single rider line with a 2-year-old?

I'm going to chalk OP's question up to pregnancy brain and just not thinking it through thoroughly. Had she, she would have realized that at no time could she use single rider with a 2 yo old, no matter what the circumstances were.

Well, they intend to have one I believe. I am not sure if it has been running at all as of yet since I haven't been.
They did install one but several CM working the ride have said they have no intention of ever opening it. The placement of it is odd and they are able to fill single rides effectively without it. So who knows

I should have added a third category of posters that are guessing about what the OP was actually asking/ actually thinks/ actually knows, and then proceeds to answer the question based on how they've re-framed it, even though he OP is long gone from this thread.

This forum is about helping others. Should someone have replied "no" and then had the thread closed?

It truly seems like OP was really confused about something or other, based on the question she asked. People are just trying to help.

And, the OP isn't "long gone." She posted 2 hours ago. She may work, or be attending to her child, or be running errands, etc. It's possible she won't return, but I think it's a little too soon to make that assumption.

Are you sure about FoP? Last I heard, there wasn't a single rider line yet.

It has one structurally but so far they have not opened it.

Well, they intend to have one I believe. I am not sure if it has been running at all as of yet since I haven't been.

They did install one but several CM working the ride have said they have no intention of ever opening it. The placement of it is odd and they are able to fill single rides effectively without it. So who knows

This morning a friend reported that they were using the internal single rider line only - so after the merge point, separating out groups and single riders into separate lines. I didn't follow up so Im not sure how it was handled past the splitting

Continue the craziness everyone....

My very simple question was answered in the first reply.
And, the OP isn't "long gone." She posted 2 hours ago. She may work, or be attending to her child, or be running errands, etc. It's possible she won't return, but I think it's a little too soon to make that assumption.
I think it's the 2 quotes above that make folks think she may have bowed out of the discussion. Otherwise, I tend to agree, I'm not sure why she'd go off and not explain why it occurred to her to use single rider with a toddler. But, still a good discussion as most posts are read by folks other than the OP and can often help others too. So no reason to stop a discussion, unless it gets out of hand.

I think the answer is a pretty obvious no.
A 2 year old cannot ride an attraction by their self and that is exactly what the SINGLE rider line is for.

The rides that have single rider (test track, Rock n Roller Coaster, expedition everest) are all rides a 2 year old won't be tall enough to go on. So I'm unclear on what the plan is with your toddler when you ride.

This is false considering there are some pretty tall 2 year olds out there including my niece who at 2yrs4mos was 40 inches tall and went on TT, Soarin, and Splash Mountain.

I will be alone with my toddler. Can I use this lane or not? I can only find answers online about much older kids.

No, for a few reasons.

Firstly, the rides that have single rider have height requirements, which probably 99.9% of 2 year olds will not meet, an individual who does not meet the height requirement is not allowed in the line at all.

Secondly, the single rider line is for individuals who are going to ride alone. Per Disney rules, a person has to be 7 years old (Or is it 8?) to ride alone. A 2 year old cannot ride alone.

This morning a friend reported that they were using the internal single rider line only - so after the merge point, separating out groups and single riders into separate lines. I didn't follow up so Im not sure how it was handled past the splitting
So not entering from the main entrance point, still pulling them from the line? Just not waiting till as needed?

Well that is good to know because it will help the loading process. The couple times we rode (and it was AP Preview so not crowded) they were constantly yelling out for smaller numbers.

I was not surprised they didn't open it initially because with the expected popularity and the individualization of the experience, I could see the SR line quickly becoming overwhelmed. In time it will be useful.

So not entering from the main entrance point, still pulling them from the line? Just waiting till as needed?

From what I saw, yes.

Well that is good to know because it will help the loading process. The couple times we rode (and it was AP Preview so not crowded) they were constantly yelling out for smaller numbers.

I was not surprised they didn't open it initially because with the expected popularity and the individualization of the experience, I could see the SR line quickly becoming overwhelmed. In time it will be useful.

On opening they were asking for smaller numbers up and down the line as well. I imagine it makes it easier to just fill in the last few seats quickly from the single line.
I hope it opens eventually, but I also don't see it being any better than the RNRC line as far as wait time compared to standby

Not really, because I won't be going on any of the ones with height requirements anyway - as I mentioned, I'm pregnant. There are not many of them at all with height requirements. The only one he'd have to go on alone is Barnstormer, and I plan to skip Stitch anyway as I've heard it's not very good.
  • Barnstormer (35")
  • Big Thunder (40")
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (38")
  • Space Mountain (44")
  • Splash Mountain (40")
  • Stitch's Great Escape (40")
  • Tomorrowland Speedway (32" minimum to ride, 54" minimum to drive)
you realize he will need an adult on the ride with him to ride Barnstormer

RE: FOP
Last week (on Tuesday the 13th) they were using what I assumed was the single rider line for people in wheelchairs and ECVs, unless that was always a separate line intended for that purpose. Everyone in an ECV or wheelchair was directed into that separate line at the FP merge point so that they could funnel them into the loading zone that didn't have stairs to climb to get to the ride vehicles. But maybe that's a whole separate thing??

That said: they had clipboards and were calling for groups to fill empty spots and making marks on the diagram on the clipboards, but it seemed like it was taking a LONG time for them to do so. And despite doing that, all three times that I rode FOP, there were empty ride vehicles in the room I was in. I think they are trying to figure out how to handle this in the most efficient manner possible, and they just haven't yet found their groove.

From what I saw, yes.

On opening they were asking for smaller numbers up and down the line as well. I imagine it makes it easier to just fill in the last few seats quickly from the single line.

I hope it opens eventually, but I also don't see it being any better than the RNRC line as far as wait time compared to standby

I think it will be worse since you don't sit "with" anyone like RNRC, it's a single rider many will do.

That said: they had clipboards and were calling for groups to fill empty spots and making marks on the diagram on the clipboards, but it seemed like it was taking a LONG time for them to do so. And despite doing that, all three times that I rode FOP, there were empty ride vehicles in the room I was in. I think they are trying to figure out how to handle this in the most efficient manner possible, and they just haven't yet found their groove.

Those were likely broken seats. If you were to look at the clipboard the CMs were holding you would see that it was a list of all 16 seats in all 4 theaters on the level they are working. Any seats that are malfunctioning are blacked out so they know not to try to fill them. They also do not like to split parties up since each level on each theater has 2 rooms of 8 seats. They'll try to keep a party together either in seats 1-8 or in seats 9-16. With all of this to think about the cast members decide where to place each group to make sure all functioning seats in each theater are utilized for each ride cycle.

I rode twice last Saturday, once on the 1st level and once on the 3rd. At that time there were 1 to 2 seats on each level in each theater that were not functioning and so were not being loaded. They were marked with big black dots on the clipboards.

For instance, on my 2nd ride seat 14 in the theater we were placed in was malfunctioning and so was blacked out on the clipboard to tell the CM not to put anyone there. So they put a party of 5 in seats 9 through 13 even though they were the first group to be assigned. Then I was in one of 2 parties of 4 who were placed in seats 1 through 4 and 5 through 8. They then went through the line to get a party of 2 for seats 15 and 16. 14 was empty because it was broken.

With the number of malfunctioning link chairs, single rider would come in handy if seats 2, 7, 10, or 15 were broken in a particular theater. Otherwise, not so much.

Last edited:
This is false considering there are some pretty tall 2 year olds out there including my niece who at 2yrs4mos was 40 inches tall and went on TT, Soarin, and Splash Mountain.

A 30 month old, the median age for 2 year olds that is 40" is above the 99.9% for height for both males and females on pediatric growth charts. Reaching 44" or 48" (as is necessary for EE or RnRC respectively) is even higher. Being that my statement literally applies to 99.9% of children, I'm standing by it.

I should have added a third category of posters that are guessing about what the OP was actually asking/ actually thinks/ actually knows, and then proceeds to answer the question based on how they've re-framed it, even though he OP is long gone from this thread.
Do you have anything useful to add to the thread? o_O

A 30 month old, the median age for 2 year olds that is 40" is above the 99.9% for height for both males and females on pediatric growth charts. Reaching 44" or 48" (as is necessary for EE or RnRC respectively) is even higher. Being that my statement literally applies to 99.9% of children, I'm standing by it.

My niece is that .1% so I'm standing by my statement.
She's a rather unique child and we adore her for it.
At just 9yrs2mos she is 5ft4in. I'm 5ft6in and I bet by the time she reaches 10 she'll be taller than me.

As far as the OP is concerned, nothing after Post # 3 was necessary. Question asked and answered. Everything else is either "look at me, here's stuff I know about single rider", or posters unnecessarily judging the OP.

Don't forget posters who are unnecessarily judging other posters for unnecessarily judging the OP.

Forums are a great spot for Q&A,s but they are also great for commentary, opinions and discussion. If all you want is Q&A, a "discussion forum" may not be the best place to take that question. As others have mentioned hundreds/thousands of people could read this discussion and learn something they didnt know.

My niece is that .1% so I'm standing by my statement.
She's a rather unique child and we adore her for it.
At just 9yrs2mos she is 5ft4in. I'm 5ft6in and I bet by the time she reaches 10 she'll be taller than me.

These sort of examples of why I was mentioning that regardless of the height requirement the single rider line cannot be used by anyone under 7. Disney's height requirement is not predicated on age but to ride alone you need to be 7 years old.

Don't forget posters who are unnecessarily judging other posters for unnecessarily judging the OP.

That would be me. Guilty as charged, although I may take issue with the first "unnecessarily", I haven't decided yet. ;-)

Forums are a great spot for Q&A,s but they are also great for commentary, opinions and discussion. If all you want is Q&A, a "discussion forum" may not be the best place to take that question. As others have mentioned hundreds/thousands of people could read this discussion and learn something they didnt know.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with the general discussion of single rider lines that has ensued, some of which has proven been to be interesting. For example, when I took my 10 yo son on the RNRRC single rider line to save time, I though it was funny when he thought we couldn't talk to each other, since he thought we were supposed to be single riders who did not know each other.

My only issue is that the additional postings after Post #3 that centered on the OP and her original question were not needed for the OP's benefit. (Pointing this out is my only and somewhat limited contribution to this thread.) And I must admit, it was the click-bait nature of the thread title that pulled me in, as I imagine it has others...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter