Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who said they checked and were denied entry was on a very busy Memorial Day weekend, one of the 2 weekends I was checked at BW main pool that was extremely crowded.

I was just at the SSR springs pool and no one was checking anything because there was no need.

I guess I have no idea how you know who and who is not a resort guest at pools or work out rooms or hotel bars to say you know there are abuse of the facilities by non resort guests, Never been asked that question by another resort guest ever at any of those locations.

It seems to me, to be frank, that when someone shares a different experience than what you believe to be true, you negate their experience as being untrue.

If you have had a lot of experiences with non resort guests abusing resort amenities at the BW and other resorts, I am sorry that you have and it’s ruined your vacations. But, I, and others on this thread who have shared our own experiences, have simply not experienced it.

Good grief. It sounds like you are picking on me for having a different opinion than you. Great, you have not experienced any non paying guests at any Disney pools. But I have. Great, you do not think pools should be monitored. I do think pools should be monitored. I think we can agree to disagree at this point.

Actually I suspect that BW is the bus location because it is the most efficient place for the actual bus since it is on the south side of crescent lake thus they don't have to drive the bus around Epcot Resort Blvd. So I think BW was simply chosen for this purpose.

EXACTLY!
Otherwise the buses would have to go up Epcot Reosrts BLVD, and loop around to the BC and or YC. Going to BW the buses will have a shorter turn around. Literally passing the BW. WHY???

Disney is not spending what they are spending on the spine overhaul at EPCOT to start making IG the main entrance.
Also, unless things have changed, buses do not go between resorts, only resort -> park -> resort. So unless you hop on something that may be on the same line, you cant take a bus from SSR to BW.
All this being said, Disney may be tweaking some things with all the entrance way construction at EPCOT.

Finally, if instead they did divert people to BC, then BC owners would be up in arms.

I was down in Disney when Irma was approaching, and I could not believe how they drummed that up to get people to hit 75 North, just to drum up business for the Okahumpka service station.

Good grief. It sounds like you are picking on me for having a different opinion than you. Great, you have not experienced any non paying guests at any Disney pools. But I have. Great, you do not think pools should be monitored. I do think pools should be monitored. I think we can agree to disagree at this point.

I am not picking on you and I’m sorry you feel that way. I am truly curious how you know there are so many non resort guests at pools and work out room at BW

The thread is about the increased traffic at BW and your experience suggests the resort is full of people already skirting all the rules.

Agree to disagree that we’ve had different experiences.

I'm on board with IG was ruined in all this. But Oga's is a bar!!! it has like 1 food item, that amounts to a bar snack. Why are little kids there at all? Or should bringing kids be a requirement to get one of the few tables in there, so couples have to stand. You take your chances at oga's with seating, why someone thinks they are more entitled to a table than other people is beyond me

Eh - don't blame the kids for that. Nor even assume that the parents are demanding a table with seating. Just as likely they are being placed there by staff. The blame belongs on Disney who decided they could/should do a bar and to maximize the space and minimize the cost make it virtually chair free.

It needs to be twice as big - another room almost identical would work. And have chairs.

I really like this idea too but it would have to be for resort guest only. OH NO, how could I suggest such a thing? Resort guests only? That is not fair to the masses and for that reason it will never happen. If this were to happen (which I don't think it will) it would have to be for resort guests only because you can't have people who are not staying at the resort running down the halls of BW where the guest rooms are located. This could be a huge safety issue for the guest of BW. JMHO

Boardwalk is one of Disney's convention centers. It couldn't be operated that way.

EXACTLY!
Otherwise the buses would have to go up Epcot Reosrts BLVD, and loop around to the BC and or YC. Going to BW the buses will have a shorter turn around. Literally passing the BW. WHY???

Disney is not spending what they are spending on the spine overhaul at EPCOT to start making IG the main entrance.
Also, unless things have changed, buses do not go between resorts, only resort -> park -> resort. So unless you hop on something that may be on the same line, you cant take a bus from SSR to BW.
All this being said, Disney may be tweaking some things with all the entrance way construction at EPCOT.

Finally, if instead they did divert people to BC, then BC owners would be up in arms.

I was down in Disney when Irma was approaching, and I could not believe how they drummed that up to get people to hit 75 North, just to drum up business for the Okahumpka service station.

Where do the Disney buses originate from? I don't know where that is and until I do I won't accept yours and others statement that it's more direct to go to BW.

Nobody said that buses run from SSR to BW but at this time based on what I have read hear they are busing guests from AoA/PoP/CR and soon to be RR to the BW bus stop until the Skyliner is running again. They should be busing them to the front gate just as they have always done.

Exactly, the BC owners would be up in arms! My point exactly, nobody wants all this extra foot traffic parading through the resort they are staying at. I can understand on the night it happened they had to evacuate all the guests, that was an unusual situation (hopefully) but they were busing the guests from those 3 resorts to BW so they could enter through IG. This is the part that I object to the most, they should be going to the front gate just like they always did.

Where do the Disney buses originate from? I don't know where that is and until I do I won't accept yours and others statement that it's more direct to go to BW.

Nobody said that buses run from SSR to BW but at this time based on what I have read hear they are busing guests from AoA/PoP/CR and soon to be RR to the BW bus stop until the Skyliner is running again. They should be busing them to the front gate just as they have always done.

Exactly, the BC owners would be up in arms! My point exactly, nobody wants all this extra foot traffic parading through the resort they are staying at. I can understand on the night it happened they had to evacuate all the guests, that was an unusual situation (hopefully) but they were busing the guests from those 3 resorts to BW so they could enter through IG. This is the part that I object to the most, they should be going to the front gate just like they always did.

I am not sure where they originate from but what does it matter except for the very first run of the day. After that they are originating from the last stop they made. The arent originating from the bus depot again. If they are taking people to CB, AoA, PC. Then thats where they are originating from on the way back to get more people. And BW is closer.

I do know they are not originating from Epcot Resorts Blvd.

If I had to pick up someone up who got 'stranded' at IG, and time were of the essence for me, unless I was already at YC or BC, I would say Ill meet you at Boadwalk. You can get to BW faster from ANYWHERE on property than you can get to the YC and BC, unless you are already on Epcot Resorts Blvd.

As for busing people to BW, I can understand that, but its a temporary thing. First, to include DRR in that list is to imply that the skyliner will be down until at least 12/16 - if that it the case there are bigger issues at hand. Secondly, may I ask when was the last time you have been to the front of Epcot? There is a whole lot of construction there and its a little chaotic.

Understandable to be angry about the added traffic, but the notion that most of this is about drumming up some business for the facilities are the boardwalks is too much for me.

Well they are going back and forth between Pop, AoA, CBR by your own account. So if a bus is doing that loop the first of the IG resorts it would pass by is the BW thus the most direct for that looping. Sure perhaps the first time the bus is put on the loop it starts from somewhere else but if this bus is doing the circle continuously then BW is the most convenient.

I can understand on the night it happened they had to evacuate all the guests, that was an unusual situation (hopefully) but they were busing the guests from those 3 resorts to BW so they could enter through IG. This is the part that I object to the most, they should be going to the front gate just like they always did.
The main buses from these 3 resorts do go to the front of the park. Actually the only report I’ve seen about the buses from BW->CBR->AoA->POP is only in this thread and occurred days ago. Do we have any indication this is going on still to this day?

Eh - don't blame the kids for that. Nor even assume that the parents are demanding a table with seating. Just as likely they are being placed there by staff. The blame belongs on Disney who decided they could/should do a bar and to maximize the space and minimize the cost make it virtually chair free.

It needs to be twice as big - another room almost identical would work. And have chairs.
Im not blaming the kids. The post said "a lady moaning about how crappy it was to have to stand at the bar in Oga's and her 2 little kids had to sit perched on the foot rest of the bar" - so maybe the parents weren't demanding a table, but in this case one clearly wasnt happy. However, I am questioning the parents about bringing little kids to a BAR. not a bar/restaurant, a BAR.

I don't even blame Disney. We are talking about (a bar) that has been open for about 6 weeks. Lets see what its like in a year. Disney probably should have made it bigger. I thought it was small, and I did not like the fact that I could only be at my table for 45 minutes and have only 2 drinks. That being said, after 45 minutes, I had seen enough and was ready to leave.

I am not sure where they originate from but what does it matter except for the very first run of the day. After that they are originating from the last stop they made. The arent originating from the bus depot again. If they are taking people to CB, AoA, PC. Then thats where they are originating from on the way back to get more people. And BW is closer.

I do know they are not originating from Epcot Resorts Blvd.

If I had to pick up someone up who got 'stranded' at IG, and time were of the essence for me, unless I was already at YC or BC, I would say Ill meet you at Boadwalk. You can get to BW faster from ANYWHERE on property than you can get to the YC and BC, unless you are already on Epcot Resorts Blvd.

As for busing people to BW, I can understand that, but its a temporary thing. First, to include DRR in that list is to imply that the skyliner will be down until at least 12/16 - if that it the case there are bigger issues at hand. Secondly, may I ask when was the last time you have been to the front of Epcot? There is a whole lot of construction there and its a little chaotic.

Understandable to be angry about the added traffic, but the notion that most of this is about drumming up some business for the facilities are the boardwalks is too much for me.

How do you know, maybe they put additional buses on duty to accommodate all the extra traffic. Also to go to BC would only that at most 5 minutes, not that much further/longer. At this point it is a mute point as Disney is going to do what they want to do and I guess what they think is best.

Really? You can get to BW from MK faster then you can get to BC? I'm not so sure of that.

I didn't say the Skyliner would be down until RR is open, you are twisting my words. RR will be opening in Dec, if this should happen again they would be included in the busing. To think this will never happen again is very wishful thinking IMHO.

The last time I was at the front of Epcot was Jan of this year, not that it matters. I understand there is a lot of construction going on there but up until appox. 2 weeks ago the guests from the resorts in question where entering the park from that entrance. I think Disney's timing is off with all the changes they are making all at the same time. Maybe they should have completed one project before starting another.

I think it is completely plausible that Disney would want to drum up business on the BW, it's a very nice place to visit. Prior to the Skyliner it wasn't the easiest place to get to for most guest staying on property. The Skyliner supplies a new way for many to be able to take advantage of that area. I think it's good business on the part of Disney to try and increase traffic in that area. Now that people have had a glimpse of the BW they will probable want to go back and visit all that the area has to offer and that is fine with me as long as it's not thousands all at one time. I'm sorry if that idea is "too much" for you but that doesn't mean it isn't so. It makes perfect sense to me.

And on that note I wish you all a very magical day. pixiedust:

I have another question, I wonder what Disney's plan is for inclement weather. A sudden thunder storm or high winds that would cause the Skyliner to go off-line so to speak. Will BW be the go to plan? Just wondering and I'm sure nobody here really knows the answer unless you have an inside connection to the powers that be at Disney...

Isn't the Contermorary a convention center? Why couldn't it operate like TOTWL?

TOTWL is at BLT, not CR. If you really think about it Bellevue Lounge is in the Inn side, not the villas. You seemed to be mentioning that people not staying at BWV should essentially not be allowed on the property. Even at BLT non-guests are allowed into the lobby during normal hours of operation.

TOTWL is at BLT, not CR. If you really think about it Bellevue Lounge is in the Inn side, not the villas. You seemed to be mentioning that people not staying at BWV should essentially not be allowed on the property. Even at BLT non-guests are allowed into the lobby during normal hours of operation.

What are you talking about? This was in reference to the Attic not the Bellevue Lounge...go back a few pages and you will see.

I have never said that people not staying at the BW shouldn't have access to the property, you need to go back and read my posts before you say such things. :sad2:

The only problem I worry about is that the guest relations booth of which there is only one, will get overrun creating long lines when trying to activate passes. I do not know if they have expanded the security stations but if they haven't then getting thru the IG will be a mess . I think adding people to boardwalk area in general is not necessarily a bad thing as the more traffic the more entertainment and new offerings . It is a boardwalk after all which promises fun right at your doorstep. I was really looking forward to riding the gondolas to the other resorts on the line in order to experience new restaurants and ambiance, so willing to wait and see how it all plays out. I will say I would not ride them during summer months period. Getting stopped for three hours would be an experience that could be the end of me in hot weather. I'll chance it during cool weather and make sure I take a bathroom break before riding. I was an avid skier so riding gondolas is not new to me but it was always in cold weather over land not water. never gave a thought to my safety then.

However, I am questioning the parents about bringing little kids to a BAR. not a bar/restaurant, a BAR.

I don’t really understand this sentiment when applied to a bar at Disney. It just isn’t the same as a bar off property. We’re definitely going to be visiting Oga’s, Enchanted Rose, and TOTWL on our upcoming trip. I’m really looking forward to checking out the theming at the new bars and trying out a drink. My kids will be with us because they’re on vacation with us. Why is this such an issue? It’s not like we’re getting trashed and partying until midnight.

In my mind this is similar to the Napa/Sonoma vineyards. They are beautiful and while alcohol is a big draw, plenty of families visit with their kids because you can check out the gorgeous scenery, have a picnic, etc. I’ve gone with plenty of friends and their kids and there were always other kids around. I never once thought it was weird or inappropriate. When it’s somewhere like Disney where the theming itself is a draw, I just fail to see the problem with checking out a new bar with the kids. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Really? You can get to BW from MK faster then you can get to BC? I'm not so sure of that.
I am. You have to pass BW on the route. What is not to be sure of? If you go by point A to get to point B, you will be able to get to point A faster.

Beach Club is on Epcot Resorts Blvd. This road has 2 entrances, 1 western one - by world drive and 1 eastern one - by the Speedway

To get to BC via the western entrance you will pass Swan & Dolphin, then YC, then you will hit the beach club.

Via the eastern entry, you will pass BW, then go under the bridge that holds the canal for the friendship boats, bend to the west and hit beach club.

Either way, you are passing at least one other resort before getting to BC. Ergo, it takes longer to get to BC via the roadways.

It isn't exactly rocket science.

I don’t really understand this sentiment when applied to a bar at Disney. It just isn’t the same as a bar off property. We’re definitely going to be visiting Oga’s, Enchanted Rose, and TOTWL on our upcoming trip. I’m really looking forward to checking out the theming at the new bars and trying out a drink. My kids will be with us because they’re on vacation with us. Why is this such an issue? It’s not like we’re getting trashed and partying until midnight.

In my mind this is similar to the Napa/Sonoma vineyards. They are beautiful and while alcohol is a big draw, plenty of families visit with their kids because you can check out the gorgeous scenery, have a picnic, etc. I’ve gone with plenty of friends and their kids and there were always other kids around. I never once thought it was weird or inappropriate. When it’s somewhere like Disney where the theming itself is a draw, I just fail to see the problem with checking out a new bar with the kids. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You are right, the strokes of my words were way to broad. I meant to speak ith regard to this person on social media crying about his/her kids. Enchanted Rose, and TOTWL are lounges. Nice atmospheres, both offering some various small plates. (well, I have not been to Enchanted Rose yet - but going by pictures and menus). Both places cater to everyone. Oga's is a bar, and it looks like a bar. Kids will enjoy the scenery. Just the expectation of it being this comfy lounge is misplaced. If your kids are tired, it may not be the respite they want. Nor do I think Disney should try to make it that - its ok to have a few places like this. There seemed to be plenty of places in SWGE to take a load off for a few minutes, no need to make a bar another one of them. If Oga's had a bunch of food, I would feel differently.

Then again, a social media post should probably be ignored, I just have to look at that one insane viral tweet last year saying that childless mothers should be banned.

Good point,

Isn't it true the BLT owners do not own TOTWL? Wouldnt the same be true of both The Attic, and Belle Vue lounge (if it were on the villas side).

I am. You have to pass BW on the route. What is not to be sure of? If you go by point A to get to point B, you will be able to get to point A faster.

Beach Club is on Epcot Resorts Blvd. This road has 2 entrances, 1 western one - by world drive and 1 eastern one - by the Speedway

To get to BC via the western entrance you will pass Swan & Dolphin, then YC, then you will hit the beach club.

Via the eastern entry, you will pass BW, then go under the bridge that holds the canal for the friendship boats, bend to the west and hit beach club.

Either way, you are passing at least one other resort before getting to BC. Ergo, it takes longer to get to BC via the roadways.

It isn't exactly rocket science.

OK I just did a bing map search and the distance between the MK and the Boardwalk is 6.7 miles and will take 21 minutes one way or 8.1 miles and 25 minutes depending on the route you take.

The distance between MK and BC is 7.5 miles and will take 23 minutes or 8.9 miles and will take 27 minutes again depending on the route taken.

So we are talking about less then one mile either way and only an additional 2 minutes either way. Ergo I would say that's splitting hairs.

You're right not rocket science, nobody said it was... :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter