Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point,

Isn't it true the BLT owners do not own TOTWL? Wouldnt the same be true of both The Attic, and Belle Vue lounge (if it were on the villas side).
Correct BLT owners do not own TOTWL lounge it is a commercial real estate interest in the condominium association owned by DVD (they never sold their rights), similar how owners own residential units. They are fully responsible for its maintenance and pay towards the common element maintenance based on their share of ownership (they pay MF on all points they own, just not those they are actively selling). Belle Vue is on the Inn side so I doubt it's a apart of the association. I would suspect the Attic is probably commercial space similar to TOTWL thus owned by DVD and they can do what they want with it as the owners but it is possible it was never declared into the association.

But DVC members should be aware that these "commercial spaces" are simply being provided to DVC members with some exclusivity (Community Halls, TOTWL) as a benefit/favor but in actuality DVD can sell them at any point or start opening them up to any person regardless of association to DVC.

Good point,

Isn't it true the BLT owners do not own TOTWL? Wouldnt the same be true of both The Attic, and Belle Vue lounge (if it were on the villas side).

Yep, both BLT and the Attic are Commercial units and so are operated outside of DVC members ownership. There's actually nothing preventing them from opening up TOTWL to anyone they wish to, it's just that they haven't so far.

Back on p4 paults suggested that they open up the Attic for DVC members and maybe even open a bar. This was suggested because of the small size of the Belle Vue Lounge and the potential for additional traffic at this location and because of recent crowd sizes at BVL as reported by several previous posts. It's a nice thought but I think due to the location of the Attic it would be problematic due to the foot traffic going through an area where the guest rooms are located. If there was direct access it would be easier to do. Either way I don't think it's something Disney would do.

OK I just did a bing map search and the distance between the MK and the Boardwalk is 6.7 miles and will take 21 minutes one way or 8.1 miles and 25 minutes depending on the route you take.

The distance between MK and BC is 7.5 miles and will take 23 minutes or 8.9 miles and will take 27 minutes again depending on the route taken.

So we are talking about less then one mile either way and only an additional 2 minutes either way. Ergo I would say that's splitting hairs.

You're right not rocket science, nobody said it was... :sad2:
My guess of the top of my head would have been 5 minutes difference. Seems about right (it is a bus not a car). If the route, round trip, is 40 minutes, and its 8 to 10 minutes longer to go to BC and back, thats 20 to 25 percent longer. Thats a lot. When its a numbers game trying to get people out of there, why wouldnt you chose BW as the meeting place. I get that you own there and don't like it, and thats understandable. But there really is no rational reason not to pick that as the gathering place in such an event.

My guess would have been around 5 minutes too but according to Bing Maps is only 2 minutes. If that is correct based on your round trip time of 40 minutes and its 4 minutes longer to BC that would be only 10% round trip.

I can see the benefits for Disney to choose BW, there is the outside stairway that leads to the path for to bus stop. Also this gives guests that wouldn't normally see the BW area a glimpse of what there is to do on the BW and may spark a return visit to spend time and $ there (good business on the part of Disney).

There are several reasons I wouldn't choose this as the meeting point. There are a lot of steps you have to climb to get the path for bus stop which could be challenging for many guests. Those guests will have to enter the resort and take an elevator, there aren't that many elevators at the BW causing a backup of people waiting to use them. The BC is closer to IG = shorter walk and you have a ramp to get into the building for those with mobility issues. The bus stop at the BC is IMHO closer to the point of entry into that resort from IG then the walk from the back of BW to bus stop. JMHO

Back on p4 paults suggested that they open up the Attic for DVC members and maybe even open a bar. This was suggested because of the small size of the Belle Vue Lounge and the potential for additional traffic at this location and because of recent crowd sizes at BVL as reported by several previous posts. It's a nice thought but I think due to the location of the Attic it would be problematic due to the foot traffic going through an area where the guest rooms are located. If there was direct access it would be easier to do. Either way I don't think it's something Disney would do.
If it's like TOTWL and only open to DVC guests. I would LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE that. Not holding my breath. But would be nice.

But have you ever driven a bus through that area? Using the shorter route has clear benefits to the bus drivers.

If it's like TOTWL and only open to DVC guests. I would LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE that. Not holding my breath. But would be nice.

Yeah, me either. It would be nice but I really don't think it's something that will happen. Nice to think about. :flower1:

But have you ever driven a bus through that area? Using the shorter route has clear benefits to the bus drivers.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that question, but just incase you don't the answer is NO. Have you? I'm guessing the answer is no for you too although I could be wrong.

I may not have ever driven a bus through that area but I have ridden the bus through that area many, many, many times and I the traffic is very light. I don't thing it would be that much of an issue.

You are right, the strokes of my words were way to broad. I meant to speak ith regard to this person on social media crying about his/her kids. Enchanted Rose, and TOTWL are lounges. Nice atmospheres, both offering some various small plates. (well, I have not been to Enchanted Rose yet - but going by pictures and menus). Both places cater to everyone. Oga's is a bar, and it looks like a bar. Kids will enjoy the scenery. Just the expectation of it being this comfy lounge is misplaced. If your kids are tired, it may not be the respite they want. Nor do I think Disney should try to make it that - its ok to have a few places like this. There seemed to be plenty of places in SWGE to take a load off for a few minutes, no need to make a bar another one of them. If Oga's had a bunch of food, I would feel differently.

Then again, a social media post should probably be ignored, I just have to look at that one insane viral tweet last year saying that childless mothers should be banned.

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I’m not sure how much time we’ll actually spend at Oga’s. I definitely want to check it out though. I also don’t mind when there are bars like Trader Sam’s that only welcome kids up to a certain time. We don’t have any desire to be hanging out late at a bar with the kids anyway.

With tweets like that one I just can’t take it seriously. No sense can be made.

I have three 20-somethings, one kinda getting serious with someone, who I keep trying to talk into a WDW wedding. We so could have something at the Attic...maybe rehearsal dinner. Or if the one getting serious marries his GF, it will be on other coast or even out of the country and we could have a reception for our family in that Attic. It is so cute. But I'd much rather have it as a DVC member lounge.

I touched on this in another post. By non guests using the hotel, I mean using hotel facilities. Non guests should not be using the pool, the work out areas, using the dvc paid for community hall, should not, frankly, be hanging out in the lobby or using the already undersized belle vue lounge. If Disney wanted the belle vue to be a public area, they should have made it much, much larger. I have been in many hotels where bars and restaurants draw outsiders, but those bars and restaurants are appropriately sized. But no hotel allows and encourages non guests to use pools or facilities that are designed for paying guests—- except Disney.

If Disney directs non paying guests through the resort via the bus or parking, then guests will continue to use facilities that they have not paid to use. And they will do so exponentially. People who pay for expensive hotels expect to be able to get a drink somewhere in their hotel at the end of the day should they desire. I don’t want to walk into my $600 or $1000/ night hotel and not be able to get to the bar because it is overrun by people not even staying at the hotel. I do not want to walk into my $600 or $1000/night hotel and have people sleeping on lobby couches or have hoards of people crowding around on their way to the bus stop. It is unpleasant. The parks are wild and crowded, but people pay to have a refuge away from the parks, not to have the parks brought into their hotel. I have no problem with hoards on the Boardwalk, but not in the hotel/villas. Disney has to start guarding the privacy and relaxation of their paying hotel guests. Disney certainly doesn’t let guests into their parks for free.
Or using the lobby bathrooms which are much nicer than the parks restrooms.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that question, but just incase you don't the answer is NO. Have you? I'm guessing the answer is no for you too although I could be wrong.

I may not have ever driven a bus through that area but I have ridden the bus through that area many, many, many times and I the traffic is very light. I don't thing it would be that much of an issue.
I have driven a bus, although not through there.

Correct BLT owners do not own TOTWL lounge it is a commercial real estate interest in the condominium association owned by DVD (they never sold their rights), similar how owners own residential units. They are fully responsible for its maintenance and pay towards the common element maintenance based on their share of ownership (they pay MF on all points they own, just not those they are actively selling). Belle Vue is on the Inn side so I doubt it's a apart of the association. I would suspect the Attic is probably commercial space similar to TOTWL thus owned by DVD and they can do what they want with it as the owners but it is possible it was never declared into the association.

But DVC members should be aware that these "commercial spaces" are simply being provided to DVC members with some exclusivity (Community Halls, TOTWL) as a benefit/favor but in actuality DVD can sell them at any point or start opening them up to any person regardless of association to DVC.

The declarations of each resort provide that a Commercial Unit owner can, at any time, close, sell, redo, or otherwise decide what to do with the Commercial Unit. The owner (and not DVC Members) is responsible for all the costs of maintaining, operating, and repairing the Commercial Unit, and though the unit is deemed to be part of the DVC Resort, it is not part of the point system of the resort, no points are allocated to it, and the owner does not have any per point dues to pay.

The owner of each Commercial Unit is responsible for only a token amount of all the annual common expenses of the DVC Resort. As set out in Exhibit D to the declarations of each resort, each Commercial Unit, regardless of its size or activity, is deemed to own only a .00000001% share of all the common elements of the resort, and as to all common expenses for the resort, the owner is responsible for paying only a .00000001% share. See,e.g., Exhibit D to the BWV Declarations. In essence, a Commercial Unit owner is responsible for 1 cent of every $10,000,000 in common expenses of the Resort. Moreover it is the association, and thus the dues charged to the DVC Members, that is responsible for any maintenance and repair of any limited common elements, such as a separate parking lot or a walkway, that serve only the Commercial Unit.

Last edited:
The declarations of each resort provide that a Commercial Unit owner can, at any time, close, sell, redo, or otherwise decide what to do with the Commercial Unit. The owner (and not DVC Members) is responsible for all the costs of maintaining, operating, and repairing the Commercial Unit, and though the unit is deemed to be part of the DVC Resort, it is not part of the point system of the resort, no points are allocated to it, and the owner does not have any per point dues to pay.

The owner of each Commercial Unit is responsible for only a token amount of all the annual common expenses of the DVC Resort. As set out in Exhibit D to the declarations of each resort, each Commercial Unit, regardless of its size or activity, is deemed to own only a .00000001% share of all the common elements of the resort, and as to all common expenses for the resort, the owner is responsible for paying only a .00000001% share. See,e.g., Exhibit D to the BWV Declarations. In essence, a Commercial Unit owner is responsible for 1 cent of every $10,000,000 in common expenses of the Resort. Moreover it is the association, and thus the dues charged to the DVC Members, that is responsible for any maintenance and repair of any limited common elements, such as a separate parking lot or a walkway, that serve only the Commercial Unit.
Thank you for fully expanding on my answer to be more detailed for the others that read this thread; it’s exactly what I was trying to get across. It’s good to clear this confusion on how TOTWL and space like it operate.

Haven't all the Disney pools been gated, with a magic band coded for guests staying at that hotel required to open the gate? DVC Pool hoppers should be the only non-BW guests in the pool area. Work out room should also be electronically coded. I'm not familiar with BW community hall, what is there to draw in non-BW guests, most community halls like the one at OKW, only have specific activities, arts and crafts, tastings and so forth, some are free to DVC Members some have a reduced charge for members over non-Members staying at the resort. Community halls aren't something the general public would be anxious to use, are they?
I haven’t been to all resorts, but so far BLT was the only one where we had to use the magic band to gain entry. We arrived early and were going to use the pool. Had to check in and the CM had to go in the computer and gave us access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter