Something About Nothing ... #12

Afternoon Sans family :wave:

The last of our out of town guests left today. Hubby’s surprise birthday party was a great success. He was so surprised when he walked into the event center and everyone shouted surprise.

We all had such a good time and the birthday fella enjoyed showing the younger set how to jitterbug. There were a lot of 1950’s sock hop fashions on display. Poodle skirts etc......The food was fantastic and the DJ had folks up on the dance floor.

It was so nice to have all the family and friends together.

Here’s a pic of our grandson, his wife and great-granddaughter. They were so cute.

20485120-57B9-430D-814C-E1C136CABD68.jpeg

Now time to kick back and rest.

Got out the step stool to dust the top of the fridge and found a bank envelope with $140!! LOL! I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time when I put it up there.....clueless now!

What a nice treat to find cash you didn’t know you had.

I have to run out and drop off new patient paperwork at the office of a doctor I'm trying to get in with. I have autoimmune issues that require some out of the box thinking for treatment....finding a doctor willing to color outside of the lines is always a joy. 🙄

Poohls hope you were able to get on as a new patient with the doc you have selected to care for you.

Just rebooked our SF reservation to take advantage of the lower AP rates and drop Austin from the trip. Saved quite a bit. While I was at it I purchased our ROF tickets so we're all set for September :cool1:

Tink great to hear you got a better deal with AP.

Happy Birthday Tink
23147EA2-A392-40EA-9C19-4A77A3B83F3D.gif

B508CCAA-D017-4AF9-BE7E-05C7C4A22AAB.gif

Was preoccupied on Monday & gouged the heck out of my leg on Monday. Thought GD was going to pass out after seeing all the blood. still have a pressure bandage on it. Good thing current on my tentnus shot lol.

Keisha hope the leg is healing.

Been thinking about you all a lot lately! We have our annual September trip booked and we’ve been considering a RIP tour this year. Made me think of the tours you guys usually book and go hmmm. Any meet ups planned this yea

Hello :wave2: tinyd so good to see you post again. Sending good wishes for you and hubby that he gets the job he wants in Jacksonville.

Lunchtime drive by! Got to hold 4 week old puppies a nurse is fostering -

That puppy is so cute.

Happy belated birthday to your hubby

8430C32F-8FF5-4B34-8570-2165EC57C2DD.gif

Lynne and Schumi hope your husband’s are feeling better.

What !!!!!!! there are people who have not seen Hocus Pocus
27D97BD2-91F2-4F44-8D4C-2D25A2ADDFDF.gif

My niece loves Nightmare before Christmas. She had me watch it with her when she was 10. She is in her 20’s and still is a big fan.
FAD7CBAE-BFAA-4709-8A86-03E20F30CA00.gif

Sounds like many are getting close to their vacation times.....Lynne, Sue and Schumi.

Have a great Tuesday evening.

Last edited:
Oh, so happy for you, Robo. Such a great looking family. And what fun that all dressed up to celebrate and enjoy good food, family and friends.

Here’s a pic of our grandson, his wife and great-granddaughter. They were so cute.
This is SO cute!! Christmas card picture for sure! How wonderful the surprise went well!
Well boy child has himself a nasty virus-hoping just a cold but was running a fever. Big cup of tea, homemade egg drop soup and he's back in bed.
And the (censored) power blipped out sometime during day-so no dinner. KILLED me to toss that roast. Looked like it was mostly cooked, but ice cold so no idea how long it had sat in crockpot.
Nice weekend Pumpkin! we had family reunion couple weeks ago at the lake-yep spending time with family is great!
I am out of WINE! How does that happen?? I really need some after this day and no dinner and sick kid and hwy is ALL torn up again (guess I should be glad that the worst bridges in country are finally getting worked on though), Dh offered to go get some, and get some more cold medicine for the kiddo, but he is STILL sitting there and not moving fast (or at all:sad2::rolleyes1:rotfl2:) Think I am breaking out the vodka for a martini...

Good evening everyone. Another busy day at work though not as crazy as yesterday. I spent part of the day working on a massive billing issue.

B has spent the past few days doing a massive clean up of her room. She's even going through all of her clothes and bagging up stuff to be donated to charity.

Speaking of B - funny story. She got her final Girl Scout cookie patches several weeks ago. I've been meaning to sew them on her vest, but haven't yet. They have been sitting on top of our china cabinet. Last week I found 2 of them on the floor, but the third, the main patch, was missing. I looked everywhere but couldn't find it. I finally emailed our council to see if they had any extra. Sunday I was cleaning out the cat's water fountain and guess what I found. It was soggy, but still in good condition, so I washed it and let it dry. Still haven't sewn the patches on the vest yet.

I hear folks who visit Alaska often asked if they are going on a cruise...many don't of course but it is a popular cruise place I guess....
Yes, very popular for cruising. We chose to fly into Fairbanks and then take the train down to Anchorage. A great option for those who do not want to be on a ship.

Took an excursion on small tug type boat that went as close as you could get to a glacier. Didn’t get to see it cave, i smell a repeat sailing in the future. Likely would add on a stay in anchorage, few days up to Denali by train.
I recommend a stay in Anchorage. There is so much to do in that area. My family and I flew out to a glacier and took a sled dog ride. It was the best part of the trip. (We got to play with puppies too.)
I hope this link works. It's a video of a glacier calving.

Thinking of an Alaskan cruise one of these days too,
I can't say anything about cruising, but I highly recommend a trip to Alaska. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Lunchtime drive by! Got to hold 4 week old puppies a nurse is fostering - apparently some one dumped them on side of road in a box:mad::mad:. Those people should be jailed and never get out, along with child abusers. No use for evil human beings.
The puppy is adorable. I have words for the horrible person who abandoned them, but I'm sure it would be censored.

Yeah, MonyK, I hate people that toss pets that have no chance, unless someone helps them. One Christmas, a police officer was called, as someone thought a child was crying in the dumpster. Nope, a bag of puppies, just born, with their umbilical cords still on them, eyes closed. Well, of course, since my dad used to work with the police, he got one of those puppies, and we had to buy ***** milk from the vet, to feed. Well, she grew up to be a great mutt, and lived with me while I was in college. She was such a happy people dog, as everyone wanted to walk and pet her. When I got married, I left her with my mom, as she got quite attached to that dog. 16 years we had her.
That's such a great story. I hope all of the other puppies got to go to good homes too.

Very cute.

Well boy child has himself a nasty virus-hoping just a cold but was running a fever. Big cup of tea, homemade egg drop soup and he's back in bed.
Hope he is feeling better soon.

Too early for bed. Dh is watching the Motortrend channel.:sad2::rolleyes2 This is one of the few times I wish we had a second TV set up.

Last edited:
Pumpkin glad you had such a lovely weekend........times like that are priceless!

Lynne......I must be the only one who has no idea of the word that has been blanked out!! But, it’s a lovely story of how you got that puppy......horrible event but a lovely ending.

Robo....so glad the surprise went well! And lovely picture of your family there......sounds like it was a lovely evening.

Doubt I’ll ever visit Alaska Charade.......one of my friends back in Scotland goes every two years on a cruise........she loves it, but she loves a cold climate!

MonyK.......hope the boy feels better soon.........it’s never nice to see them ill. And run out of wine :scared1: yes, a martini is definitely an acceptable alternative after your day! Hope today is better........

Housework is in the plans for this morning.

Tasted the home brew wine last night properly..........it is nice enough and certainly drinkable........not sure I’d buy it if was for sale, but they are quite proud of it.......lol......the red is better than the white......but might still use it for sangria........I got a glare for suggesting that :rotfl:

Weather looks nice today........

Have a great Wednesday.........

Morning all. Toughest decision thus far today - stop for gas or hope it drops again be tomorrow lol

Charade that’s a great video!

Robot all the hard work paid off on party! Your son & family sure embraced the theme lol

I can’t even process the idea of people dumping animals. A special place for them in the circles of heck

Morning all. Toughest decision thus far today - stop for gas or hope it drops again be tomorrow lol

Robot all the hard work paid off on party! Your son & family sure embraced the theme lol

I can’t even process the idea of people dumping animals. A special place for them in the circles of heck

Hey...….I missed an early morning post from Keisha...….. :wave2:

That`s how my friend got her recent Labrador......the litter had been dumped in a field...luckily the farmer discovered them before he did what he was going to do to the field!!! They all got rehomed and her puppy is gorgeous...…..yes, how anyone can do that is beyond me.

I hear you on the fuel......we always seem to be filling this new one up.....I don't ask how much it`s costing...…:confused3 Princess Oblivious here.....lol.....

So, trying to decide how many clothes I need to take for a month away. I will still do laundry....don't mind doing that while we`re away......but I know I`ll get grumbles of how many clothes I`m taking regardless...….:rolleyes1My argument of we have 2x 70lbs plus 20lbs hand luggage falls on deaf ears as he reminds me it`s the pulling of the cases that counts!!! I do like variety while I`m away......

I did have a look last night and shut the doors without deciding......too far ahead yet to think about packing cases......although I did put in my sunhat...….does that count as packing!!!

Bedding out on the line......dulling down a little though.....

A hearty good morning to all the homies. Yep, did do a Taco Bell run as we started the errands last night. :umbrella: Lest the one time, not very long thunderstorm yesterday lunchtime was the only wet, today will be wetter. Weather lady said it will be a stormy day, with clusters of thunderstorms. In other words, wet. Sigh, the sky is a dark blue, with only cloud cover being seen. No difference at the horizon either. Sigh. I know we'll be close to 90 by the afternoon, but long sleeve blouse on. I was so cool inside, sweater was on, and almost used a blanket on my lap. It was that cold. And a hehe, when my coworker saw me saying cold, she offered her blanket. Um, no, I'm prepared, I have one for the ready too. Yeah, in the summer, inside goes from ah, that feels nice, to, freezer box feeling. Though much hotter and muggier today, I dressed more like Spring. And hey, not bothered if I have to use the car's AC.

Keisha, I have not seen much of a drop in gas prices lately. I did notice last night, the place I use went down a penny. So, yeah, I am hoping by the time I need gas in a few days, a lower price can be had, too.

Schumi, lovely story of how that Lab found a home with your friend. And laundry sounds lovely too. I tend to only do it on the weekends, though had to run a load late last night, as older one was rafting down the river, and had a nice bag of wet stuff. It was his job to put it in the dryer though. I went to bed, I was tired for some reason. Oh, and I'm not an over packer most of the time. I have one bag that I can use in the overhead, and one backpack. I make due, and swap around, and yep, do at least one load of laundry if I stay more than a week. Yeah, bags that don't look heavy, can be, when you are lifting them up. Getting closer for ya too, weeks away now. Woot! For almost a month here, and yay, maybe a meet up this year. I will be at SF when you are at RPR, so easy for me to pop in at Strong Water.

Oh, and what day is it? Why yes, a Wednesday you say? Oh thank goodness, hump of a day is here, and that means the week is half over. So ready for a Friday this week. And just think, that means Sue will be in vacation mode next week. Wooot!

Back to Wednesday. Hello Camel:

423624 and yes, 423625 A very happy Wednesday to you all.

And so it is really time for tea. And I do like wine, particularly when it's sec. Hope MonyK finds some wine on her way home today. And hope Schumi finds more tasty wine, and yeah, I've been known to use given made beer only in baking. :)

:coffee: :music:

:wave2: quick pit stop in here.

@Charade67 that is just not fun...billing and teaching new office practices...training is one of those things that is just like buying jeans. I would rather poke my eyeballs out with an ice pick than do that some days. I hope you were able to relax once you got home from those days.

@schumigirl My dad made wine for years. He got quite good at it. He doesn't do it nearly like he has in years past. They would often gift people batches of wine for their wedding days. The couple could come and sweeten it up and help bottle it to serve at the dinner for their weddings. There is a knack for it...and if you have that knack, others get to enjoy fruits of one persons efforts. IMO...there is nothing wrong with a wonderful sangria - especially on a warm summer day sitting outside enjoying the warmth from the sun...but that's just me.

@Robo56 Your party sounds like it was absolutely perfect!!!! There is nothing better than that for something that took so much planning and organizing! I hope you get to relax and just enjoy all the memories from that!

We had clear skies last night - thank goodness - It was an unexpected surprise. So I just sat outside with a good book and enjoyed it...until the mosquitos got too bad. But I will take that type of evening any day. Had an easy supper of turkey and fresh veggie soup and salad. It was just perfect. Not sure what's on the menu for tonight. but I'll worry about that later. I think haircuts on the agenda for tonight. The hubby and boy # 2 were complaining about needing one. So resting for me tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Can't wait to hear more about count downs for all the upcoming trips to HHN!!!!

Quick drive by. I’ve been fighting with an insurance company today, so I don’t feel like doing much now.

Doubt I’ll ever visit Alaska Charade.......one of my friends back in Scotland goes every two years on a cruise........she loves it, but she loves a cold climate!
I’m not fond of the cold, so I will only go during the summer when it is cool, but not too cold. Guess i’ll Never see the Northern lights.

Thanks. I was so excited that I got the calving.

that is just not fun...billing and teaching new office practices...training is one of those things that is just like buying jeans. I would rather poke my eyeballs out with an ice pick than do that some days. I hope you were able to relax once you got home from those days.
These next few weeks are going to be an adjustment period for us. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

B got a haircut today. She usually only gets a trim, but this time had several inches cut off.

Lynne...we`re warm here too....no storms tonight hopefully.....but some predicted next few days....

Yes, we should be able to meet up for sure...... :thumbsup2 and I`m definitely a confirmed over packer and proudly admit it......lol.....I just like to know I have plenty of choice......and they are relatively easy to wheel around.....except of course when Tom has to load them into the car at the airport......oops!!! I can see him silently cursing me while smiling and saying no, it`s fine......lol....bless him...he has a lot to put up with! Hope your day is going well...….

Pumpkin......oh yes, you can`t go wrong with Sangria...….anytime but yes, summer afternoons are perfect...….Sounds like you had a lovely evening last night....and hope tonight is just as restful.....

Charade how old is your daughter? I forget........well, even though I don't like the cold I did enjoy Norway and Sweden in winter years back. We didn't see the Northern Lights there, but luckily we can see them from where we live on some nights......they are incredible.....so yes, I would go back there to see them....and just wrap up warm!!

Been a nice long day today......very relaxing and did some bits and bobs around the house. Still not completely finished the new shelving space for books in the back sitting room....I will get to them eventually......Tom keeps saying we need to get rid of a load of books.....can`t do it. I adore books and won`t part with any....and so many of Kyle`s childhood books too.....nope, we`ll just add more shelving to store them.

Tomorrow ......lunch with friends is our only plan.....Tom fancied driving to the cinema and watching something later.....well, I hate the cinema at the best of times, and he`s still blowing his nose and coughing a little......not the best time to go sit in a theatre...….so may just come home after lunch.

Having a glass of the home made red tonight.....yep, it`s alright. And watching Poirot on tv...….yep....the high life...….

Ah, I just love hydroplaning on my way home. Purple on radar as I checked my phone, then as I got home, phone buzzed with a flood warning. Yep, roads are rivers until the drainage does better. They were some large dumps of rain.

Thanks Schumi, doing well, and will enjoy some adult beverages tonight too.

Charade, nice B got her hair cut shorter. Looks nice to me. Little one last time had hair chopped off, was above her shoulders.

Burgers for dinner. Hope kids get home alright. And ooh, lights flickered so now have to reset my internet. Sigh.

Charade how old is your daughter? I forget........well, even though I don't like the cold I did enjoy Norway and Sweden in winter years back. We didn't see the Northern Lights there, but luckily we can see them from where we live on some nights......they are incredible.....so yes, I would go back there to see them....and just wrap up warm!!
B is 18. Will be 19 in November.
So cool that you can occasionally see the lights from where you live.

Charade, nice B got her hair cut shorter. Looks nice to me. Little one last time had hair chopped off, was above her shoulders.
Thanks. She said she was going to to a little shorter, but the stylist talked her out of it. I think he was afraid she would regret going too short. Maybe next time.

A quick drop in here to say Hey to all the homies.
It's only Wednesday but feels like a Saturday to me...

Monyk, hope your son has improved and not as sick as he was yesterday.
Sending germ free hugs to you.

When the kids get sick, it is always mom that is busy taking care of their needs.
Hope you don't get sick

Our family always lovingly shared all illness with each other

Good Wednesday evening Sans family :wave2:

Not a lot happening here. Was a nice quiet day with a couple of short errands.

We had a storm pass through yesterday evening that brought thunder and lightening and some much needed rain.

Hubby is enjoying his birthday gift I gave him. I bought him the latest IPad and the keyboard to go with it. He said he likes it. That’s all the matters.

I saw that Universal announced a Maze Jordon Peele’s “Us”. I have never scene that. Sounds interestimg.

Monyk hope your son feels better soon.

B got a haircut today. She usually only gets a trim, but this time had several inches cut off.

Your daughter has beautiful hair. It’s always nice to get a salon visit in before school starts.

Going to look for movie to watch on Netflix.

Have a good rest of the evening everyone.

Last edited:
Hubby is enjoying his birthday gift I gave him. I bought him the latest IPad and the keyboard to go with it. He said he likes it. That’s all the matters.
Very nice gift. I keep thinking I should replace my iPad, but probably won’t do it until this one dies.

Your daughter has beautiful hair. It’s always nice to get a salon visit in before school starts.
Thank you. Can you believe she was practically bald when she was born?

Ever had one of those nights........

Went to bed tired......couldn’t sleep......got more tired.......still couldn’t sleep........got up and started organising books in the room we keep them all........became more tired.......lay down on sofa in there.......nope......wide awake but shattered........eventually dropped off around 3am.....only to wake at 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep......look a little like an extra from TWD this morning........I usually sleep very well. Bet I sleep tonight......

But, most of the books are now sorted out......just a few shelves to finish off and all our books will be in the one place......

Breakfast is Rice Krispies I think.......not a cereal fan usually, but fancy a bowl this morning.......and big mug of tea.....

Bit cloudy outside but seems to be warm enough today......

Happy Thursday.........

Happy Thursday, indeed, Schumi, and thank you for your happy Thursday greeting. So sorry not a good night sleep last night. Yep, sure if you even take a nap, you will sleep well tonight.

Well, that was a fun wet Wednesday. Lots of lightning, power out for a few minutes, ack to reset everything, cars stranded in rising water, trees down, fire alarms sounding. Nice line of thunderstorms rocked and rolled us until late in the evening. Now everything is damp, and was a cool feeling ride, with 70 degrees and a very dark sky while commuting. Seems this predawn is now a medium dark blue, and we will have a good chance of no rain today. Seems a random one, per the weather lady, may still be giving rain to those lucky enough to be that random winner. 86 the high, and with the clouds departing by mid morning, we will have lots of sun. That should dry all up, and feel warm to us. That muggy before the rain yesterday, was oh so icky, sticky. Still high humidity right now, as 95 percent. Ah, sunrise to is be in 8 more minutes. Will be glad to see the sun.

Sigh. The inside temp is getting to that oh it's cold feeling. Time for tea. Have a big mug of it too, Schumi. I'd join you, I like English breakfast tea. Mine is black tea. It's what is sold on grocery shelves. It's fine for everyday. I use better tea on weekends when I can really enjoy it.

Have a terrific time today, it's a Thursday, so be thirsty, and drink up, it's good to be hydrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter