• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Thursday Morning Sans family :wave2:

94357CDB-9FB4-42FF-82BE-CF9A2A2B51FB.jpeg

Went to bed tired......couldn’t sleep......got more tired.......still couldn’t sleep........got up and started organising books in the room we keep them all........became more tired.......lay down on sofa in there.......nope......wide awake but shattered........eventually dropped off around 3am.....only to wake at 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep......look a little like an extra from TWD this morning........I usually sleep very well. Bet I sleep tonight......

Schumi I have had those nights sometimes. It can be frustrating not being able to fall off to sleep. Hope you have a restful day and a good sleep tonight.

Lynne thanks for the cheerful good morning. Your vacation is coming soon.

I’am thinking of decorating early for Halloween. I saw a couple of pillows and a sign at the “At Home” store on Monday when I was shopping with my sister. I keep saying I’am not going to buy any Halloween items every year and then I do...LOL

A2952CE1-0C13-4BE7-9224-F0DB971B651F.jpeg

Going to go and walk a little at the mall this morning, then need to do a little cleaning and organizing in the closet.

Monyk hope you son is feeling better today.

Looking forward to HHN
0C38FEC0-9572-414D-AB5F-3B509ED7B576.jpeg

Good Morning Robo. Cute pillows you picked up, and woot! For the reminder of HHN. Sorry I will miss you this year. Thinking of coming in September into early October next year, so hope to cross paths with you again one of these days.

Mac, hope you are having a good morning too, with thoughts of HHN as well.

Lynne, you’ve been having some bad storms recently......hope they soon pass........enjoy that tea!

Robo.....thanks yes, I need to sleep tonight.....even my friends at lunch said I looked tired........and yep, HHN is getting closer..........

Beautiful day here and tomorrow has to be even warmer.......but......storms will follow.......

Had lovely lunch out with friends. Went to a place that doesn’t allow smoking outside either in their grounds, so we could eat without others smoke blowing towards us.......very pleasant. It’s always busy because of that......

So, no cooking tonight either........I love cooking but, do enjoy when I don’t have to.......so, we have some snack food for later if we do get hungry as always.........

Think I need a mid appointment hair appointment.....hair is growing like wildfire........must be the sunshine. But only 3 weeks till I go.....so will try and hang on......

Water time I think.........Thirsty Thursday right enough......

Quick drive by! Hope this finds everyone well. Busy week, getting ready for DL, 6am flight Sunday morning. So have to be on the road by 3am, drop car off at park n fly.
Went to the beach (lake) Tuesday. It was hot out! Glad I have a beach umbrella.
Yesterday had a lovely lunch for a friends birthday at the golf club. Sat on the patio with lovely views of the mountains. Could see Mt. Baker in Washington.
Today going for massage soon, then mani/pedi with daughter.
Cooler temps today.

Woot! An early bird airborne Sue this week-end! So excited for you, and pictures, if you get the chance. Nice to have a birthday lunch, and pampering today. Sounds like a perfect couple of days.

quick drive by-lunch break
Safe travels to Sue! one of these days we will get to DL! Charade B's hair is gorgeous!
Boy is still sick, but doesn't seem worse or better. He did eat last night.
Yesterday was our anniversary (at AKL and dinner at Jiko this time last year). Dh did go Tuesday and get the boy cold med and wine-but he got the one kind I do not like-Moscato!. He also texted me yesterday and said he didn't feel great, so I stopped by store to get stuff for dinner (shrimp cocktail apps, seared scallops, angel hair pasta with herbs and tomatoes from garden, steamed broccoli, lemon meringue pie) and got 3 bottle of wine. I get home and big bunch of roses, a plant, and 3 bottles of the wine I like LOL! So our wine cooler is now stocked for bit!. He also made chocolate covered strawberries. We ate those instead of the pie.
Our family always lovingly shared all illness with each other
I just do NOT want it right now as I leave in a week! Cloroxing everything
saw that Universal announced a Maze Jordon Peele’s “Us”.
We watched it last night. I can definitely see how this could be a very creepy house.
. Lots of lightning, power out for a few minutes, ack to reset everything, cars stranded in rising water, trees down, fire alarms sounding. Nice line of thunderstorms rocked and rolled us until late in the evening
Wow sounds like quite the show! gray and rainy here today, but not storming.
Yeah with thirsty thursday and now stocked in wine I will be having a glass tonight.

Hello to everyone i missed!

:wave2: Quick morning stop in

Sue...love getting those mani/pedis before a trip. It is part of the excitement of the upcoming trip! Do you have the suitcases out yet? I'm usually a day before packer...but things I can pile up earlier I will make a pile earlier to pack on packing day. The excitement just keeps building!!!!

Schumi...I used to have many books. I finally did a book clean out. But I also have a kobo and a kindle now. I use both...and have many books on both of them. It definitely cuts down on the clutter. I do love the convenience of a book on a kindle or kobo. It is just sooo easy to toss into my purse and pull our at any time and read. I hated having to drag the bulk of a book around. I always have my current book in my purse, and have been known to pull it out - even when the hubby and boys are in Bass Pro Shops, I will sit and a chair and happily read while they are oooooing and ahhhhhhing over all the shiny sports things.

Lynne...I sure hope the rain misses you today. It's grey, cold and drizzly here today too. I don't like storms at the best of times. Those type of storms scare me. I know if you live there your very used to it. - but YIKES. That is when I will say, I'm glad I live where the air hurts my skin. We don't deal with storms like that very often.

Robo...you gotta love all the halloween decorations for the house,. I don't decorate much now that the kids are grown...but I used to do lots as well. I would love to set up a haunted house party at least one time. I think it would be sooo fun to do. But there is a couple of neighbourhoods that get together and have one haunted yard/garage. They are super fun to visit. And each year there is one haunted farm. It is VERY good. They do charge admission - which is donated later to different charities. But they do an awesome job of putting together a whole experience. There are huge lineups most nights to get in to see it...even in the cold temperatures. We have worm mitts and toques with a Timmy's in our hands while waiting for our turn. They only let small groups go in at a time to go through the house and maze. They keep adding new things every year. My boys laugh at me because I'm the chicken of our group lol

Got to sit last night at the sewing machine and actually quilt my quilt together. I'm trying to learn to do the fancy smancy designs that you see on some of the more beautiful quilts. So last night was just doing swirls in some of the blocks. So it's all done freely moving the material around to make the design. I dropped the feed dogs ( the things that grab your material to move it through the machine ) and adjusted a few other things to make the material move around easily. This is a practice quilt...just for me to snuggle with on the chair in the evenings during winter. So we will see how it turns out. My arms are sore from trying to move all the bulk around. But so far...I'm happy with how it is turning out. They are getting better and better with each square. Hopefully I can sit down again tonight and do some more.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Rough day today. I think I mentioned the 68 year old client whose kidney cancer has returned. Today I found out that her doctors have told her there really isn’t anything they can do except make her as comfortable as possible. She is going to start receiving palliative care.

I’ll be back tomorrow to catch up on posts.

That is so sad to hear about. Charade. I hope she is not in pain.

Ended up with more like breakfast for dinner. Eggs with bacon and ham steak, plus some green peppers and meatballs. The meatballs were for little one. While she likes bacon, not mixed with eggs. Older one added a slice of cheese with his.

Quiet night, and that is a good one in my book. Was so tired earlier, that older one said I had fell asleep. Eh, nothing good on the TV, so I guess I closed my eyes. Yeah, I have learned to sleep anywhere, lights on and noise are not an issue if I am tired. Not sure why was so tired though. But I did wake up much earlier then usual this morning. I could not get back to sleep at 3:30am. At least I got a nice long shower before my DH got up. Usually, I have mine not much after him, and it is nice the bathroom is warm and smells good.

Off to see what is on the tube tonight. My try to see what movie to put on. Seems little one made coffee. Ooh, make a cup for me, kid. Later, and a very good night to each and every homie. And hope little Hope lets momma have a longer sleep tonight.

Attachments

• 7408E8A7-5E4D-405E-A406-929BC5B25A0E.jpeg
    7408E8A7-5E4D-405E-A406-929BC5B25A0E.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 39A4CB5A-5711-4679-ADDF-6E40990E48AE.jpeg
    39A4CB5A-5711-4679-ADDF-6E40990E48AE.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ah don’t know why that attachment posted double and not in full
Like I wanted. Later homies.

Sending :wave:to all of youse....
Robo, Sue, Lynne, Keisha, Schumi, Charade, pumpkin, monyk,Tink, Tinydancer, Kfish, bobbie, Rapster and......Pooh ( who has been mia the past week - bring a note from mom...)

and if I forgot anyone, it's because I am blonde

Hope you all are doing fine and enjoying the summer!

Kids in our neighborhood went back to school the other day.
I have to time when the high school bus comes to our street so I don't have to sit behind it to get into my driveway.
It has a stop for the house near me.

92 today and all of next week will be the same.
No complaints out of me for the weather.

Sue is leaving soon on vacation, Lynne and Janet also this month.
I would have to read back to see who else mentioned trips this month.

Quite a few have them in September.

Later homies.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEISHA

party:

Image result for michael myers happy birthday

Image result for rocky horror happy birthday

Image result for jack torrance happy birthday

Image result for the shining happy birthday

Have a great birthday Janet

:wave2:

Last edited:
Belated Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Monyk….dinner sounded lovely!!! And hope your boy feels better soon......horrible to see them poorly......

Pumpkin.....I tried a Kindle twice....but it`s not for me. I much prefer a real book. I know how handy Kindle`s are, but I guess I`m too much of a traditionalist...….or maybe too old fashioned is the right term.....lol.....I don't carry books around with me....but will pop one or two in a suitcase or one in hand luggage, although apart from the plane I never do seem to get around to reading a book in Orlando...….in winter I sit in that room surrounded by books and that's where I do most of my reading.....big comfy chair!!! Bliss!!! I do like your vision of reading while your guys eye up shiny things......lol......

mac....I can`t believe it`s time for the kids to go back to school anywhere already...….kids here are Sept 2nd for the most part...…..and lovely weather still for you...…..that`s got to be nice!!!!

We have rain this morning, and lots of it.....started around 2am and hasn't stopped. Feels cool too. Kyle just left for work and it`s back to jackets today......

No grilling tonight as we planned...….Kyle is out for a engagement party so it`s just us again they`ll eat there. Hmmmmm…...maybe a curry again.

Have a great Friday...….

424112 - yay! It's Keisha's birthday. And rightly so, because: 424113 ::yes::

Have a very Happy Birthday, Keisha.

And hope your anniversary celebration was good, MonyK. Hope the boy feels better soon, and yay, for stocking up with the wine.

Ooh, almost a clear sky, and why how beautiful, I get to see the sunrise, with a lovely orange pinkish horizon. We'll have a sunny day, with nary a chance of rain. I'd say that's one perfect Friday, even if I have to be saying that from my office.

With that, I too am an old school, I'd much rather read from a book, then reading the book electronically. Little one has many a book electronically. I guess she reads them. I always take a book in my backpack when traveling. Helps to pass time in the airport, and sometimes I read in my hotel room, particularly if the weather is bad.

Went to bed by 10pm, older one complained he had to make dinner. Um, your 21 going on 22, I taught you how to cook. Do it. And besides, I tend to be the cook every day. I just needed a break. Feel much better, and so happy it is a Friday. Some weeks seem longer than others.

424118 And a hehe, when saying yesterday, I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow, my coworker agreed. She said every week seems long, I'm retiring at the end of the year. Sigh. Not me. But the 10 year plan is still on track, I think.

:wave2: Hey homies, wake up, it's a Friday. Ah, to all a very pleasant Friday. May the week-end be awesome, and we all can wave to Sue, on her way to DL in the wee hours on Sunday.

How nice is that? :)

:rockband: , :music: and :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter