Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Monday All,

Had a great time at Six Flags, rode everything at least twice. I even got into a verbal fight with a 13 year old girl who threatened to call security on me.. I told her 'go ahead and call them.' She had no leg to stand on anyway.
The weather was perfect.. a mix of clouds and sun. And to top it off, while driving home, my new car averaged 40 miles per gallon.. I was amazed!

@schumigirl - glad to hear you got to UO

@tink1957 - Glad you got your vacation, I hope you had a blast!

@Charade67 - Kingda Ka is an awesome coaster. The front seat is the best because when you come down, it's straight down.. one of the most amazing views I've ever had. Also, in the big hill, there's a drop ride. It was build after the picture. The ride takes you almost all the way to the top and then you free fall. The view is amazing and the speed/length of the fall takes your breath away. So cool!

111 days until my vacation!

Happy Monday, indeed!! 60 day vacation dance!! :dancer:

Love seeing the high school football enthusiasm in this group! Our HS is a very small 1A school and we struggle to even have enough kids to suit up, but the stands are always full and the support is strong.

Went to opening night of HHN on Friday night and had a blast! It was the busiest I've seen it on opening night in a few years. Did all the houses except for Ash vs. Evil Dead but will do that one Friday night when I return.

My cable/internet is still out at home so I don't have much choice other than to post at work. Plus my data plan is toast this month since none of the Wi-Fi spots around my area work. Comcast won't say anything as to when service will be restored. :mad:

Now it seems like they've sped up.. but for about an hour it was taking 2 minutes to update.

yeah, it was slow, so I left, then when came back, was much better.

Glad you had fun at Six Flags. It was a nice week-end. Almost hot.

still extremely slow for me.......

at the point of not posting until it speeds up

PoohIsHome..... :welcome: to our corner of the
darkside!!

Happy happy birthday Schumi!!!!

I am no longer a HHN virgin! I used express pass and was able to do all the houses, the scare zones, and two shows and still have time left over. We weren't rushing at all either and didn't use holding pens or anything for earlier entry. We didn't even make it in right when it opened. I was with a group of 5 so we went more leisurely than I tend to go when it's just me and my husband. We had express pass but I won't have that next time I go so it was good to get it all done. I don't like being startled and didn't know how I would like it but it went well. The startle isn't the building anticipating type like walking through the darkness of Kong and not knowing. There are people jumping out everywhere so it wasn't a full startle. My reaction was to smile/laugh and sometimes wave. So that was fun.

Went to opening night of HHN on Friday night and had a blast! It was the busiest I've seen it on opening night in a few years. Did all the houses except for Ash vs. Evil Dead but will do that one Friday night when I return.

My cable/internet is still out at home so I don't have much choice other than to post at work. Plus my data plan is toast this month since none of the Wi-Fi spots around my area work. Comcast won't say anything as to when service will be restored. :mad:

It was empty Saturday night in comparison to what it usually is. Last night was busier though strangely. Hope you get sorted soon with Internet..........

But disappointed in some of the houses this year.......scare zones are either excellent or awful (Purge is awful) Scarecrow is really good as is AHS and The Shining too, but Shining could do better with some scenes.

Ash Vs Evil Dead was the most ridiculous thing I ever seen......and the worst planned house ever........you walk miles...... 1 minute house and then walk miles back. Badly planned. Won't be doing that one twice.

Still to see a couple this weekend.........

The whole thing this year is missing a theme and an icon.......everyone seems to be saying the same thing too.......

But still kinda fun!

Vicki, sorry I missed you........didn't check any emails or Dis for a few days as been so busy........

Just run into Mad Hattered........some of us in here know him well from a couple of years back.......him and his wife were just heading out when I saw them.......nice to see them again.........didn't have a clue who I was till I took the shades off........lol........nice couple!

Loving being here, but so busy...............:D

YaY! Schumi is enjoying the HHN.

Metro, I hope Comcast gets you hooked up soon. That really stinks. At least the AC is on, and that is good.

Somewhat speedy DIS now.

Wearing a blanket. Forgot a sweater or jacket. AC is cranking and it is not that hot out. Very nice out indeed.

Time for afternoon tea. Would be nice to hear that MCO story Schumi.

Mac, hoping all is well.

I, actually, would have liked to have seen The Shining house. I wanted to also see the Last Bill and Ted show.. I saw it YEARS ago and thought it was great fun.

Evil dead stinks Bruce Campbell deserves better than that

Lynne thot of u with the reports jose has inched closer. Hope no heavy rain

Maria turning out to be the witch I guessed. A shame the leeward isles up at bat again

Is it wrong to hope the season has peaked? Really don't want a repeat this year

Good evening everyone.
Am I the only one here who has no interest in going to HHN? I have never liked things that are creepy or scary. My husband and I once did one of those ghost walk tours in New Orleans. It took me several hours to get to sleep that night.

Chuckers - That coaster looks cool, but I could never ride it. I can handle mild coasters like Big Thunder Mountain at Disney, but can't do the thrill coasters. I don't do very well with heights.

Metro - Glad you got your cable back.

PoohIsHome - I am in central VA. We have been here for 10 years.

Tomorrow Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets go on sale for the Florida shows. I hope I can get good seats. They will be performing on my birthday.

All this talk of Virginia...I was raised in Charlottesville and lived there until 2004 when I moved to Orlando.

Good morning everyone :coffee:

We're moving to Pop today and I just got a text that my room is ready...I got a renovated room too:cool1:

Sorry I missed you too Carole...seems like dismeets weren't in the cards for me this trip.

Time to get moving...have a great day everyone :flower1:

YAY! Metro is now fully connected. Glad Comcast came through and hooked ya up.

Pooh and Charade, hope the rain was not too bad from Jose. We get him visiting today. Rainy and very gray start to the day. Cool too, not even 80 today. But, since he is a fast mover, the rest of the week looks very good. Ah Fall will be here in days.

Yep, Keisha, a Cat 1 Jose off our shore today. Thankfully, not a Sandy. More rain as you go East, so just pockets of rain, and 20 to 25 mph winds. Just not a nice day. Oh well, so glad was not in KY or FLA when Jose decided to visit.

And oh Maria. Those poor islands taking another hit.

Hello, no Nate better form and head for FLA, and no hurricanes the first 2 weeks of October. Come on. Last year was the one and only time. So many storms this year. To be on the M name is shocking enough.

th
th
So, Good Morning homies. Time to get up and snack on a taco.
th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter