September crew... what are you doing?

I have a last week of September reservation - DVC owners. I think we will keep it now. I do not have tickets and who knows if I will even be able to buy them or get in. We have flights but may drive instead. The thought of flying sketches me out (my husband even more so). I have accepted that F&W will probably be canceled.

We will go and enjoy Kidanai AK, use the pools and watch the animals, maybe go to Universal for a day. Might as well make the best of an odd situation at this point.

I will say I am concerned about Florida's rising case numbers and how things will be in the fall. It is all just a waiting and watching game at this point.

I am also concerned abot the 14 quarantine in place for my state (CT). If that is not lifted, I will have to cancel!

All this is so frustrating! Just needed to vent a bit.... please don't judge and slam me!
I know you're going to get slammed and shamed.
I'm so glad to see that, aside from one snarky remark, I was wrong.

I'm a little surprised that what is causing me to reconsider is no park hopping. Don't like the mask rule but I can live with that. I love the shows and parades and fireworks (it's my profession) but I can have a good vacation without them. I can handle shorter hours - don't like it, but I can deal. But no park hopping... Might cause me to cancel.

All this is so frustrating! Just needed to vent a bit.... please don't judge and slam me!
We will wait till after the official reopening in July.... and see how things progress in August.
But there is no way I am wearing a mask on vacation! After wearing a mask every day - all day - at work the last 6 weeks.... just NO WAY I am doing this for vacation. Its horrible in the 95 degree heat!! and suffocating!! And just trying to actually talk to people!!! HORRIBLE!! I know you all have your opinions and heaven knows you are more than willing to share those opinions... this is MY opinion.... just wont' wear it!
And then along with everything else.... shorter hours, cancelled experiences, etc, etc..... not paying $$$$$$ all this money to be miserable! WDW is my escape... my happy place... I won't suffer through it!

I still have hope that by Sept things will ease up....... so I will sit tight till August to make a final decision!! Need lots of pixie dust for this one!
You go girl!!! Vent away....no slamming from me....you do you!! Sending pixie dust your way!!

Since they have announced the opening dates I feel like time is crawling. Still over a month till they re-open and we can move on with the new process.

September seem sooo far away, keeping me on pins and needles waiting to see how things will be by then. Now that resort guest are not guaranteed admission I will be extra anxious to see if we can get tickets, will they be refundable if we don't go, etc. I find myself straying to think about plan B.

I'm with ya, mouselovin! I'll be in The World exactly three months from today and the time is crawling.

Wow, 3 months for us too. But the Florida Gov. has to lift restrictions from the Covid-19 hotbed that is northern CT before we can go!

Goodness knows I could be wrong w/ how terribly Disney is handling this re-opening communication, but I would just like to calm some fear/hysteria by pointing out that "hotel guests aren't guaranteed admission into a park" =/= you're going to end up with a useless ticket package and no park days. I think it's far more likely that with the prioritization of hotel guests for park reservations (and the possible elimination of hopping, forcing guests to choose 1 park per day) they have more than enough room for all hotel guests between all 4 parks, it just might not be the one(s) you wanted to visit that day. So for example, there may be one day where MK and DHS and AK are all reserved and your only reservation option is Epcot - Disney is covered by saying just because you're staying onsite doesn't guarantee you admission into MK, but there is still technically another option for you. It may mean you can't do MK 3 days in a row like you wanted to/were planning on, but I would be really surprised if you had, for example, a 4-day ticket and could only get into a park 1 of those days. It would be a mind-blowing miscalculation on their part when they know the number of onsite reservations with tickets, and length of stay, that they have right now.

With no early park hours, it really won't matter for us what park we go to on what day. I will find it interesting to see how they open up the availability for people to book their park tickets so that they can plan their days. Is it currently 60 days prior? Are the people who are going in July already able to make reservations for meals and park tickets? I know that doesn't affect those of us going in September but it gives us a little light on the how things will be handled.

It will also be interesting for me to find out if we will be able to refund those Park tickets if we decide not to go at the 30-day mark. Will they just be added to our package? Will the moderates be open by then? Anxious to get some of these answers as I'm sure all of us are.

Since they have announced the opening dates I feel like time is crawling. Still over a month till they re-open and we can move on with the new process.

September seem sooo far away, keeping me on pins and needles waiting to see how things will be by then. Now that resort guest are not guaranteed admission I will be extra anxious to see if we can get tickets, will they be refundable if we don't go, etc. I find myself straying to think about plan B.

I know, I at least wish I could know if I will be able to have park reservations and dining reservations. It's making me very anxious with everything up in the air. If I at least had that settled I would have a better idea what I am doing. I am hoping in a few days we might get some more clarification on one of those. I figure with the parks opening a month away I really hope they give those people 30 days notice of things.

We're leaning more heavily towards "No" now, but we won't cancel until closer to our trip just in case things miraculously look better.

We will wait till after the official reopening in July.... and see how things progress in August.
But there is no way I am wearing a mask on vacation!

I have no idea why anyone feels the need to slam someone else for what they want to do or do not want to do on their vacation. It seems very odd to me. The only way I'd have a negative opinion about you is if you knew the rule, went anyway, and tried to get away without following it. But opting not to go because it doesn't sound like a good time sounds perfectly logical and reasonable to me! :)

We decided long ago that masks & temp. checks would be "no-go"s for us. If they are still requiring them, we will go another time. Simple as that. :)

But now as we hear more, we start to realize that combos of small things start to add up to more "no-go"s for us, too. DH, who loves Epcot, is just so bummed at the thought of no cultural representatives. He's also bummed with the idea of having parks closing as early as 6 or 7 pm, especially when other activities or forms of entertainment have been canceled, too.

One of my kids is super bummed about the water parks & arcade. He says he's fine waiting if it means he gets those back.

So, honestly, I think we really all know that we're going to cancel if things stay mostly as they will be at opening, and we think that most things will stay that way, but we just can't pull the plug yet. :) Silly, but our plans make it possible to wait and still be refunded, so we wait. :)

I have an early September reservation at the Boardwalk Inn. At this point, I am waiting to read and view reports from the opening weeks and the status of COVID -19 during the summer. With the generous cancelation policy implemented by Disney and a very good rate for my flight, I can wait until last few days before arrival before making a decision about the trip. But, I am anxious about learning the new protocols for theme park reservations and dining. My thoughts are if dining is at sixty days (except maybe in theme park restaurants - once you have a park reservation, you are given access to book dining at the park), maybe theme parks will be 30 days prior reservation system.

Last edited:
I thought we were going to keep our reservation, but we ended up canceling and rescheduling for December. We didn't have park tickets for everyone in our group and when they turned off the ability to buy more, the chances of being able to 1) buy park tickets and 2) reserve park days for everyone in our party... seemed pretty slim. We're now rebooked at the Swan for Dec. 1-6 and are praying park tickets open up before then and things have died down enough to get park reservations for everyone in our party. It will also be a lot cooler. So if we're still needing to wear a mask everywhere, at least it will be in the 70's instead of the 90's for high temperature.

I'm so glad to see that, aside from one snarky remark, I was wrong.

I'm a little surprised that what is causing me to reconsider is no park hopping. Don't like the mask rule but I can live with that. I love the shows and parades and fireworks (it's my profession) but I can have a good vacation without them. I can handle shorter hours - don't like it, but I can deal. But no park hopping... Might cause me to cancel.
Totally agree with the park hopping!! We have ALWAYS hopped. It's how we do Disney! :)
It would kill us to have to decide ahead of time what park and then have to stay with it! So many days we will hit rope drop at one, then hop to another.... and then especially during Food and Wine ... we will simply go into Epcot for lunch and enjoy F&W for a couple hours then back to another park.
The combination of masks and no hopping would definitely cause us to cancel! :(

Wow, 3 months for us too. But the Florida Gov. has to lift restrictions from the Covid-19 hotbed that is northern CT before we can go!

I was just trying to look up information on how Disney was handling this executive order. Does that mean you can't get into Disney unless you self isolate for 14 days in Florida before your trip?? How is Disney even going to enforce that? How is Florida going to enforce that? We're from Upstate NY (40 cases TOTAL in our entire county and currently 0 cases).

This has been in place for some time now. From the limited reports I've seen, if you arrive from an airport in the NY/NJ/CT/LA area, you are somehow flagged and questioned as to how and where you intend to quarantine for the first 14 days of your trip. Guessing a 5 day trip to WDW beginning the day I arrive will not cut the mustard!

With more and more research coming out about how rare it is to actually get the virus from asymptomatic people I"m hopeful that we can ditch the masks sooner than later.

I doubt we'll be canceling but the 3 things that I"m worried about currently are 1. SAB being closed, 2. no park hopping (we were planning on going to Epcot several times in the evening to eat, 3. the possibility of the Star Wars stuff not all being open.

Really hoping more information comes out soon regarding all of our questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter