September crew... what are you doing?

We're still going. I have 8/29 - 9/10 booked via DVC (a trip we rescheduled from May). We changed our July trip from Disney to Universal and bought AP's for Universal yesterday to cover that trip. I'm thinking we'll go to Universal again for a day or two in September, especially if the water parks at Disney aren't open (this girl needs a water park). Or if we have a hard time getting park reservations, which I hope isn't the case.

I still have a July reservation (haven't cancelled yet) and we haven't been able to book lunch/dinner reservations yet, with the exception of some Disney Springs resorts.

not trying to spark a debate but to go off of what one of the PP said, the discoveries that are coming out from the WHO and the CDC are making me optimistic. do i think Disney is going to completely drop all of their modifications and go back to normal? not a shot.
but knowing that getting the virus from an asymptomatic person is very rare and on top of that that surface to person transmission is also not nearly as big of a concern as what they thought it was, that makes me have a much more positive outlook.

when the pandemic started i kept thinking to myself 'what person that is very ill, and feeling so sick, is going to go to an amusement park?' but then when the initial fears of asymptomatic people spreading it came out i quickly realized everyone will need to hunker down.

so i'm going to patiently wait and see what develops in the next three months and the two months that Disney is open. i've said it before that masks aren't a no go for me--the only no go is if i can't make reservations for parks it would obviously be a waste. but if SOME of the restrictions (whatever that may be) are adjusted in our favor that would be best case scenario!

[...]when the pandemic started i kept thinking to myself 'what person that is very ill, and feeling so sick, is going to go to an amusement park?' [...]

Think of all the people who still go to work/school/movies/etc when they are ill... we all know we should stay home when ill, but a great many of us don't. Especially if its just one member of a five person family or something who has been looking forward to a trip. If it is so bad you can barely move, you'd stay home, but most cases aren't that severe. I still think an argument could be made for wearing masks to help with the people who are sick but think its just a regular bug or allergies. Luckily I am not a policy maker... I do not envy them!

We're scheduled for the first week of October currently - I don't see an October thread so I have been lurking on this one. If we'd booked a normal hotel we'd have cancelled - too many unknowns and we have to fly over from Oregon. Sadly we rented DVC points so the hotel is nonrefundable, which is the only reason I'm even considering it. Without a vaccine or access to an antibody test to see if we had it back in February when something nasty tore through the office though its unlikely.

Totally agree with the park hopping!! We have ALWAYS hopped. It's how we do Disney! :)
It would kill us to have to decide ahead of time what park and then have to stay with it!
We are of the same mind - I love to head over to Epcot for F&W for a couple of hours and then back to what every park I was in. Even with Galaxy's Edge, DHS is a half day for me. I guess with shorter operating hours and no FP's I'll get a "full" day out of it this Sept.

This is going to be quite the experience!

Mostly I'm wondering about park hopping. Will that be a thing? If not, I'll be put out. Since we were staying at Yacht Club, we were planning to hop into Epcot most nights for ADRs.
Same! No parades, spectaculars, character meet& greets.... No big deal for us. No pool would be a killer. Also, as you said, I am really concerned about hoping. We are at BWV and hoping was a big part of our plan. I will be bummed but will understand if it's just not possible BUT>>>> I sure WILL be looking into a refund of some form for the cost of adding park hopper to my Tix (x4, adult 8 day Tix).

not trying to spark a debate but to go off of what one of the PP said, the discoveries that are coming out from the WHO and the CDC are making me optimistic. do i think Disney is going to completely drop all of their modifications and go back to normal? not a shot.
but knowing that getting the virus from an asymptomatic person is very rare and on top of that that surface to person transmission is also not nearly as big of a concern as what they thought it was, that makes me have a much more positive outlook.

when the pandemic started i kept thinking to myself 'what person that is very ill, and feeling so sick, is going to go to an amusement park?' but then when the initial fears of asymptomatic people spreading it came out i quickly realized everyone will need to hunker down.

so i'm going to patiently wait and see what develops in the next three months and the two months that Disney is open. i've said it before that masks aren't a no go for me--the only no go is if i can't make reservations for parks it would obviously be a waste. but if SOME of the restrictions (whatever that may be) are adjusted in our favor that would be best case scenario!

the WHO recanted that today saying it was misrepresented.

And a story... I remember vividly being about 8-10 years old and having the worst sore throat of my life... at Disneyland... not telling a soul bc I wanted to go and didn’t want to miss it. I was laying down at Circlevision on the floor... delirious with fever, I remember!

so.... yeah, people go when they are sick.

the WHO recanted that today saying it was misrepresented.

And a story... I remember vividly being about 8-10 years old and having the worst sore throat of my life... at Disneyland... not telling a soul bc I wanted to go and didn’t want to miss it. I was laying down at Circlevision on the floor... delirious with fever, I remember!

so.... yeah, people go when they are sick.

10 year old you wouldn't be able to get into a park today with a fever.

and 10 year old you is a lot different than someone who had the virus unable to leave their bed as a very healthy person, entire body aches/chills, no appetite for anything, etc. could barely get up to go to the bathroom let alone walk around an amusement park getting their mind scrambled on rides..

temperature checks don't solve everything but the developments that have been released about asymptomatic people are positive.

10 year old you wouldn't be able to get into a park today with a fever.

and 10 year old you is a lot different than someone who had the virus unable to leave their bed as a very healthy person, entire body aches/chills, no appetite for anything, etc. could barely get up to go to the bathroom let alone walk around an amusement park getting their mind scrambled on rides..

temperature checks don't solve everything but the developments that have been released about asymptomatic people are positive.

true... but I’m pretty sure I only had the sore throat when the day started and the fever came later.

The Who said the asymptomatic thing was misrepresented. And my sister is an icu nurse in a COVID ward. In her experience people are asymptomaic until they crash often. And we learn more about this thing every day, so it’s hard to know.

you may be right.... and I hope you are. I am not an alarmist and am a big believer in weighing risks and rewards So I tend to say go... and so far we are... but this is a moving target even for the experts

We rented DVC points and can’t get a refund. I’m kicking myself for not buying tickets. This was a pre-cruise stay that I added on to with a resort reservation in case we decided we weren’t comfortable with crushing because of the virus. So I never wanted to commit to the tickets I’m case our minds changed about the cruise and needed a longer day ticket. I’m now worried we won’t get tickets and have this pricey 5 night stay at the Poly.

This has been in place for some time now. From the limited reports I've seen, if you arrive from an airport in the NY/NJ/CT/LA area, you are somehow flagged and questioned as to how and where you intend to quarantine for the first 14 days of your trip. Guessing a 5 day trip to WDW beginning the day I arrive will not cut the mustard!

LA is not on the restricted list anymore and I doubt that you can quote anyone in the last week who has flown into FL from the other three states that had to quarantine.

That’s great. I would, however, like to hear it from the horses mouth. I believe the order is set to expire in early July. I will wait and see.

Edited to add latest from Florida’s Covid site as of June update:
Are travel restrictions and airport screening and isolation still in effect for visitors from highly-impacted COVID-19 areas?
Yes. Travelers from the New York Tri-State area must continue to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Florida, unless travelers meet the emergency, commercial or education activity exceptions. See Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82 for additional information.

Maybe they aren’t enforcing but it’s still in effect meaning they can.

Last edited:
true... but I’m pretty sure I only had the sore throat when the day started and the fever came later.

The Who said the asymptomatic thing was misrepresented. And my sister is an icu nurse in a COVID ward. In her experience people are asymptomaic until they crash often. And we learn more about this thing every day, so it’s hard to know.

not trying to be argumentative over the fact that people still go to disney when they are ill--my mother has told me that pretty much myself and all of my siblings have been sick during a disney trip AT LEAST once when were were younger--usually with a stomach bug

i'm trying to look at the glass half full with the cards that are being dealt for my labor day trip, and i'm eager to see what happens in the next 3 months before we travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter