So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

In addition to asking if anything has been posted about regular bus transportation between hotels and resorts...

Here's a fun question: suppose we buy the usual end-to-end trip insurance that is part of booking through Disney. What happens if one of our party comes down with Covid and requires an extensive hospital stay? Particularly the expense if a family member has to stay at an offsite hotel while one member is in the hospital?

AP holder
Usually go 5 times a year.

No May trip (cancelled by them)
No Sept trip (cancelled by us)

I suspect we will cancel our Dec trip.

Primary reasons are the desire to avoid large crowds plus the cost/reduced experience factor.

We will "eat" the cost of our mostly unused AP's.

We will return when things are not as risky and also more normal.

Just cancelled a triple split for 8/13-28 at Boardwalk Villas, Polynesian and Contemporary. We’ve been going to WDW every year for over 20 years. Heart broken not going this year but realize this is bigger than just me not going to WDW. Fortunately, this trip years trip was paid in full with gift cards and we have a credit with Southwest. So I’m looking forward to planning for 2021. But I hope all that are keeping their reservations have a great time!!

9 night trip in a 1 bedroom AKL villa starting July 30th--family of 5. We are driving and still planning on going.

Planning on Oct 12-20 at AKL, not canceling *yet*. I'm waiting to see what happens in the 3 months between reopening and our trip - I want to know more about the reservation system first. If we can't do October I'll probably try to schedule a backup for the end of next March... but I have no idea of spring break will still be a thing, or if my daughter's school calendar will change for the next year. So many unknowns still.

Staying at Port Orleans riverside 8/21-8/25, keeping it for sure! The restrictions don't seem too bad and it'll be cool/nice to see the parks at a much lower capacity.... sad about the fireworks mainly. It's my BFs first time there so I wanted him to see them :( Im a little concerned about hotels opening??? Like, if our resort isnt open, do we get to pick a new one? Will be interesting to see

I’m at All Star Movies starting July 9. I found it strange that I could order manage bands and do online check in this week. Has anyone else tried these options? I received a confirmation email for the magic bands and show updated status for online check in. I’m waiting on Disney to cancel or ask me to modify. Just waiting.

Just canceled our stay FQ July 19-26.
My teen wasn’t super enthusiastic about the mask everywhere. We wear them when required, but the heat would not be fun. We are going to do some other weekend trips around us here. Wish everyone else the best with their trips.

Split stay, 7/18-7/25 at the Contemporary and Poly. Keeping mainly for the resorts as we will likely never be able to stay here again. And trying to get another trip in before my 2 yo turns 3.

I pray these resorts are open. If not and Disney tries to move me from a theme park view room at these resorts to another deluxe resort we will likely cancel as almost everything else would be a downgrade.

Staying at Port Orleans riverside 8/21-8/25, keeping it for sure! The restrictions don't seem too bad and it'll be cool/nice to see the parks at a much lower capacity.... sad about the fireworks mainly. It's my BFs first time there so I wanted him to see them :( Im a little concerned about hotels opening??? Like, if our resort isnt open, do we get to pick a new one? Will be interesting to see

Just spoke to a disney rep via chat- she said that if a resort isnt open, the reservation would likely be cancelled. Has anyone else been told this????????? Now I'm super nervous that Riverside might not be open :(

We are booked September 12-25, a week at pop and a week at poly, and waiting to see what happens. If there’s no pools, it’s a no. I am not happy about masks, but would still go. No pools are my deal breaker. The waiting for info is killing me. I want to just make plans either way.

Just spoke to a disney rep via chat- she said that if a resort isnt open, the reservation would likely be cancelled. Has anyone else been told this????????? Now I'm super nervous that Riverside might not be open :(

No I heard the opposite from a very reputable source. That if a resort isn't open, guests would be moved to an equivalent resort or be given a complimentary upgrade.

We are booked September 12-25, a week at pop and a week at poly, and waiting to see what happens. If there’s no pools, it’s a no. I am not happy about masks, but would still go. No pools are my deal breaker. The waiting for info is killing me. I want to just make plans either way.

Resort pools are supposed to be open.

No I heard the opposite from a very reputable source. That if a resort isn't open, guests would be moved to an equivalent resort or be given a complimentary upgrade.

Resort pools are supposed to be open.

Ah, okay!!!!!!!! This is very reassuring.... if they upgrade us to the Poly, I won't be complaining :jumping1:

Scheduled for CL at the Contemporary 10/18-10/23, holding onto hope for now, with a decision to be made based on how things look through the summer.

My finace and I have a trip planed for October 19-25 at CBR. As of right now, keeping it until we know more info about resorts

We cancelled July trip at the Riviera- we were concerned about our your daughters wearing the masks.
We rescheduled for November. All of our ADRs were cancelled for this trip. Any ideas when we will be able to make reservations again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter