single rider line with a 2-year-old?

Children under 7 are not allowed in the single rider line since they are not old enough to ride without someone 14+.
Is that how it is supposed to work?
I've had some rather young single riders join our TT car. (Seemingly Kindergarten age, I would never let my own kid single rider with strangers at that age)

People are just trying to help. Sometimes I ask a question, and don't even realize that there are other pieces of info that would be very helpful to know.

For example, if you had only asked "is there a single rider line for Barnstormer?" People would have answered no. But let's pretend there IS a single rider line for Barnstormer. People would have answered yes. Period. So you would have gone to WDW thinking he could ride alone - without realizing that even if he meets the height requirement to ride, there is an age requirement to ride ALONE. I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

Also, I know I search old threads for info - so, people answering more than your original question helps lots of other people.

Anyway, hope you have a good trip, and congrats on the little one!!

I've had some rather young single riders join our TT car. (Seemingly Kindergarten age, I would never let my own kid single rider with strangers at that age)

My daughter is 7 and just got out of first grade so yes, they could have appeared to be in kindergarten but be 7 years old.

The CM's will ask the child how old they are. They are't ID'd or anything but the rule is 7 or older to ride alone.

People are just trying to help. Sometimes I ask a question, and don't even realize that there are other pieces of info that would be very helpful to know.

For example, if you had only asked "is there a single rider line for Barnstormer?" People would have answered no. But let's pretend there IS a single rider line for Barnstormer. People would have answered yes. Period. So you would have gone to WDW thinking he could ride alone - without realizing that even if he meets the height requirement to ride, there is an age requirement to ride ALONE. I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

Also, I know I search old threads for info - so, people answering more than your original question helps lots of other people.

Anyway, hope you have a good trip, and congrats on the little one!!

I cannot imagine anyone thinking that a two-year-old could ride alone - age requirement or not.

As with others, I don't understand how the OP could have possibly thought that the single rider line could be used with a two-year-old (even if it were available on a ride without a height requirement).

i will be able to ride everything with him and he LOVES rides. not sure what one of the posters above was talking about.

Like mine?

A person asking to use the single rider line is generally a person who knows what single rider lines are. I'm still not sure you know, because now you say you're pregnant, and of course there's that 2 year old, but you were asking about the lines. What was your intention with using the single rider line? Why did you ask?

I mentioned lower key rides because that's what you'll be riding with a two year old. And while pregnant. But single rider lines are for those with height reqs where you might end up with family members not able to ride. Using the line kinda of means you're going for more thrill type of rides.

If they had a single rider line, it means you're being seated singly. It means that IF you could enter it, you're letting the two year old ride apart from you or expecting him to wait somewhere. That's why some of us (who take questions to heart and want to help) are puzzled by the initial question (and folkowup posts).

oh no, i don't. i'm pregnant so can't ride 'em anyway. i was just confused about the single rider line - thought there were single rider lines on like every ride.

Please, if SR lines had been available for everything, how would you have used them?

Continue the craziness everyone....

There is no craziness apart from some of us trying to figure out what your question was all about. :)

My very simple question was answered in the first reply.

It wasn't simple though, given your situation.

For an adult going on your own (no baby on the way) the answer if there being very few such lines is a true answer. For you, though, seriously, there's more to it.

As long as a kid says they are 7...

We started letting ds go on certain rides alone once allowed. Over at universal they can ride alone once they are 48" and meet the specific ride's height reqs. So he started at 6.5. Then we picked two Disneyland resort rides for him to ride alone. I don't think we've used it at wdw because they are so few. Only RNRC is a possibility but that SR line is rotten.

Exactly.

OP, we don't know your intent so it's hard to really answer your question properly. For all we know there's still something unstated that we would love to help with, but can't because we don't know it.

As far as the OP is concerned, nothing after Post # 3 was necessary. Question asked and answered. Everything else is either "look at me, here's stuff I know about single rider", or posters unnecessarily judging the OP.

Who is judging? We're trying to figure out the intent so we can better help her.

I cannot possibly see how the responses have helped her, because there's something else she was thinking about the SR lines, since it seems she was thinking of using them.

At WDW only Test Track, Rock'n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage have Single Rider. And, yes, as mentioned a child must be 7 or older to ride alone, even to enter the SR lines.

Are you sure about FoP? Last I heard, there wasn't a single rider line yet.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking that a two-year-old could ride alone - age requirement or not.

As with others, I don't understand how the OP could have possibly thought that the single rider line could be used with a two-year-old (even if it were available on a ride without a height requirement).

Um, because there are a great many OTHER amusement parks in the world, that DO have kiddie rides meant ONLY for toddlers, as in parents are NOT allowed to ride them because they weigh too much.

Think mini-boats, mini-fire trucks, and mini-merry-go-rounds. If a parent tried to ride the mini-boats that go round in a small circle, they'd sink them.

But I'm kind of laughing at the mental image of it. So thanks for that. :)

Come to think of it, WDW DOES have a few attractions that are ONLY for tots. Over by Splash Mtn, there's a tot lot/playground that is only for young children. There's also the hollow tree at Pooh, and a number of mini-water slides and toddler splash areas at the resorts.

Last edited:
As far as the OP is concerned, nothing after Post # 3 was necessary. Question asked and answered. Everything else is either "look at me, here's stuff I know about single rider", or posters unnecessarily judging the OP.

Actually OP went on to say more that was not right, including putting a 2 year old on Barnstormer alone. Since there seemed to be limited knowledge about single rider lines, height requirements and age requirements - I think posters were just trying to clarify it's maybe not as simple as thought. @Amanda999 stated it quite well, that no one wants her to show up with partial info and expect to do things that maybe she can't. I didn't take it as judging, more questioning her plans because it wasn't making sense.

And when a thread starts with so much inaccurate understanding, posters tend to post (and repeat in different wording) so ALL readers who may come across this or do a search on Single Rider will get all the info they need for a successful trip.

Are you sure about FoP? Last I heard, there wasn't a single rider line yet.

It has one structurally but so far they have not opened it.

I've been to 2 carnivals recently where I put my 19 month old on rides by himself (kiddie cars, small train, etc.). Adults were not allowed to ride. We were allowed to get him into and out of the ride vehicles, though. The kids weren't necessarily expected to wait in the line alone. Of course, this is a vastly different situation than WDW.

My guess is that OP likely doesn't realize the scope/scale of Disney rides, which is why it's great that other posters have offered helpful information for her to consider.

Um, because there are a great many OTHER amusement parks in the world, that DO have kiddie rides meant ONLY for toddlers, as in parents are NOT allowed to ride them because they weigh too much.

Think mini-boats, mini-fire trucks, and mini-merry-go-rounds. If a parent tried to ride the mini-boats that go round in a small circle, they'd sink them.

But I'm kind of laughing at the mental image of it. So thanks for that. :)

Um, but we aren't talking about OTHER amusement parks or kiddie rides. Of course parents (adults) cannot go on those, but they have nothing to with the discussion. Nor have I seen single rider lines on those types of rides (it's a given that with little kids, the parents will wait in the line and then not ride).

Um, but we aren't talking about OTHER amusement parks or kiddie rides. Of course parents (adults) cannot go on those, but they have nothing to with the discussion. Nor have I seen single rider lines on those types of rides (it's a given that with little kids, the parents will wait in the line and then not ride).

Right, but I think a lot of us aren't sure that OP really understands how "big" the rides at Disney are. She's never made it clear why she wanted to use the single rider line with a toddler, or why she even thought it was possible.

If she's equating Disney rides with other amusement parks, it could explain why she would want to use the single rider line with a small kid.

...If she's equating Disney rides with other amusement parks, it could explain why she would want to use the single rider line with a small kid.
I THINK she was thinking the 2 year old could accompany her through the single rider line at every attraction bypassing the standby line.

...My guess is that OP likely doesn't realize the scope/scale of Disney rides, which is why it's great that other posters have offered helpful information for her to consider.

I should have added a third category of posters that are guessing about what the OP was actually asking/ actually thinks/ actually knows, and then proceeds to answer the question based on how they've re-framed it, even though he OP is long gone from this thread.

Right, but I think a lot of us aren't sure that OP really understands how "big" the rides at Disney are. She's never made it clear why she wanted to use the single rider line with a toddler, or why she even thought it was possible.

If she's equating Disney rides with other amusement parks, it could explain why she would want to use the single rider line with a small kid.

Possibly. But she knew/knows enough to post the minimum heights of rides (which doesn't include any maximum heights) and know that Barn Stormer is too rough for her to ride. So, seems unlikely that she thought that the rides were kiddie rides.

Doesn't really matter as the OP has flounced out of here once people asked questions (which seems like an odd reaction, but whatever).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter