Something About Nothing ... #12

I win lazy award for dinner yesterday, made hoagies. Did wait till it cooled off and made my meatballs @ 9 pm last night. Today my sauce (gravy as they call it out Lynne’s way) is on tap, but that’s for tomorrow’s feast. No idea what dinner will be today, maybe burgers on grill & corn on cob.

Thinking of trying to make my sauce in crockpot, not sure that’s a thing lol. Hmmm. Kids whine if no pasta with whatever special meal, treat it as a side dish. Need to run out and finish my grocery list & grab the steaks & try to find artichokes which have eluded me this week, maybe out of season? Whee, i really hate shopping on Saturday.

Thanks Charade, DH and I really enjoyed the first Ant Man. We also enjoyed Deadpool and Dr. Strange. Good to hear this one may actually live up to the commercials.

Loved Dr strange, didn’t expect to like it.

Happy Birthday to my sweet granddaughter

View attachment 336867

View attachment 336866

Hey, they’re almost BD twins! Happy happy to the new ‘adult’ GD!

More :cake: for Janet’s boy also :bday:

Can’t believe he is all grown up

So he had his big day a few days ago and today Janet gets to do the bd party for him

Lol i moan & groan but absolutely love doing it :). What i’m looking forward to doing is searching out a vintage box of trading cards he finally selected for his present. Local sports card store, don’t fail me now!

Have a good one all, stay cool!

Plain home fries, cheesy home fries, and a cheese omelet to split with older one. Yum, and as you would expect, the first item was fried separately for little one. Eggs, and eggs with cheese are a no for her. Same with cheese in the taters. Brunch made by mom. Yeah, was getting almost too hot in the kitchen, limited menu. Ice cream pops to round it out. Will be a hot and humid day. And lucky, my Dsis called, would like us to visit tomorrow. Pool time then!

So, have to yell once again at slow as pond moving little one. If I unplug the router, that might get her attention. Eh, not for her phone though. Gotta go, as got gas early this morning, and now have to pay some bills and shop. I swear, food just flies out of our house.

Have a good Saturday, all. Keisha, good luck on that card hunt. Yum, I would eat those homemade meatballs. Yes, red gravy is yum too.

714E4DD0-F5E5-4287-A623-8180ACF65035.jpeg It is the Happy Birthday song, birthday celebrations on tap!

:bday::bday: for the birthday kids (well maybe kidults for some)

Friends came in town last night. I declined to go out-still recovering from late nights/early mornings in Chicago.
Squabbling over which flight down to Florida in August. And whether to make son come with (he doesn't want to, but logistics of getting someone to watch him are proving a challenge), middle kid will stay at friends for a couple nights that need it, she has band camp she can't miss. Oh-and DH insists on going to cardinal day game - in August-full sun-on day I want to fly out. Can fly out that evening but it will mean not getting to resort until nearly midnight. Maybe I will go earlier with all the bags, he can hang with friends til later flight. hmmm...

Oh and my "other daughter"-the one that stayed last summer with us-is coming for visit in August! She will be here 2 days after we leave for Florida and stay a couple weeks to visit her friends here. She will be with the kids the few days we will be gone (except first 2), so that works great. DD went to Tallahassee to visit her this week.

Chances of rain today-still lots of sun-really need the rain.
Harry potter day on the tube. Not sure what is for dinner. Tossed together breakfast casserole for crockpot last night, so easy breakfast this am.

Really need to do laundry...

How old is your son that wants to pass on the Orlando vacation?
he is 12. Says he has done enough Disney, doesn't even want to go back to Universal. If my daughter wasn't going to use all her free passes on her friend visiting I'd propose he bring a friend, if his parents could pay for plane ticket...

Happy Birthday to Keisha’s oldest baby boy

Happy Birthday to my sweet granddaughter

:bday: to Keisha's son!

:bday:to Robo's granddaughter!!

Happy Saturday all!! We drove to OBX today!! Love this place! We went out for dinner to Captain George's Seafood buffet! So many choices! Here's one of my plates! I had a few more plates of crab legs! :rolleyes1

IMG_2143_opt.jpg

Tomorrow is a beach day!! We stopped at the Brew Thru for some beer, hard lemonade, and snacks!!:) Early to bed and early to rise- not sure if I'll make sunrise but we'll see!:sunny:

Yeah, 12 is a hard age. I think that was the age older one was, when we were at our last day in Disneyland, and he said to me, mom, I think we are done Disney. And we were, for years.

And here, 12 is the minimum age for babysitting. Though when my kids were that age, still had an adult in charge of them.

Dinner: Yum, 3 different kinds of dumplings and pho noodles mixed with cheesesteak (steak, cheese, onions and peppers)and ones mixed with chicken pot pie (chicken, gravy, vegetables and pieces of pie crust). All gone. Hit the spot.

Feels like a Saturday, and that is a good thing.

And aww, little one is getting excited about our August trip. We are leaving on my birthday. She thought that was sad. I said no way, we will be on vacation.

Which reminds me, hope Schumi and her DH are enjoying their first night in NYC.

And yay! A Patty report from the beach. Hey, you should be like my kids. Vacation means no early to rise.

We did not feel like dinner tonight

Made a salad and grilled cheese sandwiches and called it dinner

Monyk 12 is a tough age
I bet he would enjoy the motherland if he could have one if his friends with him

And aww, little one is getting excited about our August trip. We are leaving on my birthday. She thought that was sad. I said no way, we will be on vacation.

Celebrating a birthday while on vacation is the best!!:cheer2:

And yay! A Patty report from the beach. Hey, you should be like my kids. Vacation means no early to rise.

Yep- the kids won't be joining us early AM!! I'm thinking coffee and a danish on the beach and maybe a nap?? We have a beach tent so we'll be out of the sun!

Enjoying our little vacation, but I do miss my cats!!:love:

images

Yay to Patty beach report! Sounds fabulous!

The 12 year old is just being a stinker. But he has been 3 times this past year...
Ah well-will be less expensive-can cancel 2 nights of Pop reservation as I had the last 2 days overlapping with AKV for our anniversary. DD and son were going to stay in the Pop room after the 7th. Plus possibly less food expense. Might be able to swing that surprise BDay trip for middle after all in September.
Finally booked flights-DH went for my idea of him going later after ball game, with me going earlier with the bags. Will let DME handle checked bags anyway.
We are leaving on my birthday
whoop! how fun! For march trip we left the day before my bday-was fun to celebrate at WDW! We are leaving this August on DH bday...

Dinner was Imo's Pizza. Mmmmm. Have to remember to throw roast into crockpot for tomorrow. Planning French dip sandwiches. May finally get a bit more rain tomorrow.

Good evening everyone. Almost time for me to turn into a pumpkin. Nothing interesting to report today.

I guess I’m rather fortunate. B has so far not grown tired of Disney or Univerasal. Of course she is now more interested in Harry Potter and Star Wars than princesses, but I think she would still stand in line to get a picture with her favorite princess.

Why yes it is Mac.

6CD37AD0-77BE-428B-A6F6-D39400EBA7D4.jpeg

See, the sun is up, the sky looks like a beautiful morning is enfolding.

I hear older one up, so Sunday morning laundry and trash out the door will continue with some help. Then, since will be 93 and pretty hot and humid this afternoon, pool time.

So, Schumi, stay cool just North of me, Patty, do not get sunburn, and have a blast enjoying the beach today, Mac, Tink, Robo, and Charade, keep cool too, stay in the AC.

With that, I need to take a peek in older’s room. I swear I heard him moving. Later homies, super duper Sunday to all the homies.

Tea and coffee on, a nice morning for sure.

Morning all, icky here (high humidity & temps already). Pool activities may be a wash out today with the gang, figure the grilling will be soggy going

DH suggested hitting up chinese buffet yesterday for dinner, didn’t have to ask me twice. The local joint does sushi well. It’s not Orchird Court but neither are the prices.

Hot day again here

Hoping for rain

Did wishes come true? :)

he is 12. Says he has done enough Disney, doesn't even want to go back to Universal. If my daughter wasn't going to use all her free passes on her friend visiting I'd propose he bring a friend, if his parents could pay for plane ticket...

Familiarity breeds contempt. All mine went thru it, didn’t take long when on their own dime before they came a-knocking to return with us lol
:bday: to Keisha's son!

:bday:to Robo's granddaughter!!

Happy Saturday all!! We drove to OBX today!! Love this place! We went out for dinner to Captain George's Seafood buffet! So many choices! Here's one of my plates! I had a few more plates of crab legs! :rolleyes1

View attachment 336963

Tomorrow is a beach day!! We stopped at the Brew Thru for some beer, hard lemonade, and snacks!!:) Early to bed and early to rise- not sure if I'll make sunrise but we'll see!:sunny:

Thanks! Never did OBX, we’re MB people as we enjoy varied activities at night. If that restaurant is part of the chain, count me in. One of the best seafood buffets, a must do @ MB for us.

Just booked a new resort there for Jr & his buds, driving down mid August. Any major road construction on the way down?

We did not feel like dinner tonight

Made a salad and grilled cheese sandwiches and called it dinner

Monyk 12 is a tough age
I bet he would enjoy the motherland if he could have one if his friends with him

Never have tried that. Idea of being solely responsible for someone else’s kid that long gives me the willies.

Celebrating a birthday while on vacation is the best!!:cheer2:

Yep- the kids won't be joining us early AM!! I'm thinking coffee and a danish on the beach and maybe a nap?? We have a beach tent so we'll be out of the sun!

Enjoying our little vacation, but I do miss my cats!!:love:

images

I’m sure they’re in good paws. Extra cuddles and some treats when u get home & all will be forgiven.

Yay to Patty beach report! Sounds fabulous!

The 12 year old is just being a stinker. But he has been 3 times this past year...
Ah well-will be less expensive-can cancel 2 nights of Pop reservation as I had the last 2 days overlapping with AKV for our anniversary. DD and son were going to stay in the Pop room after the 7th. Plus possibly less food expense. Might be able to swing that surprise BDay trip for middle after all in September.
Finally booked flights-DH went for my idea of him going later after ball game, with me going earlier with the bags. Will let DME handle checked bags anyway.
whoop! how fun! For march trip we left the day before my bday-was fun to celebrate at WDW! We are leaving this August on DH bday...

Dinner was Imo's Pizza. Mmmmm. Have to remember to throw roast into crockpot for tomorrow. Planning French dip sandwiches. May finally get a bit more rain tomorrow.

I like plan B & the way you think. Cannot wait to do our BD trippee in a month.

Good evening everyone. Almost time for me to turn into a pumpkin. Nothing interesting to report today.

I guess I’m rather fortunate. B has so far not grown tired of Disney or Univerasal. Of course she is now more interested in Harry Potter and Star Wars than princesses, but I think she would still stand in line to get a picture with her favorite princess.

Can’t say i argue with that whole push against the helpless princess mentality with girls over a certain age. GD was over them after getting over-saturated with Frozen. The look on her face when i reminded her SW’s Leia was a princess too. All in the delivery, WDW has started to make strides there at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter