have to take injections. Yes, rotating sites on the stomach are less painful as long as you keep your imaginary circle away from the naval in mind. They should have given you a picture diagram when teaching you on it. Sending lots of good wishes for you as you continue your journey to feeling better.

Glad to hear you all made it to Georgia safely. Enjoy your time with family.

Turn it up and enjoy. I always turn on my Nutcracker CD when decorating.

Yes, it’s one of Christmas injuries sustained in the pursuit of a beautiful tree. I’am sure your trees will be lovely.

We finished this season of The Crown already. It was almost painful to watch. They portrayed Prince Charles as a spoiled, heartless man who treated his wife (Diana) horribly. I can’t imagine this will endear him to many. Fact and fiction do mingle about and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I can remember when all this was being played out in the media many moons ago. Not sure how many people in UK will be happy to see Charles and Camilla on the Throne. Do you think that is why the Queen is hanging on and will she bypass Charles and pass it to William? Thoughts?

F

Glad to hear you like her.

Sounds pretty.

LOL.......I think that is a good analogy.

Sounds delicious.

Thank you.

He loves it.

Thanksgiving dinner was enjoyed by all. My sister brought her pistachio salad and it was delicious.lots of good food. Sent home leftovers for everyone to enjoy.

Did pick up a couple of Black Friday gifts online Early Friday morning. Just a couple more gifts. I already have the bulk of Christmas shopped and wrapped already. I have my packages I’am shipping boxed and ready to ship. I think I will send them off tomorrow.

Hubby, son and grandson went and finished up the paperwork and insurance on grandsons truck yesterday and it was all polished up. He was over the moon with his gift.
View attachment 540965

Have a few projects to complete in next few days before trip up north to see my dad. Need to get scootin.

Have a wonderful restful Sunday everyone.

Love the truck Robo.....that`ll be one proud boy for sure! Yes I think Santa Fe`s are popular over here too.

One of our ministers today weirdly announced to everyone to be reminded the Crown is a fictional piece of work.....crazy some don`t know the difference. I think they have portrayed Charles as too cold and too callous. Many have come forward to say they did actually have some fond times together. I wish they`d let it go now.

Glad Thanksgiving was good, and have a lovely visit with your dad.

Ah, now cannot got that song out of my head. Yep, “You won’t get your Yorkshire Pudding if you don’t eat your meat.”

Sounds like a lovely meal, Julie.

And fish for Cam. Sad to say, but no fish will be cooked in my home. Not a fish eating fan.

Robo, good to hear from you. Hope you do continue to heal. Sending good thoughts and well wishes to you. Yeah, we have those pop up type medical places. Really depends on who is on the medical staff.

Oh and Schumi, mine is a Cuisinart air fryer, toaster oven. But that is because our toaster oven bit the dust awhile ago. I like it, as if not have a lot to go in the oven, it’s nice to have. But not coated meat, only have used in oven, not the fryer part. We do like the air fryer for chips and other breaded food, as the fryer crisps them nicely, and no greasy feel. And, I think, faster than in oven. Not sure it would be something you would use.

Ah, a grilled cheese and steak sandwich brunch. Little one will not eat a grilled cheese, but steak cooked in same pan, yep, that she will make a sandwich with. Soup in there too.

Was out with older one, as now has no excuse to say don’t have anything edible in my pantry. And, oh the glorious day it is. Bright blue sky. Jacket and very much needed shades.

Yeah, and just to start the week day routine, lots of rain, and chance of extreme thunderstorms on Monday. But, as any SW moving storm, it will be gone as the day sets. And 50’s seem to be the highs this week, with a 30 degree Tuesday, not too bad for the end of November into December. And happy only rain, as that ugly storm coming is also packing snow. McK, hope you see no white stuff tomorrow.

Ooh, two quiet kids. Time for another cup of tea, and see what I can get into. The hiding closet is getting full. So, may wrap some of them. Just about done with all, so I tend not to wrap until Christmas Eve, but may start early this year. Ooh, and little one made lemonade for herself. Will steal a lemon from her, for my tea. Woot!

Ah,
View attachment 540993 :laughing:

Yes, I`m not sure I`d use it.

Janet does make them sound appealing......might try the Ninja Foodie for a change....

Dinner was delicious. Made a lovely white wine sauce to go with the chicken tonight, all made fresh from stock. Plates were almost licked clean. And will make chicken noodle soup for lunch tomorrow, will get some bread from the bakery in the village in the morning.

Quiet night tonight. I managed to wrap several presents today and even remembered to buy gift tags this year, kept forgetting to buy them last year.

My friends granddaughter loves minions, so found some minion christmas wrapping paper for her gifts, she`s the kind of child that unwraps everything so carefully.

Time for a nice cup of tea.......

Yeah, I used to have a 22 pound gray tabby. He was a very sweet boy. After Thanksgiving, yeah may feel like that cat! LoL

the truck looks awesome - Kev would like to know what make - he would love one!

It's a Dodge Ram1500 Laramie. It has a very nice interior cab space with seating for 5. We had a locking hard shell Tonneau cover put on the bed of the truck.

One of our ministers today weirdly announced to everyone to be reminded the Crown is a fictional piece of work.....crazy some don`t know the difference. I think they have portrayed Charles as too cold and too callous. Many have come forward to say they did actually have some fond times together. I wish they`d let it go now.

Movie series like these continue to play on the drama. It is sad.

Well...... someone forgot to put the porch light on and I stubbed my toe again.

Had some issues with my phone and believe I need to update my OS.

Kept getting bounced out on the Dis

But now I can connect here, everyone is asleep..

Morning crew will probably check in about a few more hours.
I might stay up for that if bacon will be served.

Who has their Christmas tree up and who has their shopping done now?

At my house it’s just the two of us and we took a vote not to have another turkey for thr 25th, but the prime rib
Won.

You all come on over to our place on Christmas if you rather have red meat (Prime Rib) and wine instead of turkey for this year
I’ll put the cats in the bedroom in case anybody has fur allergies
Only catch is the football games will be on...Do many of you have relatives/family for your holiday dinners

we do have three bathrooms for those that can’t handle beer

How many plates do I set ?

Charade....pictures are really good!

Well...the rain woke me up this morning. It is heavy, and I think to be on all morning, and of course we have been asked to do some delivering this morning, so won`t be fun in this weather. But should only take a couple of hours.

Weather woman says it`s going to get colder as the week goes on, it has felt overall fairly warm for the time of year last week or so.

And last day of November........October and November have just flown past.

Far too early for breakfast, so cup of early grey is on the cards right now......no idea what`s for breakfast, don`t think we brought out any bacon, so maybe pancakes or toast with preserves. Will see.......

cv14-M.png

cv136-M.jpg

cv95-S.jpg

Happy Monday.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter