Something About Nothing ... #12

Tink.......know what you mean about the drivers license. With the exception of a few states that are still fighting it a majority of states are giving all drivers until 2020 to have their drivers license updated to the.....Real License...... This is even if your license is not do yet. All must be converted to Real License by 2020. You will not be able to fly without it........even if you have not heard of this call your BMV and make sure where your State stands on this. To make sure your complient by 2020.

You have to bring SS card.

Birth Certificate

Divorce Decree if you divorce and went back to maiden name

Marriage certificate

Proof of present address

You are then issued a new license which they will mail to you. It has a star in the upper right hand corner of the License.

I learned this a few months ago when I renewed.

Hello everyone :wave:... Wow I only have read a couple pages to try and catch up. Happy Birthday to all my SANS friends if I missed it!

I did read Schumigirl is on vacation. Hope it continues to be a great one:thumbsup2

Charade67- my daughter got her license in January and really is nervous about driving. I did force her yesterday to drive with me only in the car. She did good but I can see a bit of hesitation on her part. I do get nervous about her braking. I tend to say something and it makes her more nervous. I told her I will try and sit and be quiet. Meanwhile she can feel my foot hitting the imaginary brake on my side.:laughing:

My DH (Brian) just renewed his license last week. I am not looking forward to when we move to a different state the changes. I will do my homework before we go.

I wanted to come on sooner but it has been a bit of ups and downs here since getting back. Olivia's bf is having some growing pains and confusion. He is close with me as is Olivia. He has an awful relationship with his family. He has been with Olivia for 3 and a half years. He practically lives at my house. We feel like we have raised him. We always knew there were chances they would change being so young but I didn't realize it would start now. He is struggling with some ideas of what he wants which is different from Olivia's. Olivia being the proactive teen she is she told him they should just continue to be best friends for now. He really needs to see where he wants to go with his life. Olivia has her sights on college, career, family and ready to go. He is looking for more laid back fun things. Even though she knows it was best it is hard and awkward for her. He considers us his family and loves being here. Nothing has changed as far as that. I am not upset with anyone and glad they area being mature. Olivia is having some sadness, so I have been spending more talking time with her. She is happy he is still here and in her life. They are so good and supportive to each other. Every day is a little better. Olivia's autism keeps her from changing things in her life. She doesn't go through the same changes as a typical teen. Charlie is a typical teen so I kind of expected it. I feel bad for both of them that they are struggling a bit. It is clear they love each other in their own way. The only thing we can do is be there for them. He makes it clear he wants to still live with us when he goes to college in Florida. I know all the moms and dads here understand:angel:

I am glad to be back! I missed having my DIS friends to chat with. I am off to bring their other two best friends home and fry cutlets tonight. It is a family favorite but so much work:sad2:

I hope everyone continues to have a great Monday:goodvibes

Hey all. Was out grilling the steaks yesterday and the light shower turned ugly. High winds, sky got black, rushed the process & ran into the house. As I was putting out rest of dinner heard wind like never before, even the hurricane in FL 2 years ago.

It took out neighbor to right of me a small three foot circumference tree and tossed it on neighbors pickup. Bed messed up pretty bad, not sure if totalled or not. It’s the tree on the left of me that gives me the willies though. It’s circumference has to be at least 15 feet. One of it’s large branches crashed down, landed a few feet from our house. Basically, it went airborne!

Our roof leaked a little from deluge, that’s a First. Need to get up there and peek to see if any shingles blew off. What’s really weird was an hour late the sky was blue and we were all out in the pool.

Paid off balance on upcoming trip. Glad I checked to see if TA had it set up as a package vs the transitional type (pay first night & rest of deposit). Ridiculous really, not even a reminder email from TA. One of the reasons I rarely use them unless the price is drastically discounted is what I deem a definite lack of service/knowledge. Well, that & the loss of ability to control the reservation lol.

Unfortunately I can't renew online since the last time I renewed the requirement changed to a one time thing where you have to verify your identity and bring ss card, marriage license, birth certificate and utility bills etc. and after that you get to renew online.

Tink, that's interesting. We can do online forever. Just have to come in when after paying to renew, to get your mug shot again. That was me, last year.

Have to renew my AP that expires the day after my birthday. May do it in person this year. Every year, since picking it up in the park, renewed by phone. Hey, and happy a bonus 3 month this year. Means may get 2 Octobers out of it, this year, Mouse at beginning of October, then Dark Side until after Columbus Day. Thinking mouse end of September and first week of October for Dark Side. May not stay over Columbus Day next year. And egad, maybe even going end of April next year, for hopefully, riding a float or two in the Dark Side. Serious thought. Have to use that SW credit from August by end of May next year.

Nothing like a SWA credit burning a hole in your pocket!

Tink.......know what you mean about the drivers license. With the exception of a few states that are still fighting it a majority of states are giving all drivers until 2020 to have their drivers license updated to the.....Real License...... This is even if your license is not do yet. All must be converted to Real License by 2020. You will not be able to fly without it........even if you have not heard of this call your BMV and make sure where your State stands on this. To make sure your complient by 2020.

Birth Certificate

Marriage certificate

Proof of present address

You are then issued a new license which they will mail to you. It has a star in the upper right hand corner of the License.

PA was fighting it tooth & nail. Not surprising as they still use stone tablets & chisels in our state government. DH got the enhanced one this year. He has CDL which requires another layer of security to jump thru here, which I’m all for BTW!

I still have old one, renewal not until Aug ‘20. Looks like i’ll Be lugging my passport on trips

Birth Certificate

Marriage certificate

Proof of present address

When I moved to Georgia in 2015, the state was already in the program of Real License.
They started it July 2012.
(Illinois won't have it until 2019)

I have the GA license with the 5 point gold star in the right upper corner of my licsense

I have a bit over 2 more years before it expires.

You know when someone talks about something, you think, I wonder if that will effect me.

Went and checked my DL and saw I was fine.
But that was after I posted to Tink about the renewals..

:welcome: back home bobbie68

I'm glad you started your trip report!

Charlie and Olivia will stay friends and things will work out
They are both young and their minds will grow more after the bodies stop growing.

He will always be your son!

keisha! Is this the neighbors you like or detest?
I need to know which side to root for.......

Do I say, oh my that is awful or do I say, Woot.......

We got our afternoon rain and now humidity is at 90%.
But temps are down a tad.

Very normal for us to get showers in the summer time and the sun comes back out.

Last week lawn was mowed bout a few hours after that downpour.

Oppressive humidity tonight. Ripe for a thunderstorm to break out. We get that line of storms Keisha had, tomorrow afternoon. Sorry to hear of all the destructive wind did. Humidity will be just as bad tomorrow, as a cold front will give us a nicer day after the storms finish.

Quiet night. Chicken Parm and pasta for dinner. I must look like the cook, as soon as the kids came home, we are hungry, why dinner not made yet. Um, I like to relax when I get home.

Bobbie, hugs and nice that you are helping that boy as much as your own. I am still nervous when little one drives, and it has been almost a year. Hehe, older one says my nail marks are still on his front passenger door. Yeah, that mom break is still sometimes applied.

Good evening everyone. Today was just another average day. I sent dh out driving with B today. Why should I have all the fun?

Dinner tonight was meatloaf, green bean “crack”, and Hawaiian dinner rolls. I’m trying to decide if I want to cook the Pilsbury cinnamon rolls that have been inf the fridge for several weeks.

Hotel is beautiful, we stayed here last year so we knew it would be, but The Towers are a different level......we have an amazing view of Rockefeller Centre again, but because we are so high up we can see ESB and over to the river.
I’m having flashbacks of my trip to the Top of the Rock.

I have to renew my driver's license sometime before the first. Guess I'll have to do that tomorrow and hope I have everything required since the new renewal process started just after my last renewal.
I have no idea when mine expires. When we moved 2 years ago I did a change of address at the DMV so I could get a new picture. The new picture looks worse than the old one.

Jacket was on, then off, then when hair on arms were standing up, jacket back on
This is me at work. I don’t know why we can’t keep a constant temperature.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I have the normal things planned yet again. I need to come up with something good to give myself as a present since my family is hopeless. My husband grew up with birthdays being no big deal so he doesn't quite understand adults doing more than getting a cake. I want to go somewhere but haven't decided where yet. (I wouldn't actually go on my birthday but a trip a different weekend).
Happy birthday! I hope you find a fun place for a birthday trip. My poor husband was born on Christmas Eve, so we always make a point of celebrating his birthday. I’m also a December baby, so I know what it’s like to get forgotten in the holiday festivities.

Thinking mouse end of September and first week of October for Dark Side.
We did that week way back in 1996 (first anniversary). I think it was our best Disney/Universal trip.

Charade67- my daughter got her license in January and really is nervous about driving. I did force her yesterday to drive with me only in the car. She did good but I can see a bit of hesitation on her part. I do get nervous about her braking. I tend to say something and it makes her more nervous. I told her I will try and sit and be quiet. Meanwhile she can feel my foot hitting the imaginary brake on my side.:laughing:
It will be a while before B gets her license. She was too scared to learn when she was 15/16, so now it looks like she won’t get the license until after she turns 18.

It took out neighbor to right of me a small three foot circumference tree and tossed it on neighbors pickup. Bed messed up pretty bad, not sure if totalled or not. It’s the tree on the left of me that gives me the willies though. It’s circumference has to be at least 15 feet. One of it’s large branches crashed down, landed a few feet from our house. Basically, it went airborne!

Our roof leaked a little from deluge, that’s a First. Need to get up there and peek to see if any shingles blew off. What’s really weird was an hour late the sky was blue and we were all out in the pool.
Scary weather. It’s stories like this that makes me glad we only have one tree. We need to have a couple of shingles replaced. There are two lying on our deck right now.

I think those cinnamon rolls are calling. Time for dessert.

Yeah Keisha, darn DMV, blame our state’s inertia background? Not like they did not know this requirement was going to be live.
Annoying, more than anything why we are not compliant. Why we also have passports. I have little faith in 2 years, I will have a Real ID conplant driver license. I would really like to be wrong, and we get one in the next year. Won’t help my two trips this year.

Well I'm an idiot who forgot the price of the room I booked at RPR and have been subtracting the amount I was gonna pay for Aventura instead. So I've been planning on that budget and not the one that's an extra $600. So I switched back. Tho I'm considering doing Sapphire instead, but the $100 credit is tempting. But still, I was really looking forward to going back to RPR. Poop. I just needed to vent to people who'd understand lol.

Well I'm an idiot who forgot the price of the room I booked at RPR and have been subtracting the amount I was gonna pay for Aventura instead. So I've been planning on that budget and not the one that's an extra $600. So I switched back. Tho I'm considering doing Sapphire instead, but the $100 credit is tempting. But still, I was really looking forward to going back to RPR. Poop. I just needed to vent to people who'd understand lol.

My kind of people......

I love the ones that whine and are indecisive.....

Makes me not feel alone

I’m sure they’re in good paws. Extra cuddles and some treats when u get home & all will be forgiven.

Aww!! That's cute! Yep- our pet sitter is great!! She sends pictures every day!!

I am glad to be back! I missed having my DIS friends to chat with. I am off to bring their other two best friends home and fry cutlets tonight. It is a family favorite but so much work:sad2:

Hi Bobbie!!

Paid off balance on upcoming trip

:banana: That's the best feeling!!

Hi everyone!! I've been away from my computer! Had two great beach days here!! So, I'm trying to catch up with you!! It was nice to be "unplugged" from the electronics. I just used my phone to take pictures. We've had wonderful seafood dinners! This evening after dinner, we went to Jockey's Ridge. It's a HUGE sand dune- it's like climbing up a mountain. And at the top it looks like you're in the Sahara desert!

IMG_2177_opt.jpg

We fly home tomorrow night!! It's been nice to spend time with Kyle & Erin! Will miss my boy sooo much!! But very happy and excited for both of them!!

Hey Robbie ...I feel for you but you will have more $ for HHN stuff and the rooftop bar looks awesome.

Glad patty is enjoying her beach time.

Bad news is my dryer went out while Danielle was doing the laundry today...she tends to overload so I'm not too surprised. My appliance guy retired so I was worrying that I would have to get a new dryer. It sounded like the belt so she looked on YouTube and it seems like an easy fix. We took off the top of the dryer and no belt was visible so we ordered a new belt ... we will see in a few days.

Macraven- Thanks for the support kind words and welcoming me back. I agree with what you said. It is so hard to see them struggling with such life issues when there is so much going on already. I can still see how much they care for each other. In this day with these young people you don't see it that much.

LynneG- Thanks I have always been the one that had all the kids over to hang out. When he came into our live three and a half years ago there was something special and different. My husband and I do think of him like our own and that is why we are not closing the door on him. I am so glad Olivia and him can work it out. I am glad so many moms can understand the driving thing.

PattyW- Thanks and hi to you too. I am glad to hear you are doing such a nice relaxing visit. When we went to visit my aunt in Cape Coral we went to Fort Myers Beach for awhile it was so nice. I love sea food dinners.

Charade67- I am glad that your daughter is going to get it. Better late than never.

I'm glad you check in with us pattyw
About to call out the doggies to go find youse...

safe travels back home.

Thanks, Mac! It's been hard to be off of my computer!

Yay! Patty having a great beach time, and full of seafood. Safe travel tomorrow.

Thanks Lynne!!

Glad patty is enjoying her beach time.

Thanks Tink!!

Bad news is my dryer went out while Danielle was doing the laundry today...she tends to overload so I'm not too surprised. My appliance guy retired so I was worrying that I would have to get a new dryer. It sounded like the belt so she looked on YouTube and it seems like an easy fix. We took off the top of the dryer and no belt was visible so we ordered a new belt ... we will see in a few days.

:goodvibes on the dryer!! Hope it's just the belt!!

PattyW- Thanks and hi to you too. I am glad to hear you are doing such a nice relaxing visit. When we went to visit my aunt in Cape Coral we went to Fort Myers Beach for awhile it was so nice. I love sea food dinners.

Thanks Bobbie! and :grouphug: to you guys! It's hard to watch your kids go through a tough time! We're here for you!

Hello Homies! Sorry I haven't been posting much. A lot happening in the Agave household. Between the AC going out and taking two visits by the repairman to fix, my pre-op appointments, DH being laid off, then getting called to run another job, then laid off again, a female relative weekend to see West Side Story in Minneapolis and my son losing a friend....I've been a bit preoccupied.

The AC is finally fixed with the final part installed at the Townhouse.

Today was a series of preoperative appointments: lab, xray, physical and Anesthesia consultation. It took all morning. My potassium is low due to one of my medications so I've been put on a suppliment. After my morning at the University Clinic, I had an evening appointment with my GP for medication management. Dinner was Subway.

DH just finished a job working 12 hour days on the weekend. They want him to run another job in a few weeks. We don't know how that is going to work due to my surgery. He has requested the time off.

Saturday night I stayed in Minneapolis at a hotel. My sister flew in from Albuquerque, My mom, nieces and Sister-in law drove down from Northern MN and my another sister-in-law and niece just drove over from their suburban home and we all went to West Side Story. The level of coordination to get this plan off the ground was astounding.

A friend of my son's has been declared "brain dead" or some other euphemism and is hooked up to machines to help her breathe. Prognosis is bad. He doesn't know what happened. He is beside himself and I have been trying to counsel him between doctor appointments.

Whew! That was a lot to type.

Schumi, keep those live reports coming. I need the inspiration.

Those of you attending HHN this year, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Glad to hear from Patty and welcome home Bobbie.

Well Miss Wednesday that was a lot to read

Having the ac fixed, your husband’s job, your son’s friend medical condition and you flunked the potassium test....

You’ve had a lot on your plate

I’m sending you :grouphug:
from all of us homies here

Have you in my prayer list !

Your surgery is coming soon and I just know it will be fine
You will recover and be able to do back flips one year from now

For those of us going to hhn, we will send you highlights and pictures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter