Something About Nothing............ #14

Bobbie....good to see you. And big congratulations to Brian getting the job, you`ll be moving before you know it.

And good luck with the results......hope all is well with your family......keep us updated on the move......

mac....no sales for me. I hate sales and actively avoid them.....if a store has a sale on, I won`t go.....usually too busy.

Turkey coma`s are good!!! lol.....

Yes, I`m actively avoiding going out unless we have to. I`m amazed so many are ignoring the lockdown here.....but we do have a high mask compliance which is something. I`m sad at no large get together this year, but we all agree, it`s not goig to happen.

Enjoy your extra turkey today........

Charade.....hope you feel better and safe travels today, have a lovely trip.

Heading off out to do a socially distanced pick up of an order we made from a butcher we found recently......will stock up on sausagemeat for Christmas to make stuffing and sausage rolls. And maybe a few other things too....

Then get some rooms ready for the trees going up this weekend.

Tonight dinner is beef short ribs, soaked them overnight and they`re in the slow cooker now. Mashed potatoes for sure to go with them.

Sun is shining and it`s not as cold as forecast, which is always good.

cv13-M.gif

cv97-M.jpg

cv94-M.jpg

cv93-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday​

42DCD5D6-9766-460D-947F-07EF566EB279.jpeg

Ah yes, a quiet house. Always nice. Tea. Yes, and it tastes great, as house feels cool.

In prior years, we would be out somewhere now. This year, no need to get up early. Many of what I needed has already been bought, and orders still to come from online orders. And two drive by pick ups, also online orders. So no need to pick them up early today. But I will be out some time today. Seems older one is annoyed as he thinks we have an empty kitchen pantry. Well, maybe it needs some filling. But we do have quite the leftovers. Nothing wrong with a piece of cheesecake for breakfast. NY style, and it was so delicious, so only half of the small cake left. And even with a 3 and 1/2 pound boneless breast, we still have turkey left over.

Yep, Mac, even with the 4 of us, more traditional food too. Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, and lots of dressing. Gravy and rolls. Between a good amount of serving of that and the turkey, we all enjoyed a piece of the cheesecake and a slice of that tall, but small, chocolate mousse cake. It was coated in a chocolate ganache. Oh my. That, has a bit more than half left.

Julie, I am sorry the tickets are no more. I love the holiday lights, so understand how sad that must be. While the little zoo has their lights this year, have not heard or seen announcements of the big zoo having it too. We enjoyed both last year. This year, many drive through offers. We have yet to have bought any of those tickets. Not sure driving around looking is what I want to pay for. Luckily, easy to do for free in the neighborhoods. Some of those in the neighborhoods have quiet the display.

Ah yes, a Friday. And happy no need to move fast. 4 day weekend. Yep. And appreciated.

A very Fabulous Friday to you all.

344041DB-1E60-40C1-826B-D3BDDC60CB17.jpeg

My eldest DS’s dog is a happy dog, very obedient & chill for his breed. However, his face tells a whole other story here lol

127FF889-3E5F-407E-9943-1D7B682BEE4B.jpeg
They kept their plans & went to MCO for the weekend. Said SW was absolutely dead yeasterday
[QUOTE

="Lynne G, post: 62490698, member: 233554"]
Ah come on, while in the same state as Keisha, Boo Bird fan here. Though both my kids have steel city players’ jerseys, as well as our local team ones.
[/QUOTE]
You raised a couple of smart kids :)
Her mother was shocked as she has always been a sensible girl, but hopefully this is a one and done with her.
It’s the age in which we live.
NP refused to call in antibiotics until I had another Covid test. By the time Covid test results came up which was negative I was running a fever. I went to after hours clinic and saw Doctor and received my needed meds.
Seriously, so many places do seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Whether her judgement call or the practice’s protocols, you have to wonder why not start the meds & do the test. What happened to common sense?
When hubby got sick he had a regular scheduled appt with NP and I went with him. Needless to say he received his needed meds. The NP ordered his meds while we were at his appointment.
Same NP? Thankfully, he had you as his advocate.
Grandsons 17th birthday is today and we have decided to give him a pick up truck for his Birthday and Christmas. He will be over the moon.
Holy smokes, that’s amazingly generous! You are setting the bar high for the rest of us grandparents lol. He’s a really lucky boy.
Turkey #1 done, turkey #2 in the oven.
Bee-u-tiful
So good if you and Sis to spend time with your dad this week.
So hard for a parent when it’s the first holiday since they lost their spouse
He will love the company when you two go next week.
So true
and survives the Black Friday shopping.
It’s a real meh event this year, haven’t seen a single thing that sparks my fancy
Next year I am going to do my bird your way!
Each time i make a turkey I marvel at the instructions that say you can make it in a crockpot. The idea of a pale, sickly looking turkey breasts is not appetizing to me
Thank you, yes, we love the Mercedes brand, can`t go wrong with the quality, safety and performance. Although we have veered slightly with getting the Porsche.....but for Kyle, he`s over the moon again with this on
Famous brands indeed. Don’t laugh but, i keep noticing the same brand of SUV when out & about driving on the road...it’s a hundayi of all things. Other than what i’m Told is a stellar warranty, know nothing of the brand. Current vehicle is first ‘foreign’ car I’ve ever owned. No issues to complain of, other than a ton of recalls. The mr’s Chevy has had only one over several years.
And I think we`re all fortunate to have you as our moderator....looking out for all of us, and we are grateful for the time and effort you put into the boards.......:hug:
Indeed, herding cats isn’t for the faint of heart :thanks:

email from Chatsworth House cannot open as the whole county in Tier 3 - all the efforts of decorating it over weeks and the cost to them immense.
Aw, disappointing
The teens weren't feeling good this week so both went for Covid tests and waiting for results. They can't go back to work till they have the negative test in hand and I think Target is a little salty with them not being able to come in on the busiest holdiay for them. Oh well they will have to deal!
So sad, too bad for target. Hope the kiddos are fine
Brian got a job offer yesterday so we are waiting for the committment letter on Friday, it is a 100 percent remote so he can live anywhere in the U.S. Once the letter comes we start proceeding with everything. It is going to be crazy trying to sell the house buy and move between now and January but will try.

Fingers crossed! Still thinking of Orlando area?

have not ventured out of my house much at all as areas around me do not require a mask to be worn
County that is 15 minutes away from me and also where my doctors are do not ha r any rules of wearing masks
therein lies the crux of the problem. Hope you are wearing both your mask & face shield when out & about.
Do many of you plan to shop the sales that begin later this morning?
I plan on continuing to beat the bushes today. Not sure if any games are on the tube.

Baltimore up to 12 players infected now, sunday’s Game has been cancelled yet again
Ugh. Up at 1:30 this morning with a bit of an upset stomach
Yikes, not the way to start off a trip. Maybe just anxious, i get butterflies before every trip
asked B again yesterday for some ideas and she said that she didn’t know what she wanted, so I said, “Okay, Socks and underware it is.”
if my brood doesn’t get both as part of BD & Xmas, they are disappointed lol
We have yet to have bought any of those tickets. Not sure driving around looking is what I want to pay for. Luckily, easy to do for free in the neighborhoods. Some of those in the neighborhoods have quiet the display.
Our zoo drive thru one sold out in a few hours. The way it’s laid out, with animals so far in distance, didn’t appeal to me.

We put some of our decorations up mid month when it was near 70 degrees. Only lit them that first night to check placement for a bit. When I went out after a bit to turn them off, was startled by a couple of women with jogging strollers “in” my yard. Well, actually on top of a large mulch bed there, disturbing it enough I had to re-rake it the next day. Originally, didn’t even notice them as behind a large bush. not to be a grinch but, how about enjoying them on the public sidewalk that runs in front of my home

Definitely not a sales shopper here. In fact not a shopper at all apart from good food - oh and flowers - would love weekly flowers!

Had ordered flowers today for my SIL from a local florist in the next village - beautiful arrangement he’s very clever. On the way to drop them for her birthday we took the wicker robin basket with cyclamen to the churchyard. We had a short walk there with Louie. It’s a tiny village but very pretty and nice bright day.

Some positive news this morning as we finally have a replacement date for court for financial remedy for Em. Not until next May but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Lot of preparation and meetings prior to that but nothing until the New Year.

Take out tonight as just the three of us. So Chinese will be delivered to the door. Happy Friday!

Lynne....I need a cup of tea myself....somehow only managed to have one cup this morning, and just been so busy, haven`t got around to another.....enjoy your long weekend off.......

Janet.....how rude of those women!!! I`d have been out with the get off my lawn speech........lol......goodness, some people just don`t think! Your decorations are always nice though.....

Cute puppy and tree too!!! Does your doggy get along with eldest dog ok? Glad they had a nice visit away. I looked at a few online sales......nah, nothing. Fancied one of those Ninja foodie Grills.....which apparently I don`t really need anyway.....but the one place I looked, it was the same price in the sale as it was last week. We`ll see.

No, those would not be appetising at all :rotfl:.....slow cookers are not for turkeys!!!

Never driven a Hyundai.....I know a few that have an Elantra and love it. Over here, yes, there are a few of them around, SUV`s too. Our Porsche is going in next week for an oil change and we get a courtesy car........they asked if we had a preference for a courtesy car....Tom said on the phone no doesn`t matter.....I`m hopping around in the background shouting something small and very fast :laughing: just a change from the SUV for a day........

realfood.....you`d love my husband. Since we met, over 30 years ago, he has got me fresh flowers every Friday without fail....if we`re in the country of course.....I always appreciate the thought and love flowers, so he gets lots of brownie points for that. Good news on the meeting. yes, hopefully some light at the end of that tunnel.

Just after 4pm and it`s already dark here. Just one of those days today where time seemed to disappear. Kyle drove us up to the butcher, which really is in the middle of the county on a road on it`s own with nothing for miles. But, we got some lovely produce and Tom got some of their homemade honey which he loves.

Then went for a walk along the beach this afternoon with my friend who got Poppy the puppy not so long ago. Think she`s getting Poppy`s brother....the person who took one of the other dogs can`t keep him, so my friend being my friend......said they`d have him if they can`t find someone to take him.....I think they find out next week if they are getting him. But, it was a nice socially distanced walk along an almost completely empty beach. Cold though.

Looking forward to short ribs that have been cooking all day in the slow cooker.....nice glass of wine tonight and christmas trees up tomorrow......that involves all of us joining in, wine flowing, sweet mince pies and lots of Christmas music......jingle bells indeed!!

Hi everyone,

I just did my first injection and it went well! It burns, but it's over quick. I did it in my stomach because I saw that it hurts less than the thighs. I'll try thighs another time to see for myself.

Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing. I missed having a crowd, but it was good not having so much to do to feed 14+! We'll see what Christmas brings.

I'll check back later.....

And so, another Friday has almost passed by. Nothing like a repeat meal, but that’s okay. Don’t mind enjoying it again for dinner tonight.

Did go to the mall around dinner time. Was not crowded, and what we bought, no line to checkout. Got exactly what we went for. The one very large mall has more than a couple of stores no closer mall has. Figured better to do that furtherest mall tonight, and any other things we need, at the closer malls that generally have the same stores.

And yes, tea with me tonight. Seems perfect. And moon more full tonight. So bright in the night’s sky.

Hope all the homies have a peaceful night.

Good evening. We made it safely to Georgia. We got a late start and it was a long drive. I’m ready for some sleep.
One small scare for the evening. I got a text from our cat sitter saying she couldn’t find the key to our house. I had to give her the passcode for our garage and tell her where to find the hidden spare. A friend also has a key to my house, so she was going to be the backup plan.

Good night everyone.

Glad you arrived safely!

and your cat was fed tonight...

All will go smooth for you now and hope you have fun on this trip!

Happy Saturday morning all. Our Chinese take out was really good last night. The only one we will use. Too much food but so tasty.

Frosty and clear skies when we went to bed but overcast and all melted this morning. I have to collect an order from M&S this morning. Just from an out of town small store.

Kev has plans to do the Christmas outside lights later so I will do some inside tasks. Em is meeting a friend to go walking but back to eat.

Will be Christmas music on loudly this afternoon as I’ll have empty house!

Hi everyone,

I just did my first injection and it went well! It burns, but it's over quick. I did it in my stomach because I saw that it hurts less than the thighs. I'll try thighs another time to see for myself.

Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing. I missed having a crowd, but it was good not having so much to do to feed 14+! We'll see what Christmas brings.

I'll check back later.....

Glad you had a nice day on Thursday, definitely different this year. Good luck with trying the thigh......can`t be easy to do that!

I’m guessing I was not the only one that had a repeat turkey dinner this evening.

Usually we would but, we gave half away. But, Christmas we freeze as much as we can for repeat dishes in January and February......yep, huge turkey fans here......

Good evening. We made it safely to Georgia. We got a late start and it was a long drive. I’m ready for some sleep.
One small scare for the evening. I got a text from our cat sitter saying she couldn’t find the key to our house. I had to give her the passcode for our garage and tell her where to find the hidden spare. A friend also has a key to my house, so she was going to be the backup plan.

Good night everyone.

There`s always something.....but, glad it was sorted quickly. Hope you slept well.

One of our friends organised a little mini quiz last night on zoom, but she only had three couples, so it wasn`t as much fun as it usually was when there`s more of us. But, passed an evening. I think I need to organise one with more of us again, they were so much fun.

Woke up to a beautiful almost Christmassy scene this morning.....everything was white and crisp after going below freezing during the night. So pretty.

Just finished a breakfast that really was more of a brunch, so I doubt we`ll need lunch. Dinner tonight is a large pack of smoked salmon we had delivered from a place in Scotland we always get our salmon from.......looking forward to that with some shrimp.

As I said yesterday, today is Christmas trees and decorations going up......will manage three of them today I think. So an afternoon of merriment ahead......

No need to go out at all today or tomorrow, I`m glad of that, less we need to go out the better. Got our new book for the book club delivered this morning. After I had chosen The Canterbury Tales, they decided on something lighter, but I think it`s going to be an emotional read. After the End by Clare Mackintosh is going to be a good one. I think next up is The Miniaturist, one I`ve meant to read but never got around to it.

cv63-S.gif

cv93-S.jpg

cv96-X2.jpg

Have a fabulous Saturday​

C3F472FB-C845-46D0-87E4-B117D7CF77AE.jpeg

While Julie had an empty house, I have a quiet one.

McK, hope the shots are not as painful next time. And, hope they help. Hope the teens are feeling better, with a negative test.

Schumi, morning view sounded perfect. But snow this early for us, um, no. Thankfully, a nice weather weekend for us.

Charade, good to hear you made it safely. Yeah, always some hiccup when pet sitting while away. Glad it worked out, and cat will be cared for. Enjoy your trip.

And routine I am. Tea, remote, and enjoying that quiet house. See, with night owl kids, I do say good night around 1:30 this morning. Will say good morning to them around 11 or so. Yep, solo breakfast, but that’s okay. I like a quiet house in the mornings. And by the time the kids get up, I’ll be ready for brunch too. How nice is that?

And no turkey or sides left now. Have to say, while we will eat turkey, not on our meal plans, except for the holidays. And won’t buy more turkey, until closer to Christmas. As we oddly, also have turkey for Christmas too.

Motive today, relaxing.

Hope all have that super happy Saturday.

Oh not snow Lynne......not for us this early.......no, it was just a hard frost everywhere. But, so beautiful as everything was pure white. It’s gone now and just a little dull, but cold. Perfect day for doing Christmassy things.

Having a break from the trees to have a cuppa. My hands are all scratched with separating the branches. Tom has got all the lights on them, now to do all the other stuff on them.

Sweet mince pie with tea for now.........

It’s as quiet here as my house is today.

Mr Mac went for a bike ride and two cats are still asleep.

Taking a break from reorganizing my closet.

I weed out clothes twice a year for a donation center.
Figure if I have not worn the article of clothing, there is someone out there that will.

Figure I won’t be wearing my wedding dress again so it is included in my donation box.
( no idea why I have kept it all these years... doesn’t fit anymore)

Good weather yesterday and today in my area.
Bottom will fall out later in the week due to the rain expected.
Hope charade has fun in Atlanta today with gorgeous weather.
It will turn cold there soon and not fun to be sightseeing outside then.

Not surprised our grass and weeds are growing as it has been a very warm fall for us
Having the last of the yard services done today and won’t be until February before mowing season starts up again.

Is everyone turkey‘d out now?
We are good for two meals of the turkey feast
So tonight the cats will get the end of the turkey scraps.

We only do turkey once a year which does make us look forward to it.

Check in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

Hope all are doing good!

Doh! Tried to log in with my old password there! I change them every so often and completely forgot.

Yep, rain here today mac.......started off frosty, but soon changed and has been heavy for hours. Glad I have nowhere to go.

Turkey is ever popular here, but yes, two nights at one time is enough for us too. We do freeze a lot for use another time after Christmas. I think we have three turkeys this year, one I will cook Christmas Day, the others will be cooked and frozen in stock for early next year. I’m sure the cats will enjoy the leftovers........

I still have my wedding dress and veil too......I’m sure one day it’ll go, but, I have it for now. I still think it’s so beautiful.

Lazy night ahead for us.......after putting up the trees we‘re ready to just relax on the sofas.

We are back to watching The Crown tonight - on to season 2. Every now and then I google someone or something to find the true facts. Certainly some things we were unaware of including the Kennedy episode.

Christmas lights are up and look good - particularly some old style festoon lights Kev has fixed over the wooden frame of the swingset. J likes to swing at all times of the day and he will now have the lights around him.
We enjoyed goats cheese & caramelised onion tarts tonight with vegetables but looking forward to roast beef tomorrow. Still contemplating when to cook our turkey at Christmas but always do a large ham a few days before.

Decided to put new Christmas bedding on our bed today - also Em did the children’s so ready for their return on Monday.

Surprised how quiet the store was when I went for my collection this morning. So quiet I nipped into the store next door for gift bags and wrapping.

Lovely photos @Charade67. Miss our zoo visits though we have our lantern walk there hopefully next Friday night mostly the real animals are inside and it is animatronic we will see.

Mrs no sleep here but not complaining - pretty much the norm these fast few years. Nice to get up and the garden lit with the Christmas lights. Not sure what the weather is yet. Have to walk over for milk later. Other than a stroll with Louie we have no plans today. I will attend Zoom church - first Sunday of Advent and hoping we can attend in person next Sunday.

So peaceful Sunday all - hope health issues are resolving and all that Thanksgiving food eaten up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter