single rider line with a 2-year-old?

My only issue is that the additional postings after Post #3 that centered on the OP and her original question were not needed for the OP's benefit. (Pointing this out is my only and somewhat limited contribution to this thread.) And I must admit, it was the click-bait nature of the thread title that pulled me in, as I imagine it has others...

I disagree. OP needed three pieces of info which others added after post #3. She needed to know that not everything has a SR line, that rides have height requirements her toddler likely would not meet and that there is an age requirement to ride alone which definitely excludes her child from any SR line.

We considered a babysitter, there are a few services that offer sitters that accompany you to the parks (the non-disney brand ones are cheaper). That way you could get a little down time to go on the rides you want and have help.. Even if you used the minimum amount of time which I believe is 4 hours.

My very simple question was answered in the first reply.

I tried hard not to respond, but . . .

OP, please know as the thread went on we learned that, 1) You thought there were single rider lines for many rides, 2) You thought a 2-year old could ride a ride alone, 3) You thought, perhaps, you would be able to utilize a single-rider line so your 2-year old could ride alone. I've been on this forum for many years and I'm in a few FB groups as well and, time and time again, I've found many people become disappointed and frustrated with their trip experiences because they don't have all relevant info for their trip prior to going. People who thought they could book all Tier 1 FP+ in EP only to find on their FP+ booking day that you can't do that. People who thought their MB's were instant FP's for all rides, etc. etc. I hope you know, though you may have interpreted some of the responses as snarky, that most people on here are only trying to help. Did you really want to show up (or make a FP+) for Barnstormer thinking your 2-year old could line up in a non-existent SR line and ride alone only to be disappointed that neither of you will be able to ride the ride?

Is that how it is supposed to work?
I've had some rather young single riders join our TT car. (Seemingly Kindergarten age, I would never let my own kid single rider with strangers at that age)

My 8 year old is teeny-tiny (my 5 year old is just about an inch shorter) and looks really young. The secretary at his school, who presumably is *very* familiar with how old kids look, confused him for a K kid a few months ago.
Kid ages can be very difficult to judge.

This entire thread has cracked me up:

From the thought of a sippy cup drinking 2 year old in the single rider line at Rock N Rollercoaster, to an expectant mother riding Expedition Everest, to the back and forth over 0.1% Green Giant toddlers.

Thank you ............ tea just snorted through my nose. I thought I could save myself right up until we got to the Green Giants. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My 8 year old is teeny-tiny (my 5 year old is just about an inch shorter) and looks really young. The secretary at his school, who presumably is *very* familiar with how old kids look, confused him for a K kid a few months ago.
So true. DGD just finished 3rd grade, so a rising 4th graders. One of her classmates is probably even smaller than your DS. She's actually supposed to be a rising 5th grader and is the size of the Kindy kids. Her parents held her back in Kindy. Still hard for me to look at her and DGD next to each other and realize she's 8 months older than DGD. She comes to DGD's chest. Both her parents are just short of 5' so it's easy to see how she's tiny but it is always hard to guess age, that's for sure.

I will ditto that. My 12 year old daughter just moved up to 4T underwear and until you see her pull our her cell phone and thrust her hip out, you would seven she was seven. She has been riding single rider since she was seven... and looked four.

I don't want to say it like this, but... if you are the ONLY adult coming along, this is going to be a seriously over-priced trip to a splash fountain and some playground equipment. Most rides are really going to be off the table for you. :(

I wouldn't necessarily put it that way. I went to Disney while pregnant and still found a ton of rides and shows I could do.

We also took our son in May (18 months at the time). We did split up a couple of times, but even if we hadn't, there would still have been plenty to do to fill our days.

I do think OP is brave for taking a toddler to Disney alone while pregnant!

Oh yes and of course ... let me add.... I had step away from the board for a hour or two....

there is the ambiance and the music and the shows and live entertainment and all the other things that make Disney fun that AREN'T the rides. Of course you can have lots of fun!

I just see you possibly setting yourself up for a scenario where you will become over-stressed, exhausted and not enjoy as much of the vacation than if you had one other adult along to at least hold a child, or balance an extra plate, or make sure they don't jump into a decorative water feature! Two-year-olds can dart and run like nobody's business - I know you know that. I'm just thinking you are going to have to keep him contained in that stroller BUT there are so many times when you have to park the stroller and physically wrangle .. ugh you just need one more set of hands!

Hence my comment about "playground", that's pretty much what your small person is capable of conceiving this magical place as. Boy don't we all wish we could go back to that! But it's a Magic Kingdom, he's not going to enjoy the entertainment on the same level as you at all. Finding a pretend peanut on the splash grounds is about as awesome as getting a pirate hat, there's no difference despite that the peanut is free, the hat set you back like $30.

buuuuuuuut that said there is no value that should ever be placed on "time with family" so if you ARE going to Disney, just remember that it's not the same Magic Kingdom to smaller people! ;) Waving and dancing with a character at a parade may stick with them their whole life, but then again, they might only remember that one ride that scared them really badly... you just have to try it out and see what happens and what he loves.

But ohhhhhh I would call in some favor from someone, make a new childcare parent--friend, drag a family member into this... you will just be Mommy-Working the entire vacation if you're pregnant and your child is two.

and pardon me... but YOU're paying the bill, you SHOULD have some vacation! :P

I disagree. OP needed three pieces of info which others added after post #3. She needed to know that not everything has a SR line, that rides have height requirements her toddler likely would not meet and that there is an age requirement to ride alone which definitely excludes her child from any SR line.

Text in bold is the one thing she needed to know. This was communicated in post #2, and then the OP actually said "never mind" in post #3. The OP herself repeated in Post #20 that post #2 told her all she needed to know.

Regarding the assertion that she needed to know "that rides have height requirements her toddler likely would not meet" is refuted by the fact that the OP herself literally listed all the MK rides with height requirements in Post # 14.

I tried hard not to respond, but . . .

OP, please know as the thread went on we learned that, 1) You thought there were single rider lines for many rides, 2) You thought a 2-year old could ride a ride alone, 3) You thought, perhaps, you would be able to utilize a single-rider line so your 2-year old could ride alone. I've been on this forum for many years and I'm in a few FB groups as well and, time and time again, I've found many people become disappointed and frustrated with their trip experiences because they don't have all relevant info for their trip prior to going. People who thought they could book all Tier 1 FP+ in EP only to find on their FP+ booking day that you can't do that. People who thought their MB's were instant FP's for all rides, etc. etc. I hope you know, though you may have interpreted some of the responses as snarky, that most people on here are only trying to help. Did you really want to show up (or make a FP+) for Barnstormer thinking your 2-year old could line up in a non-existent SR line and ride alone only to be disappointed that neither of you will be able to ride the ride?

Yes, the text in bold is what the OP said in Post #3 (and repeated in Post #10). Regarding the other claims, the OP never says these things; they are assumptions by other posters.

Text in bold is the one thing she needed to know. This was communicated in post #2, and then the OP actually said "never mind" in post #3. The OP herself repeated in Post #20 that post #2 told her all she needed to know.

Regarding the assertion that she needed to know "that rides have height requirements her toddler likely would not meet" is refuted by the fact that the OP herself literally listed all the MK rides with height requirements in Post # 14.

Yes, the text in bold is what the OP said in Post #3 (and repeated in Post #10). Regarding the other claims, the OP never says these things; they are assumptions by other posters.

In my experience, people don't always know everything they need to know when they say they do. From OP's original post, she would have needed all three pieces of information. Whether she already knew about points 2 or 3 from my post (and others) is not evident by her original question or even by her response in Post #3. Later on OP further confused readers by seeming to indicate that she thought her toddler could go on Barnstormer alone, something which is incorrect. Believe what you want but I stand by my post.

Not really, because I won't be going on any of the ones with height requirements anyway - as I mentioned, I'm pregnant. There are not many of them at all with height requirements. The only one he'd have to go on alone is Barnstormer

Regarding the assertion that she needed to know "that rides have height requirements her toddler likely would not meet" is refuted by the fact that the OP herself literally listed all the MK rides with height requirements in Post # 14

And in Post #14 she absolutely stated he'd be going alone on Barnstormer .... I don't know why, I guessed because she is pregnant.

You call it assuming ................ but I think we are giving her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't know anything about Disney because she is thinking about putting a 2 year old on Barnstormer.

And if she doesn't know anything folks are trying to explain single rider, height requirements, age requirements so her trip is successful.

And maybe all the comments will help future readers who know nothing about Disney rides even if OP doesn't come back to read.

Last edited:
You call it assuming ................ but I think we are giving her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't know anything about Disney because she is thinking about putting a 2 year old on Barnstormer.And if she doesn't know anything folks are trying to explain single rider, height requirements, age requirements so her trip is successful.

giphy.gif

Its obvious that there was alot she was unsure of, how much and to what degreee people tried to ask but she didn't answer so all it did was leave people to assume. her assumptions of what single rider was, who it was for, where it can be used and how it can be used were obvious well off. Makes sense to me to try and clear as much of that confusion up as possible.

She obviously felt attacked when she realized she was so off base and got defense.

Its okay, I forgive her.

I think it can be inferred that she intended to put her 2 year old on a ride (or maybe multiple rides) alone, given that she was asking if they could use the SINGLE rider line. He wouldn't be a single rider if he were riding with her.

I think it can be inferred that she intended to put her 2 year old on a ride (or maybe multiple rides) alone, given that she was asking if they could use the SINGLE rider line. He wouldn't be a single rider if he were riding with her.

She never intended to put her child on any of the three rides that actually have single rider lines. True, she did mention about him going on one ride (Barnstormer) alone, so I will concede that needed to be addressed. Everything else beyond that was unnecessary, and speculation.

She never intended to put her child on any of the three rides that actually have single rider lines. True, she did mention about him going on one ride (Barnstormer) alone, so I will concede that needed to be addressed. Everything else beyond that was unnecessary, and speculation.

Right, but as you said, she did intend to put him on at least 1 other ride alone.

I think it's pretty clear that she had some pretty big misconceptions about the single rider line and the points of clarification made by several people were good points, and maybe someone else learned something.

There's really nothing wrong with people having a discussion on a discussion board. As long as posts aren't rude, defamatory, etc., there's no harm in them being made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter