So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

Our big April trip was cancelled and I just cancelled our July trip to BLT and BC. I still have a trip in November to SSR, but I'm going to wait and see what happens over the next few months. I have points that expire by the end of February so I went ahead and booked a quick trip in January at BLT. Again, we will wait and see what happens. This was going to be a big Disney year with our APs, but the virus had other plans. At the end of the day, I'm just grateful that we've had the opportunity to make multiple trips to Disney over the years. My heart goes out to families who had to cancel their once in a lifetime trip.

Our trip is the week after Thanksgiving. We're still going since we have a DVC rental plus I'm hoping that the crowds will still be low because I love my personal space. Best thing about all of this is the social distancing :rotfl:

Was booked for Nov 2019, and had to cancel. Rebooked for May, and lost that. Currently booked for November 11-18, 2020. We have until Nov 5 to cancel, so I’m taking a wait and see approach. It’s DD’s first real trip, and I have to decide if whatever circumstances are in play come November make it worth the trip. I’m sure we can have fun no matter what, but it’s a lot of money for a scaled down experience.

Just thinking about our December trip. It was a room discount of 30% and we added DDP. Are they really making changes thru the end of the year? Or through September 2021??? What happens to my DDP? Do they refund the cost? Will I get 35% off on top of 30% off? Or instead of it or not at all??? So many questions!!!

Just thinking about our December trip. It was a room discount of 30% and we added DDP. Are they really making changes thru the end of the year? Or through September 2021??? What happens to my DDP? Do they refund the cost? Will I get 35% off on top of 30% off? Or instead of it or not at all??? So many questions!!!
It’s through September 2021 now? 😬 I don’t know how they can make it for so far out without knowing what will happen

It’s through September 2021 now? 😬 I don’t know how they can make it for so far out without knowing what will happen

I’m not sure but I thought I saw where they had changed ‘through the end of the year’ with ‘through September 2021’. But honestly I can’t be sure because I’m getting kooky trying to keep up with all of the changes!!

I’m not sure but I thought I saw where they had changed ‘through the end of the year’ with ‘through September 2021’. But honestly I can’t be sure because I’m getting kooky trying to keep up with all of the changes!!
Oh man - I see it says Free dining packages through September 26, 2021. Thats crazy. Would those be bounce back offers since packages aren’t out yet?
I have to keep an eye out though. I rebooked for spring 2021 and I may cancel if the experiences aren’t up and running. It’s a long time away right now though to decide that.

We had reservations for Yacht Club and Boardwalk for July that we cancelled after learning that masks would be required everywhere at the resorts. We rebooked for a four night stay at Four Seasons Orlando, which does not require masks on guests in public areas. We're going to Volcano Bay and Aquatica, and also look forward to enjoying the resort's impressive pool complex.

I've often considered staying at Four Seasons but never pulled the trigger on it, because it just seemed less convenient than a Disney hotel. This is the perfect year for us to try it out, as it seems it will be a lot more convenient than a Disney resort this year. We have Platinum annual passes and hope that we'll be able to reserve a couple of days at Disney's parks, too. But if we can't, that's okay.

October 1 week and WL December 1 week. Getting nervous about October so had to make a backup for December. I already purchased MNSSHP tickets and am stuck until they say more. I hate the uncertainty of it all. It’s hard to plan, and I know that’s low priority but it is frustrating.

check out date 7/11
waiting too see how long, if at all Disney cancels on me. You would think they would have sent an email or something

August 23-27: keeping.
it’s just a quick trip before mine and my boyfriends senior year of college. we’ve both been multiple times and I am a former CM so I am okay with ~reduced magic~

December 5-12 at CCV. I’m going to wait and see how it all goes. Chances are I will keep unless everything stays as is. I’ll decide late October early November.

October 28-November 5 at Pop. Also have Halloween party tickets. Airfare was pretty cheap so I booked that as well. Skeptical that the trip will actually happen, but I’ll wait and see.
Had to cancel my May trip so I need something to look forward to.....

If they think all of these restrictions - specifically the mask mandate - won't have a negative impact on park attendance, they're going to be in for a rude awakening. And rules/restrictions, once in place, are always harder to remove. Always.

I think they know this very well indeed. In fact, I think they are counting on it. I think that their capacity levels for each park for at least the first month or two will be so low that they know there will not be enough park entries even for all onsite guests to enter a park, let alone for people to get their park of choice. I think that they are putting in stringent measures like masks specifically to reduce the number of people willing to travel. I think that they are doing everything in their power to encourage people to postpone their next visits into next year, because if they don’t then the customer service cast members will be deluged with complaints.

Imagine, you are there, staying on site, for 6 nights, with 6 day tickets, and you only manage to score 2 park days. How frustrating would that be? Now multiply that frustration by 100,000 people... chaos!

But if you can drastically reduce the numbers travelling by being upfront about what won’t be available, it becomes much more manageable. They don’t want everyone to cancel, they need a small number to get the place back up and running again and bring in some cash, but they want the numbers going to be manageable and happy to be there despite the hassles.

CBR 7/21-7/31
Keeping for now to see if any new info will inspire us to not cancel. Wearing masks all day in July FL heat is my first issue. I purposely booked this resort for skyliner access with hopper/waterpark options so that‘s my 2nd problem. We only had 3 dining resvs affected, not a big deal there. If we have to cancel, it’ll be 2nd year in a row :sad:

We have cancelled our holiday for August and have rebooked for next August 2021. We were due to stay at CSR Gran Destino Tower for 2 weeks. Now booked for the YC for 16 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter