Paper books are the only ones I read

Wonder when Empress Janet will be here?
Maybe she is lucky and sleeping in this morning

After a year It still slips my mind I use a fob to start my car
Lol

Wonder when Empress Janet will be here?
Maybe she is lucky and sleeping in this morning

Yes, hope the birthday girl stops by today to say a big hello...….

Strangely, I got a rather timely call asking me this morning if I wanted a Kindle as a birthday gift this year...….lol.....er, no thanks....have you just met me, was my response to long time friend...….I think she buys them for her company and they have a surplus lol.....I usually get a bottle of wine and some yankee candles from her.....stick to what you know I like was my response...….real books for me too. I`m still trying to get through Doctor Sleep......follow up to The Shining......it`s good but I struggle with some of Stephen King`s books. The Langoliers was relentless!!! And eventually I gave up on that one...….

So much for the storm predicted...….we have gorgeous sunshine and it`s boiling hot......and I`m making curry for dinner as Kyle is out tonight. It`ll be lovely though.....nice bottle of wine and maybe a movie......haven't done much today except go out this morning and pick up some nice things and then home.

Hope everyone`s Friday is just lovely...….

quick drive by-lunch break
Safe travels to Sue! one of these days we will get to DL! Charade B's hair is gorgeous!
Boy is still sick, but doesn't seem worse or better. He did eat last night.
Yesterday was our anniversary (at AKL and dinner at Jiko this time last year). Dh did go Tuesday and get the boy cold med and wine-but he got the one kind I do not like-Moscato!. He also texted me yesterday and said he didn't feel great, so I stopped by store to get stuff for dinner (shrimp cocktail apps, seared scallops, angel hair pasta with herbs and tomatoes from garden, steamed broccoli, lemon meringue pie) and got 3 bottle of wine. I get home and big bunch of roses, a plant, and 3 bottles of the wine I like LOL! So our wine cooler is now stocked for bit!. He also made chocolate covered strawberries. We ate those instead of the pie.
I just do NOT want it right now as I leave in a week! Cloroxing everything
We watched it last night. I can definitely see how this could be a very creepy house.

Wow sounds like quite the show! gray and rainy here today, but not storming.
Yeah with thirsty thursday and now stocked in wine I will be having a glass tonight.

Hello to everyone i missed!
Hope your boy is feeling better soon! But how nice to come home to flowers and wine! I don’t like Moscato either. Too sweet.

:wave2: Quick morning stop in

Sue...love getting those mani/pedis before a trip. It is part of the excitement of the upcoming trip! Do you have the suitcases out yet? I'm usually a day before packer...but things I can pile up earlier I will make a pile earlier to pack on packing day. The excitement just keeps building!!!!

Robo...you gotta love all the halloween decorations for the house,. I don't decorate much now that the kids are grown...but I used to do lots as well. I would love to set up a haunted house party at least one time. I think it would be sooo fun to do. But there is a couple of neighbourhoods that get together and have one haunted yard/garage. They are super fun to visit. And each year there is one haunted farm. It is VERY good. They do charge admission - which is donated later to different charities. But they do an awesome job of putting together a whole experience. There are huge lineups most nights to get in to see it...even in the cold temperatures. We have worm mitts and toques with a Timmy's in our hands while waiting for our turn. They only let small groups go in at a time to go through the house and maze. They keep adding new things every year. My boys laugh at me because I'm the chicken of our group lol

Got to sit last night at the sewing machine and actually quilt my quilt together. I'm trying to learn to do the fancy smancy designs that you see on some of the more beautiful quilts. So last night was just doing swirls in some of the blocks. So it's all done freely moving the material around to make the design. I dropped the feed dogs ( the things that grab your material to move it through the machine ) and adjusted a few other things to make the material move around easily. This is a practice quilt...just for me to snuggle with on the chair in the evenings during winter. So we will see how it turns out. My arms are sore from trying to move all the bulk around. But so far...I'm happy with how it is turning out. They are getting better and better with each square. Hopefully I can sit down again tonight and do some more.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!
Suitcases are out, actually haven’t been put away since May trip, lol. And probably won’t be put away until I get home from Sept trip, no point!
Yesterday I took out what I possibly will take and did wash since it was a sunny day to hang out to dry. Today I’ll go thru and decide what I’ll take. I’m trying not to overpack, but never works!
We used to have 2 houses around the block that did great Halloween houses. They had children same age as mine. One house did Dracula, husband was great. They had eire lighting,decorations, piped music, and Dracula hid in the bushes and came out when you walked up the pathway! Great black cape with red satin lining. The kids all screamed but loved it! The neighbour across the street had his mom in the yard as an old witch with a cauldron in a cave with fog machine handing out the candy!
Wow your quilt sounds amazing!

Rough day today. I think I mentioned the 68 year old client whose kidney cancer has returned. Today I found out that her doctors have told her there really isn’t anything they can do except make her as comfortable as possible. She is going to start receiving palliative care.

I’ll be back tomorrow to catch up on posts.
I’m so sorry. 68 is way too young.
Sending :wave:to all of youse....
Robo, Sue, Lynne, Keisha, Schumi, Charade, pumpkin, monyk,Tink, Tinydancer, Kfish, bobbie, Rapster and......Pooh ( who has been mia the past week - bring a note from mom...)

and if I forgot anyone, it's because I am blonde

Hope you all are doing fine and enjoying the summer!

Kids in our neighborhood went back to school the other day.
I have to time when the high school bus comes to our street so I don't have to sit behind it to get into my driveway.
It has a stop for the house near me.

92 today and all of next week will be the same.
No complaints out of me for the weather.

Sue is leaving soon on vacation, Lynne and Janet also this month.
I would have to read back to see who else mentioned trips this month.

Quite a few have them in September.

Later homies.....
That’s what I blame everything on, being blond! Its way to early to go back to school! I know when I’m in Florida in Aug they go back mid Aug.

Belated Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Monyk….dinner sounded lovely!!! And hope your boy feels better soon......horrible to see them poorly......

Pumpkin.....I tried a Kindle twice....but it`s not for me. I much prefer a real book. I know how handy Kindle`s are, but I guess I`m too much of a traditionalist...….or maybe too old fashioned is the right term.....lol.....I don't carry books around with me....but will pop one or two in a suitcase or one in hand luggage, although apart from the plane I never do seem to get around to reading a book in Orlando...….in winter I sit in that room surrounded by books and that's where I do most of my reading.....big comfy chair!!! Bliss!!! I do like your vision of reading while your guys eye up shiny things......lol......

mac....I can`t believe it`s time for the kids to go back to school anywhere already...….kids here are Sept 2nd for the most part...…..and lovely weather still for you...…..that`s got to be nice!!!!

We have rain this morning, and lots of it.....started around 2am and hasn't stopped. Feels cool too. Kyle just left for work and it`s back to jackets today......

No grilling tonight as we planned...….Kyle is out for a engagement party so it`s just us again they`ll eat there. Hmmmmm…...maybe a curry again.

Have a great Friday...….
For traveling I prefer a book because if I’m going to the pool or beach I won’t leave my iPad in beach bag! A book, I don’t have to worry about theft.
Yum, love a curry!

Keishashadow :bday::cake: belated!

Today is packing day. Have to get everything sorted out, tomorrow having dinner company, the usual suspects but it’s going to be early! I need to try to get a few hrs sleep before I have to get up at 2am, to be on the road for 3am. Need to be at the airport 4:00am, 2 hrs before flight. We go thru both security and US customs here. So that’s 2 long queues. I applied for Nexus but don’t have it yet. Note on site says- Due to partial US govt shutdown wait for applications are longer. Ugh. I had hope to get it for at least Sept trip but doesn’t look like.
Saturday I’ll pack my toiletries.

Cloudy and cool today, rain coming. Mr is bummed as he’s off on a 4 day golf trip to southern interior of the province, lake country, and rain forecast there too.
Since everyone will be away, younger daughter is staying at the house to take care of the dogs.

Today is my day :). Thanks all, loving the pics hahahaha

Breakfast was

62EC0F19-B92C-4A50-B06D-CE4874B164C6.jpeg
Darth Vader speaking to me lol. I’m buzzing on sugar & java.

Dinner with jr later. He took half a day to attend don’t call me princess’ BD party tonight and finish packing for his Myrtle Beach trip tomorrow. He loves the drive, yuck, a short flight. That’s why Spirit airlines is in business lol

Later tonight, the party is scheduled at trampoline park. Wonder how high I can bounce? Actual date on our DL trip, but it was only date open to book months ago, crazy.
We didn't see the Northern Lights there, but luckily we can see them from where we live on some nights......they are incredible.....so yes, I would go back there to see them....and just wrap up warm!!
Ah, I just love hydroplaning on my way home
Better than the cars around you hydroplaning! Scary stuff, ranks up there with black ice on road
Hubby is enjoying his birthday gift I gave him. I bought him the latest IPad and the keyboard to go with it. He said he likes it. That’s all the matters.
That is a sweet present IO
saw that Universal announced a Maze Jordon Peele’s “Us”. I have never scene that. Sounds interestimg.
Me neither. Not esp thrilled with the new offering. Hoping the FB thing is more of an optional add on vs a must to to enjoy the house.
Quick drive by! Hope this finds everyone well. Busy week, getting ready for DL, 6am flight Sunday morning. So have to be on the road by 3am, drop car off at park n fly.
Went to the beach (lake) Tuesday. It was hot out! Glad I have a beach umbrella.
Yesterday had a lovely lunch for a friends birthday at the golf club. Sat on the patio with lovely views of the mountains. Could see Mt. Baker in Washington.
Today going for massage soon, then mani/pedi with daughter.
Cooler temps today.
Happy trails. Leave a light on for us:) Tried to snag tix to an America’s Got Talent taping today, never have much luck with those types of systems. Continually got shut out of the chew tapings at Epcot lol

Did u book any SWGE stuff, olga’s Cantina? Have been trying for both DL & two WDW trips...nada. Gave up for a bit, sick to death of watching the scrolling spaceship on wait pages.

Good afternoon. Up early today to get a mammogram. What a wonderful way to start the day. I don’t know what I was thinking scheduling it so early. Spent the rest of the morning running errands.

Ever had one of those nights........

Went to bed tired......couldn’t sleep......got more tired.......still couldn’t sleep........got up and started organising books in the room we keep them all........became more tired.......lay down on sofa in there.......nope......wide awake but shattered........eventually dropped off around 3am.....only to wake at 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep......look a little like an extra from TWD this morning........I usually sleep very well. Bet I sleep tonight......
I hate nights like that. I usually start to fall asleep just before it is time for me to get up.

Had lovely lunch out with friends. Went to a place that doesn’t allow smoking outside either in their grounds, so we could eat without others smoke blowing towards us.......very pleasant. It’s always busy because of that......
Sounds like a great restaurant. I hate smelling smoke when I’m trying to eat. (Or anytime really.)

Boy is still sick, but doesn't seem worse or better. He did eat last night.
Hope he is feeling better today.

Yesterday was our anniversary
Happy belated anniversary.

Got to sit last night at the sewing machine and actually quilt my quilt together.
I admire people who can sew. It’s not a talent of mine. I was barely able to sew patches on B’s Girl Scout vest.

That is so sad to hear about. Charade. I hope she is not in pain.
Thanks Lynne. I don’t think she is in too much pain right now. I know she is very weak and tired.

Ended up with more like breakfast for dinner. Eggs with bacon and ham steak, plus some green peppers and meatballs. The meatballs were for little one. While she likes bacon, not mixed with eggs. Older one added a slice of cheese with his.
Sounds really good except for the green peppers. I love breakfast for supper on occasion. One day I hope to get a waffle maker.

It is :cake: time again for another homie......keisha day today
Happy birthday Keisha!

.I tried a Kindle twice....but it`s not for me. I much prefer a real book. I know how handy Kindle`s are, but I guess I`m too much of a traditionalist...….or maybe too old fashioned is the right term...
With that, I too am an old school, I'd much rather read from a book, then reading the book electronically. Little one has many a book electronically

I am mainly a paper book person too, but I do have a few books on my iPad. Dh has a Kindle and loves it.

I suppose I should get up and be productive. Maybe I’ll start some laundry.

Charade, if it is your day off work, no need to be productive.....
Put the laundry off until tomorrow..

Happy Friday afternoon Sans family :wave2:

811B4BBE-92E0-448B-BD40-A6485F97E6BD.jpeg

Happy Birthday Keisha. Enjoy your special day.

F81CB0AA-F466-4FB9-B4CE-B8B618A8D9D0.gif

5F5BE147-BBEF-43BF-9FD9-46207A9B3653.gif

B0416CF0-55EE-418C-9B67-32EF6C82384B.gif

ick drive by! Hope this finds everyone well. Busy week, getting ready for DL, 6am flight Sunday morning. So have to be on the road by 3am, drop car off at park n fly.

Yeah!!!!!!!! Your trip is here. Hope you have safe travels on your trip.
3B5BCBE0-27EA-4FE8-B937-0B4E46870618.jpeg

Today going for massage soon, then mani/pedi with daughter.
Cooler temps today.

I love a good foo foo day.

Yesterday was our anniversary (

Happy Anniversary Monyk

26028200-013E-47CB-A90F-E17AB797ABF1.gif

Robo, Sue, Lynne, Keisha, Schumi, Charade, pumpkin, monyk,Tink, Tinydancer, Kfish, bobbie, Rapster and......Pooh ( who has been mia the past week - bring a note from mom...)

Hi Mac :wave:

I made some tuna fish salad for lunch this afternoon. I had a hankering for some.

Stopped by farmers market earlier this morning and picked up some veggies to go with salmon this evening.

Not much planned this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Sue...... curry was delicious! Hot and spicy but sweet too......hope you get your Nexus sorted out. When we applied for Global Entry it took less than 2 weeks from start to finish, now they’ve said it can be 12 weeks! Long time to wait......

Keisha.....lovely pic as always! Sugar highs can be good! Enjoy that bouncing around later.......don’t go too high!

Charade......mammograms are a necessary evil....hope it wasn’t too bad as it can be sometimes. Yes, books all the way for me........we all despise smoking and being around or anywhere near smokers.....even from a distance the smell gets everywhere.....so, yes, even though smoking is banned in all eating establishments and pubs, some still allow smoking outside,...so we don’t go outside, which is why this place is popular.....no smoking at all.......and yes, last thing you want anytime, but when you’re eating especially.

Robo.....nice to see you drop by......hope things are good with you.......

So......huge thunderstorm tonight.......right over the top of us for around an hour or so. Quite impressive........Kyle and I usually go up to the top floor and watch it out of the windows from there....but he’s out tonight and missed it.......so I stayed downstairs where Tom and I were watching Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.......with a lovely bottle of red wine. From our bought wine, not the home brew!

Very humid still.......plan to watch the second Potter film........Kyle not due home till after midnight so we may stay up, or we may not........

Bacon for breakfast tomorrow though......maybe pancakes........

We all will be over for the bacon....

Will set an extra place at the table.........kitchen table or dining room......any preference?.......:wave2:

Almost bedtime here......decided we can’t keep our eyes open any longer......will still listen out for Kyle.....habits don’t change despite him being an adult.......

Finish wine and bed..........

Yep, I can do that too Schumi, may be asleep, but know when older one comes home late. Little one too nowadays.

Have a good nights sleep.

Charade, if it is your day off work, no need to be productive.....
Put the laundry off until tomorrow..
I ended up sewing the last patches on B’s Girl Scout vest then talking a nap.
I just now tossed a couple of new tops in the laundry. Might do more later tonight.

Charade......mammograms are a necessary evil....hope it wasn’t too bad as it can be sometimes.
Yep, and I started getting them sooner than usual because my mother is a breast cancer survivor. Today they were having trouble with one of their machines, so I had to go to another and repeat some of the scans. Thankfully I only have to do this once a year.

Tonight my side is really hurting. I am praying that it is not another kidney stone. I took some pain medication. Might fall asleep again soon.

Tonight my side is really hurting. I am praying that it is not another kidney stone. I took some pain medication. Might fall asleep again soon.

Hope you don't have a kidney stone.
They are very painful, but on pain level, childbirth was a ten also

It just came to me I did not get Real on the last list the other night.

Anyone hear how she is doing?

TGIF!! Wow this week (and I worked only 4 days) lasted about 2 months LOL! Stopped for some groceries on way home-different walmart than one I usually go to as THAT one made national news for a fully armed idiot making a 2A "statement" - I say anymore about that and I will be banned.
Instant pot pot roast with potato and carrots-so good and not much left. Got a few other ingredients for other meals in the instant pot. After the power blink and wasted meal in crock-pot kinda leary about using that when no one home.
Tomorrow is Springfield Cards game, with the STL cards catcher rehabing here (Yadi! Yadi! Yadi!) And my oldest comes home from her summer internship tomorrow. She found out she got a grant to go to a conference in September in Phoenix (she has her name on a paper being presented there) so she is pretty excited. And found out she gets one more paycheck from this summer internship.

Thanks all for Anniversary wishes! And the boy well wishes-almost back to normal-at least judging by his appetite tonight.
Darth Vader speaking to me lol. I’m buzzing on sugar & java.
Love it! Happy Bday!
we all despise smoking and being around or anywhere near smokers
Me too! It is an asthma trigger as well so I really have to avoid it.
Finish wine and bed..........
Good plan! Recipe tonight called for some red wine so had to crack open a bottle...
I am praying that it is not another kidney stone. I took some pain medication.
OH I hope it is not a Kidney stone! Feel better!

Have to go school shopping tomorrow-bribing my middle to go with by promising food and coffee...

TGIF!! Wow this week (and I worked only 4 days) lasted about 2 months LOL! Stopped for some groceries on way home-different walmart than one I usually go to as THAT one made national news for a fully armed idiot making a 2A "statement" - I say anymore about that and I will be banned.
Instant pot pot roast with potato and carrots-so good and not much left. Got a few other ingredients for other meals in the instant pot. After the power blink and wasted meal in crock-pot kinda leary about using that when no one home.
Tomorrow is Springfield Cards game, with the STL cards catcher rehabing here (Yadi! Yadi! Yadi!) And my oldest comes home from her summer internship tomorrow. She found out she got a grant to go to a conference in September in Phoenix (she has her name on a paper being presented there) so she is pretty excited. And found out she gets one more paycheck from this summer internship.

Thanks all for Anniversary wishes! And the boy well wishes-almost back to normal-at least judging by his appetite tonight.
Love it! Happy Bday!
Me too! It is an asthma trigger as well so I really have to avoid it.
Good plan! Recipe tonight called for some red wine so had to crack open a bottle...

OH I hope it is not a Kidney stone! Feel better!

Have to go school shopping tomorrow-bribing my middle to go with by promising food and coffee...
Enjoy the weekend celebrate each other !

Charade ouch indeed

BD party akin to my first rave lol
4256E7CE-9B73-4E1E-BA1F-E02C35BBB0C1.jpeg3754733E-21D6-465C-B623-315887580FFB.jpeg

#2 DS came thru with my annual bouquet
A4BB5F8D-7969-4F44-839F-4EB5D034CF57.jpeg

Oh my kids can be bribed that way too, MonyK. I have to go grocery shopping. Not my idea of fun. Will probably do tomorrow.

Charade, hope it is not a kidney stone and you feel better soon. Yep, drugs and sleeping hopefully will help with the pain.

So glad I can sleep in late tomorrow. Probably not. My head gets me up early in the weekend days. Difference is, I tend to move much slower in getting up.

Lots of good dreams and sound sleeps tonight, may all the homies have.

Neat pictures and yay, for such pretty flowers, Keisha. Balloons I see as well. Party indeed.

Keisha, that is a very nice soft blonde color you have.
Glad you are having a totally "it's my birthday" type of day!

Lynne, Saturday grocery shopping ..... someday you will be able to avoid that when you retire
But you have a lot more years to go before that will happen.

monyk, Yadi is one of my favorites!

Schumi, I can smell the bacon now.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter