• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I was way behind.
Can’t wait to hear of the last trip. Cute title if you use it.
I love the 50’s pool.

Welcome back from camp.

Love all the POP Pictures, especially the pool pics. It looks like you have the whole pool to yourselves. Nice!

Glad you had a good week at camp.

So you were at the 50's pool?? Nice & quiet over there.

I usually go around & take pictures of the resort also while waiting for the unmagical bus.

Glad to hear your camp went well. Loving seeing the Pop pictures.

I always love seeing Pop pictures. As much as we enjoy many resorts, Pop is home for us.

Camp did go well. We had one counselor end up on crutches and in a boot, but there were only a few scraped knees and insect bites among the campers. Everyone had an exhaustingly good time! :thumbsup2

Welcome back from camp. It sounds like a great, albeit tiring, time! I'm sure those kids appreciate all your hard work, even if they don't realize how hard it is!!

Cute pics around the pool and Pop! Those girls' smiles just light up the place!

Don't feel bad about erratic updating - I'm right there with you! Life just interrupts our DIS time.

I like them to go home and say they ate well. ::yes::

I am finally getting this house back in some order. And I can see my ankles again! :woohoo:

I am glad you had a good time at camp. Every time I see your pictures of Pop I get more excited to go back. Lexi loves to look at your pictures and she doesn't even know we are going back yet.

It's fun being in on a Disney secret! :ssst:

Welcome back from camp. :) Love seeing pictures of POP. I feel like that's my home away from home. Lord willing hubby and I will be going next year sometime to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Just the 2 of us. :cool1:

That will be fun for just the two of you to go. Are you going during Flower and Garden Festival, by chance? I am hoping to get another March trip. :)

https://www.facebook.com/TheLionKingUSA?hc_location=stream

Status Update

By The Lion King - Musical

A perfect hashtag for the weekend. #HakunaMatata
Look, MeMom, what came as a status update today! Have had the song in my head all week. :laughing:

As much as we wanted to see that when it came to Nashville, the timing wasn't right. It was too expensive to spend the money so close to a Disney trip.

I was way behind.
Can’t wait to hear of the last trip. Cute title if you use it.
I love the 50’s pool.

I should have time to put pictures up tonight. We're close to the end. We are fond of the Bowling Pin Pool, as well.

Welcome back from camp.

Love all the POP Pictures, especially the pool pics. It looks like you have the whole pool to yourselves. Nice!

It was not a bit crowded. Very nice.:goodvibes

Glad you had a good week at camp.

So you were at the 50's pool?? Nice & quiet over there.

I usually go around & take pictures of the resort also while waiting for the unmagical bus.

I try to absorb all the 'magic' I can into my camera during the last hours. :laughing:

Glad to hear that camp went well!

I can't believe it's July already - crazy!!

That it is. I am seeing teachers already talking about starting school things. I am ignoring them for now. I'm getting three good weeks out of this month!!!

I am seeing teachers already talking about starting school things. I am ignoring them for now. I'm getting three good weeks out of this month!!!

Me too! Trying not to think about school starting THIS month....nope not thinking about it. Too busy planning a Monsters University birthday party for Owen. :)

School? THIS month? That's just crazy wrong!

When we go on our summer trip at the end of August, you'll probably have been back in school for a month!

When we go on our summer trip at the end of August, you'll probably have been back in school for a month!

It is a little crazy. We are on a balanced calendar, so we get 2 weeks each for fall, winter, and spring break, which is really nice.

It is a little crazy. We are on a balanced calendar, so we get 2 weeks each for fall, winter, and spring break, which is really nice.

I guess that makes sense. I wish I could have that as my work schedule! But not being a teacher, I'd have no shot at that!
We can't do that here - too hot (yes in MN!) and no a/c in the summer. We can't even start before Labor Day - it's the law and only some exceptions are allowed. At least for Public schools.

Okay, I'll just admit it...
I'm the one she was talking about.

She was texting and I was at school working.
I got an earful about it too.:listen:

Hmmmmm, so you were ignoring me?

The truth is out. ;)

Trying to get all caught up before hopefully a long and fun holiday weekend! :goodvibes Nice final day update! :thumbsup2 I always love finding photo "surprises" when I get back from a trip.........things I don't really remember until I see the picture. Good you got to absorb a lot of Pop before you had to leave! :banana:

Glad you made it back safely from camp and you're managing to get caught up on things! I know this will be a busy week for you. :hug:

That will be fun for just the two of you to go. Are you going during Flower and Garden Festival, by chance? I am hoping to get another March trip. :)

We're not sure yet when we're going. Our anniversary is in February and I'd love to go then. However, our oldest DD graduates in May and I'd like to go to her graduation. So we may just attach the trip to Disney to that trip, so we don't have to drive to FL twice. It's all up in the air right now. A March trip would be nice too though. :goodvibes So much to consider.:rolleyes1

Memom

I love that TR title, you are so clever, its now in my head to that tune :rotfl:

Have just got back from 3 weeks in DL. Had an absolute blast after 3 years of no Disney parks. The ABD tour we did was just brilliant - a disney fans dream really. I met some lovely people who listen to the DIS podcast and Pete and some of the gang were with us as it was a podcast exclusive trip. Wonderful but a once in a life time trip as was very expensive but well worth it.

Bittersweet leaving disney again not knowing if and when I will be back - but I have your reports to keep me up with it all - so please dont stop.

Glad you had a lovely time on your latest trip and look forward to more reporting.

Memom---can't wait to hear/read about your latest adventures!!! I was sort of caught up at the end!! LOL!!!
Did you make your NYE's ressies?? It's time!!!!

Hope you are all well and get some rest when camp finishes

Take care
Toni

Are you going to do a TR? I would love to see and hear about DL and your ABD trip!!:) We are going to DL the end of this month!!! I can't wait.......23 more days :dance3::cheer2: ....... not that I'm counting or anything!!:rotfl:

Memom--can't wait to read about your latest adventures!! I'll try to keep up on this one!!!! LOL!! I was sort of caught up at the end of this one!!
Did you make your NYE ressies?? It's time!!!

Me too! Trying not to think about school starting THIS month....nope not thinking about it. Too busy planning a Monsters University birthday party for Owen.

Monsters fun is so much better! :dance3: Keep those spiral notebooks away for another few weeks! :laughing:

Yep. ::yes:: The kids don't come until August, but teachers go the last week of July. :teacher:

True. The trade-off with going early is that we are getting three longer breaks. I really liked that this past March. :thumbsup2

I guess that makes sense. I wish I could have that as my work schedule! But not being a teacher, I'd have no shot at that!
We can't do that here - too hot (yes in MN!) and no a/c in the summer. We can't even start before Labor Day - it's the law and only some exceptions are allowed. At least for Public schools.

We used to start the day after Labor Day, but through the years, it has gotten backed up a week, then another, then another, then another.....

I am spoiled to having my summers and holidays. I would be a big whining baby out in the business work world. :scared:

Okay, I'll just admit it...
I'm the one she was talking about.

She was texting and I was at school working.
I got an earful about it too.

Hmmmmm, so you were ignoring me?

The truth is out.
Yes, you are one of a few. Now get yourself bake in vacay mode for a little while longer!

Trying to get all caught up before hopefully a long and fun holiday weekend! Nice final day update! :thumbsup2 I always love finding photo "surprises" when I get back from a trip.........things I don't really remember until I see the picture. Good you got to absorb a lot of Pop before you had to leave! :

Glad you made it back safely from camp and you're managing to get caught up on things! I know this will be a busy week for you.

I finally got my Florida suitcases unpacked, and most of the camp stuff has been put away.

So true about the pictures. When I take some pictures, I am trying to capture the atmosphere of the moment - like say just standing in front of Americe in Epcot. Then when I get the picture home, I can really look at all the things happening in the background.

We're not sure yet when we're going. Our anniversary is in February and I'd love to go then. However, our oldest DD graduates in May and I'd like to go to her graduation. So we may just attach the trip to Disney to that trip, so we don't have to drive to FL twice. It's all up in the air right now. A March trip would be nice too though. So much to consider.

Driving only once :car: sounds financially responsible...

but getting two Disney trips sounds more fun. :rolleyes1

Are you going to do a TR? I would love to see and hear about DL and your ABD trip!! We are going to DL the end of this month!!! I can't wait.......23 more days :dance3::cheer2: ....... not that I'm counting or anything!!

Memom--can't wait to read about your latest adventures!! I'll try to keep up on this one!!!! LOL!! I was sort of caught up at the end of this one!!
Did you make your NYE ressies?? It's time!!!

Maybe one of these days Jill will get to Disneyland. I don't think I could take the plane ride, though, unless I could sleep the whole time.

Yes, we are set for Christmas and New Year's celebrations. Rooms are booked, and ADR's are made. :santa:

Pretty much the last thing we had planned before our departure was a DIS meet. A group of nice people showed up to bid us farewell, and they were kind enough not to rub it in too badly that we were leaving and they were staying. ;)

DISers Anita, Katie, Pat, and Kimmy and their assorted family and friends met us back in the back of the Pop food court.

Anita taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.

Then Scott tried to ambush me from the right, so I swung over and snapped him!

Pat says, "Oh, yeah, I get to love on this baby for a few minutes, and then I give her back to someone else and go freely on my way about Disney World!" :laughing:

The 'assorted others' gathered all the cameras and took the group shot.

The girls are showing off treasures here. Not sure if they were arcade treasures or DIS friend treasures or what.

That's it for now. Have a happy day, Distown!

Just catching up while I'm home from the lake. We don't have internet there and I don't have a smart phone either and I like it that way. Sounds like you can relax now after camp, at least for a few weeks. Heading back up today with my daughter and grandkids for 5 days. We go out on the pontoon and watch the fireworks. They really are spectacular and last for almost 30 minutes. We love to sit out in the middle of the lake and there are no bugs! My son is coming up Sat. for a week. Then my husband's new found relatives are coming for a few days. He is adopted and "all" his parents are dead, but a few years ago he found his mother's children, 3 brothers and 1 sister. Just last month we met his father's children, 3 sisters and 1 brother. So it will be exciting to get to know 2 of his sisters a little better. Haven't done any planning for our Nov. trip except to buy tickets to MVMCP. I'm excited about that since we have never been. I'm sure you will finish this up while I am gone so I am looking forward to the new one as always.

Pat says, "Oh, yeah, I get to love on this baby for a few minutes, and then I give her back to someone else and go freely on my way about Disney World!" :laughing:

:rotfl: Pat, that cracks me up!!

Great group shot and I just have to say that I knew Anita and Marc looked much thinner on their summer trip but this picture really puts it into perspective...nice work you two! (fill me in on the secret!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter