Site won't remember my ID and password

The "login test" trick worked for me for a few minutes, and now it's back to booting me out periodically.

I'm experiencing the very same problem since the update. Clearing the cookies did NOT help. It keeps logging me out. Hmmmm....
Same here. Today was the first time in 5 days I've been able to log on to the Disboards! Very, very frustrating!!!

The next time you log in, manually log out with the 'Log Out' selection. Then log back in with the 'remember me' option. This appears to have fixed the problem for me and hopefully it will work for you.

I'm having the same problem. :)
Apperantly a bunch of vbulletin boards are but they have no fix yet. I'll keep checking

I have verified the cookies are not the problem and don't fix it.. I have also verified what I was suspecting. It is only remembering our logon status until the session expires. In fact, overnight I didn't close the browser and as soon as I refreshed, it showed me logged out.

I then logged in, and then closed the browser window (and ALL other browser windows which is key). I then browsed back to disboards, and sure enough it shows me logged off. Meaning once I forced a new session, the system doesn't know I am logged in.

It appears that it is not using the cookies at all to automatically log anyone on, but if your session is still active, it will remember you on. This is on IE anyhow, Safari does seem to be working at least on some of our computers.

Hope this helps you solve the problem.

The next time you log in, manually log out with the 'Log Out' selection. Then log back in with the 'remember me' option. This appears to have fixed the problem for me and hopefully it will work for you.

This seems to have corrected my problem. Thanks!!

I have verified the cookies are not the problem and don't fix it.. I have also verified what I was suspecting. It is only remembering our logon status until the session expires. In fact, overnight I didn't close the browser and as soon as I refreshed, it showed me logged out.

I then logged in, and then closed the browser window (and ALL other browser windows which is key). I then browsed back to disboards, and sure enough it shows me logged off. Meaning once I forced a new session, the system doesn't know I am logged in.

It appears that it is not using the cookies at all to automatically log anyone on, but if your session is still active, it will remember you on. This is on IE anyhow, Safari does seem to be working at least on some of our computers.

Hope this helps you solve the problem.

The problem is that it is not happening to all users consistently. After I did the cookie clearing thing I no longer have the problem and numerous users are reporting the same thing. If it's not using cookies I can't imagine how else it is keeping track of sessions.

nothing worked for me i had to log in to any discusssion to find this one it driving me crazy!!!

I'm having the same problem. VERY annoying.

And it logged me out WHILE I was posting so I lost a very long post which REALLY tightened my jaws.

To those still having problems - have you changed your display setting to "Login Test"? That's what worked for me.

Scroll down to the VERY bottom of the page. On the same line where it says
"Contact Us - www.DISboards.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top",
to the far left there's a dropdown box.
When you click on the arrow to bring up the list, it'll be titled "Quick Style Chooser".
The very last style listed is Login Test. Select that. I've been logged in for two days, uninterrupted - and nothing had worked for me before that :(

I think login test may work until you go to a forum that forces a certain style. Since I spend a lot of time on the Universal forum, I think that's why it's not working for me. I also tried the logging out and then back in again thing, but still had to login again this evening. Very frustrating!

grrrrrrr
none of the suggestions worked.

btw, try copying your posts before hitting submit so you don't lose all that typing each time - just paste it in a new post when you get logged back in.

i hope this gets fixed soon :flower3:

I've been having this problems for days. I've tried ALL of the suggestions here and nothing has worked. Any more suggestions?

Thanks!!

Glad I'm not the only one. I am soooo frustrated. I came over to see if anyone else had problems like me. Now what?????

This is getting so frustrating and annoying. I have tried all of the above suggestions and nothing is working.

This is not making me happy and making me not want to visit the boards.

Frustration here too!!! There must be a glitch somewhere that needs to be fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter