Skimpy Teen Clothing: Opinions?

I still asked to see the card so I could see the back of it (the signature). It's policy. (I worked retail less than a year ago.)

OT but ...

And thank heaven for stores with that policy!!! No one but the cardholder should be cleared to use that card, and store security should be called immediately if someone other than the cardholder tries. EVERY. TIME.

Identity theft is running rampant in the US, and believe it or not, the most common culprits are family members of victims. That makes things REALLY difficult for those of us who have our identity stolen by hackers and dumpster divers, because we end up dealing with police officers who want to write off the crimes against us as domestic disputes.

Don't lend your cards to your kids, please -- by doing so you are making life easier for criminals, who can just say, "Oh, it's my mom's card" and be believed.

OT but ...

And thank heaven for stores with that policy!!! No one but the cardholder should be cleared to use that card, and store security should be called immediately if someone other than the cardholder tries. EVERY. TIME.

Identity theft is running rampant in the US, and believe it or not, the most common culprits are family members of victims. That makes things REALLY difficult for those of us who have our identity stolen by hackers and dumpster divers, because we end up dealing with police officers who want to write off the crimes against us as domestic disputes.

Don't lend your cards to your kids, please -- by doing so you are making life easier for criminals, who can just say, "Oh, it's my mom's card" and be believed.

:thumbsup2

I once had a woman come to the store with her mother's credit card, trying to purchase things with it. She even had a letter from the mother stating that she has authorized her to use the card. The signature on the letter matched the signature on the card, but even after calling managers and getting higher-up involved, they would not let the woman use her mother's card to make Christmas purchases.

It was unfortunate because she was being honest in the case, but with identity theft going around, we tried to protect the customers.

Nowasdays you have to slide your own care through the machine so they don't ask for ID, the only time stores ask for ID is if you have to hand the card to the sales person.

I work at the Disney Store and always ask for card and id when a credit card is used. I don't ask for id if it is a debit card as they just have to type in their pin.

I work at the Disney Store and always ask for card and id when a credit card is used. I don't ask for id if it is a debit card as they just have to type in their pin.

OT- I added my daughter to our credit cards so she has one that has her own name on it. She does not have access to it unless I send her with it and she is very responsible when I say you can spend X dollars she will usually stay under that.

Wow!!! Parents of boys have the same responsibilty as parents of girls to teach them to have respect for the opposite sex and each other. Boy's pants need to ride above their buttocks and girls shorts shouldn't reveal their bottoms either. To say "dress to please yourself" to a young child is a loaded gun. Their judgment is still developing and peer pressure is too strong. They want to conform. It is up to parents to teach these kids about modesty and self-esteem. Too many young women use their bodies as a way of attracting attention because any attention is better than no attention. In today's society parents have to be even more vigilant in protecting our sons and daughters from predators. Teach them at an early age that what is within them is more important than trying to attract or exhibit with their bodies. Whew!!!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter