Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they only control guests walking through the GCH to enter the park/secure zone, with the motive of being specifically capacity issues of security checks and using the GCH as a shortcut, so slightly different motives. They don't care about non-guests using the facilities (except pool, gym and observation decks, all of which are technically restricted at WDW too) and they really don't check for pool guests there, especially now with the Craftsman Grill being open to the pool, though there have been instances in really busy times they have done wrist bands but in September no checking was occurring (though without a room key you had to go through the Craftsman Grill to access the pool and I'm sure someone would use that if they want access).

But DLR doesn't have issues with non-guests walking through and visiting the resort, in fact they welcome it with the addition of the Craftsman Grill and larger Gingerbread/Cake displays they setup. It is simply a capacity issue with handling too many guests at the small security checkpoints (that are far too inadequate in the morning) into DTD and DCA and those guests passing through aren't using the resort for anything but a shortcut. But once in the secure zone you can enter GCH and leave to Disneyland Drive without issue or explore the resort freely. It's just an apples and oranges comparison as none of the WDW hotels provide direct access to a park, I bet if they did you would have similar controls in place (or make that entrance exclusive to resort guests, which GCH does do into DCA until like 10-11 if the line is busy).
Right. I agree. And I do not think they should stop non paying guests from entering the resorts. But— I also do not think they should bus large amounts of people to the resort and drop them off in front of the resort so that they walk through the resort to get where they are going... unless the visitors are redirected so that they do not walk through the resort like at GC.

Right. I agree. And I do not think they should stop non paying guests from entering the resorts. But— I also do not think they should bus large amounts of people to the resort and drop them off in front of the resort so that they walk through the resort to get where they are going... unless the visitors are redirected so that they do not walk through the resort like at GC.
I would assume a lot of people would agree with this, I do, they should take the least obtrusive path to the bus. Once they Skyliner opens this concern should go away and if it indefinitely remains closed I suspect that they switch back to the old busing situation. But I think a lot of the concerns (or at least I took them to be) were that these people would be using the amenities and shouldn't be, which is were I saw a lot of push-back from others. Along with concerns that people shouldn't be allowed to park at the resorts, under no circumstance, unless they had an ADR or were staying there. Or that the IG was somehow exclusive to the Epcot resorts, which has been utilized as a Park Hopping point and access to Boardwalk which used to be advertised an attraction, I actually think it still is.

This is really like the neighborhood over from me, where they are all shocked that a plat near them that has been zoned a certain kind of commercial for 20 years is being developed... and it's being developed commercially according to its zoning. So the trees and open field will be gone, and they're wringing their hands about how this ruins everything.

It's been zoned for this for decades. And the reality is that Disney could have been redeveloping the back of Epcot for decades as well.

Really? I'm not quite sure how one is relevant to the other...

I'm curious what DVC resort you call home and how you would feel if 5,000(+-) guests started swarming it? Just curious...

I would assume a lot of people would agree with this, I do, they should take the least obtrusive path to the bus. Once they Skyliner opens this concern should go away and if it indefinitely remains closed I suspect that they switch back to the old busing situation. But I think a lot of the concerns (or at least I took them to be) were that these people would be using the amenities and shouldn't be, which is were I saw a lot of push-back from others. Along with concerns that people shouldn't be allowed to park at the resorts, under no circumstance, unless they had an ADR or were staying there. Or that the IG was somehow exclusive to the Epcot resorts, which has been utilized as a Park Hopping point and access to Boardwalk which used to be advertised an attraction, I actually think it still is.

I'm not saying that people from other areas, staying at other resorts shouldn't be allowed to use IG, that is not what I'm saying at all. My objection was to having a mass amount of people being redirected to the BW when the BC is closer. Why not drop them off at the BC instead of BW, it's a shorter walk to Epcot and easier access to the walkway for people with mobility issues? Is the BC held in higher regard by Disney then the BW? Is this purely to drum up business for the BW area? I don't know but that is how it appears to me. I don't really care if the BW proper is busy, that isn't a bad thing but when you overwhelm it a 1,000 or more extra people it will take away from the enjoyment of the area. The BW proper isn't really equipped to handle that much traffic IMHO.

I'm not saying that people from other areas, staying at other resorts shouldn't be allowed to use IG, that is not what I'm saying at all. My objection was to having a mass amount of people being redirected to the BW when the BC is closer. Why not drop them off at the BC instead of BW, it's a shorter walk to Epcot and easier access to the walkway for people with mobility issues? Is the BC held in higher regard by Disney then the BW? Is this purely to drum up business for the BW area? I don't know but that is how it appears to me. I don't really care if the BW proper is busy, that isn't a bad thing but when you overwhelm it a 1,000 or more extra people it will take away from the enjoyment of the area. The BW proper isn't really equipped to handle that much traffic IMHO.
Actually I suspect that BW is the bus location because it is the most efficient place for the actual bus since it is on the south side of crescent lake thus they don't have to drive the bus around Epcot Resort Blvd. So I think BW was simply chosen for this purpose.

Really? I'm not quite sure how one is relevant to the other...

I'm curious what DVC resort you call home and how you would feel if 5,000(+-) guests started swarming it? Just curious...

I'm not referring to swimming. I am referring to being upset that people are using IG and the Boardwalk entertainment district for the purposes they were built for, and that added development (the gondola) went in as could be expected from the property 'zoning.'

Saratoga is the land of "people walking from the free parking at DS and crashing pools and the bus service." It's aggravating but it's also inevitable based on where the resort is.

By amenities, do you mean the belle vue lounge and lobby? Do you agree that non paying guests should not be using pools, work out rooms, community halls, etc? Because the only places I think non paying guests should be able to access at boardwalk are the lobby and belle vue. There is no restaurant there. And honestly the belle vue is nothing spectacular, small and ho hum. There are not many people who will make the hike to boardwalk for this lounge. I wouldn’t. But... if they are dropped off at Boardwalk and the hotel is presented to them as if the lobby is a bus station, then they will go there. That is what I am talking about. I do not like the idea of Disney doing this. Will Disney bus people to the contemporary so that they can walk through the hotel and walk into the magic kingdom that way? No, obviously not. I have no issue with parking at boardwalk as long as there is a spot for me there if I am a paying guest at boardwalk. And yes if resort guests have to pay then I think visitors not staying on Disney property should have to pay at some level. In this way, I think it should be monitored. As for the boardwalk itself or the international gateway— those have nothing to do with the boardwalk hotel and do not concern me. I know others are concerned about this and I understand how they feel, but I am que sera on that.

My guess because you already have far many more people walking on the BC side of the lake to Epcot because the total number of combined rooms at BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin dwarf BWI/BVW. They want to maintain the smoothest crowd flow for all guests.

By amenities, do you mean the belle vue lounge and lobby? Do you agree that non paying guests should not be using pools, work out rooms, community halls, etc? Because the only places I think non paying guests should be able to access at boardwalk are the lobby and belle vue. There is no restaurant there. And honestly the belle vue is nothing spectacular, small and ho hum. There are not many people who will make the hike to boardwalk for this lounge. I wouldn’t. But... if they are dropped off at Boardwalk and the hotel is presented to them as if the lobby is a bus station, then they will go there. That is what I am talking about. I do not like the idea of Disney doing this. Will Disney bus people to the contemporary so that they can walk through the hotel and walk into the magic kingdom that way? No, obviously not. I have no issue with parking at boardwalk as long as there is a spot for me there if I am a paying guest at boardwalk. And yes if resort guests have to pay then I think visitors not staying on Disney property should have to pay at some level. In this way, I think it should be monitored. As for the boardwalk itself or the international gateway— those have nothing to do with the boardwalk hotel and do not concern me. I know others are concerned about this and I understand how they feel, but I am que sera on that.
Also to answer you questions I amm in agreement that the pool, gym, and community hall are off limits, thought this was clear in prior posts. My concern is the ideal that the resort restaurants/shops/bars are off limits to non-resort guests, perhaps not directed directly at you. As to the Contemporary being used as an entrance to MK it is already done and been done for years except it's done through a boat from WL and FW.

Overall I'm a bit confused on the concerns are in general of this thread: 1) Is it the increase to IG, 2) Is it the increase in non-resort Guests visiting the stores and restaurants, 3) Non-resort guests using the gym, pool, community hall, 4) Parking there for the parks, or 5) Is it simply people walking through the lobby to get to the bus stop? Of all these concerns 1 and 2 I simply don't see as a real issue but just how WDW has always operated. I agree 3 is a concern but I don't think people wanting to leave Epcot are going to want to use those items and 4 & 5 to me are legitimate concerns and effort should be taken to minimize impact of 5 but also realize it is temporary. I do understand your concern is that Belle Vue will be overrun because people will know about it now and use it because they walk through, correct?

Last edited:
Exactly!

So my personal story is that we bought DVC in 2006 with 3 elementary aged kids. Our vacays have changed over the years. But as of late, with 3 kids off to college/out of college, we were enjoying a couple only trip during Epcot festival time. Where we'd eat and drink and pop in and out of Epcot. No rushing for EMH and going park commando. No dealing with QS lines for meals and DP credits. No, now we do festival lunches and then signature dinners with night caps in lounges and have a leisurely relaxed vacay (as best one can at WDW). But they make changes that constantly ruin that. Our fave signature, AP, went to character meal. A nice lounge to have some wine in, Mizner's, is now a Beauty and the Beast photo op for families with kiddos. I even recently saw, on social media, a lady moaning about how crappy it was to have to stand at the bar in Oga's and her 2 little kids had to sit perched on the foot rest of the bar. THE BAR. Anyway, I was one who voiced dismay at the stupid Skyliner coming to my beloved IG and all the cheerleaders swore it would not be an issue as it would run swiftly and smoothly and be just awesome. The IG turnstiles could handle it as it wouldn't be too many people and the place was a ghost town anyway... was pretty much what was said. And even though WDW has WAY more strollers and scooters than ski resorts all over the world...it could move swiftly without ever stopping. It would be GREAT! :rolleyes:

So these empty nesters (us) need to just find a new place to vacay. Maybe we'll venture back when we have grand babies.
Yes owner at BWV villas
Or the folks who park at BW just to walk into Epcot or HS. Every time I am staying there, I watch folks do it. The parking is limited already.

I agree these lounges need to have more space and definitely need more staff. I don't know why BW resort can't use the Attic as another lounge. It's for booking events and not used regularly. They could have that space as a full time lounge.
Yes we own there too and have to park far away from entrance while after the fireworks tons flow out and down to parking lot or buses EVEN with the fake security there. We can't park close they sent us to the lot right on the left a super long walk. Staying at SSR this year, which might be our last
I don’t believe it’s possible to watch folks do it without completely stalking their every move. You don’t know if they checked in days prior.
We are locals and consistently valet at BW and visit Epcot. Do you watch us? We are legit as we valet and present a tables receipt when picking up our car. Do you follow us throughout the night?
Yep I watch you too. I also watch the ones who get off the bus and walk to the parking lot

THANK YOU!!! It is comforting to read that I wasn’t the only one disturbed by parents getting wasted with their little kids in the same bar. Odd. Really odd. No matter how good the theming is it is not an environment for little kids.

But it's a bar at Disney, and the theming and environment are inherently different from your standard bar elsewhere. I'm not one for getting wasted (haven't even had a drink in a couple years), but I fully intend on visiting bars like Oga's and Enchanted Rose for the theming and to get a cocktail. Typically we don't have others with us to watch our kids on vacation, so they go with us everywhere. I wouldn't complain about lack of seating for kids, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with visiting a fun, themed bar/lounge at Disney to take some pictures and share a drink with DH. TOTWL is a bar/lounge and we've brought DS up to eat and watch the fireworks, and many others have brought their kids up as well.

I guess some consider that irresponsible, but there are degrees to everything and we all just need to make our own judgment calls. In our case, we hardly drink, enjoy things like theming and fireworks viewing, aren’t keeping them in a bar until midnight, and certainly aren’t complaining or being presumptuous about anyone needing to accommodate our kids at a bar.

Overall I'm a bit confused on the concerns are in general of this thread:

Same... I don’t think the current situation at BWV with the Skyliner is expected to be an ongoing thing after the Skyliner has reopened. Personally I don’t feel like my vacation experiences have been marred by non guests accessing hotel spaces. One of the things I love about WDW is that you can resort hop and visit various dining and entertainment options without staying at the resorts. While facilities like pools, parking, etc. should be monitored, I also agree that it doesn’t always make sense from a staffing and budget standpoint so it’s unlikely to be 100% all of the time, and it just doesn’t faze me. We used to rent a car and stayed at BWI with one multiple times, and while parking wasn’t always easy it also didn’t bother us. Now we mostly take Disney transportation since with the kids, it’s almost like an attraction for them.

Also to answer you questions I amm in agreement that the pool, gym, and community hall are off limits, thought this was clear in prior posts. My concern is the ideal that the resort restaurants/shops/bars are off limits to non-resort guests, perhaps not directed directly at you. As to the Contemporary being used as an entrance to MK it is already done and been done for years except it's done through a boat from WL and FW.

Overall I'm a bit confused on the concerns are in general of this thread: 1) Is it the increase to IG, 2) Is it the increase in non-resort Guests visiting the stores and restaurants, 3) Non-resort guests using the gym, pool, community hall, 4) Parking there for the parks, or 5) Is it simply people walking through the lobby to get to the bus stop? Of all these concerns 1 and 2 I simply don't see as a real issue but just how WDW has always operated. I agree 3 is a concern but I don't think people wanting to leave Epcot are going to want to use those items and 4 & 5 to me are legitimate concerns and effort should be taken to minimize impact of 5 but also realize it is temporary. I do understand your concern is that Belle Vue will be overrun because people will know about it now and use it because they walk through, correct?

I think I agree with you on most of the issues discussed, except the idea that the contemporary is being used as an entrance to the magic kingdom— I disagree here. Yes, some boats do go to the contemporary, but they are very small boats, with light usage, and generally the only people who take them are people going to the contemporary. Disney is not making the contemporary the main entrance to the magic kingdom for visitors from pop, AOA, CBR, and RIV. That is a whole other situation. But that is what they are doing at BWV. If they proceed as they have, they will be busing thousands of people to BWV as their main entrance to get to Epcot every time the skyliner is down. And let’s face it, with Orlando weather and now mechanical issues, this will be quite often.

So for me that is the biggest issue. The extra traffic through the resort. They should be dropping Epcot visitors at the front of the park as they have been doing for years.

My next issue is that in dropping people at BWV, Disney is encouraging people to think of BWV as an extension or part of the bus stop, and yes, I think many more people will hang out there than previously.

My third issue is that the indoor public spaces at BWV can barely accommodate the guests who stay there— I found them too small when we stayed there a month ago- and more traffic through the resort will make it an unpleasant place to stay. From my point of view, Disney already has a bit of a problem with people treating the resort and some other resorts poorly (bare feet on furniture, people sleeping in lobby, locals and people staying off site coming to use the pools for free), and so I do think Disney will have to address this as time goes on.

And then, yes, belle vue lounge is the only place where guests of BWV can hang out (besides the lobby and community hall— limited hours and does not serve drinks). That is my concern there. It is small. It is already packed. Dh and I commented on this before even realizing these skyliner issues. If Disney wanted to make Boardwalk hotel (I am not talking about the boardwalk) a destination, I feel they should have made a much larger lounge and space to accommodate the crowds. Many hotels in the “real world” do this. But I in no way think non guests should be prohibited from going there. I just do not think they should be encouraged to go there. And I think there is a lot Disney can do to not encourage.

On top of that— there are utubers, prominent ones, who over the last couple of years have started to show the public how easy it is to walk off the street so to speak and into community halls and pools etc. I find this upsetting and think Disney has got to put an end to it, and yes I do think Disney has to monitor pool entrances as well as other entrances. The last time we stayed at poly, the pool was a madhouse. The gate was permanently propped open, and the in out traffic at that gate was constant. Very few people had on magic bands. I know not everyone wears the bands, but I can tell that there were a lot of non guests there and no one was monitoring this at all. I am done with poly. No desire to stay there again. I just don’t want every resort to be that unpleasant. That’s all.

I am also struck by the sense of entitlement some people seem to have in all this, maybe even Disney’s. It is a little scary. Someone pays for all of these buildings and facilities. And I do not think there is enough respect for that.

It seems to me a variety of concerns have been expressed on this thread, but I can only speak to mine. I’ll let others chime in because I have gone on a lot. Lol.

Last edited:
I think I agree with you on most of the issues discussed, except the idea that the contemporary is being used as an entrance to the magic kingdom— I disagree here. Yes, some boats do go to the contemporary, but they are very small boats, with light usage, and generally the only people who take them are people going to the contemporary. Disney is not making the contemporary the main entrance to the magic kingdom for visitors from pop, AOA, CBR, and RIV. That is a whole other situation. But that is what they are doing at BWV. If they proceed as they have, they will be busing thousands of people to BWV as their main entrance to get to Epcot every time the skyliner is down. And let’s face it, with Orlando weather and now mechanical issues, this will be quite often.
Aren't the normal buses running to Epcot from AOA, CBR, and Pop. I was under the impression they are from all guest reports on the DIS and Disney. So that is why I felt WL and FW is analogous as it is an additional entrance point to MK. Perhaps less rooms yes but a similar situation. I think they are simply running the buses from BW because they didn't want to turn guests all the way to the front of Epcot when they were conditioned to use the Skyliner as an option. I agree if this extends for a long period (stated previously) they should just stop the buses. I think the busing from the IG area should be for short down times only.
So for me that is the biggest issue. The extra traffic through the resort. They should be dropping Epcot visitors at the front of the park as they have been doing for years.
Thought they still have that as an option. So if they Skyliner is running do you have any issue? I would assume not based on this. See my agreement above this should be for short down times only.
My third issue is that the indoor public spaces at BWV can barely accommodate the guests who stay there— I found them too small when we stayed there a month ago- and more traffic through the resort will make it an unpleasant place to stay. From my point of view, Disney already has a bit of a problem with people treating the resort and some other resorts poorly (bare feet on furniture, people sleeping in lobby, locals and people staying off site coming to use the pools for free), and so I do think Disney will have to address this as time goes on.

And then, yes, belle vue lounge is the only place where guests of BWV can hang out (besides the lobby and community hall— limited hours and does not serve drinks). That is my concern there. It is small. It is already packed. Dh and I commented on this before even realizing these skyliner issues. If Disney wanted to make Boardwalk a destination, I feel they should have made a much larger lounge and space to accommodate the crowds. Many hotels in the “real world” do this. But I in no way think non guests should be prohibited from going there. I just do not think they should be encouraged to go there. And I think there is a lot Disney can do to not encourage.
My understanding is the restaurants and bars on the Boardwalk are technically all apart of the resort. So there are a number of lounges (AbracadaBar is the other I know of) available just none that can be accessed without going outside. I guess the issue is you don't like them being inside... Tou don't like them using the gym, pool, and community hall (in agreement) but also don't like them in the lobby or Belle Vue because it is inside. Have you seen this being an issue first hand that the concern actually manifested itself?
On top of that— there are utubers, prominent ones, who over the last couple of years have started to show the public how easy it is to walk off the street so to speak and into community halls and pools etc. I find this upsetting and think Disney has got to put an end to it, and yes I do think Disney has to monitor pool entrances as well as other entrances. The last time we stayed at poly, the pool was a madhouse. The gate was permanently propped open, and the in out traffic at that gate was constant. Very few people had on magic bands. I know not everyone wears the bands, but I can tell that there were a lot of non guests there and no one was monitoring this at all. I am done with poly. No desire to stay there again. I just don’t want every resort to be that unpleasant. That’s all.
Personally I've never seen this at Poly nor had no issues with CM taking care of non-resort guests in the pool if it was brought to their attention. In fact usually over Thanksgiving week the Poly pool had a CM at the gate checking MB when I walk the resort. But I agree no one should be using the exclusive amenities which are very clearly defined (pools, gyms, community halls, club lounges).
I am also struck by the sense of entitlement some people seem to have in all this, maybe even Disney’s. It is a little scary. Someone pays for all of these buildings and facilities. And I do not think there is enough respect for that.
I personally didn't find what you wrote here as sense of entitlements. I fully appreciate and think you are right guests who want to bus from BW back to CBR, Pop, or AoA need to be told to respect BW and not use the lobby as an extension of the bus stop. My concerns were really focused on other issues expressed in this thread: feeling on non-resort guests clogging up restaurants, increased IG traffic, day guest parking, etc. though I find your concern as valid if it starts to cause an issue.

I think the only pool that Disney monitors all the time is the one at YC/BC. I don't know for sure that this is true but anytime we have been in that area they have lifeguards stationed at the entry points.
I’ve been in Aug 2 separate times where SAB was not being monitored. It is not the norm, but at rare times the pool is not monitored.

Aren't the normal buses running to Epcot from AOA, CBR, and Pop. I was under the impression they are from all guest reports on the DIS and Disney. So that is why I felt WL and FW is analogous as it is an additional entrance point to MK. Perhaps less rooms yes but a similar situation. I think they are simply running the buses from BW because they didn't want to turn guests all the way to the front of Epcot when they were conditioned to use the Skyliner as an option. I agree if this extends for a long period (stated previously) they should just stop the buses. I think the busing from the IG area should be for short down times only.

Thought they still have that as an option. So if they Skyliner is running do you have any issue? I would assume not based on this. See my agreement above this should be for short down times only.

My understanding is the restaurants and bars on the Boardwalk are technically all apart of the resort. So there are a number of lounges (AbracadaBar is the other I know of) available just none that can be accessed without going outside. I guess the issue is you don't like them being inside... Tou don't like them using the gym, pool, and community hall (in agreement) but also don't like them in the lobby or Belle Vue because it is inside. Have you seen this being an issue first hand that the concern actually manifested itself?

Personally I've never seen this at Poly nor had no issues with CM taking care of non-resort guests in the pool if it was brought to their attention. In fact usually over Thanksgiving week the Poly pool had a CM at the gate checking MB when I walk the resort. But I agree no one should be using the exclusive amenities which are very clearly defined (pools, gyms, community halls, club lounges).

I personally didn't find what you wrote here as sense of entitlements. I fully appreciate and think you are right guests who want to bus from BW back to CBR, Pop, or AoA need to be told to respect BW and not use the lobby as an extension of the bus stop. My concerns were really focused on other issues expressed in this thread: feeling on non-resort guests clogging up restaurants, increased IG traffic, day guest parking, etc. though I find your concern as valid if it starts to cause an issue.

I do not know about the buses still running to the front of Epcot. Although I suspect given the option most people will go to BWV to get to Epcot. But the numbers are very, very large in comparison to WL regardless. We stayed at WL four times in the 10 years ago range and we never used the boat to the contemporary to get to the magic kingdom. It would have taken longer than the boat directly to the MK which is the one we did take. For those on the skyliner line the bus to Epcot is the fastest way to get to Epcot.

No, I have no problem with the skyliner and people on the boardwalk. But I hope they make the access point into Epcot larger. And I hope people are not “encouraged” to go into the hotel. I do not consider the shops and restaurants on the boardwalk to be a part of the hotel. Aren’t they almost all owned by outside entities? I consider BW hotel and the BW area to be different things. In general, I just think Disney needs to afford more respect to paying guests at their hotels. The BW lobby is really quite small for the size of the resort and compared to other Disney hotels. Both the lobby and belle vue felt crowded when we were there over Labor Day— and that was an empty time at WDW, very empty. We are actually staying there over thanksgiving. Split stay, there and BC. It will be interesting to see what that area is like now. Although, I will say, I wish we were staying somewhere else. And I did not feel like that before.

Last edited:
I do not know about the buses still running to the front of Epcot. Although I suspect given the option most people will go to BWV to get to Epcot.

Disney is NOT using buses to drop Epcot guests off at the Boardwalk. Buses from Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Pop Century go to the front of the park as they always have.

No, I have no problem with the skyliner and people on the boardwalk. But I hope they make the access point into Epcot larger.

It has already been increased in size. There are now at least 5 bag check / metal detector stations and a similar increase in MagicBand entry points.

And I hope people are not “encouraged” to go into the hotel.

No, they are not.

Awful lot of false information and hand-wringing flying around now.

It is very interesting to me that they are checking at SSR. They must be having problems with people coming through Disney springs to use the pool?

There doesn’t have to be a problem, but rather that on a holiday weekend with lots of guests, they decided to monitor it. Seems more to me like good enforcement and common sense.

So again, we just disagree on all these points. I disagree on cost. I disagree on value. I disagree that it won’t happen. And I have talked to many people who also were not allowed to walk through GC, not denied entry, but redirected as a way to get to the parks.

I am not sure how long you have been visiting WDW, but not sure why you think there is rapid abuse of the rules? I have been going yearly since 1994, and in the past 5 years, 3 to 4 times..5 times already in 2019, with stays at all DVC resorts except OKW, and have never seen things to be crazy. When things were busy, they worked to ensure things were done well and when they were not busy, then what would be the purpose.

Disney is not going to put into place polices that make the resorts places not to visit or make it so that as a resort guest, you feel that you were not trusted either. Honestly if ever time I went to a pool or a bar at the resort I am staying I had to consistently show my ID or scab my band to prove I belong there, it would ruin the trip. When they checked at BW pool, it made a sense to me due to crowds. But just now at SSR when there were plenty of chairs, it would have been unnecessary and annoying.

Let’s hope they never get to that point unless they need to like they do at SAB..which obviously had to be done.

Disney is NOT using buses to drop Epcot guests off at the Boardwalk. Buses from Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach and Pop Century go to the front of the park as they always have.

It has already been increased in size. There are now at least 5 bag check / metal detector stations and a similar increase in MagicBand entry points.

No, they are not.

Awful lot of false information and hand-wringing flying around now.

Yeah, so it looks like we disagree on all of these points as well. :p

There doesn’t have to be a problem, but rather that on a holiday weekend with lots of guests, they decided to monitor it. Seems more to me like good enforcement and common sense.

I am not sure how long you have been visiting WDW, but not sure why you think there is rapid abuse of the rules? I have been going yearly since 1994, and in the past 5 years, 3 to 4 times..5 times already in 2019, with stays at all DVC resorts except OKW, and have never seen things to be crazy. When things were busy, they worked to ensure things were done well and when they were not busy, then what would be the purpose.

Disney is not going to put into place polices that make the resorts places not to visit or make it so that as a resort guest, you feel that you were not trusted either. Honestly if ever time I went to a pool or a bar at the resort I am staying I had to consistently show my ID or scab my band to prove I belong there, it would ruin the trip. When they checked at BW pool, it made a sense to me due to crowds. But just now at SSR when there were plenty of chairs, it would have been unnecessary and annoying.

Let’s hope they never get to that point unless they need to like they do at SAB..which obviously had to be done.

I’ve been going to wdw since 1980, so I have a pretty good frame of reference. ;)

It would be interesting to know how non guests are coming to use the pool at SSR. Maybe through DS. Maybe just driving in? If Disney is checking at SSR, that’s significant. I would not think SSR would be a big draw.

I’ve been going to wdw since 1980, so I have a pretty good frame of reference. ;)

It would be interesting to know how non guests are coming to use the pool at SSR. Maybe through DS. Maybe just driving in? If Disney is checking at SSR, that’s significant. I would not think SSR would be a big draw.

The person who said they checked and were denied entry was on a very busy Memorial Day weekend, one of the 2 weekends I was checked at BW main pool that was extremely crowded.

I was just at the SSR springs pool and no one was checking anything because there was no need.

I guess I have no idea how you know who and who is not a resort guest at pools or work our rooms or hotel bars to say you know there are abuse of the facilities by non resort guests, Never been asked that question by another resort guest ever at any of those locations.

It seems to me, to be frank, that when someone shares a different experience than what you believe to be true, you negate their experience as being untrue.

If you have had a lot of experiences with non resort guests abusing resort amenities at the BW and other resorts, I am sorry that you have and it’s ruined your vacations. But, I, and others on this thread who have shared our own experiences, have simply not experienced it.

The Skyliner and any other busing that is done to BW resort will have an impact on the IG and other amenities on the Boardwalk, but I just don’t see it becoming a free for all for families to sneak in and try to use resort amenities on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter