Site won't remember my ID and password

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Since this morning, every time I come onto the site, it won't remember my used ID and pasword even though I had it clicked to "remember me" - none of my other websites w. passwords and user names are having this issue, so I don't think its my user settings

thanks for the help!

Update: If you are using Windows, please read this post.

Try clearing cookies, this happens sometimes after an upgrade

I'm experiencing the very same problem since the update. Clearing the cookies did NOT help. It keeps logging me out. Hmmmm....

I also keep having to log in when using Firefox. I do not have the same problem with Explorer. It has been occurring since the upgrade on Friday night.

Cleared cookies and it's still not keeping me logged in as it used to.

Ironically, I came to this Forum to post the same problem and found this thread. It started happening to me this weekend, as well (I use Internet Explorer). Clearing the cookies didn't help. No problems with any other websites...just here on the DIS. :confused3

I'm having the same problem. :)
Apperantly a bunch of vbulletin boards are but they have no fix yet. I'll keep checking

Thanks, Alex. I'm having the same problems, have cleared my cookies & rebooted my computer...

That's what I came to report as well! Even after a certain timeframe, I have to log on to post. It's frustrating! I hope it is fixed soon!

Me too, I hope this gets fixed soon, it's so frustrating.:headache:

Thanks for trying Alex.

I had the same problem but it fixed itself after I cleared all cookies for the second time.

Sequence of events as best I remember:

Open browser window (I'm using IE7)
Go to disboards, log in
Clear all cookies
Close browser window

Open browser window
Go to disboards, had to log in again
Clear all cookies
Close browser window

Open browser window
Go to disboards, it remembered me!

I had the same problem but it fixed itself after I cleared all cookies for the second time.

Sequence of events as best I remember:

Open browser window (I'm using IE7)
Go to disboards, log in
Clear all cookies
Close browser window

Open browser window
Go to disboards, had to log in again
Clear all cookies
Close browser window

Open browser window
Go to disboards, it remembered me!

It seems some people do have luck after dumping cookies multiple times, there doesn't seem to be a real pattern who it works for and who it doesn't though

It seems some people do have luck after dumping cookies multiple times, there doesn't seem to be a real pattern who it works for and who it doesn't though
Yeah I figured that was the case. Just thought if those of us who manage to get things working again describe what we did, maybe a pattern will emerge that will offer some insight into what's going on.

Ugh! This is so frustrating. I've been trying all afternoon to get the boards to remember me. I've logged on a number of times through various search engines. Cleared my cookies. Still no luck. I give up. Guess I'm just not a hard core fan after all...this hassle just isn't worth it to me.

Glad to see I'm in good company with the brain loss! Actually I just logged off everything then went to 'settings', 'internet options' and clearing my browsing history and cookies. Then I had to log back on to everything that
used to keep my logon ID and re-login. This time it kept my logon ID so it
looks like it finally worked. Good luck everyone.

I had to log in twice, and it logged me off while I was in the middle of typing a new thread. I didn't know I was logged off, so I continued typing.
After I got done, I needed to log on again, and I think then I lost all that I typed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!