Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy Sunday morning everyone :wave2:

DB4B3A8E-502F-4063-92D9-4CA7CE1F51DE.jpeg

1F1A0923-FAF4-442A-B37D-423664340E59.jpeg

Sitting here in my favorite spot this morning feet propped up HHN coffee mug in hand filled with good hot coffee.

We had a lovely lunch with family for granddaughters 21st birthday. We met her boyfriend. Come to find out his grandpa was a classmate of my husbands........they graduated the same year and we have seen him and his wife on many occasions at hubbys class reunions...........small world.

Pattyw so glad to hear you are having a great vacation. Danish, coffee and a nap on the beach under your tent sounds lovely. Food looks yummy.

Monyk happy vacation planning. Sounds like you have it figured out. Always nice to be thinking of the next trip.

Grandkiddo’s are over Disney.....I will have to admit I’am Not terribly upset about that. Planning for meals and rides 6 months out just is not Magical for me.

I went with sister and niece to MNSSHP 3 years ago and it was so hot and sold out and packed with people. I did enjoy time spent with sister and niece. I had paid for a nicer room upgrade and was told it was not available when I arrived by a very rude desk person at the Resort. Was not happy about that at all.

The quality of the food has gone down hill significantly over the years in the parks for sure. We did have a good breakfast at the Trail’s End restaurant at Fort Wilderness for by sisters birthday. Have to say that was the best meal at WDW in years.

Morning Keisha :wave2:......yep I won’t turn down a good occasional Chinese lunch.......hubby is taking me for one this afternoon. Chinese food is not my favorite, but this local place we go to is really good. Hope you will get rested up after all your celebrations and your son has a great birthday. You are a sweet mom helping to arrange some vacation planning for him.

Mac here’s temp this morning

image.jpg

Yesterday afternoon it was 96. Humidity has been brutal. Hope your staying in doors and cool.

Lynne hope you are enjoying your coffee or tea this morning.

Hi charade :wave:

Last edited:
Me too, and Mac’s rain dance gave us rain, when weather guy said no rain today. Wrong, noisy line of thunderstorms just passed by. Still in my shorts.

Coffee consumed, roast in crockpot for sandwiches tonight, chickens cuddled. storm blew through this am, now nice and sunny and steamy. *sigh. Was hoping for more rain. AT 85 degrees with "real feel" of 97 degrees.

Laundry, cleaning coop for today. Have a memorial service first, good guy, good friend-longtime sertoman. Cant believe he is gone-will be sorely missed especially around our events-complications from hernia surgery. Personally I think the hospital screwed up from what little details I've found out. I can almost always predict which hospital my residents have come from now judging by the shape they are in when discharged. So glad my insurance added the other hospital (the one I worked at for 10 years) back. I got the lowest level of insurance I could to avoid penalty (exchange) as I figured if we had to go to the other hospital we'd be dead anyway. What happens when profit over patient is in practice.(rant over).

We had a lovely lunch with family for granddaughters 21st birthday. We met her boyfriend. Come to find out his grandpa was a classmate of my husbands........they graduated the same year and we have seen him and his wife on many occasions at hubbys class reunions...........small world.
Sounds very nice! Small world indeed!!

Happy Sunday!

Good afternoon everyone. Lazy Sunday today. I’m trying not to nap so I can get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight. I took B out for a drive thinking tha would keep me awake. She’s doing okay, but is very nervous. At one point she hit the curb while coming out of a parking lot and got really anxious. I decided it was time to stop for the day.
I’m trying to make a list for their grocery store, but the family isn’t much help.
What do you want for supper this week?
I don’t know.
Argh!!

I think we are supposed tto get more rain this week. I know we need it, but I still dislike rainy days.

What? Guess all the homies were really relaxing on Sunday night.

Code Red. Yep, City issued it. A steamy 90, hot and humid day, to start to the work week.

Yesterday afternoon was lovely, since it was still rainy just after lunch, little one and older declined to go to Dsis's house. So, I did, and we went shopping instead of pool time, and when we got out the store, the sky was blue, the temp, starting at 73 when we went in, promptly rose to 87 when we got out. Yes, later afternoon swimming, where the water and the air were the same temperature. Quite enjoyable sister time.

But, back to routine, happy a summer routine for the family, and it's a Monday.

images
. Yep, so keep that coffee and tea warm, the AC is cracking quite high right now. And, have a marvelous Monday.

Quick drive by before we set out for another beautiful day in the City.

Been lovely so far, hot!! But glorious........have done very little except walk, relax, chill out, prosecco time and then chill some more. Don’t think we have ever done so little on a trip before.......

Hotel is beautiful, we stayed here last year so we knew it would be, but The Towers are a different level......we have an amazing view of Rockefeller Centre again, but because we are so high up we can see ESB and over to the river.

94f predicted today........Central Park again this morning before the heat really takes its toll, then we’ll see.....maybe some shopping as we have plenty of choice here!

Orlando on Wednesday........

Hope everyone’s good.......time to be out and have breakfast somewhere.........:D

Have a lush breakfast, and thanks for live reporting Schumi. Yep, some hot days in store for us too. Just getting you ready for Wednesday, LOL.

Schumi always has said she loves hot weather just like a lizard does

Sounds like she is having a good time

Good morning :coffee:

Glad to hear our Carole is enjoying NYC, thanks for checking in and safe travels :goodvibes

Temperatures in the high 80s here today but 90s are predicted for the rest of the week :sunny: I guess I will have to do my yard work this morning while it's still relatively cool.

I have to renew my driver's license sometime before the first. Guess I'll have to do that tomorrow and hope I have everything required since the new renewal process started just after my last renewal.

Have a wonderful day homies :flower1:

:coffee: Hey, Schumi, Mac, Robo, and Tink, good morning. There's nary a breeze, and the heat is heating up. Feels like will be around 10 degrees higher than actual. Muggy for sure.

Jacket was on, then off, then when hair on arms were standing up, jacket back on. HeHe, weather lady said it's so humid, do worry about what your hair looks like. Yeah, lady, clown hair is not what I consider not be bothered by. LOL Poofy hair day is what she should have said.

Time for lunch. Will surely take off the jacket before my walk.

And 36 days is our summer trip countdown. :sunny:

Tink what is the new DL renewal process in ga?

When I moved here all I had to do was surrender my other state DL and was issued a GA license

Did the photo after signing my name and then issued my license

Took all of 3 minutes

Never mind my question Vicki
I googled it and found out it is done on line until age 65

So it’s easy for you

One thing I read which was a hoot that in Georgia you can renew a DL even if it is two years expired by doing the renewal online

And it's Monday again. How did that happen so quickly??
I now have everyone in my family back in the house - Yay!! And we are back to the normal routine of things. Tomorrow is my birthday and I have the normal things planned yet again. I need to come up with something good to give myself as a present since my family is hopeless. My husband grew up with birthdays being no big deal so he doesn't quite understand adults doing more than getting a cake. I want to go somewhere but haven't decided where yet. (I wouldn't actually go on my birthday but a trip a different weekend). I have told him I am not cooking dinner that night and he's not to cook either since he forgets to wash the pans. We will probably order out Chinese. We will go out to dinner on our anniversary on the 21st though so I need to think of where I want to go.

Schumi - Glad you are having fun! Hope you are finding lots of air conditioning.

No idea what the temp is here. It's summer so in the 90's with chance of pop-up thunderstorms. Pretty much every single day. Heat index may be upper 90's or low 100's but that doesn't feel that bad to me after living in SC/GA where the heat index was usually over 100 and temps seemed to get much hotter. Or at least it felt hotter there.

Never mind my question Vicki
I googled it and found out it is done on line until age 65

So it’s easy for you

One thing I read which was a hoot that in Georgia you can renew a DL even if it is two years expired by doing the renewal online
Unfortunately I can't renew online since the last time I renewed the requirement changed to a one time thing where you have to verify your identity and bring ss card, marriage license, birth certificate and utility bills etc. and after that you get to renew online.

Hey, Kohlby, glad all are home, and a pre -birthday - Happy Birthday. Weekend celebration somewhere sounds like a great present. Ha, our weather guy said isolated thunderstorms later today, and better chance tomorrow, including risk of high winds and flooding tomorrow afternoon/evening. Summer it is.

Tink, that's interesting. We can do online forever. Just have to come in when after paying to renew, to get your mug shot again. That was me, last year.

Have to renew my AP that expires the day after my birthday. May do it in person this year. Every year, since picking it up in the park, renewed by phone. Hey, and happy a bonus 3 month this year. Means may get 2 Octobers out of it, this year, Mouse at beginning of October, then Dark Side until after Columbus Day. Thinking mouse end of September and first week of October for Dark Side. May not stay over Columbus Day next year. And egad, maybe even going end of April next year, for hopefully, riding a float or two in the Dark Side. Serious thought. Have to use that SW credit from August by end of May next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts