Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if that’s the case they are also hurting the guests on the hotel side. And while Disney may not care a lot about their DVC owners, they do care quite a bit about their hotel guests.
Especially at BWI, which is a core offering of the convention business. Con business is harder to expand drastically than DVC, but has better financials in a number of ways.

Especially at BWI, which is a core offering of the convention business. Con business is harder to expand drastically than DVC, but has better financials in a number of ways.
With the convention goers you can charge basically a inflated premium room rate. As I guy who goes to a couple conventions a year, the attendees want to be as close as possible to event as possible. Second the codes you get for the convention rate are joke. They block off a segment of rooms for you, but without exception in my case I have been able to book a room cheaper without the code. Most convention attendees don’t bother checking to see if they can get a better rate at the same hotel because it isn’t their money they are spending.

With the convention goers you can charge basically a inflated premium room rate. As I guy who goes to a couple conventions a year, the attendees want to be as close as possible to event as possible. Second the codes you get for the convention rate are joke. They block off a segment of rooms for you, but without exception in my case I have been able to book a room cheaper without the code. Most convention attendees don’t bother checking to see if they can get a better rate at the same hotel because it isn’t their money they are spending.
There are also the paid catering events drinks, AV setup...

That has not been the case for any of the meetings we have attended at Disney. If anything, the rates have been so good that it makes sense to rent out our DVC points and book a cash stay thru the ConventionEARS portal. There is even a TA that deals in blocks of rooms at Disney and they have rates that typically run 40% off rack rate at convention hotels.

If transportation at the BW gets too hectic, it will get unsafe. And if it gets unsafe, Disney will need to separate out bus traffic to different areas. Too many tired people at closing, many of them children, in an area not set up for that much bus traffic - there will be a near miss (hopefully it will only be a near miss) and Disney will realize that they need fewer people and fewer buses.

I agree completely, the bus stop at BW isn't very big. I can't imagine 100's of people milling around waiting for a bus at the end of the day some with scooters which reduces the number of guests riding the bus. I wouldn't want to be the bus drivers having to navigate that area with additional bus traffic.

I agree completely, the bus stop at BW isn't very big. I can't imagine 100's of people milling around waiting for a bus at the end of the day some with scooters which reduces the number of guests riding the bus. I wouldn't want to be the bus drivers having to navigate that area with additional bus traffic.

The scooters - how in the heck did they handle all the scooters and strollers? To the best of my knowledge, getting from the boardwalk to the bus stop involves either taking the stairs and walking through the lobby or going in through the side door, into one of BWV three little tiny elevators, and riding up to the second floor (the ground floor for the front of the building).

Good question and my point exactly. IMHO the BC would have been a better option, they have ramps for scooters and strollers to enter the building. Also it's a much short walk from IG to BC and much closer to the BC bus stop. I also think that the BC bus stop is much larger then at BW.

My guess is that part of it is to promote the BW area to other guests. The Skyliner makes it much easier for guests from now 3 and soon to be 4 other resorts to access the BW area. Again JMHO.

I saw this thread and figured I would share our experience - we just returned from a stay at BWV (10/6 through 10/11, so basically we were in the exact window that the skyliner was down and sadly didn’t get to try it out). I also apologize if I’m repeating anything; I didn’t go through and read the whole thread.

Now, we weren’t over at the BWV bus stop too often, since we always walked from Epcot and HS to the hotel. However we did use the bus several times in the morning and evening, and I don’t recall any large crowds waiting at the stop. What we did notice was a “skyliner” bus that would (apparently continuously) loop between AoA, Caribbean Beach, and BWV. It was actually kind of funny (but also frustrating) when we saw this special bus loop by us three times while we were waiting (over 20 minutes) for a MK bus one morning.

As far as the Boardwalk area itself, it never seemed any more crowded than past autumn trips (but again the skyliner was down at this time).

Good question and my point exactly. IMHO the BC would have been a better option, they have ramps for scooters and strollers to enter the building. Also it's a much short walk from IG to BC and much closer to the BC bus stop. I also think that the BC bus stop is much larger then at BW.

My guess is that part of it is to promote the BW area to other guests. The Skyliner makes it much easier for guests from now 3 and soon to be 4 other resorts to access the BW area. Again JMHO.
Eh no, I think it’s just like they had a fence and guards at the gate to protect their pool! For years .BWV finally a fence there but only to lock the pool at night . I also don’t see exit of Epcot guests after fireworks heading over to BC area where they also often have events out on the beach. Basicly they don’t want them there and will not be steering them there. I own there and been watching this for almost 20 yrs . Oh and the bus service at BWV has been awful forever. Long waits in AM for buses.

Eh no, I think it’s just like they had a fence and guards at the gate to protect their pool! For years .BWV finally a fence there but only to lock the pool at night . I also don’t see exit of Epcot guests after fireworks heading over to BC area where they also often have events out on the beach. Basicly they don’t want them there and will not be steering them there. I own there and been watching this for almost 20 yrs . Oh and the bus service at BWV has been awful forever. Long waits in AM for buses.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on the bus service at BW. I have been an owner there for 20 yrs and in all that time overall it has been fine. That's not to say there haven't been times when we have had to wait but there are a lot of time we seem to time it just right and get there when the bus we want is just arriving or we have a fairly short wait. I have gotten the bus from BC over the years and have had to wait there too, so no mater where you stay there are times you have to wait and times you don't. Just sayin you can't make a statement the BW bus service is awful because it isn't.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on the bus service at BW. I have been an owner there for 20 yrs and in all that time overall it has been fine. That's not to say there haven't been times when we have had to wait but there are a lot of time we seem to time it just right and get there when the bus we want is just arriving or we have a fairly short wait. I have gotten the bus from BC over the years and have had to wait there too, so no mater where you stay there are times you have to wait and times you don't. Just sayin you can't make a statement the BW bus service is awful because it isn't.
Maybe time of year? But I’m talking 30+ wait in morning so much so you miss EMH. Years ago the bus would go to BC resorts and you could see full bus pass by BWV and if did come mostly standing only then it would hit swan and Dolphin too. They even put a CM there to monitor. Still bad. Now you can see time and watch it on there it pass by. It’s often so late the line is up path and It only has to worry about MK and AK.

Maybe time of year? But I’m talking 30+ wait in morning so much so you miss EMH. Years ago the bus would go to BC resorts and you could see full bus pass by BWV and if did come mostly standing only then it would hit swan and Dolphin too. They even put a CM there to monitor. Still bad. Now you can see time and watch it on there it pass by. It’s often so late the line is up path and It only has to worry about MK and AK.
Every resort can experience busses coming later than the time shown. There are just some things about bus transportation that can't be controlled. Traffic accidents, emergencies, weather delays, loading/unloading wheelchairs/scooters and other disabled guests, even just very heavy seasonal traffic on the roadways. Busses often ran 10 to 15 minutes late at OKW when I was there last June. Just plan accordingly. If you must go to EMH, get to the bus stop early enough to catch the very first busses. I generally avoid the morning EMH crowd, the exception may be my upcoming trip, if Studios has an early EMH before SWGE gets hot and crowded, since both rides will be open during my trip.

Still don't agree with you, not sure when you travel but when we travel (Jan) we don't have problems. Again we have had to wait at BC so I don't know where/when your experience is but my experience has pretty much been positive. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this. ;)

Still don't agree with you, not sure when you travel but when we travel (Jan) we don't have problems. Again we have had to wait at BC so I don't know where/when your experience is but my experience has pretty much been positive. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this. ;)
I agree with you both... they both suck 😂. The MK bus at BC can be bad (traveling Mar, May, Dec, Aug - so different times of year).

The BWV stop is bad because of the backups - bus stopped, scooters off, scooters on, you are either in line and can see your bus which can’t pull up yet, or you’re coming back from the park and you just want off, but no dice because the load zone is blocked. One day in Aug there was a bus unloading/loading, one stopped at the stop sign & our bus behind that. Every one of those had to load & unload scooters. Not a fan of the BWV busses.

As a BCV owner, I agree, the BW makes no sense for a detour (emergency alternate) drop off/pick up zone. BC makes more sense.

3weeks in Oct 3 weeks in early March and I am talking BWV and I go early to get there before rope drop! It’s some what better now that it doest stop first at BC and be full and not come to BWV and we have to wait for CM to call another bus.

The last few years when we have been at BW the BC isn't even in the loop. We usually pick up Swan/Dolphin with BW being the first pickup. Not sure why you are experiencing something different. Again having to agree to disagree... :sad2: :crazy2:

The last few years when we have been at BW the BC isn't even in the loop. We usually pick up Swan/Dolphin with BW being the first pickup. Not sure why you are experiencing something different. Again having to agree to disagree... :sad2: :crazy2:
Agree with you. We have not experienced "awful" bus service at BWV, either.

We travel in late April/early May, October and late November/early December. (Not all in every year, though). For the past several years, BWV has shared only with the Swan & Dolphin, and BWV is first stop. Perhaps it's the times we visit or perhaps it's different expectations. I have personally witnessed someone berating a driver for a long wait. His party arrived after we did, and we waited 11 minutes. (I don't consider waits 20 minutes or less to be unreasonable, and usually look at my watch when we arrive at the bus stop).

The digital screens at the stop with real-time estimated waits are a plus. I understand the MDE app now has bus wait times. I'm looking forward to using that feature on our next trip.

I can believe that things on the Boardwalk and BWV/BWI were chaotic on evacuation night, but that would be expected. I find it hard to believe "crowding" is actually a problem now - especially since the Skyliner is up & running again.

I agree with you both... they both suck 😂. The MK bus at BC can be bad (traveling Mar, May, Dec, Aug - so different times of year).

The BWV stop is bad because of the backups - bus stopped, scooters off, scooters on, you are either in line and can see your bus which can’t pull up yet, or you’re coming back from the park and you just want off, but no dice because the load zone is blocked. One day in Aug there was a bus unloading/loading, one stopped at the stop sign & our bus behind that. Every one of those had to load & unload scooters. Not a fan of the BWV busses.

As a BCV owner, I agree, the BW makes no sense for a detour (emergency alternate) drop off/pick up zone. BC makes more sense.
3weeks in Oct 3 weeks in early March and I am talking BWV and I go early to get there before rope drop! It’s some what better now that it doest stop first at BC and be full and not come to BWV and we have to wait for CM to call another bus.
yes I said that it changed but last Fall for some reason it was slow still. 3 busses AK no MK. Or the opposite. And I’m not talking about 10,15,even 20 wait? When linevis backed up walk way and everyone can not get on bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!