Smucker's premade "Uncrustables" sandwiches

We can't buy them here but DD9 has had them, as a kids meal at Disney World. Even if I could by them, I wouldn't except as something served as part of a kids combo while eating out if that's what she wanted to order.

Don’t understand the convience. Takes me 5 secs to make a sandwich. No plastic waste. IMO fresh bread tastes tons better than frozen crap

I don't think an Uncrustable wrapper is any more or less plastic waste than the sandwich baggie the homemade sandwich gets packed in. Unless you're using a reusable sandwich container, the waste angle is pretty much a wash. And while those things are popular at the back-to-school sales, I see every year how that goes in our school's lunchroom - families start off the year sending lunches packed in dishwasher-safe sandwich boxes and bentos and reusable water bottles, and by Christmas break, those same kids are bringing sandwich baggies, store-bought lunchables and single-use bottled water.

And while I agree with you that the "real thing" tastes better, if a kid doesn't care about the difference I don't see anything wrong with taking the more convenient route.It isn't as though PB&J is ever healthy or gourmet.

My son (12) eats one for lunch every day at school. Going on 6 years now...

However, we only buy the whole wheat, reduced sugar version. The standard ones are way too mushy and get soggy due to the white bread. The whole wheat bread holds up better and the jelly isn't so sugary sweet.

I've spent my morning in a freezing cold school cafeteria while the girl took a school entrance test. I'd pay a good deal for some uncrustables right now. I'm so frozen I don't even want to make pb&j, and sometimes just having something with 0 effort makes your day.

We can't buy them here but DD9 has had them, as a kids meal at Disney World. Even if I could by them, I wouldn't except as something served as part of a kids combo while eating out if that's what she wanted to order.
Probably a problem in finding Canadian Processed cheese to put in them. LOL
My wife laughed when we at at Denny's in Saskatoon and the menu said their grilled cheese sandwiches were made with "Canadian Processed Cheese" not "American Processed Cheese"

Unaware of the existence of Uncrustables, yet feel qualified to speak on the overall profile and variety of the menus of Chinese restaurants in the midwest, as if they're a singular, homogeneous entity?

My children are grown, but Uncrustables existed when they were very young. They weren't tremendous PB&J fans and weren't interested, saying they "tasted funny".

I always traded my Uncrustables for my best friends Kale sandwich on Quinoa gluten free bread. He ended up in jail for life. I ended up a dis board poster prepared for everything whose kids tuition is prepaid at Harvard after being accepted at age 2 months with a perfect test score.
Think of your children. Friends don't give friends uncrustables!!!

I always traded my Uncrustables for my best friends Kale sandwich on Quinoa gluten free bread. He ended up in jail for life. I ended up a dis board poster prepared for everything whose kids tuition is prepaid at Harvard after being accepted at age 2 months with a perfect test score.
Think of your children. Friends don't give friends uncrustables!!!
Friends don't give their kids kale. EVER !!!

Friends don't give their kids kale. EVER !!!

You question the snark of the head and founder of the Kale eradication society of America and the magic slab of bacon?

However, if you write kale is for decorating salad bars and not to be eaten, 100 times I may be able to convince the voting members to let you in anyway.

Last edited:
I have never had one, just because I imagine them to be mushy and not the right ratio of how I like my sandwiches. I have not bought them because I am cheap. However, now I want to try one. So, it is going on my Costco list.

Also, I love kale.

Probably a problem in finding Canadian Processed cheese to put in them. LOL
My wife laughed when we at at Denny's in Saskatoon and the menu said their grilled cheese sandwiches were made with "Canadian Processed Cheese" not "American Processed Cheese"

Cheese in an Uncrustable?

Are we really arguing over how Long it takes to make a sandwich? Unless your kitchen is as big as the one in Disney, it takes less then a minute. And ftr, uncruatables are gross.

I've spent my morning in a freezing cold school cafeteria while the girl took a school entrance test. I'd pay a good deal for some uncrustables right now. I'm so frozen I don't even want to make pb&j, and sometimes just having something with 0 effort makes your day.

Sounds like the girl got the worst end of the deal -- freezing cold AND expected to perform on a test.

I have never had one, just because I imagine them to be mushy and not the right ratio of how I like my sandwiches. I have not bought them because I am cheap. However, now I want to try one. So, it is going on my Costco list.

Also, I love kale.
Just buy the 4-pack at the grocery store first, before committing to a 20-pack at Costco ;) I like the strawberry ones (none of us like grape anything), but the raspberry whole wheat ones are my favorite.

They aren't mushy, believe it or not. The inside is lined with peanut butter, and the jelly is inside that, so the jelly never touches the bread. They are actually good little snacks, if you like Smuckers jelly and peanut butter on white bread. Out of my three kids, my PBJ lover LOVES them (14), the other one likes them as much as he likes a regular PBJ (almost 13), and the oldest (18) has always hated PBJ so he doesn't eat these either.

My 12 year old nephew doesn't like sweets a whole lot, and will eat these, but would rather have a hot dog lol

All 4 are extremely lazy, hate making sandwiches, aren't going to Harvard, and would rather just grab an Uncrustable instead so apparently I'm raising dumb, unmotivated sloths. But I love them anyway!:rotfl2:

Sounds like the girl got the worst end of the deal -- freezing cold AND expected to perform on a test.

I think she's frozen because she's a size 0 with no body fat to keep her warm. Maybe the step daughter (the girl) is of more average weight and can handle the chill?

The kids were in toasty classrooms as she had her coat off when they rejoined us. The adults were put in the meat locker. The test apparently didn't scare her, but she did want a snack immediately, and I wish I had had an uncrustable to give her. Poor thing, had to wait 10 whole minutes for us to get home.

I think she's frozen because she's a size 0 with no body fat to keep her warm. Maybe the step daughter (the girl) is of more average weight and can handle the chill?

I have no idea, but I do remember discussion about the children being preschool age. So I believe we'd be talking about a rather young child, and they don't usually withstand the cold well.

Yep, the last 2 classes of people you can hate - stepmoms and skinny witches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter