Something About Nothing............ #14

Well...... someone forgot to put the porch light on and I stubbed my toe again.

Had some issues with my phone and believe I need to update my OS.

Kept getting bounced out on the Dis

But now I can connect here, everyone is asleep..

Morning crew will probably check in about a few more hours.
I might stay up for that if bacon will be served.

Who has their Christmas tree up and who has their shopping done now?

At my house it’s just the two of us and we took a vote not to have another turkey for thr 25th, but the prime rib
Won.

You all come on over to our place on Christmas if you rather have red meat (Prime Rib) and wine instead of turkey for this year
I’ll put the cats in the bedroom in case anybody has fur allergies
Only catch is the football games will be on...Do many of you have relatives/family for your holiday dinners

we do have three bathrooms for those that can’t handle beer

How many plates do I set ?

A very smug hands up here for (most) of my Christmas shopping done and all the trees and decorations are up and it feels very festive!!!! Just got my usual last minute and impulsive purchases to make as we go along.......

We are turkey all the way for Christmas here.......a ham and some smoked salmon in there too.......but we do love a Prime Rib for a lovely Sunday dinner......so, thinking about it......with the time difference......we could make it to you and have both!!!!

Sounds like a plan........:thumbsup2

And we could stay a few days as we have no big boxing Day bash this year......party time mac........:cheer2:

And I found bacon..........breakfast in a couple of hours.........🥓🥓🥓

Should have checked in before Mac slept! Last quiet morning so I did the morning walk with Louie then sometime on my jigsaw as I haven’t touched it for days.
Em has already left on errands and then an interview. Her temporary job at the school where she trained finishes at Christmas. No new jobs coming up locally so she is hoping to volunteer for more experience.
Kev has decided to decorate the main bathroom and downstairs cloakroom before Christmas! We had thought to spend no more money on this house until we know what is happening - but May is 6 more months away so he’s carrying on. So he’s off to get bathroom paint this morning.
Dry but overcast here for now.
I have my optician appointment at 11.30 - first time in our small town for a month so that will be strange. Will also do some banking.

Happy Monday all.

Hi group. I read here and steal memes and cartoons but since I have had to cancel so much, DH had surgery and is now working an average of two days a week, I kind of don’t post. I can’t see the kids and grandkids and we are trying to compromise Christmas. I am pretty sure DH and I have had the virus. Not as bad as when we had H1N1 in 2009 but the symptoms lasted longer. Fortunately, neither of us had any work to do. Also an unfortunate thing financially speaking but we always are prepared for economic hardship.

Congratulations on your shopping prowess @schumigirl. I haven’t started and am getting no cooperation from the 4 kids and 6 grands.

EA5BAFE9-09C9-4759-AA39-673F8C7AE411.jpeg

Agavegirl, so good to see you post. Sending some good thoughts your way, and so sorry to hear life has been hard. Hoping DH is recovering well, and full time jobs can be found. Hugs.

Hope Julie is enjoying some coffee or tea. Nice the house is getting some new paint. And my current puzzle is still in progress. Had not touched it for days, too.

Schumi, would joining you for breakfast, just for the tea. But bacon, why yes that too. Hope your breakfast was good.

And so, weather lady has said we will be very wet today, but mild. But at least the rain is not here yet, and the snow is to the NW of me. With a high in the 60’s, not a bad last day of November.

Ooh, and yeah:
14E14FAE-85BA-4C7D-99F6-EF82B36D7511.jpeg

Doubt I will buy much today. Most of my shopping is done, and some orders are still coming, so guess I need a cat to sit in the boxes. LoL.

Yes, Mac, Smokey or Smoke Man was a great cat. He had a loud purr, and meowed loud too. But with a family member severely allergic to cat dander, no cats for us since I got married.

And so, that early routine continues today. And yeah. Welcome to Monday. Good Morning.

Tea, oh yes, that routine is appreciated, and yeah, did I say it was a Monday?

@agavegirl1 hope things improve for you soon. Gift buying can be difficult - perhaps go for the classic gifts or stockings with small items?

Morning Lynne - just the one coffee - currently sat waiting for optometrist. Town is so quiet - very few stores open obviously. Look forward to returning home. Yes another coffee then!

Hi group. I read here and steal memes and cartoons but since I have had to cancel so much, DH had surgery and is now working an average of two days a week, I kind of don’t post. I can’t see the kids and grandkids and we are trying to compromise Christmas. I am pretty sure DH and I have had the virus. Not as bad as when we had H1N1 in 2009 but the symptoms lasted longer. Fortunately, neither of us had any work to do. Also an unfortunate thing financially speaking but we always are prepared for economic hardship.

Congratulations on your shopping prowess @schumigirl. I haven’t started and am getting no cooperation from the 4 kids and 6 grands.

Welcome back Wendy.......it is so good to see you! You have been missed for sure........

Continued good wishes to DH for his full recovery, you’ve both had a tough year or so :hug:...and I’m wondering how on earth I missed you had 6 grandkids!! Yes, when you have a lot to buy for you do need them to help along the way.......

Yes, so many have had to cancel trips and even small get togethers are missed, I think we all need this year to be over.

But sending you all good wishes Wendy...don’t be a stranger...:wave2:

View attachment 541131

Agavegirl, so good to see you post. Sending some good thoughts your way, and so sorry to hear life has been hard. Hoping DH is recovering well, and full time jobs can be found. Hugs.

Hope Julie is enjoying some coffee or tea. Nice the house is getting some new paint. And my current puzzle is still in progress. Had not touched it for days, too.

Schumi, would joining you for breakfast, just for the tea. But bacon, why yes that too. Hope your breakfast was good.

And so, weather lady has said we will be very wet today, but mild. But at least the rain is not here yet, and the snow is to the NW of me. With a high in the 60’s, not a bad last day of November.

Ooh, and yeah:
View attachment 541132

Doubt I will buy much today. Most of my shopping is done, and some orders are still coming, so guess I need a cat to sit in the boxes. LoL.

Yes, Mac, Smokey or Smoke Man was a great cat. He had a loud purr, and meowed loud too. But with a family member severely allergic to cat dander, no cats for us since I got married.

And so, that early routine continues today. And yeah. Welcome to Monday. Good Morning.

Tea, oh yes, that routine is appreciated, and yeah, did I say it was a Monday?

Yep, bacon and tea are always popular choices for breakfast here.....

Back home after doing some volunteer delivering of food packages. It really didn’t take long but happy to see plenty of food packages handed out.

Signed up to do some volunteering for a different charity in December......again, only a few hours a week. But, every little helps.

Lunch is chicken noodle soup that I made yesterday and dinner is salmon fillets, cooked for a very short time in the oven, a white wine and lemon sauce with baby roast potatoes and usual veg selection.

Plan to wrap up presents that need to get posted off this afternoon, that’ll keep me out of mischief for a while.

Almost lunchtime........

A685E869-B141-4D65-9196-3542E0B69E9D.jpeg

Fish for dinner tonight. Dh went fishing Friday and caught some nice sized black sea bass.
Quite the catch! Never tried sea bass. Did thaw out some shrimp & salmon yesterday. Tossed a package of steak in fridge too for today.

Jr coming by for breakfast...ready the bacon
Last night, kids decided air fryer fun for dinner.
My new, favorite obsession :)
Your cooking is always a hit though....I still think you need to open a B&B.....it would be a huge hit!!!
Hmmm lol
know everyone is scared about Covid, but the clinic staff making poor medical decision choices and leaving people hanging without medical care is negligent.
Absolutely. The med clinics here all are national chains, had less than stellar reputations before this plague hit. Most of the regional hospitals now have both traditional ERs & fast track paths but the latter is no longer doing the tests to try to cut down on the traffic.

As you described the health systems are suggesting folks head to the clinics, often after one pays for a video visit with their own doctor. Way to double dip there & run up health costs.

There are several online labs that are still shipping the self-test kits if you meet eligibility as to symptoms & situations. Nice to have on hand.
He is the sweetest grandson. We are glad to give it to him
nice to see people pay it forward to their family
:scratchin

that looks like a 20 lb cat!!
It’s huge....

it has the face of one of my former cats which weight was at 8 lbs
Poor thing, not sure how he can move about
Janet does make them sound appealing......might try the Ninja Foodie for a change....
Unofficial poll as to recommendations from those i know who have tried them, the multi-function ones seem to sub-perform.

I’ve gifted the one I own twice already. Went to well to grab another for xmas but has been sold out for a month. Brand I’ve seen at macy’s In the past but otherwise, no experience prior to this purchase

Bella Pro Series 8 qt touchscreen air fryer stainless steel, approx $120

Yeah, I used to have a 22 pound gray tabby. He was a very sweet boy. After Thanksgiving, yeah may feel like that cat! LoL
22#, wow, Is that a typo? My dog barely weights 10#
Quick good evening. Busy day today. I’ll start regular posting when we get back home. Just have a few picks to share of today’s adventure.
Today was all about Dh.
Never heard of it, looks like fun. If you are ever up in the Canton, Ohio, area; make sure to stop at: the NFL football hall of fame, Rock & roll one in Cleveland a half hour north & then, might as well head west for another 45 minutes to Cedar Point :)

At my house it’s just the two of us and we took a vote not to have another turkey for thr 25th, but the prime rib
Won.
Going to cook it from scratch or going to buy one of those bagged ones? Sams had a cooler full of them, packaging reminded me of how the deli clerks have to cut open the hunk of lunch meat.

So far behind buying but what I have is wrapped
A very smug hands up here for (most) of my Christmas shopping done and all the trees and decorations are up and it feels very festive!!!! Just got my usual last minute and impulsive purchases to make as we go along..
I’m going with it’s a decidedly off year and lack of inspiration May be the year of GCs for big presents for several family members. Problem is, they will complain, don’t want them or GC. Like being ‘surprised’ ugh
Hi group. I read here and steal memes and cartoons but since I have had to cancel so much, DH had surgery and is now working an average of two days a week, I kind of don’t post. I can’t see the kids and grandkids and we are trying to compromise Christmas. I am pretty sure DH and I have had the virus. Not as bad as when we had H1N1 in 2009 but the symptoms lasted lon
Hoping the DH is recovered and that things turn ‘round for you quick

Well...... someone forgot to put the porch light on and I stubbed my toe again.

Had some issues with my phone and believe I need to update my OS.

Kept getting bounced out on the Dis

But now I can connect here, everyone is asleep..

Morning crew will probably check in about a few more hours.
I might stay up for that if bacon will be served.

Won.

You all come on over to our place on Christmas if you rather have red meat (Prime Rib) and wine instead of turkey for this year
I’ll put the cats in the bedroom in case anybody has fur allergies
Only catch is the football games will be on...Do many of you have relatives/family for your holiday dinners

we do have three bathrooms for those that can’t handle beer

How many plates do I set ?

I'm joining Schumi in the smug crew of house all decorated! It is rather pretty if I do say so myself. Christmas gifts are easy this year - taking the nephews to Universal for Spring Break so I will use my Cricut to make a fake ticket in a fun box that they can open, along with a lanyard and some other fun park things for them to wear.

Count me in for some prime rib for Christmas!

Agave hope 2021 is looking up for you - this really has been a rough year. Lots of mummy dust your way!

Charade love the pics hope you are having a great trip!

Hi to the rest of the SANS fam hope you had a good thanksgiving and your pants still fit. I know mine are a little snug after the copious amounts of pie and gravy I consumed. Back to the treadmill today.

Yep, Keisha, not a typo. He was just a big cat. Was a happy one, and was sad when he passed away after 18 years. Got him from the pound at around a year old.

Ooh the loud rain. But must have a break right now, as all can hear is the trash truck.

Agavegirl, there is a rumor here that Schumi is bringing wine to go with our whines.
Stick around and join us
(Hope she also brings bacon.)

I think I get the biggest bottle as I whine the most..

Hope you get a laugh out of this
I know how tough it is for you and hope you can enjoy the holiday.
For you to be so busy most of the year with your job, it is very difficult to not be working.

Sending warm thoughts your dh heals up completely from his surgery.

Any time you feel like company, come here.
We will be your biggest supporters to cheer you up.
:grouphug:

View attachment 541140

Quite the catch! Never tried sea bass. Did thaw out some shrimp & salmon yesterday. Tossed a package of steak in fridge too for today.

Jr coming by for breakfast...ready the bacon

My new, favorite obsession :)

Hmmm lol

Absolutely. The med clinics here all are national chains, had less than stellar reputations before this plague hit. Most of the regional hospitals now have both traditional ERs & fast track paths but the latter is no longer doing the tests to try to cut down on the traffic.

As you described the health systems are suggesting folks head to the clinics, often after one pays for a video visit with their own doctor. Way to double dip there & run up health costs.

There are several online labs that are still shipping the self-test kits if you meet eligibility as to symptoms & situations. Nice to have on hand.

nice to see people pay it forward to their family

Poor thing, not sure how he can move about

Unofficial poll as to recommendations from those i know who have tried them, the multi-function ones seem to sub-perform.

I’ve gifted the one I own twice already. Went to well to grab another for xmas but has been sold out for a month. Brand I’ve seen at macy’s In the past but otherwise, no experience prior to this purchase

Bella Pro Series 8 qt touchscreen air fryer stainless steel, approx $120

22#, wow, Is that a typo? My dog barely weights 10#

Never heard of it, looks like fun. If you are ever up in the Canton, Ohio, area; make sure to stop at: the NFL football hall of fame, Rock & roll one in Cleveland a half hour north & then, might as well head west for another 45 minutes to Cedar Point :)

Going to cook it from scratch or going to buy one of those bagged ones? Sams had a cooler full of them, packaging reminded me of how the deli clerks have to cut open the hunk of lunch meat.

So far behind buying but what I have is wrapped

I’m going with it’s a decidedly off year and lack of inspiration May be the year of GCs for big presents for several family members. Problem is, they will complain, don’t want them or GC. Like being ‘surprised’ ugh

Hoping the DH is recovered and that things turn ‘round for you quick

Cybermen!! Second scariest baddy from Dr Who when it was a kids show......Tom Baker.....best doctor ever!!

Gift cards are never a popular choice with us either, I completely agree most prefer the actual gift and a surprise......although I think Kyle will be getting lots from Scotland this year with us not travelling up and them not coming down.

I need to do more research on that one....so far all I can find is a used option.....it does look good I have to say. So far I`ve considered the Ninja and not much else....

Good job on the wrapping. I did plan to do some more today, but ended up chatting on the phone.......

I'm joining Schumi in the smug crew of house all decorated! It is rather pretty if I do say so myself. Christmas gifts are easy this year - taking the nephews to Universal for Spring Break so I will use my Cricut to make a fake ticket in a fun box that they can open, along with a lanyard and some other fun park things for them to wear.

Count me in for some prime rib for Christmas!

Agave hope 2021 is looking up for you - this really has been a rough year. Lots of mummy dust your way!

Charade love the pics hope you are having a great trip!

Hi to the rest of the SANS fam hope you had a good thanksgiving and your pants still fit. I know mine are a little snug after the copious amounts of pie and gravy I consumed. Back to the treadmill today.

Pie and gravy are so worth it though!!! Don`t do too much on the treadmill......

Yes, isn`t it the best feeling getting all the decorating done and then sit back and enjoy looking at it all.......and what a lovely gift for your nephews....now that is a gift!!! They`ll love it :thumbsup2

Agavegirl, there is a rumor here that Schumi is bringing wine to go with our whines.
Stick around and join us
(Hope she also brings bacon.)

I think I get the biggest bottle as I whine the most..

Hope you get a laugh out of this
I know how tough it is for you and hope you can enjoy the holiday.
For you to be so busy most of the year with your job, it is very difficult to not be working.

Sending warm thoughts your dh heals up completely from his surgery.

Any time you feel like company, come here.
We will be your biggest supporters to cheer you up.
:grouphug:

Yep mac...you know me so well ::yes::.....always plenty of bacon and copious amounts of wine are always readily available here........🥓🍷🥂 Although if you like French wines....you won`t find any in our home at all, except Champagne. Not a fan of French wines generally.

I can "whine" with the best of them at times.......just get me started on cold weather.....lol.......

Dinner was good.....we all enjoyed it and for some reason I had no room for dessert, they managed some ice cream.....weirdly the ice cream on the outside freezer in the garage that no one was supposed to know about......well, it`s open now.

Enjoying a Monday night glass of wine......well, it`s cold and damp outside.......any excuse will do........tv night ahead.....and advent calendars will be laid out tonight for all of us, cannot believe tomorrow is December.......

cv44-L.png

:cheer2::santa::cheer2::santa::cheer2::santa:

Yep, I`m passing time till we`re ready to watch a dvd........

This month has really gone fast for me.
Seems like yesterday it was the start of November.

Charade, I 75 looks fine and clear for your travel home on Tuesday
Weather here has dipped down but will be back to 50’s later this week.

Hope you have had a grand time in Georgia!

Schumi, ice cream is the easiest dessert to set up.
Was it vanilla or strawberry?

Easy diner for me to set up tonight
Left over pizza from last night.
We always order two loaded pizzas on Sunday so we finish them off Monday night.

Finally figured out what temperature to set the oven at for reheats.

This month has really gone fast for me.
Seems like yesterday it was the start of November.

Charade, I 75 looks fine and clear for your travel home on Tuesday
Weather here has dipped down but will be back to 50’s later this week.

Hope you have had a grand time in Georgia!

Schumi, ice cream is the easiest dessert to set up.
Was it vanilla or strawberry?

Easy diner for me to set up tonight
Left over pizza from last night.
We always order two loaded pizzas on Sunday so we finish them off Monday night.

Finally figured out what temperature to set the oven at for reheats.

I honestly can`t believe how fast the last months have gone either......I thought with all the lockdowns/isolating we`ve been doing this year would drag, but quite the opposite.

It was a chocolate and toffee swirl ice cream I had made up a couple of weeks ago....thought they`d forgotten about it....obviously not. I like the toffee swirl when I make it with a vanilla based ice cream, but they all love chocolate based ice cream.

Honestly....I could eat a pizza right now.....it`s just after 10pm so maybe not the best idea......but loaded pizzas......mmmmmmm

Advent calendars set up for the morning.......we have them laid out ready, but none of us eat the chocolate till evening.........Tom looked to get me one with a wine a day....but the ones he found, I wouldn`t touch the wine on offer. So a white chocolate one for me then.

Rain has stopped but feels cold outside, possible snow by the end of the week all over the UK.......doubt it`ll come to much. To be around 50F tomorrow which isn`t too bad as other areas are much cooler. Time to wrap up.....

7D17C070-D975-40CA-881A-F790D11ADB49.jpeg

Yeah, after a delicious very large steaks on the grill, corn, rolls, fries, corn, and grilled peppers and tomatoes, I’m ready to relax.

Oh, and even just before 7 tonight, very dark out. Clear sky. That storm was tracking at 35 to 50 mph, so a very fast storm. Rained on and off all day, as yellow radar blobs made some loud rain. Luckily, the tornado and extreme storm warnings expired, but enough rain fell, some flash flooding warnings given. Hail maybe was seen by McK. Most of the storm stayed NW of us.

And so, for those enjoying a good evening:
177AE694-1E0E-404D-9884-B485ED57212C.jpeg

Restful and peaceful night, homies.

Ah yes, the last month of the year is started, and how fitting, a Taco Tuesday too. And remember,
38E55436-9BB0-47AF-B208-597826316E83.jpeg
Hehe. Yep, with the most recent offerings, Mac may or may not be doing her Taco Bell run for dinner. And we got the boxes this weekend. Kids said, yeah, again off our lists until a box we may like comes along.

And, ooh so dark out. Mostly clear, and 43. I’ll take it. Still a bit soggy, but sun will help that. While a mostly sunny day, clouds will be seen. Happy they are not the rain kind. Maybe those fluffy white ones. Eh, lunchtime walk will have a jacket, for sure. And those shades, with a hope will be so bright out.

Julie and Schumi, guess busy this morning. Hope you both had a nice breakfast, and at least a cup of tea or coffee.

And Julie, hope your eye exam went well.

Schumi, hope the dinner from the Aga was tasty.

And so, have to say, week day routine continues. Tea for me, and the hunt to see what quick breakfast I can find. A quiet enough house too, as both kids have later morning starts. The end of the Fall semester is so close now. Little one is so happy she finishes before older one.

And yep, while we are so ready to be away this holiday, it will be the same as Thanksgiving. Just the 4 of us. After hearing reports of the crowds this past week, and our current state having climbing numbers. No travel for us, until maybe this summer. But, regardless, so happy to have a day off this month. A week after that holiday, another one. Woot! Days off every couple of weeks will continue until mid February. Then the dry spell starts. But a glorious time of year. Colorful, and all is open. Though maybe not as many hours as before, but this weekend starts the longer store hours. I am a fan. Many start much earlier. And I much rather be there early. And so, welcome to December homies.

A terrific Taco Tuesday to all.

oooh, more tea needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter