Something About Nothing ... #12

I sat up to midnight to make this post to a very special homie

:bday: Kohlby!

:cake: for everyone

Have a great day and celebrate

It’s your day and it will be a fun one for youse !

Hey Robbie ...I feel for you but you will have more $ for HHN stuff and the rooftop bar looks awesome.

Not really, cause I've already been subtracting what the total cost of aventura is when I've been doing my budget, so I wont have any more than what I thought. I just wont have a surprise extra 600 taken from me if I didn't realize the mistake in my math till I got to rpr lol.

Lots of hugs Agavegirl. So hard, when lots on your table. Happy to hear your AC got fixed. The humidity this morning, sweating just stepping outside. AC needed in summer. Very hard to see your kid going through sad times, and DH not having a steady job. Sending both of them hugs too. And I hope all the tests and scans give you the green light for having a totally successful operation. Lots of well wishes and mummy dust sent.

Eek, Tink, no dryer. Hope it is an easy fix. I'm on my first dryer still, but 2nd washer. Kids stuff they washer full, and both the dryer and washer eat socks, apparently, too.

With that,
images
. That's right, eat a taco, or upload_2018-7-17_6-47-48.jpeg

So, time for tea, the AC is cranking quite a bit this morning. The sun is shining, but clouds are a comin'. Then all breaks loose with a thunderstorm, bringing lots of rain, and high winds. But by the evening, ah, less humidity and a pretty sunset.

Have a totally good Tuesday. Sending lots of good thoughts that all homies have a great day, and hey, a Taco Bell run or two should make it better. ::yes::

:drinking1

Glad to hear from Patty

Thanks!

I'm sending lots of :grouphug: and prayers your way!!

:bday: to Kohlby!!

Lynne- tacos sound good!!

Happy Tuesday! Going down to walk along the beach and enjoy the waves one last time before getting packed up!

upload_2018-7-17_8-7-0.jpeg

Have a great day all!!

Not really, cause I've already been subtracting what the total cost of aventura is when I've been doing my budget, so I wont have any more than what I thought. I just wont have a surprise extra 600 taken from me if I didn't realize the mistake in my math till I got to rpr lol.
I take it back then :duck:
At least you have the $100 dining credit :flower1:

:bday: again to kohlby.

:grouphug: agavegirl...what a rough time...hope you enjoyed seeing West Side Story anyway.

Glad I didn't have to work yesterday since a heavy rainstorm flooded the area where I work. We often have flash flood warnings but I've never seen it happen in all the years since i've been here. Good news is the roads are all clear now. Funny thing is we live 25 miles away and it barely sprinkled.

I was going to do laundry today but I guess I'll reorganize my bedroom instead. I have several storage boxes to sort through and I need to donate the clothes I never wear.

Have a great day and a taco too :goodvibes

Ok, I went back to Aventura, but booked the deluxe queen instead of the skyline since the deluxe are 395 sq ft. Wheeee

Back to work!

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Birthday Kohlby!

Im sending good thoughts to Agave and Bobbie!

Waving Hi to Tink, MAc, Lynne, Patty, Robo, Rap, Schumi and anyone else I missed.

I fell into a piece of cake yesterday - so today is back on my eating plan.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Agavegirl1 sounds like you have been a busy lady getting ready for surgery and with all the other things going on in your life. Hugs :hug: and prayers for you as you get ready for surgery and for son also as he says goodbye to a good friend :hug:.

bobbie68 great to see you back

A31E3403-5A30-4257-BAFF-17AD12810DE5.gif

Enjoy your walk on the beach this morning. Safe travels home Pattyw.

Morning Mac and Lynne. Taco Tuesday is good. We are having Mexican food for dinner tonight.

Tink hope you and your daughter can get the dryer fixed.

The Momma deer brought her baby fawn up to the window this morning. The little deer is getting bigger. They came up in the back yard while I was out yesterday.

Robo...how special that the mama deer brought her baby to visit you. One of my favorite memories with my mom was seeing a mama deer and twin fawns cross the road in front of us when we were traveling to go shopping in town. A rare sight and it made our day.

I fell into a piece of cake yesterday - so today is back on my eating plan.

I know what you mean ck...I fell into a bowl of ice cream last night :rolleyes1

I fell into a bag of Southern Barbecue potato chips last night......LOL.....hope I can redeem myself today, but they were good ::yes::

Have to allow some extra treats sometime.

Hey! ckmiles :wave:

Sounds lovely Robo, deer watching. Hope you and family are doing well.

Hey Mac, hope those cats made ya coffee.

CK, nice to hear from ya. Eh, must have had, let them eat cake, in your head, and just had to act. We all just fall off sometimes. Fell into making my own milkshake late night. I was hot, even with the AC on. Hope you have a great day.

RAPstar, I think you'll be happy with your final choice. And hey, $100 of food can buy quite a bit. And, looking at the food court there, I'm going to take a trip over, just to look at it, and maybe buy something to eat. Everything will be new, and that's awesome. Quick ride to the parks, and great views from the rooms. Roof top bar. You're set.

images
.... it's going to be a long day. And a very hot and humid one. No real breeze to speak of.

Follow on homies.

Morning all! Just polishing off my Prime Day order. Not too much exciting but did get two Star Trek boxed sets for jr/Xmas, the $25 GC w/$5 credit, Norton Sec code for $20 (always scrambling when the desktop’s is expiring) & a pre order for Frommer’s Hawaii book. :)

Quick jaunt up to roof, appears something blew on it and clogged downspout. Mr cleared it out and ran house. We shall see next big rain I suppose. Scares the bejesus out of me when he gets up there on front of house, 3 story type set up.

party:To Kohlby!

:welcome: back home bobbie68

I'm glad you started your trip report!

Charlie and Olivia will stay friends and things will work out
They are both young and their minds will grow more after the bodies stop growing.

He will always be your son!

keisha! Is this the neighbors you like or detest?
I need to know which side to root for.......

Do I say, oh my that is awful or do I say, Woot.......

We got our afternoon rain and now humidity is at 90%.
But temps are down a tad.

Very normal for us to get showers in the summer time and the sun comes back out.

Last week lawn was mowed bout a few hours after that downpour.

Still sticky here, they are promising a cold front tomorrow.

Detest doesn’t quite cover it. I notice he took down his zip line cord that infringes on the woods/power company’s land. Built a large storage shed there too. Live on street with three councilmen, the zoning rules don’t necessarily apply equally to all here.

Well I'm an idiot who forgot the price of the room I booked at RPR and have been subtracting the amount I was gonna pay for Aventura instead. So I've been planning on that budget and not the one that's an extra $600. So I switched back. Tho I'm considering doing Sapphire instead, but the $100 credit is tempting. But still, I was really looking forward to going back to RPR. Poop. I just needed to vent to people who'd understand lol.

That happens, good thing u caught now vs later. When the APH rates come out, if you don’t have one, don’t forget to run the numbers on upgrading to the cheapest version to see if the hotel rates are cheaper or even a wash for possible trip next year.
Hey Robbie ...I feel for you but you will have more $ for HHN stuff and the rooftop bar looks awesome.

Glad patty is enjoying her beach time.

Bad news is my dryer went out while Danielle was doing the laundry today...she tends to overload so I'm not too surprised. My appliance guy retired so I was worrying that I would have to get a new dryer. It sounded like the belt so she looked on YouTube and it seems like an easy fix. We took off the top of the dryer and no belt was visible so we ordered a new belt ... we will see in a few days.

Well that absolutely sux, sorry to hear. Hope it comes back to life!
Hello Homies! Sorry I haven't been posting much. A lot happening in the Agave household. Between the AC going out and taking two visits by the repairman to fix, my pre-op appointments, DH being laid off, then getting called to run another job, then laid off again, a female relative weekend to see West Side Story in Minneapolis and my son losing a friend....I've been a bit preoccupied.

The AC is finally fixed with the final part installed at the Townhouse.

Today was a series of preoperative appointments: lab, xray, physical and Anesthesia consultation. It took all morning. My potassium is low due to one of my medications so I've been put on a suppliment. After my morning at the University Clinic, I had an evening appointment with my GP for medication management. Dinner was Subway.

DH just finished a job working 12 hour days on the weekend. They want him to run another job in a few weeks. We don't know how that is going to work due to my surgery. He has requested the time off.

Saturday night I stayed in Minneapolis at a hotel. My sister flew in from Albuquerque, My mom, nieces and Sister-in law drove down from Northern MN and my another sister-in-law and niece just drove over from their suburban home and we all went to West Side Story. The level of coordination to get this plan off the ground was astounding.

A friend of my son's has been declared "brain dead" or some other euphemism and is hooked up to machines to help her breathe. Prognosis is bad. He doesn't know what happened. He is beside himself and I have been trying to counsel him between doctor appointments.

Whew! That was a lot to type.

Schumi, keep those live reports coming. I need the inspiration.

Those of you attending HHN this year, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Glad to hear from Patty and welcome home Bobbie.

Yikes, talk about a series of storms in your house. Hang in there! Did you get a surgery date yet?

PS have never seen a professional production of WSS. One of my fav musicals.

Agavegirl1 sounds like you have been a busy lady getting ready for surgery and with all the other things going on in your life. Hugs :hug: and prayers for you as you get ready for surgery and for son also as he says goodbye to a good friend :hug:.

bobbie68 great to see you back

View attachment 337548

Enjoy your walk on the beach this morning. Safe travels home Pattyw.

Morning Mac and Lynne. Taco Tuesday is good. We are having Mexican food for dinner tonight.

Tink hope you and your daughter can get the dryer fixed.

The Momma deer brought her baby fawn up to the window this morning. The little deer is getting bigger. They came up in the back yard while I was out yesterday.

That is magical! My mind is drawing a blank on dinner. Mr won’t touch Mexican food, making walking tacos for gang later this week, always toss a burger at the man who is such a picky eater it can be a challenge at times.

I fell into a bag of Southern Barbecue potato chips last night......LOL.....hope I can redeem myself today, but they were good ::yes::

Have to allow some extra treats sometime.

Hey! ckmiles :wave:

LoL I had half a can of salt & vinegar lays last night for dinner. Bonus points I lugged it home in my suitcase from last trip. Very whole ones but still tasted mighty good with my ho-made strawberry lemonade. Will call it comfort food.

Good thing little one left her hair tie in my pocketbook. Oh my, walk had me dripping in sweat from the first 5 minutes. For once, the AC does not feel too cool yet. Clouds are starting to fill the sky, tree leaves are upside down. Rain is on its way.

Keisha, glad DH unclogged the drain, and safe back on ground. Yum, I like strawberries, and lemonade. Good choice for drink. Have steak for dinner, then DH can cook, grill it. Yep, burgers are a staple in our house too. Looking for less humidity days, after these storms pass. Latest weather guy says, the storms will be down the shore by later in the evening. Like most summer thunderstorms, 1 to 2 inches of rain in like 10 minutes, trees down, smell of smoke from lightning strikes, dark as night skies, then boom, blue skies and bright sun, like nothing happened. Flood warning until 8pm. Guess I will be picking up those tacos on the way home. Not going out in the storm.

Another drive by.......haven’t caught up with all posts.......

But :bday: Kohlby and as always, hugs to agavegirl.........will try to do some live reporting......:thumbsup2

Checked in for flight to Orlando tomorrow.........

Hotter than Hades here.........no complaining though...........:D

Bryant Park and New York Public Library this morning. Bought an unusual copy of A Christmas Carol......not leather bound as planned, but cute. Then more mooching around.........lunch was Todd English in the Plaza today, and bottle of Prosecco too.........nice!

Heavy downpours predicted at 4pm till 7, dark clouds are building right now and it’s quite the sight from our vantage point up here.......

So, plan to have a snooze........did I mention how hot it is here, 94 right now...........:P then pack everything up except for what we need for tomorrow morning.

Booked the hotels car service to take us to JFK tomorrow morning.........

:wave2:

Yep, Schumi, just heard a clap of thunder. Most of the thunderstorms are coming between 3 and 8, then chance with more, at 9 to 10. Almost ready for it, as oh so muggy (think I've said that 3 times so far today. 93 and sticky). Safe travel tomorrow. JFK such a huge airport. Nice you have a car service to take you there. Then, Florida heat. More lizard weather for ya.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter