single rider line with a 2-year-old?

No. And what would you do with the 2 year old while you ride?

This will be a very different trip with just the two of you, filled with lower-key rides.

Children under 7 are not allowed in the single rider line since they are not old enough to ride without someone 14+.

ok, i thought a lot of the rides had this lane, so never mind! thank you.

At WDW only Test Track, Rock'n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage (FoP Single Rider is not currently in use) have Single Rider. And, yes, as mentioned a child must be 7 or older to ride alone, even to enter the SR lines.

Last edited:

yes guys, i got it, thanks. and all of the disney rides are low key, except for the few obvious exceptions like space mountain and the mine ride and a couple of others at most. i will be able to ride everything with him and he LOVES rides. not sure what one of the posters above was talking about.

yes guys, i got it, thanks. and all of the disney rides are low key, except for the few obvious exceptions like space mountain and the mine ride and a couple of others at most. i will be able to ride everything with him and he LOVES rides. not sure what one of the posters above was talking about.
If you really want to ride those rides and you are staying at a WDW resort, you could also use their in-room babysitting service for a few hours:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/child-care-services/

The rides that have single rider (test track, Rock n Roller Coaster, expedition everest) are all rides a 2 year old won't be tall enough to go on. So I'm unclear on what the plan is with your toddler when you ride.

If you mean this post, the single rider lines are just that ........... the rider will have to ride without their party. They are used to fill empty seats among other groups. So if you and a child get in that line, likely you would be split up into different cars. So poster was trying to figure out what you would do with a 2 year old since they can't ride at all. And if you thought that it would help you on tame rides ........ the purpose is still, riders to be split up to share with others ... but they don't have that on those rides. It's so folks can save time waiting in line by being willing to all split up.

Yes, there are many rides for you and your child. But there will also be a list of rides they may be too short to ride on.

oh no, i don't. i'm pregnant so can't ride 'em anyway. i was just confused about the single rider line - thought there were single rider lines on like every ride.

Nope, which is a bummer for me sometimes as I often travel alone. ;) Universal has single rider lines for almost everything. :) Have a great trip!!

The idea behind the single rider line is to fill a row/car, etc. In Test Track for example each row has 3 seats so rather than sending out half empty cars (to increase capacity) they'll fill in that third seat with a single rider. At Rock n Roller Coaster/Everest when they get parties with an odd amount of people they can add that single rider again to help fill the ride and increase capacity rather than sending out vehicles with open seats on such popular attractions.

If you mean the post, the single rider lines are just that ........... the rider will have to ride without their party. They are used to fill empty seats among other groups. So if you and a child get in that line, likely you would be split up into different cars. So poster was trying to figure out what you would do with a 2 year old since they can't ride at all. And if you thought that it would help you on tame rides ........ the purpose is still, riders to be split up to share with others ... but they don't have that on those rides. It's so folks can save time waiting in line by being willing to all split up.

Yes, there are many rides for you and your child. But there will also be a list of rides they may be too short to ride on.

Not really, because I won't be going on any of the ones with height requirements anyway - as I mentioned, I'm pregnant. There are not many of them at all with height requirements. The only one he'd have to go on alone is Barnstormer, and I plan to skip Stitch anyway as I've heard it's not very good.
  • Barnstormer (35")
  • Big Thunder (40")
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (38")
  • Space Mountain (44")
  • Splash Mountain (40")
  • Stitch's Great Escape (40")
  • Tomorrowland Speedway (32" minimum to ride, 54" minimum to drive)

If you mean this post, the single rider lines are just that ........... the rider will have to ride without their party. They are used to fill empty seats among other groups. So if you and a child get in that line, likely you would be split up into different cars. So poster was trying to figure out what you would do with a 2 year old since they can't ride at all. And if you thought that it would help you on tame rides ........ the purpose is still, riders to be split up to share with others ... but they don't have that on those rides. It's so folks can save time waiting in line by being willing to all split up.

Not really, because I won't be going on any of the ones with height requirements anyway - as I mentioned, I'm pregnant. There are not many of them at all with height requirements. The only one he'd have to go on alone is Barnstormer, and I plan to skip Stitch anyway as I've heard it's not very good.
  • Barnstormer (35")
  • Big Thunder (40")
  • Space Mountain (44")
  • Splash Mountain (40")

Not following you ... I said there are many. I also said there is a list of ones he'd be too short for ... and as your post shows ... I was right. And if you consider the other parks the list will grow but there will still be rides he/you can go on.

And he can't go on Barnstormer alone.

The only one he'd have to go on alone is Barnstormer

I think the point is anything you would use single rider for he would have to go alone (regardless of the height requirement). He cannot accompany you if you use the single rider so he'd either have to wait for you outside of the attraction while you use single rider or ride alone (which he cant because he is not 7 years old). Even if he was a 48" tall 2 year old, he couldnt ride alone.

• Barnstormer (35")
  • Big Thunder (40")
  • Space Mountain (44")
  • Splash Mountain (40")
The list is much longer than that, unless you plan to only visit Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom ®

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Height Requirement 38 inches (97cm) or taller
  • Tomorrowland Speedway Height Requirement 32 inches or taller
  • Stitch's Great Escape Height Requirement 40 inches (102 cm) or taller
  • Space Mountain Height Requirement 44 inches (113 cm) or taller
  • Splash Mountain Height Requirement 40 inches (102 cm) or talle
  • Big Thunder Mountain Height Requirement 40 inches (102 cm) or taller
  • "Goofy's Barnstormer" at least 35 inches (89 cm) or taller
Epcot ®

• Test Track Height Requirement 40 inches (102 cm) or taller
  • Mission: Space Height Requirement 44 inches (113 cm) or taller
  • Soarin' Height Requirement 40 inches (102 cm) or taller
Disney's Hollywood Studios ®

• Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Height Requirement 40" inches (102 cm) or taller
  • Star Tours Height Requirement 40" inches (102 cm) or taller
  • Rock n' Roller Coaster Height Requirement 48" inches (122 cm) or taller
Animal Kingdom ®
  • Dinosaur Height Requirement 40" inches (102 cm) or taller
  • Kali River Rapids Height Requirement 38" inches (95 cm) or taller
  • Primevil Whirl Height Requirement 48" inches (122 cm) or taller
  • Expedition Everest Height Requirement 44" inches (113 cm) or taller
  • Avatar Flight of Passage Height Requirement 44" inches (113 cm) or taller

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter