So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

We cancelled July trip at the Riviera- we were concerned about our your daughters wearing the masks.
We rescheduled for November. All of our ADRs were cancelled for this trip. Any ideas when we will be able to make reservations again?

You should be able to make dining reservations again 60 days out from your trip. No one can make most dining reservations again at the moment as they change their system, but I would say since your trip is in November they would have the system ready to go by September which would be around your 60 days.

You should be able to make dining reservations again 60 days out from your trip. No one can make most dining reservations again at the moment as they change their system, but I would say since your trip is in November they would have the system ready to go by September which would be around your 60 days.
I think the system will be ready to go in a week or two. They need it up and running to make Park reservations before they open on July 11th.

I think the system will be ready to go in a week or two. They need it up and running to make Park reservations before they open on July 11th.
I agree. I assume they changing the system to accompany the lower capacity allowed.

Thought it would be nice to collect some data.

BWV 9/8-912. Keeping. For now. I’ll wait to see if things change between now and then. If things stay as is? Canceling. How about you??
Boardwalk club level September 4-7. Keeping until we have more info. If they cancel Halloween party , we may switch to universal for the weekend

Not sure yet... it will depend on whether the owner I rented DVC points from is willing to rebook with another renter. If not, I'm booked for BWV Sept. 6-11th. Not sure if I would go, might just lose the rental money if they can't rebook.

Sept 27-29 Movies. Sept 29- Oct 6 Swan. We are cancelling. So bummed. It was supposed to be May 16-20 but we had to push it.

But on the bright side I have a trip for Oct next year already partially scheduled. So I may get to go twice next year, as we are going to try to push this first trip to May 2021.

We will be cancelling July 15-24 BWV, and I'm so bummed.

It wasn't the masks (although I swore I would not go if they were required due to the heat/humidity of July in Florida), it came down to Disney's lack of communication with us. We have a reservation that's been booked a year out to ARRIVE on the day the last 2 parks open, and I have heard ZERO from Disney (except for the never ending e-mails letting me know another dining reservation has been cancelled, which I totally get why they're doing that...I just wish it would come in one e-mail).

The announcement last week was that you would be able to make your dining/FP at the 60 day mark. Our reservation was already past that when they announced this. So, I thought, ok, I'll give it a few more days I'm sure I'll hear something. It's been crickets. I even thought, well, let's just do a shorter trip since we don't know what will be happening. NOPE they shut down that too, so all you can do is keep or cancel.

We are going to visit family & friends instead (thank goodness SW is so flexible with airfare).

We also JUST bought AP's in March right before the shut down that we used for 4 days... not sure what to do about that disaster. Hoping to book for Feb 2021 if they ever release those dates.

We are booked for 10/31-11/8 at Pop with a room only reservation. I'm concerned about not having tickets. We will ride it out and if we are able to roll our reservation into a package and secure park reservations for all days of our trip, we will go. I'm not sure that I want to gamble with buying the tickets outright and taking the chance that I might not get park reservations though.

So we've re-booked our flights from Christmas to March Break... wish we could re-book our Disney resort but there seems to be no way to do it right now... I'm teetering on the brink of booking Universal instead....

We’re canceling. We booked free dining which would have provided enough food/drinks for 90% of our trip. They took it away and gave us $700 toward our room rate. The free dining value was $1200. If they had come close even providing the same value as a room discount or even a gift card we could have used during our stay for food we probably would have kept it.

Ah, okay!!!!!!!! This is very reassuring.... if they upgrade us to the Poly, I won't be complaining :jumping1:

Yeah, this is the year we booked the Poly (granted at a very discounted rate). Not going to lie I'll be a little salty if I could have booked POP (at also a very discounted rate) and got a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe. But whatever, I'll be happy for all those guests getting to experience Deluxe for the first time like us

Yeah, this is the year we booked the Poly (granted at a very discounted rate). Not going to lie I'll be a little salty if I could have booked POP (at also a very discounted rate) and got a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe. But whatever, I'll be happy for all those guests getting to experience Deluxe for the first time like us

I had the same thought, we finally booked Deluxe for the first time (usually stay Moderate)...who knew I could’ve saved $200/night by getting upgraded to the same hotel :yo-yo: Where's my crystal ball/time machine?? :rotfl2:

But seriously we're all going to have a good time - and if you're lucky enough to get an upgrade good on ya! Let's all enjoy it :)

Last edited:

True! I've stayed at saratoga and AKL, but I have to imagine if they do move people, itd be at saratoga given the amount of space available there

After seeing the Universal vlogs this morning... I'll just say it didn't look promising for the kind of money we spend. We likely won't go until the restrictions are off. For those who have AP's I get it, but man it just looked like a half baked experience.
Yes the rides are open, but the journey and freedom is the fun part.
We've been dining around our town and even that isn't as enjoyable due to the fact that we can't see facial expressions and such. The environment is completely sterile, not exciting and fun.

DVC here. We cancelled our huge Adult Family GTG in Oct right after Disney cancelled all of our dining reservations. DW & I still have to use our banked/borrowed points so we have been making/modifying reservations like crazy. Our APs should be extended to at least 2/10/21, so we have 3 trips scheduled so far. We had a trip booked at POFQ but cancelled that and replaced with SSR resort. I expect to change up our dates a few more times before our first trip in Sept. Family Trip tentatively planned for 2022.

We're holding our 'Recovery20' reservation to see if we can move and apply the room discount later. I am not hopeful, but hopefully they open up 2021 packages and allow reservations to move. If Disney is concerned about limiting capacity in the summer months, that would surely get a lot of guests to reschedule.

Checking in July 27th at SSR - keeping. We really cannot go any other time this year. A modified Disney is better than no Disney this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter