So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

Switched. Original was June 19-26 at Riviera.... Switched to July 26-aug 1 ... 4 nights at Riviera and 2 at Bay Lake

I posted this in the July 2020 thread, but thought it might be helpful here too...

Have not yet received my dining plan refund yet.

BUT, when I called to check on the timing of that (knowing full well they likely would not know), the message at the start of the call did say that they can now modify reservations with arrival dates starting today (6/5) through 6/21. After hearing that I stayed on the line to see if there was any Disney magic that could happen with my trip (7/10-7/14 want to extend to 7/17).

There was not, as she got the notification of the availability of modifications literally in the middle of our call. So things are still coming in to them at random times...

Anyway, unfortunately still a lot of non-answers but thought this info might be helpful to some...

I was able to order my magic bands today...

I am currently holding a September Labor Day Week reservation, and am on the fence about deciding to cancel. Considering dining plans, advanced dining reservation and etc have been now cancelled, and the park reservation information has not been release yet, I actually think I will wait a little while longer to make the decision. My heart wants to go , but my brain wants to weigh the value proposition. I may wait till the cancellation window Deadline and flip a coin!

7/3-7/7: BCV on DVC points - Cancelled
7/7-7/11: BLT on DVC points - Cancelled
7/11-7/15: BCV cash reservation as back up plan - Cancelled
7/15-7/20: BLT cash reservation as back up plan - Cancelled

9/4-9/6/20: Poly on DVC points - Keeping
9/6-9/13/20: BWV on DVC points - Keeping
9/13-9/20/20: BLT on DVC points - Keeping

Since we already had the Sept trip booked to use banked points, we figured we would cancel July and just do a single WDW trip this year.

So we wound up cancelling our Christmas resort ressies (we had 6 nights @ CBR standard room on BB and 3 nights CR TPV at rack rate.) We had rescheduled our flights to March Break but being unable to change the room reservation really made us decide it wasn't worth it for a Disney vacation this year. So we've rebooked for 9 nights of Club level room at HRH for less than the WDW price we'd booked over Christmas at WDW. Now we get breakfast, snacks, etc... --- larger rooms than we had originally booked and we aren't tied to Disney. We'll do a couple of days at WDW (probably Epcot and Hollywood Studios) but this will be a real vacation...

Keeping our week after Thanksgiving for now. Watching and waiting to see what happens by then, but won't be surprised if I end up canceling and maybe trying next year some time.

Changed our reservation from November 2020 to April 2021. Hopefully by then all this crap is behind us and Disney is back to running more normally.

So sad I just officially cancelled our 6/27 - 7/4 reservations booked on Jan. 2 with the free dining offer. This was a trip with all my grandchildren aged 7-18. Trying to figure out when we are all free to go next year is going to be difficult but I paid with Disney gift cards after getting a great deal at BJ's so we will be rebooking once the restrictions are lifted (face masks just not how I want to spend my time at Disney). Hoping to be able to get lucky on another free dining offer or another discount. We will wait and see. Looking forward to seeing some trip reviews once the parks open. Very curious to see how a 2 year old makes out wearing a mask!

6/28 to 7/4.

We first had the Swan with Priceline but got worried in April and canceled that and rebooked POR for more flexibility. Disney took POR away with the July 11th reopening.

Decided to book Hardrock in September instead. Disney is just too complicated now.

I just cancelled our late August trip. The thought of wearing masks in that heat and in our photos, just doesn’t seem fun. Also, so much of the magic for us will be gone....we love the fireworks, dessert parties, tours, etc. Its not worth the almost $10k price tag.

I also have a week reserved over Thanksgiving. Not sure weather we will keep it not. We will see how it goes. I’m thinking 2021 more likely.

Last edited:
A week before they shut down sales/ reservations i changed June to late October...
I wanted to change to July or August but i was worried about heat and mask..... and they are saying it will be a busy hurricane season. I dont think my kids can take any more changes.
We were kicked out of orlando the second week of March cutting our trip to two park days.

We are 7/27-8/1 and keeping it unless we have to upgrade hotel on our dime at a ridiculous amount even with relief 35% discount. We need this get-away and we are not big Parks people and will be happy whether we get in or not. Kid hates fireworks and we all are not big fans of crowds so this is ideal for us. We feel there will still be magical moments even with masks and everything else.

In the Fench. One week at CBR one room. One week at pop 2 rooms. 8/13-23. I doubt either resorts will be opened for my stay. Waiting to see how it plans out And how much extra it will cost

Keeping our two rooms at All Stars (or wherever they want to put us) November 6-13.

In the Fench. One week at CBR one room. One week at pop 2 rooms. 8/13-23. I doubt either resorts will be opened for my stay. Waiting to see how it plans out And how much extra it will cost

Do you really think those resorts won't be open? I'm staying at POR 8/21-8/25 and hoping it'll be open by then.... as far as moving us goes, I read on here from someone that it would most likely be a complimentary upgrade, so hopefully, it wouldn't cost us anything if we do end up getting moved!

Do you really think those resorts won't be open? I'm staying at POR 8/21-8/25 and hoping it'll be open by then.... as far as moving us goes, I read on here from someone that it would most likely be a complimentary upgrade, so hopefully, it wouldn't cost us anything if we do end up getting moved!
As long as they are operating at reduced capacity, which will almost certainly be true through August, it would not make sense for them to open all resorts--much less expensive to run a few resorts than run them all at 20% full. Most likely, the next resorts to open will be those attached to an already-open DVC. After that, I could see them opening one moderate and one value and consolidating all guests, but not all of them.

Whether the complimentary "upgrades" are in fact "upgrades" remains to be seen. Right now for the pre-park opening period they seem to be moving most value and moderate guests to Fort Wildnerness, Saratoga Springs, or OKW. That might be fine when there are no parks open, but I expect a lot of people who booked CBR for the skyliner would view navigating the internal bus loops at those resorts to be a major downgrade. Not to mention, there was at least one example on these boards of a 5-person group of adults being relocated to a studio at Saratoga with a maximum capacity of 4.

I would expect things to be a bit of a mess for a while. If CBR is closed in August, I plan to be first one the phone the minute we can change reservations. And I will happily pay for an upgrade rather than risk Disney choosing something that wouldn't work for our family.

FQ Opening day through the first week. If they cancel my resort, so be it. Other than that, I’ll be there with a mask (that says Bob#2 said I had to wear this) on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!