Something About Nothing ... #12

23rpppe.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG%5D

I'm trying to insert a picture and it's not working.

Another Saturday, another Friday Night Football update.

At the beginning of the year, this was the game that was circled as the most significant. I originally had it as our second toughest game, but some things have changed and, although it is still a big game, I now think we have another in front of it...a few weeks down the road.

We struggled in the Red Zone, last night...getting there and coming up empty with our first four possessions...but we brought it together and came away with a 14-6 win.

The senior starter was back, this week, but my youngest got the start, in front of him. I don't know if they are just trying to ease the senior back in...but he did play the entire game on defense, so not sure.

I got to call the game and had a blast...first varsity call, this year. The booth was really crowded...me, my two spotters, the regular video guy, the regular clock guy, the 25 second clock guy, the sound guy, two internet video guys, three guys with the internet broadcast, a reporter, two coaches and some guy that I think was just annoying people...not really sure what his purpose was. We are also situated between two suites, and a food buffet, right behind us. Gets a bit hard to concentrate, with all that noise. They have to house the radio guys in the visitor's booth, across the field.

By contrast, there are usually 4 of us during JV and Middle School games.

Well, we have a JV game on Monday, and a Varsity bye week, next Friday.

Have a good weekend.

Happy Saturday afternoon. Today was a first for us. We made a trip to a pick & save auto junkyard. The driver's side sun visor on my car won't stay up and I don't want to buy a new one. We tried the junkyard, but the 2 CR-V's they had, and every other Honda, were all missing the driver's side visor. I guess this is a common problem with old Hondas.

Wagman67 - Congrats on your win. Our team was off last night. I think we are 1-2 so far.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Safe travels for Schumi and her hubby tonight.

Thanks Robo........made it safely here, but it's us.......so it was eventful........lol.......thanks for the good wishes my friend!

Yep, made it to Orlando.........JetBlue were fabulous.......even with our flight cancelled they honoured our even more room seats and extra baggage. Ground crew at both airports were fabulous with help........both airports were a nightmare.........JFK........queued up with 62 flights in front of us as only one runway open......not JetBlue fault.......eventually took off 90 minutes late. Brilliant flight.......what the heck is with those blue chips??

MCO wasn't any better.........while story will follow........

But checked in to RPR around 2.45am.........got to room and it was full of birthday surprises........nice!!! slept for around 3 hours then got up........

Just slept for around 3 hours.......missed happy hour in Club Lounge tonight but we needed a sleep and have loads of wine and champagne in room, all birthday gifts.......will hit HHN at some point tonight..........

Anyway, quick drive by..........hope everyone's good...........:wave2:

@schumigirl Glad you're in your happy place safe and sound! I'm not sure of the date, but Happy Birthday!!!!!

May your steaks be perfect, the sushi lush and the drinks strong! Happy Vacation!

Oooh, a MCO story. I'm in. Glad to hear happily enjoying RPR now Schumi.

It is a beautiful start to another warm day.

Tea is brewing, pound cake in oven. Haven't made one in some time, but was in the mood.

It is Sunday. Time to relax. Good Morning homies.

Mmmm...cake :cake:

Glad Carole made it safely back and
:bday::cake:party::bday: we can't wait to hear the airport story.

HHN was fun last night with lighter crowds than opening night. We got 6 houses done and could have done all but we are in the party till you're feeling tired and then go back to the hotel mindset. We still have 6 more days of vacation left so we need to conserve energy :cat:

Have a great Sunday homies...coffee time for me :coffee: or I just may go back to sleep...

Morning everyone :wave2:.

Tink that's the joy of vacation for sure. You get to sleep when you want, eat when you want and have fun. So dance like there's no one watching and live like there's no tomorrow. Have a great time.

Schumi so glad to hear you and your hubby made it safely to RPR. Nice to hear when you walked into your room after an eventful journey they had some sweet birthday surprises for your sleepy eyes to behold.

IMG_2371.GIF

Morning Lynne.

Morning Mac hope you are feeling better everyday.

IMG_2372.GIF

Last edited:
Hey all

Glad to hear good news on the coast TinyD
And holy moly sticker shock Buckeev!
some guy that I think was just annoying people...not really sure what his purpose was.
There is always one of these :rotfl:.

Soccer double header yesterday with one team, supposed to have a game today (other team) but it has been a steady rain all day so far. Game still on. Middle swim practice at same time though. Chickens let me know how unhappy they are with the rain everytime door opens to let dog out. Or maybe they just want treats...

Well weekend went fast! Sliders and fries for late lunch/early dinner due to sports...

Another Saturday, another Friday Night Football update.

At the beginning of the year, this was the game that was circled as the most significant. I originally had it as our second toughest game, but some things have changed and, although it is still a big game, I now think we have another in front of it...a few weeks down the road.

We struggled in the Red Zone, last night...getting there and coming up empty with our first four possessions...but we brought it together and came away with a 14-6 win.

The senior starter was back, this week, but my youngest got the start, in front of him. I don't know if they are just trying to ease the senior back in...but he did play the entire game on defense, so not sure.

I got to call the game and had a blast...first varsity call, this year. The booth was really crowded...me, my two spotters, the regular video guy, the regular clock guy, the 25 second clock guy, the sound guy, two internet video guys, three guys with the internet broadcast, a reporter, two coaches and some guy that I think was just annoying people...not really sure what his purpose was. We are also situated between two suites, and a food buffet, right behind us. Gets a bit hard to concentrate, with all that noise. They have to house the radio guys in the visitor's booth, across the field.

By contrast, there are usually 4 of us during JV and Middle School games.

Well, we have a JV game on Monday, and a Varsity bye week, next Friday.

Have a good weekend.

Lol I've never heard of HS football games having suites, with a buffet no less. Talking about doing it right.

My DSs team upset a top state-ranked team, They're in white.

Lol I've never heard of HS football games having suites, with a buffet no less. Talking about doing it right.

My DSs team upset a top state-ranked team, They're in white.

That is awesome...love good, tight scoring, games...especially when your team comes out on top.

Yeah, we are fortunate to have a new facility that opened when my oldest was a freshman, four years ago...I originally said two suites, but it actually has four...two on each side of the press box. It's a facility that would do a Jr. College proud.

I hope you guys keep rolling. We were ranked 4th, in the state, at 2A, before our game, on Friday. Don't really expect that to change this week. I like that our boys get to rest during this bye week, but I hate having an open week. The last four years, our bye has been the first week...so, when we got to it, we kept at it the rest of the year.

th
th

Oh yes it is, and I am still yawning. Warm start to the day, and windy and warm tomorrow, thanks to the Jose coming 200 miles from the shore. And, there's more coming. There better not be one anywhere near the Orlando area during the first 2 weeks of October. Just saying.

Glad to hear you had fun Tink. Way to enjoy the opening of HHN. Hope you got a chance to get with Schumi and Metro.

Great football stuff Keisha and Wags. Our senior high team lost this weekend. They haven't been the best for some time now. Always fun to see all the kids out in school colors.

Like the test posing Charade. I hope you post some pictures. This thread always likes homie picture posts.

Fall soccer is now set, and ah, back to keeping a blanket, chair and plastic bags, as well as changes of shoes and clothes in the car. I refuse to be cold or not comfy, and let any muddy or wet in my car. Yep, I am a soccer mom. :D

With that, time for another cup of tea.

Have a great start to the work week homies. Welcome to Monday morning! Wake up, it's going to be another nice day in the 80s, with some humidity. The sun is out. Hello!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter