• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

That was such a fun meet! It was great to see old friends & make new ones. We'll have to get together at Pop in December, too!

Have a great 4th, everyone! My brother who's in the military & lives in Hawaii is coming home tomorrow for a few weeks, so that'll be fun.

Driving only once :car: sounds financially responsible...

but getting two Disney trips sounds more fun. :rolleyes1

Yes, 2 trips would be awesome! But I don't think I'll be striking it rich between now and then, so I guess 1 will have to do. ;)

DISers Anita, Katie, Pat, and Kimmy and their assorted family and friends met us back in the back of the Pop food court.

The 'assorted others' gathered all the cameras and took the group shot.

Looks like a fun DISmeet and a really great group of friends. That's the area we always eat in (the back of POP). Man, You make me want to be there right now. :)

That realization of having to leave Disney while others are starting their trips is always so sad! But it's also comforting knowing that Disney is always filled with happiness and that we can return soon!

Yay for a DIS meet! What does John think of them? Haha, I just noticed him in one of the pictures at a table.

Are you going to do a TR? I would love to see and hear about DL and your ABD trip!!:) We are going to DL the end of this month!!! I can't wait.......23 more days :dance3::cheer2: ....... not that I'm counting or anything!!:rotfl:

Hey there

I wont be doing a report at this stage as am having shoulder surgery so will be out of action for a while from next week. sorry about that

But I can point you to one that one of the other DISsers on the tour has started if you would like to follow on. Its really good so far and Pete who is writing it is really fun.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3129507

A Fistful of Fastpasses: Disneyland with the DIS and ABD! (Update 7/1 - 3 posts!!)" update by skier_pete if the link doesnt work.

DL is wonderful and just loved it - but beware of the crowds - I have never been in June before - the crowds were unbelievable as school is out. I wouldnt go back at that time again - stick to Oct when we normally go as its quieter. I hope you really enjoy your trip.

Memom hope you dont mind me hijacking ;)

Just finished catching up. We just got back Vero Beach Resort yesterday. Have a Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Happy 4th of July, friends! I hope you all have a great, relaxing, safe day having fun with family and friends. pixiedust:

Just catching up while I'm home from the lake. We don't have internet there and I don't have a smart phone either and I like it that way. Sounds like you can relax now after camp, at least for a few weeks. Heading back up today with my daughter and grandkids for 5 days. We go out on the pontoon and watch the fireworks. They really are spectacular and last for almost 30 minutes. We love to sit out in the middle of the lake and there are no bugs! My son is coming up Sat. for a week. Then my husband's new found relatives are coming for a few days. He is adopted and "all" his parents are dead, but a few years ago he found his mother's children, 3 brothers and 1 sister. Just last month we met his father's children, 3 sisters and 1 brother. So it will be exciting to get to know 2 of his sisters a little better. Haven't done any planning for our Nov. trip except to buy tickets to MVMCP. I'm excited about that since we have never been. I'm sure you will finish this up while I am gone so I am looking forward to the new one as always.

That's cool that he is getting to meet these new/old people in his life. I hope you spend many happy hours together.

Yay for MVMCP tickets!

I think I will send my SD card home with Jill and let her load the trip pictures on Photobucket. I don't think my laptop is going to handle another 1600 pictures right now. If she gets them loaded, then we'll probably be able to start the new TR next week.

Hey that seems like your go to spot for a Pop Dis Meet. :lmao:

It's a good meeting spot - easy to find people, quiet, and inside, so you don't have to worry about weather conditions. :thumbsup2

What a fun DIS meet! Great group picture!

It was a happy group. The ones who were staying may have been a bit happier than the ones leaving. ;)

:rotfl: Pat, that cracks me up!!

Great group shot and I just have to say that I knew Anita and Marc looked much thinner on their summer trip but this picture really puts it into perspective...nice work you two! (fill me in on the secret!)

Well, she didn't actually say that, but I am pretty sure she was thinking it. :rolleyes1

Anita and Marc are sticking to their change of eating plan, and it is working. They have more fortitude than I do, and the results for them and for me are pretty obvious. :laughing:

That was such a fun meet! It was great to see old friends & make new ones. We'll have to get together at Pop in December, too!

Have a great 4th, everyone! My brother who's in the military & lives in Hawaii is coming home tomorrow for a few weeks, so that'll be fun.

We can take a group picture at the Christmas tree! :woohoo:

We hope you very much enjoy your brother's time home. :love:

Yes, 2 trips would be awesome! But I don't think I'll be striking it rich between now and then, so I guess 1 will have to do. ;)

Looks like a fun DISmeet and a really great group of friends. That's the area we always eat in (the back of POP). Man, You make me want to be there right now. :)

It's usually pretty quiet back there. It's nice that most people don't bother to come back that way. Plus, the girls like to sit at the small tables and enjoy Disney TV.

That realization of having to leave Disney while others are starting their trips is always so sad! But it's also comforting knowing that Disney is always filled with happiness and that we can return soon!

Yay for a DIS meet! What does John think of them? Haha, I just noticed him in one of the pictures at a table.

We try not to leave without another trip on the books or in the planning stages. Makes it a little easier.

John doesn't say much about the Disney stuff. He agrees that our Disney friends are fairly normal, and he's not so afraid we are out to meet crazy internet people any more. He will talk to some of them a little bit, but most of the time he either disappears, or he might just be on his phone while we are meeting others.

Drive by hello.... :car::wave2:

I feel the same these days, Amy! :wave2:

Hey there

I wont be doing a report at this stage as am having shoulder surgery so will be out of action for a while from next week. sorry about that

But I can point you to one that one of the other DISsers on the tour has started if you would like to follow on. Its really good so far and Pete who is writing it is really fun.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3129507

A Fistful of Fastpasses: Disneyland with the DIS and ABD! (Update 7/1 - 3 posts!!)" update by skier_pete if the link doesnt work.

DL is wonderful and just loved it - but beware of the crowds - I have never been in June before - the crowds were unbelievable as school is out. I wouldnt go back at that time again - stick to Oct when we normally go as its quieter. I hope you really enjoy your trip.

Memom hope you dont mind me hijacking ;)

Hijack away! We are here to enjoy each others' trips and make things better for future trips.

Just finished catching up. We just got back Vero Beach Resort yesterday. Have a Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Are you writing a report? If not, feel free to share a few of your favorite Vero pictures here.

Happy 4th of July, friends! I hope you all have a great, relaxing, safe day having fun with family and friends. pixiedust:

It wasn't particularly relaxing, but it was fun, and it was nice. Enjoy your family this weekend, Katie!

I'm finally caught back up just in time for this one to end. I should be fresh and ready to go for the next one.:p

Thanks for all the pictures. I really miss POP. It looks like if we make it back it will be to POP.

We had been planning an end of the school year trip for May 2014 but DH says he just can't take the heat. He's turning 50 next month and already thinks he's going downhill. :lmao:

So now we're planning another Mardi Gras trip. This year it falls at the beginning of March. The weather will be nicer and it shouldn't be so crowded since it's not at the same time as President's week. I'm also hoping to catch the start of Flower and Garden.

Looking forward to the next report.

I just caught up on this entire trip & enjoyed it so much!! I have less than a year till my next trip & hopefully everyone's trips here on the Dis will get me through!!

I'm finally caught back up just in time for this one to end. I should be fresh and ready to go for the next one.:p

Thanks for all the pictures. I really miss POP. It looks like if we make it back it will be to POP.

We had been planning an end of the school year trip for May 2014 but DH says he just can't take the heat. He's turning 50 next month and already thinks he's going downhill. :lmao:

So now we're planning another Mardi Gras trip. This year it falls at the beginning of March. The weather will be nicer and it shouldn't be so crowded since it's not at the same time as President's week. I'm also hoping to catch the start of Flower and Garden.

Looking forward to the next report.

Flower and Garden is a great time to go! It is so nice to feel warmth again at the end of the winter.

I just caught up on this entire trip & enjoyed it so much!! I have less than a year till my next trip & hopefully everyone's trips here on the Dis will get me through!!

We will enjoy hearing about your plans as they form. The DIS is a certainly a good place to hang out to get a Disney fix. :thumbsup2

Sorry I could not work it out to meet up tomorrow. Please take pictures and share all the fun.:goodvibes

Hopefully another time. :)

It was so great meeting all of you. Hate what I am wearing but it was laundry day. :rotfl2:

Catching up again (page 34, slowly but surely!)....

Oct2012Middle094.jpg

Oh, my goodness! This may not look like much, but it was melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. The mushrooms were perfect.

Actually, it looks really really good. Wish I had one right now! (ETA: I quoted the wrong picture....it was supposed to be the one of your filet! Probably a good thing. Less drool on my computer.)

Brooklynn did, but Bella did not.

Oct2012Middle169.jpg

Give her a couple of years....she'll be touching stuff like that soon! :thumbsup2

Cute picture. :goodvibes

We loved Tusker House in 2008. I think it will be in our list next trip again. ::yes::

Hope the dismeet is great! We will be somewhere in Virginia...home tomorrow

We had an enjoyable time catching up with old friends yesterday at Opry Mills Mall. I will put up a picture in a minute for those not on FB.

It was so great meeting all of you. Hate what I am wearing but it was laundry day.

Who cares what anyone is wearing in Disney World? It's all about comfort! I wear five dollar t-shirts in a hundred different colors. If one gets ruined, it's no big deal. And my shoes are definitely for comfort in Disney World more than any other place. ::yes::

Catching up again (page 34, slowly but surely!)....

Actually, it looks really really good. Wish I had one right now! (ETA: I quoted the wrong picture....it was supposed to be the one of your filet! Probably a good thing. Less drool on my computer.)

Give her a couple of years....she'll be touching stuff like that soon! :thumbsup2

Cute picture. :goodvibes

We loved Tusker House in 2008. I think it will be in our list next trip again. ::yes::

We've just made our ADR's for the December trip. Disney dining is a big part of the fun!

Yeah, the mushroom filrt will be a repeat for me next time I get to do F&W. :thumbsup2

These two pictures made me laugh out loud!!! Look at you, using little Bella as a picture-blocker. And John and Ray would get along well, I think.

(page 51....moving right along!)

If you look closely to many of my pictures with John in them, he's looking bored or he's on his phone. At least this picture was a staged bored and not a real bored. ;)

What a fun meet! We just missed your dates but hope to rectify that on our NYE trip!!!!

See you in December! :cool1:

Here is a picture of the Hippo Meet from yesterday.

And a few wedding pictures, before we move on. Just these few, and then back to the report.

Would you believe there was a really truly Hidden Mickey on the path to take pictures?

Handsome guys and the lovely bride.

One of my favorite shots of the day.

Many hours of work behind the scenes led up to this very sweet evening.

A little partying afterward.

I think Trent and Brandi were very pleased with the way the day went. They were tired at the end of it all. They are off for some rest and relaxation now.

Looked through the pictures earlier on Facebook. Looks like it was a fantastic day. Congrats to the Newlyweds.

I love the hidden Mickey. Even Mickey sent his blessings to Trent and Brandi. The picture of the girls with Trent and Brandi was priceless. The made a beautiful couple.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter