Something About Nothing ... #12

Safe travels Chuckers. Yep, my kids like that coaster. Waive, as you go by, as I'm about 45 minutes from that 6 Flags.

Lynne congrats! Did u get ur tix thru the lottery system? I gotta rock again it appears wah.

Just another drive by.

I'll be leaving for Orlando 9/19.... Just booked an extra day at SFR. With all the influx of traffic back down south I figure traffic isn't going to be friendly so we are getting a head start. It will allow us to take our time, get a good night rest, and be able to get up and get a whole day of the parks done! Plus, I love SFR and it will help me keep my gold status. We'll be at SFR 9/19-9/20 then switch to RPR For 9/20-24. Then on the 25 we leave for Texas from Orlando. Staying with a friend the night of the 25. Come back to Orlando 10/5..... and not sure about that time. We're doing HHN with friends on 9/21... my birthday. This is the first time I've ever done HHN!! AHHHHH!

Ive been at the coast the last week. Mom and Dad were supposed to be on vacation in Maine so I came in to run the joint... however. Irma had different plans. When she came around the corner of the coast they got a bit scared and so did our EOC. Mandatory evacs were ordered and we had to hold off and cancel out guests. Only 5 of them decided to come in after. Cancelled the other 13 and offered refunds. It was the right thing to do. Still annoyed that mom and dad came home, but I understand. They felt that the owners would not be happy about their absense if this actually became a big event here. However, it did not and I pulled off managing and prepping all my houses by myself--- meaning I was able to manage and delegate all my cleaners to help then checked each individual home after them to confirm they were ready. When dad arrived and helped me put thing back together after he said we prepped for a cat 4 when he told me to prep for cat 2 or less... Go big or go home?! lol

Mom and Dad are now planning a month vacation in January. Surely we won't have a hurricane in January right?! They're hoping to get 4 weeks away this time. I hope it works for them!!! THEY NEED A VACATION!

Hope all are well. Are the bluers okay? Anyone else in SOFL in the line of that thing?!

Ha, it was warm enough yesterday, older one turned on the AC. Guess it will stay on, 85 today, and only a chance of rain. Thankfully, Jose is loopy, and will only give some rain down the shore this weekend, and some rough surf. No rain from him for us.

Safe travels Schumi. Enjoy the good food and spooks.

Have fun Chuckers. Should be a good day to coaster. Will be just warm enough, should not be too sweaty.

Mac, glad the cool and gray day is gone.

Tinker-dude, yep, that is the fall and spring. Need jacket in morning, forget it in afternoon, then need it at night. Enjoying this more like summer temperatures. Sweaty is not my idea of fun though.

Horrible the subway attack in England. Peace. My heart goes out to those harmed and killed.

It is Friday. For that, a wahoo is needed. Have a great day, and awesome weekend.

Time for tea, and need to get little one moving. She is so not a morning person. Later.

Metro - Yay for power!! I've heard a lot of areas still don't have it and they're saying by Sunday for Orange county. Public schools are still out since so many schools are still without power.

There's a chance I might be there. We are last minute planners these days though. :)[/QUOTE

Just curious, do the students make up these days of school? Last school year we made up 2 snow days, but the state of Missouri excused our 4 flood days. Yes we have crazy weather in St Louis!!

Morning Sans family :wave: Hope everyone is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.
IMG_8615.GIF

Mac, Lynne, Keisha

16 sleeps as Schumi would say till we leave for vacation :banana:

Mac sending vampire dust your way for healing.

Glad to see tinyd and family faired well after Irma.

Summer has returned here to Mac.

Chuckers have a good coaster vacation.

Metro glad to hear your air is back on.

To all our homies across the pond heartfelt prayers after another senseless attack on innocent folks :grouphug:

Greetings everyone. Well, we finally got our meeting with the college yesterday. Now both sides of the dual enrollment are covered.
Had to go to the doctor's office this morning for blood work. I HATE doing this. I went through 3 people before one of them was confident enough to draw the blood. I have very deep veins and am a slow bleeder.

Chuckers - I've only stayed. At the budget resorts at WDW. Our favorite is Pop Century. I decided to go a little more upscale for Universal though. I really wanted the express passes.

Tinker-tude - My daughter has high functioning ASD. She went through a Star Wars obsession. She still loves it, but isn't quite as obsessed with it as she once was. We are waiting for that area to be finished before we go back to WDW.

Tink1957 - Glad you are having a good time. I would love to be at a park when it wasn't very crowded.

Monykalyn - My daughter is almost 17 and isn't even driving yet. She may end up buying her own car. I was thinking about letting her have mine (I'm getting a new one for Christmas), but it is almost 15 years old and starting to fall apart. It's at that stage where it's really not worth trying to fix anything that goes wrong.

Metro - Glad you finally got power back.

Kohlby - Hope your Aunt's house was spared from too much damage.

Chuckers - That roller coaster pic you posted is really freaking me out. I can't tolerate heights. My daughter would probably love it.

Tinydancer - I think hurricane season is supposed to be over at the end of December. I think January should be safe.

Robo56 - I am neither bright eyed nor bushy tailed.

It is a beautiful day here, but since I wok up not feeling very well I think I well spend the rest of the day on my recliner reading a book.

Can anyone recommend a good, free picture hosing site. I don't post pictures very often, so I really don't want to pay for the service.

Last edited:
Howdy partners:umbrella:. Trying to clear desk of paperwork, fat chance but giving it a whirl

Good weekend all

At Mythos now waiting on our food...both Hulk and JP up and running today, rides all have 5 to 15 minute waits...not bad at all :flower1:

To answer your question about Volcano Bay Keisha...it's a toss up between it and TL since they are the only ones I've been to. There are more slides at VB and the water coaster is the best I've experienced. Just don't waste your money on the premium seating unless you only want it for the lock box...service is terrible we had to go to the concierge hut to pay our bill since our server disappeared for an hour after leaving the check :confused3 I complained to guest services but don't expect much since they didn't seem too concerned. We were going to get more food and drinks so it's their loss.

Last edited:
Howdy partners:umbrella:. Trying to clear desk of paperwork, fat chance but giving it a whirl

Good weekend all

I need to clean my desk off too. I need to get motivated for sure.

At Mythos now waiting on our food...both Hulk and JP up and running today, rides all have 5 to 15 minute waits...not bad at all :flower1:

Yum Mytho's. Can't wait to be there and have a meal. Have a great time at HHN tonight.

Safe travels for Schumi and her hubby tonight.

Drive By :moped:.

Home y'all are ok. Where's Bluer?

Still in Demo mode....I am immune to the smell of Clorox.
We're back down to 3 families here in our home..Just "evicted" those crazy Floridian evacuees.
Got estimates to level the foundation of Cuz's house...Sticker Electrocution! about 20K! (1000 sq. ft, rectangular home). 2-3 months minimum before we can even START remodeling! Hey FEMA, we need toilet paper. :rolleyes1

All Orlando Countdowns are temporarily suspended here. That's cool...Gives me time to try to save Dis GCs!

IMG_0157.JPG

It is a beautiful day. Warm already, and such bright sun.

Oh, sorry to hear Buckeev. What a cost. Sending mummy dust. Hugs.

I need tea. Have an awesome Saturday homies. Get outside, the weather is lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!