Something About Nothing ... #12

Thanks Lynne

I was shopping last week for a phone at the sprint store
Checked out on line also
Decided to wait and get more opinions and read up on the ones out now

I saw some sales yesterday listed and that’s probably due to new phones coming out in September and other versions selling for less

Think I will go the route of leasing instead of buying

The camera feature is nice but not the selling point for me

Turned out to be a nice weather day here
Not hot but low to mid 80’s

Have my flight, room, hotel and hhn activities all lined up

All my preps are completed for September

View attachment 423162 - my little laptop took over 3 hours to right itself. Seems some of the software that was pushed, was corrupted. Um, wouldn't it be vetted before some of us complained? Sigh.

Mac, my kids have a XR and X phone, and both are happy. Since the price of the 10 is the same as the X, I'd buy the X or XR, depending on what you do with your phone. Little one has the X, as she likes taking pictures more than older one, and stores much more crap on it then he does too. Plus, she could care less about the color of the phone, but older one likes having a red phone. Both work great, and I also have a 7 plus, so I am almost ready to upgrade one of these days too. Maybe next year, as I am not in a hurry, and I hate having to down load everything on the new phone, and have the apps where I like them, and remembering my passwords for the apps that I do have.

Sigh, time to go home yet?

HaHa, cute window decor, Keisha.

And yeah, cruising is not for everyone, Schumi. I don't mind, just have to take that motion sickness pills, as I get sea sick otherwise. The ships get huge, and are like floating hotels. We'd cruise more if I felt like it. But I enjoy the parks some of the time instead.

Tea, hello -- I could use some.

yes, cruising like Disneyland has never appealed to me in any way....Tom used to say he wanted to do a round the world cruise, still does..but 4 or 5 months on a ship!!!!! Lordy no!!! I know some might find it blissful.....fills me with dread!!! I have crossed the channel to France and Belgium and crossed the North Sea to Holland and Sweden...but generally I`ll fly.

Laptops have a mind of their own...…..I`m useless with technology.....hope you enjoyed your tea!

Thanks Lynne

I was shopping last week for a phone at the sprint store
Checked out on line also
Decided to wait and get more opinions and read up on the ones out now

I saw some sales yesterday listed and that’s probably due to new phones coming out in September and other versions selling for less

Think I will go the route of leasing instead of buying

The camera feature is nice but not the selling point for me

Turned out to be a nice weather day here
Not hot but low to mid 80’s

Have my flight, room, hotel and hhn activities all lined up

All my preps are completed for September

The only thing I know about the 10 is the camera is fabulous....so not much help to you if you don't want it for the camera...….

Glad you`re all sorted for September......it`s nice when everything is in place!!!!

Well, just tried the wine that has been fermenting nicely....and it`s alright!!!! They`re actually drinkable, red and the white......but wow.....it`s strong!!!

Think they want to try gin or rum next!!!! Lordy help me......we`ll have a brewery on our property before long!!!

Good evening everyone. It has been a long and exhausting day. The two new therapists started today which means new clients, new intakes. trying to get the new people trained in basic office procedures, etc. I was an hour late going to lunch. So thankful for the little Mexican place a few doors away. One of the new therapists had just 2 clients scheduled today, one at 1:30 and the other at 2:30. The 1:30 person called and asked for a later time, so I gave her 3:30. Well new therapist shows up followed by retired therapist. They tell me that they have scheduled someone for 3:30 today. Um...thanks for letting me know after the fact. (They did this over the weekend.) You can't schedule someone and not tell the receptionist. I called the person they had scheduled and fortunately she agreed to come at 4:30 instead. I left work later than usual.

After work B. dh and I went to the university bookstore. B has some books that we can't get anywhere else. Guess what? The bookstore did not have any of the books (or some software program she is required to have) in stock. They suggested we come back the day before move in day. What a wasted trip. Thankfully we were able to get some of her books on eBay and Amazon for much less that the university sells them for.

Charade, I was the one who taught daughter to drive! DH got home too late. Always better to do in daylight. Before her test we sent her for 2 lessons.
If she were still under age she would be required to do a minimum of 15 driving hours at night. Her instructor said that that rule doesn't apply once you become an adult. I think she still should get some night driving in though.

Charade, yes, college books can get costly.
Be glad you only have one to put through school.
Hope your daughter has an easy transition into college life.
Thanks Mac. Yes, I am very thankful that I only have to put one through college and also only one possible wedding.

Must be that time of year again...…..so many complaining how bad Universal is...…..there is an answer......don't go!!!!
Are these the same people who want to compare it to Disney? I don't get it. Apples and Oranges. I love both places but they are two different experiences. I can't wait to see all that the new Universal park has to offer.

I have to go iPhone shopping soon
I have a 7 phone
How good is the 10 series ?
I have the XS Max and love it. As other have said before, the camera is great.

Later, ran into two of DS at local mall after nice dinner & pre seeing toy story. They knew I was still miffed. Look what I found on my car window afterwards

BEEFB4A3-B10F-48EF-86C1-DD7F826FC44D.jpeg

My family’s unofficial group spirit animal hahaha. Yes, i’m Leaving it there until somebody inevitably swipes it at WM parking lot.
That's great! I love sloths. I have a sloth calendar in my home office right now.

Oh I just get sweaty palms thinking about ships sailing anywhere......we have a friend with a boat, and it`s a big boat and he has never been able to talk me into going out in it with them...….my answer is always the same.....people die out there and then rhyme off a dozen disaster movies of that ilk!!!! He finds it hilarious......I`ll fly 40,000 feet in the air in a tin can, but won`t go on a boat!!! Have fun with GD...….
I don't mind day cruises like the glacier cruise we took in Alaska, but I have no desire to get on a huge cruise ship and spend time in the ocean. I lost count how many times I was asked if we were gong to cruise to Alaska. I wasn't too fond of having to take an airplane, but it was the fastest way there.

Time to go and try to relax for the rest of the evening. Hopefully work tomorrow won't be quite as crazy.

06B16DF6-4ED0-4052-902E-BF0EDDF5CD13.jpeg1BC82FE6-85BF-435D-8E73-0B94705B5B77.jpeg

Hope you had a good night Schumi. Picked up a flavored vodka, so made a slushy with it. Tasty.

Charade, what a busy day. And hate that to make another trip. I don’t think little one even has her book list yet. Will look on Amazon as well as bookstore too.

So ready for bed soon.

Good evening everyone. It has been a long and exhausting day. The two new therapists started today which means new clients, new intakes. trying to get the new people trained in basic office procedures, etc. I was an hour late going to lunch. So thankful for the little Mexican place a few doors away. One of the new therapists had just 2 clients scheduled today, one at 1:30 and the other at 2:30. The 1:30 person called and asked for a later time, so I gave her 3:30. Well new therapist shows up followed by retired therapist. They tell me that they have scheduled someone for 3:30 today. Um...thanks for letting me know after the fact. (They did this over the weekend.) You can't schedule someone and not tell the receptionist. I called the person they had scheduled and fortunately she agreed to come at 4:30 instead. I left work later than usual.

After work B. dh and I went to the university bookstore. B has some books that we can't get anywhere else. Guess what? The bookstore did not have any of the books (or some software program she is required to have) in stock. They suggested we come back the day before move in day. What a wasted trip. Thankfully we were able to get some of her books on eBay and Amazon for much less that the university sells them for.

If she were still under age she would be required to do a minimum of 15 driving hours at night. Her instructor said that that rule doesn't apply once you become an adult. I think she still should get some night driving in though.

Thanks Mac. Yes, I am very thankful that I only have to put one through college and also only one possible wedding.

Are these the same people who want to compare it to Disney? I don't get it. Apples and Oranges. I love both places but they are two different experiences. I can't wait to see all that the new Universal park has to offer.

That's great! I love sloths. I have a sloth calendar in my home office right now.

I don't mind day cruises like the glacier cruise we took in Alaska, but I have no desire to get on a huge cruise ship and spend time in the ocean. I lost count how many times I was asked if we were gong to cruise to Alaska. I wasn't too fond of having to take an airplane, but it was the fastest way there.

Time to go and try to relax for the rest of the evening. Hopefully work tomorrow won't be quite as crazy.
Charade we have different licensing requirements here. It’s a graduated licence. First is L (learners) can apply at 16. You have to have your L for a year before you can test for the N (new driver). With L you can only drive supervised. And not after midnight.
N licence for another year and only allowed one passenger (Family not counted)
We don’t have and requirement on how many hours night driving. But yes, she did have night driving. She couldn’t wait till her birthday to go get her L.
It takes 2 yrs to get your full licence here.

im tired.......and this is the last night i stay up to close to 1:30 to see Kfish's guppy........

oh hi Sue, just noticed you above me.....

I hear folks who visit Alaska often asked if they are going on a cruise...many don't of course but it is a popular cruise place I guess....

View attachment 423268View attachment 423269

Hope you had a good night Schumi. Picked up a flavored vodka, so made a slushy with it. Tasty.

Charade, what a busy day. And hate that to make another trip. I don’t think little one even has her book list yet. Will look on Amazon as well as bookstore too.

So ready for bed soon.

Did you enjoy your wine last night Lynne...….I love a good glass of wine......

Lovely sunny morning today.....with threatened storms later......

Went into town and got some bits and bobs...…..got Kyle some shirts and Tom some tee shirts.......I didn't get anything for a change......stores are turning into sales racks…...and not very good racks! Much better choice online, which is a shame.

Then popped into a farm shop we haven't been to before......it was alright, don't think I`d rush back. Did buy some eggs though.

Another quiet day ahead.......Tom`s having an omelette for lunch....not sure yet what I`m having.......

Have a good Tuesday...….

A overcast good morning to all the homies.

Yep, did enjoy my vodka last night Schumi, I like it cold, over crushed ice. Was refreshing. Was a warm night, with no rain, and a golden sunset.

But rain chances are again today, around lunchtime. Good thing I have an umbrella, as the lunchtime walk may be wet, given the chances are 60 percent at noon and one o'clock.
And cooler out too, high is 83. That's a lower temp for this time of year. Here, August is known as a dog days month, where the usual hot, humid, and stormy days are around 90, and the ocean gets the warmest, in the high 70's in temp.

With that, a Tuesday is upon us, and that means, Mac may be doing her Taco Bell run. Yes, that time of the week we enjoy a taco or two. Taco Tuesday indeed.
423357 So, may all have a taco in honor of today.
Either that or have a root beer float. Yep, today, August 6th is 423358. ::yes::

Ah, it's that time for tea, and the sweater on. Hello chiller, I heard you working hard at 5:30am, when I got out of the car. Sigh. Yep, with cooler outside, it will be cooler inside.

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Nice to see you here Kfish
Hope is still a little and she eventually will get into set schedule

Are you taking a leaving a work leave this year ?

Good morning homies
Late start for me
Went to bed later due to insomnia and cats woke me up at 5:30

Napped after I fed them at 6

Yup if it is Tuesday it means Taco Bell tonight

Another hot day here but no complaints
Anything is better than snow when seasons turn

Yesterday was stop animation in STEM class. Had no idea how that worked :). curious to see what they offer today. Wish they had that sort of thing during the summer when I was a kid. They tossed a loom & told us to make pot holders.

RE college books, I learned to wait a week to purchase most but the basic 100 series type. Even then, book services including amazon are out there for lightly used books.

For the 200 & up classes, found that a surprising number of professors would change their mind as to which tome they would use after classes started. Grrrr so Inconsiderate of them. Many families are on a true, fixed budget for school expenses.

If you bought books thru the school, they’d take them back & give full credit. Otherwise, good luck selling it to them for pennies on dollar. For some classes You can often find large portion of what you need on internet too.

Cruises are meant to slow you down :) sort of like how staying onsite at a Loews property at U with FOTL perks work

I didn’t think i’d Like alaska, surprise, one of my favorite cruises. originated in Seattle RT. Was amazing to open our cabin’s curtains and be able to watch the magnificent scenery when sailing. The balcony was lovely, but it did get a bit nippy lol. Nice way to tick off the boxes to see the sites in the different ports. We were among the few to brave the ship’s hot tubs haha, no way was I going on a cruise and not going into some pool.

Took an excursion on small tug type boat that went as close as you could get to a glacier. Didn’t get to see it cave, i smell a repeat sailing in the future. Likely would add on a stay in anchorage, few days up to Denali by train.

When on the excursion to glacier saw so many seals on small ice flows. At first thought they were specks of dirt until we got closer, whales (a bit scary) & powerful waterfalls. found it interesting as to how the boat then dropped us back off, pulling up to our ship that was by that point at sea, waiting for us in the strait. Looked up and saw hundreds of people peering over the railing. Maybe waiting for us to take a dunk in the brink? Not :)

Thinking of an Alaskan cruise one of these days too, Keisha. Sounded like an awesome one you've already done. Both of the ones I have booked are in the Caribbean.

Kfish, yeah, had to feed little one every 2 hours for the first month. Rough, so hope you get to nap with her sometimes. What a cute little Hope she is, with lucky older brothers. Thanks for checking in.

Mac, hope you get a nap in there too, before that Taco Bell run.

Was so cold inside, sweater on, but at least now feeling less like a freezer. Sun was out, but now overcast again. And ooh, pizza for lunch was announced. Hey kids, might have to fend for yourself for dinner. :laughing:

Last night, pizza was for dinner. Seems older one got a flat tire on his way home, and did not know how to change. Yep, now both kids know how to change a tire all to the thanks to mom. (I know, 2 flat tires in less than a week! Darn road work, is all I can say.) But, yeah, and had to pay for a new tire for him too, as it seemed forgot his wallet when went to Sam's to fix or replace. And both kids got a pizza meal while waiting for new tire to be put on, with shopping done too. Sigh, more expensive night than I thought, as I thought I was having a no spending one.

So at least this pizza lunch will be from a local pizza place. I have to use a napkin on Sam's ones. Though I have to say, last night's meal was a cheap meal though.

Tonight may be tacos, as I have to do some errands near one of our Taco Bells. Why there is not one closer to us, don't know. But little one can be bribed with their fries, so I assume she will be doing the errands with me. :D

Oh, and wonder how Kohlby is doing. Didn't her DH and family go to China? Wondering how they are all doing, hopefully very well. Still remember when moved to Florida, and enjoyed meeting Disers in the parks.

Oh I thought you were having wine Lynne...….oh well, glad you enjoyed your drink anyway!!

mac....enjoy your weather and your taco bell......it`s beautiful here still, but dark clouds are slowly meandering towards us and do look ominous.....glad you enjoyed your nap!!!

Keisha.....your time on that tug boat sounds very.....interesting!!!!! Downright scary would be apt.....lol......

Best laid plans for today didn't transpire...….but friend called this morning and asked if we were free for lunch......which we were.....so drove to meet them in their local and lunch was very nice......and even better to catch up with them....we don't see them often enough. But , he still works and is abroad a lot of the time, so it`s not easy.

So, no cooking tonight as Kyle is out for dinner...….snack time later I believe...….always enjoy that!!

Lunchtime drive by! Got to hold 4 week old puppies a nurse is fostering - apparently some one dumped them on side of road in a box:mad::mad:. Those people should be jailed and never get out, along with child abusers. No use for evil human beings.

Haha NCL ad on the TV in room I am working in. Over 500 days til next cruise for us. I love cruising. Would do that all the time if I could. Spent all weekend at lake on water, taking the new pontoon out. Rather busy saturday, lots of wave action. Very grateful I don't get motion or sea sick at all-as the bobbing in front of boat would have done those prone to it in. Boy child learned how to dive off boat-pretty proud of him-overcame his fear of it and worked on it every time we stopped to float in a cove. Me? I was on my Cabana Bay floaty (with seat, handles and cup holder) floating around nearby to keep eye on him, with rescue noodle float handy JIC. We didn't come home til Monday morning.

Tossed pork roast in crockpot with seasonings this am. Got to get back to a routine with cooking. This summer has been so busy, and often only 2-3 people at dinner, instead of our 4 (or 5 if DD is home).

Our college kid has become an expert at finding what she needs for books as cheap as she can. Often she rents from amazon-cheaper in most cases than buying, but there are a few she has bought as she knows she will need them again for another class, or wants for a reference.

Love the window Keisha!
58679712811__EC8E968B-C1FC-4DD3-A8D1-A45ECC65A22F.JPGIsnt this the sweetest puppy?

back to work.
Happy Tuesday! One week til school starts here.

:wave2: Stopping for a check in!!!

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend - with mostly nice weather all around.

We had a great weekend. Weather was absolutely beautiful and hot. Yesterday was too hot to be outside in our backyard. So we turned on the portable air conditioner, it definitely makes our house cooler. We had a wiener roast one night, steaks cooked over the fire another night, and time spent with family. It doesn't get better than that. It was a good long weekend here. I really didn't want to go to work today. I didn't win the lottery...so off to work I go!!!

We had to go rescue the father in law's wife. She got a flat tire when we out grocery shopping. He just had shoulder replacement surgery on Thursday, so he called for us to go help her out. We had to laugh at her...she was pulling out to go home and someone pointed to her that something was wrong with her tire...so she just quickly backed up...and ended up backing into a handicap stall. Go figure!!!! So we had to give her a little tease about that. We ended up having to call AMA to come...as the cheap aluminum rim had melted and fused onto the rotar head. The guy with AMA was able to bang it off easily enough...then he changed the tire. Soon she was on her way back to take care of Dad. But we just had to tease her a little for her choice of spots to park in.

Woke up this morning to rain...again. Ugh...hope that the sun comes back again soon. It was just sooo nice to get some warmth. Oh well...I can't control the weather.

I hope everyone has a good day today!!!!

Yeah, MonyK, I hate people that toss pets that have no chance, unless someone helps them. One Christmas, a police officer was called, as someone thought a child was crying in the dumpster. Nope, a bag of puppies, just born, with their umbilical cords still on them, eyes closed. Well, of course, since my dad used to work with the police, he got one of those puppies, and we had to buy ***** milk from the vet, to feed. Well, she grew up to be a great mutt, and lived with me while I was in college. She was such a happy people dog, as everyone wanted to walk and pet her. When I got married, I left her with my mom, as she got quite attached to that dog. 16 years we had her.

Yeah Mac, it really was called that milk. We had to feed her with a small eye dropper, and then a bottle when she got bigger. The first couple of days, we thought she would not make it, but was a fighter, and had a good life, I think.

No lunchtime walk, garlicky pizza, that made me find sweet. But after storm, beautiful sunny afternoon. Traffic was not too bad, and drinking some tea.

Hope you are doing well, Mac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter