Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah come on, while in the same state as Keisha, Boo Bird fan here. Though both my kids have steel city players’ jerseys, as well as our local team ones. Heck, older one has more than two team’s football jerseys. Yeah, not only was local City parade cancelled, and not much open. And yep, no football to watch either. In other words, lots of reruns of past stuff. Maybe a movie will be on the screen tonight, instead.

And so, like Cam, a rainy day for us. But hoping we get a drier day too, Cam. Yum, the house will smell good when you return.

Aw, Louie gets a nice walk into town. Hope you are enjoying some coffee this afternoon, Julie.

Rainy day it has been. Awoke around 4, to a very loud rain, then around 5:30, another round of very loud rain. So after some wash, decided for more wet, so took a shower. At least there is some brighter light pouring through the window. Must not be rain yet, as can hear some birds. Worm hunting time.

A1938192-4523-450E-9E7B-A78CA039E1D8.jpeg

And so, while pie is traditional, a very chocolate looking small cake, and a very nice looking cheesecake, means all will have dessert tonight. And leftovers. Will go perfect with tea the next morning.

And remember, it’s a Thursday, so drink up.
C308D393-F36D-40E7-AE1F-2972BB6198C1.jpeg

Yep. A very Happy Thanksgiving to all the homies.,

Happy Thanksgiving!! Quick stop to say hello. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. My whirlwind day begins now. Cooking now then off to husband's family meal at noon, then back home to prepare for my family to come over. I will drive separately so I can leave early from DH's family dinner. I am putting my turkey in the roaster before we leave so that's my excuse to leave early, Lol!

It was pouring this morning but it is supposed to be cleared up by noon.

Off to make my pumpkin cheesecake cake now....and have a cup of coffee.

Sounds good cam......hope you have a wonderful day too......

The one day of the year I can eat pumpkin pie doused in reddi whip for breakfast and feel patriotic doing it lolView attachment 540384

View attachment 540385

Nice, they are only doing online touring of similar mansion/county park here this year.

saw yesterday they decided to have a limited, reservation drive in & park your vehicle laser/Xmas light something or other at a further away park.

Haven’t quite figured that out, but happy to find something & grab a spot before it rapidly sold out. People are starved for things to do, safely

Not hard to break that bar lol, but yes they did

Yum

on a positive note, that area would look lovely dusted with a light snow

Any excuse to celebrate & break the monotony is a good thing

Thank you. For many of us the holiday & football go hand in hand. My team (Pittsburgh) vs our arch rivals (Baltimore Ravens) was set for a big match up in late game today. Them dirty birdies :rolleyes1failed covid protocols yesterday & it’s cancelled.

Many of us take football (not to be confused with futbol/soccer) quite seriously here, from pee-wee up to the NFL.

Ala the SANS all are welcome to join the Steeler Nation! I dubbed Carole an official fan years ago :banana:(to her credit, she did her best to feign interest in the game that was playing on the tube in the bar:rotfl:)

Now......that is a breakfast!!!

lol.....yep, official UK Steelers fan here :cheer2:.......oh that was funny......I had no clue what each team was up to, but just hoped I cheered in all the right places.......I`m sure I looked a little more than confused.....funny I was just telling that story to worfiedoodles the other day when we were talking American Football.......now I have two teams to support....:thumbsup2 I can honestly say I have more interest in them than I have for British football.......can`t abide it.......

Have a wonderful day Keisha........

Lynne,.......no idea who boo boo birds are????

Still dull here, but got our deliveries done in record time today......enjoyed grilled sandwiches for lunch but we`re all looking forward to some turkey tonight.......

Feels very autumnal today, but colder. Getting on with a few little jobs around the house.

Did have a chat to one of my godchildren. She has been posting pictures of the inside of her house on public forums.....and the dreaded FB. She didn`t listen to her mum, so I had a chat and made her realise, you shouldn`t do that. Anyone can see what you have, and reminded her it`s not just friends who will be looking. She tried to bring up my trip reports, but I reminded her I never post anything of our home inside or out. Some things should remain personal and not sprawled all over the internet. I think she got it in the end as the pictures have been removed. Her mother was shocked as she has always been a sensible girl, but hopefully this is a one and done with her.

Cup of tea time I think and some coconut cake.....only made a small one......

Again, hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful Thanksgiving.......

Ah Schumi, it is the Philadelphia Eagles. Seems the City is so passionate about their football team, the fans have been known to boo when bad plays are made. Hence, many call them the Boo Birds, as they have not been very good lately. Yes, big difference between English football and American football.

Off to make some breakfast for the kids.

Good Thanksgiving morning Sans family :wave2:

Happy Thanksgiving.

7F849459-5F90-4F24-87D8-3F469AA51B17.gif

B12B1079-5569-4A17-A4B8-045CA56CBABD.gif

21AD934A-949F-4EBD-89B8-03C93CE58611.gif

C47201D4-992D-4766-8035-9C026C42F23E.gif

E0902EAE-B052-4147-A758-FD8F2910111D.gif

5E6E491C-2A7D-4486-879E-6519E378EE49.gif

Turkey is in the oven. It’s a 24 pound whopper. Biggest bird I have cooked. Sides ready for oven. Will have lots of leftovers to send home with family. Just small group of family here for dinner.

Have read through a few pages. Looks like everyone is busy.

Congratulations to your son on his new car DLP.

Monyk looks like you and family are enjoying some Orlando vacation time. Enjoy your Thanksgiving in the sun.

Mac I will be back home in the sunshine state right after New Years.

Schumi congratulations to your son on his new car. When you find a brand of vehicle you like you stay with it for sure.

I have had bronchitis and then I broke my little toe again. Then hubby got bronchitis. I called NP to get on antibiotics quickly as I have asthma and if not caught and treated quickly goes into pneumonia. NP refused to call in antibiotics until I had another Covid test. By the time Covid test results came up which was negative I was running a fever. I went to after hours clinic and saw Doctor and received my needed meds.

When hubby got sick he had a regular scheduled appt with NP and I went with him. Needless to say he received his needed meds. The NP ordered his meds while we were at his appointment.

Hubby is doing lots better and I have residual cough, but on the mend. Broke toe good this time. So putting on shoes is not fun, but this is not my first go around.

On a much lighter note. Pretty much all Christmas shopping is done and wrapped.

Grandsons 17th birthday is today and we have decided to give him a pick up truck for his Birthday and Christmas. He will be over the moon.

He is a very good student and we are proud of all his hard work. He is tall and very muscular so a car would not work for him like it did for granddaughter. We are going to tell him today. It will take a few days for son and daughter-in-law to get all the needed paperwork and licensing and insurance taken care of. Then we will have it prepped and give him the keys.

I still can’t believe how much he had grown. He towers over me. I remember when he was a 6 pound 8 ounce tiny baby.

BA5BFD69-EEFE-475C-9403-A433DBCFAA65.gif

07C2AAD9-B4C0-4E6E-A122-B6F0589AEE1A.gif

My younger sister and I are planning a trip up to see our dad for a few days end of next week. This will be his first Christmas without stepmom. So we know it will be hard for him. Will try and help him with needed things around his house.

Have a great Thanksgiving meal everyone.

I’am sending good Thanksgiving wishes and blessings to all your homes Mac, Schumi, Keisha, Lynne, Charade, Patty, Sue, Monykalyn, Realfoodfans, Mckennarose, DLP, Snowpak and all our Sans family.

Need to get scootin have a few things to do before everyone gets here.

Will be sticking my hand out for Robo’s leftovers. That is a huge turkey. And a big happy birthday to your grandson. Very nice gift, I am sure he will enjoy.

And will sail by Charade’s for a piece of pie. Looks delicious, Charade.

And so, almost ready to put my turkey breast in oven. Then sides too. Older one likes mashed sweet potatoes, but I made plain for little one, and me. Not fond of sweets or yams.

Let the food comas begin!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Will catch up on this glorious 4 day weekend, but want to let you all know how thankful I am for this group. Even when I just read and dont have a lot to add, you all make me laugh so much. Have a great day and make sure you eat as much as I am.

Turkey #1 done, turkey #2 in the oven.

Robbie, ouch for the broken toe! :grouphug:

(And the bronchitis!)
I have had them before and broken toes don’t sound like it can be a problem but once you experience it, it’s worse than any other parts of the body that has a broken bone.

Hobble a long as best as you can.
I know you have pain and great discomfort.

Amazed how you are able to make a full holiday dinner today!

Your grandson will be thrilled with the truck.
Hope he has a great birthday today!
:bday:

He will always remember his 17th bd !

So good if you and Sis to spend time with your dad this week.
So hard for a parent when it’s the first holiday since they lost their spouse
He will love the company when you two go next week.

Hope you and the family have a great time together today!

Snow I love your bird!
Hope mine turns out looking as good as yours.

I am thankful for all the homies!
I think of all of you a lot.

The ones that have not posted in a long time, either a week ago or a year ago, I still think of them.

I really do.

:wave2: making a quick stop in!!!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day! Even if it is not the exact way you have spent it in years past, I hope you can still enjoy the day with those you have around you.

I have been reading a bit to keep up with everyone. I just wanted to add....that we are a " dressing " family. I make it with bread and meat and stuff it into the turkey to soak up even more of the turkey deliciousness!!!!! And whatever doesn't fit inside the bird, gets baked in a pan on the side...and is basted with some of the drippings too ::yes:: which makes is so much more healthy :rotfl: I do whip up a mean turkey dinner that is pretty tasty.

I hope everyone stays safe and has a great holiday day...and survives the Black Friday shopping.

@Robo56 hope you and hubs are fully better soon. Happy Birthday to grandson!!! Wonderful to receive a vehicle and will be much appreciated I’m sure.
@snowpack that turkey looks so good. Followed by Charade’s apple pie and I’ll be happy!

Pumpkin
Next year I am going to do my bird your way!

Sounds like a great way to do the turkey!

Too bad I read this after I put my bird in the oven.

Ooh, Robo, sick bay home alert. Sending lots of well wishes you and DH are feeling better soon. Yeah, a broken toe no fun. Hope it heals quick.

Snow, what a delicious looking turkey. And you are on round 2. Eek.

Pumpkin, sounds delicious too.

Trying to get two college kids to help is like asking mules to get moving. Yeah, if you want to eat, stop that online game playing. I don’t care when the next time you get killed in that FPS game, you’ll stop. Sigh. That’s okay, mom gets to sample. You know, to see if it tastes good. 😊

Good Thanksgiving morning Sans family :wave2:

Happy Thanksgiving.

View attachment 540441

View attachment 540442

View attachment 540443

View attachment 540444

View attachment 540445

View attachment 540446

Turkey is in the oven. It’s a 24 pound whopper. Biggest bird I have cooked. Sides ready for oven. Will have lots of leftovers to send home with family. Just small group of family here for dinner.

Have read through a few pages. Looks like everyone is busy.

Congratulations to your son on his new car DLP.

Monyk looks like you and family are enjoying some Orlando vacation time. Enjoy your Thanksgiving in the sun.

Mac I will be back home in the sunshine state right after New Years.

Schumi congratulations to your son on his new car. When you find a brand of vehicle you like you stay with it for sure.

I have had bronchitis and then I broke my little toe again. Then hubby got bronchitis. I called NP to get on antibiotics quickly as I have asthma and if not caught and treated quickly goes into pneumonia. NP refused to call in antibiotics until I had another Covid test. By the time Covid test results came up which was negative I was running a fever. I went to after hours clinic and saw Doctor and received my needed meds.

When hubby got sick he had a regular scheduled appt with NP and I went with him. Needless to say he received his needed meds. The NP ordered his meds while we were at his appointment.

Hubby is doing lots better and I have residual cough, but on the mend. Broke toe good this time. So putting on shoes is not fun, but this is not my first go around.

On a much lighter note. Pretty much all Christmas shopping is done and wrapped.

Grandsons 17th birthday is today and we have decided to give him a pick up truck for his Birthday and Christmas. He will be over the moon.

He is a very good student and we are proud of all his hard work. He is tall and very muscular so a car would not work for him like it did for granddaughter. We are going to tell him today. It will take a few days for son and daughter-in-law to get all the needed paperwork and licensing and insurance taken care of. Then we will have it prepped and give him the keys.

I still can’t believe how much he had grown. He towers over me. I remember when he was a 6 pound 8 ounce tiny baby.

View attachment 540453

View attachment 540454

My younger sister and I are planning a trip up to see our dad for a few days end of next week. This will be his first Christmas without stepmom. So we know it will be hard for him. Will try and help him with needed things around his house.

Have a great Thanksgiving meal everyone.

I’am sending good Thanksgiving wishes and blessings to all your homes Mac, Schumi, Keisha, Lynne, Charade, Patty, Sue, Monykalyn, Realfoodfans, Mckennarose, DLP, Snowpak and all our Sans family.

Need to get scootin have a few things to do before everyone gets here.

Happy Birthday to your grandson Robbie......that is a super gift you have got him, and he`ll love it I`m sure!

It`ll be lovely to see your dad I`m sure and yes, his first Christmas without his wife will be so hard.......

Glad you`re both doing better too....sounds a testing time, and glad the toe is improving too......

Thank you, yes, we love the Mercedes brand, can`t go wrong with the quality, safety and performance. Although we have veered slightly with getting the Porsche.....but for Kyle, he`s over the moon again with this one.

Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your family time.......

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Will catch up on this glorious 4 day weekend, but want to let you all know how thankful I am for this group. Even when I just read and dont have a lot to add, you all make me laugh so much. Have a great day and make sure you eat as much as I am.

View attachment 540461

Beautiful looking turkey snowpack!! The family will enjoy tucking into them for sure.......

Snow I love your bird!
Hope mine turns out looking as good as yours.

I am thankful for all the homies!
I think of all of you if you.

The ones that have not posted in a long time, either a week ago or a year ago, I still think of them.

I really do.

I`ve been thinking of a few of the older posters today.......folks like St Lawrence, Mad Hattered and so many more who I know we miss a lot on here.

And I think we`re all fortunate to have you as our moderator....looking out for all of us, and we are grateful for the time and effort you put into the boards.......:hug:

I`m sure your turkey will be just lovely too!

:wave2: making a quick stop in!!!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day! Even if it is not the exact way you have spent it in years past, I hope you can still enjoy the day with those you have around you.

I have been reading a bit to keep up with everyone. I just wanted to add....that we are a " dressing " family. I make it with bread and meat and stuff it into the turkey to soak up even more of the turkey deliciousness!!!!! And whatever doesn't fit inside the bird, gets baked in a pan on the side...and is basted with some of the drippings too ::yes:: which makes is so much more healthy :rotfl: I do whip up a mean turkey dinner that is pretty tasty.

I hope everyone stays safe and has a great holiday day...and survives the Black Friday shopping.

Of course that`s healthy......lol.....sounds so lovely......you have a lovely day too Pumpkin........

Good to see you pop in......

Dinner is over, apple pie is in the Aga and we`ll have a bit soon. Will make some custard up and that`ll be dessert.

Turkey was lovely, although much smaller than we`ll have for Christmas. We ate what we wanted and Tom has popped over to the farm next to us with the other half as I know they enjoy turkey.....we`ll have plenty for Christmas.

Chill is here.......it`s feeling very cold now and will be well wrapped up whenever we go out now.

Hope you are all enjoying some wonderful food and drinks.......

Hi everyone:yay: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and abroad. It is rainy here and cool but that is okay since we will be staying home today. Just the 4 of us, I am making most of the traditional stuff just adding a broccoli cheese casserole, homa made cranberry sauce and a pistachio lush cake. The teens weren't feeling good this week so both went for Covid tests and waiting for results. They can't go back to work till they have the negative test in hand and I think Target is a little salty with them not being able to come in on the busiest holdiay for them. Oh well they will have to deal!

It has been busy with a lot going on and I have had no time to myself to do much. I have been thinking of everyone and made it appoint to come on and say "hi". Brian got a job offer yesterday so we are waiting for the committment letter on Friday, it is a 100 percent remote so he can live anywhere in the U.S. Once the letter comes we start proceeding with everything. It is going to be crazy trying to sell the house buy and move between now and January but will try.

I was only able to read today's posts and got some information on the family from others posts!

Robo I am sorry that you and hubby have had bronchitis, I use to get it alot years ago and it can knock you down. The toes can be hard to break and try walking, I have never broken one but Brian has broken all his toes at one time or another the last 25 years. Your trips sound lovely and so does you dinner today. I hope you feel much better and have a great time with your family. Happy Birthday to your grandson:cake:

Keishashadow Thanks for having Boromir wish a Happy Thaksgiving, one of my favorite movie franchise and love the character. Charlie is a football fan, beofre him we didn't have it on in the house, but he is a Raven's fan and was looking forward to the game today, I love how you described his team with the covid:teeth:. I am neutral so I hope your team wins on Sunday!

Charade Glad you got a good deal on DH's gift, always nice! I am not sure when you are going to Atlanta but it sounds like you have some nice things planned, I hope you have a great trip! I hope B gives you some ideas soon.

Lynne Your deserts sound great! We are doing a pumpkin pie and then a pistachio lush cake. Lol! I know what you mean Charlie was suppose to get up at 9 and help cook he strolled down about 10:30. Sampling is always welcome and sometimes I can fill up on jus that.

Schumigirl congrats to Kyle on his car, it sounds amazing! Glad that your goddaughter listened to your advice and took it down. I remeber I had a friend who would post when they were on vacation and all kinds of pics, I don't know how they didn't get robbed. Glad you got to have some Turkey today and I love sharing it with others too.

Pumpkin Your dressing does sound awesome!! My family always stuffed with a meat stuffing but I never really liked it. I don't even worry about how healthy I am cooking on holidays, good reason to cheat!! Enjoy your meal.

Snowpack glad that you joined us and enjoy yourself it's always nice to have more family, your turkey looks amazing! Enjoy it!

Cam It looks like you will have busy day! Enjoy your multiple meals and your pumpkin cheesecake sounds delicious! I have a few times taken my own car and have had to leave early, sometimes you just have too!!

Real I hope you had a nice walk with Louie. As I was typing this I saw your post come in and sorry about the Chatsworth house and not opening, the way things are today we all look for that little bit of fun and enjoyment and it matters how we feel disappointed a lot when we can't do it. I hope you can find something to brighten your day!

Mac I hope you and your husband enjoyed the turkey. Not sure if your kitties try to join you for Turkey hope they didn't steal to much, mine try! You do a wonderful job on this thread and the boards. Thank you for making everyone feel welcome and at home. I hope you are having nice weather!

I am off to help in the kitchen we are eating about 4. I just want to say a special hello to all the Sans Family- Mrose, Monykallyn,Dix,Kstar, and all the others SANS family I might have missed!

Yay for Brian, McK. And a happy thanksgiving to you too. Sun has come out, and a warm day. Lots of rain early morning. Dessert sounds great, and for the first time, I made cranberry sauce. In frig, so will see how it tastes. When it was hot, tasted quite good.

It’s after 1:00 am Friday now

Feel like I am in a turkey coma.....
And still have more turkey to eat today.

I’m playing ketchup on the sans posting as my day was busy
Always glad to see many peeps here when we have a holiday.

I own many a phone call or email and will get to it if I don’t fall asleep soon

Don’t worry, I won’t call you at 2 am in a bit but will sent out an email to you soon.

Do many of you plan to shop the sales that begin later this morning?

I have not ventured out of my house much at all as areas around me do not require a mask to be worn
County that is 15 minutes away from me and also where my doctors are do not ha r any rules of wearing masks

I’m a caustious person and I stay away from all places and venues that do not require masks

therfore,i stay at home more than others do

Ugh. Up at 1:30 this morning with a bit of an upset stomach. Guess I ate a little too much yesterday. I thought our friends would scale back on the food since there was only 5 of us. Nope. We had a full out traditional Thanksgiving dinner. They will have leftovers for days.

Happy birthday to him. What a great gift.

And will sail by Charade’s for a piece of pie. Looks delicious, Charade.
Thank you. It was.

Looks great.

Ugh disappointed - email from Chatsworth House cannot open as the whole county in Tier 3 - all the efforts of decorating it over weeks and the cost to them immense. The Peak District area really low numbers but the city areas sadly high. Hey ho no point pondering on it.
Aww. So sorry. I know you were looking forward to that.

The teens weren't feeling good this week so both went for Covid tests and waiting for results.
Prayers for negative results.

Brian got a job offer yesterday so we are waiting for the committment letter on Friday,
Congratulations to him.

Charade Glad you got a good deal on DH's gift, always nice! I am not sure when you are going to Atlanta but it sounds like you have some nice things planned, I hope you have a great trip! I hope B gives you some ideas soon.
Thanks. We leave later today. I asked B again yesterday for some ideas and she said that she didn’t know what she wanted, so I said, “Okay, Socks and underware it is.”
I actually do have socks on my list. I feel so old.

I guess Inshoild try to get back to sleep. We have a long drive ahead of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter