September crew... what are you doing?

I’m a Dvc member that had a June reservation. We rescheduled our trip to September 12th-20th and still planning to go. It’ll just be me and my hubs. Kids are staying home this time. We’re looking forward to some relaxation.

Sept 30 - Oct 5.
Girls long weekend trip, staying at Sports. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's experience between July and early Sept before I make any decisions. The only thing I may look into is changing resorts, if that's even possible. We were planning on spending ALOT of time in the parks (and hopping), but since that might be limited, I'm wondering if we'll have an option to change resorts and make it a more relaxed trip. Playing it by ear!

We have a room booked at SOG 9/19-9/25 but no tickets. If we can’t get into the Disney parks, our plan is to finally see Universal and DiscCove for now. I’m still hopeful we’ll get tickets though!

My parents are DVC and are trying to use up points before they lose them in mid-September. My 40th is 9/15 (ACK!) and I might just hop on a non-stop flight with my sister and join them for a long weekend. No hubs, no kids. After our January trip I'm not really interested in having a bunch of ADR's. Planning to eat at lounges, Disney Springs, snack around WS. We got our fill of fireworks in January and although I don't LOVE the idea of a mask in that kind of heat, I'm happy to do it to keep people safe. Plus, I don't see myself being at the parks from sun-up to sun-down. I think I can manage the mask for a few hours at least.

Just such a strange thing....seems crazy to consider going to WDW, but right now, it's fun to have a little something to look forward to.
I am pretty sure that DVC is extending deadlines for points expiring, FYI.

We have DVC points reservation at OKC for a long Labor Day weekend. We don't have theme park tickets yet. We are in Atlanta so can drive there and don't need to worry about flights.

So far I am planning on going, but having low expectations about what we can do. If we can't even get theme park tickets, then we'll probably cancel (the resort pools are nice but not worth an entire trip if that's all we can do!).

If we go to the theme parks, I am expecting that it will be a free-for-all. Maybe lines will be very short and it will be great, or maybe everything will be 2-hours-plus wait. Who knows. We might also take a short trip in May (if things are closer to being back to normal by then) to catch up with what we miss in September.

I am pretty sure that DVC is extending deadlines for points expiring, FYI.

Well, the situation is a little bit more complicated. They have 180 concierge points from their cancelled trip to Disneyland Paris. And those have to be used by January no matter what. I think the regular points are ok.

DVC annual pass holder. Just my husband and myself and if nothing else we want to go and relax. Pool, hotel, lazy walking and food options.
I live in TX and if masks are still necessary we should be ok. Our daughter is essential in FL and we just want to reconnect for a few days with her. It has to start somewhere and we will just take it slow and follow the rules.

Annual pass holders from the Midwest. My wife and I are staying at Pop over Labor Day weekend (5-9 September), and are definitely going! Recognizing that it will be a very different experience than our many prior trips - we're just looking forward to being able to spend time in the parks and be back in the Disney bubble!

We're staying at Ft. Wilderness for 9 nights in September, and I'm attending a scrapbooking event at the Contemporary for 4 days..... we're still planning on going, because we love the Fort, and we have an alternate "home" just a few minutes away in the event something odd happens. We're retired AP holders, and we live in our coach full time.... so we've got a bit more flexibility than others. Yeah, it's gonna be hot and humid..... but we just plan to be adaptable and roll with whatever we must. One minor issue, we need to receive permission to wear face shields instead of masks in order to experience the parks.... think that'll fly??

We are booked Sept. 17-22 at FW, not tickets purchased yet. Waiting for Aug. deadline before making a decision. Will not go if mask situation is still going on and hours are restricted.

I advise everyone to cancel so the parks will be totally empty because I'm going no matter what.

The only question is whether I drive the 1000 miles or fly.
That would be great for me too because no matter what we are going 1st week of September and we are driving from Philadelphia

I cancelled my sister trip that we booked in Jan for Sep 7-13 (AS Sports with free dining) on Wednesday. My refund showed in my bank account today. We're looking ahead to hopefully trying a Sept trip in 2021 now!!!

That would be great for me too because no matter what we are going 1st week of September and we are driving from Philadelphia
I am also going in September and I hope I don’t lose my reservation. I am looking forward to seeing small crowds instead of a packed house.

We're booked towards the end of September for DD's first trip (she'll be around 18 months at the time) and had the intention of doing a Tuesday night MNSSHP. Our agent has told us after the re-opening plans that we'll likely need to cancel given that DD won't be able to interact with characters, which is obviously a big part of a first trip. We're going to talk to our agent about pushing the trip back to some time in November (likely right before Thanksgiving) or early December. The Wife and I went around Halloween for our honeymoon, so we wanted to get our daughter to experience the party, trick or treating at the parks and whatnot in person (she was in utero for that trip) , but I kind of think that she'll enjoy seeing everything at Christmas more given that she loved everything that we did around Christmastime last year.

still have my trip scheduled for 9/5-9/11. three reservations all traveling at the same time--adults only. biggest concern is not all of us have tickets yet and now that tickets are frozen for the foreseeable future, we hope that won't throw a wrench in our scheduling plans.

im eager for around June 11/12 because i can imagine that Disney is going to release the scheduling system for those that are hoping to get to the parks the week of reopening. they will need to release that soon!?

i don't think there is much that would push us to cancel or postpone this trip at this point. we split our days at universal which honestly is a saving grace since we won't have to scramble for reservations or anything like that. we weren't going to hop during this trip, and don't get dining plans because of spending half of our week at universal. if F&W gets canceled that will be a bummer, but it wouldn't stop us from spending a full day at EP eating and drinking around the world. F&W bring crowds so not having those local crowds wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
so as long as we can schedule one day at each of the disney parks in the new system we will be good to go.

also the biggest debacle within my group of travelers are crowd levels. half of us think that without FP, EMH, daily shows or parades and the ability to hop, the lines are going to be just as long or longer than any other time we would travel.

the other half of us think that labor day already has low crowds, top that with the amount of people that seem to be cancelling for one or many reasons and the limited capacity will leave us with a pleasantly enjoyable level of crowds.

curious as to what some thoughts are on that and if that is a deciding factor for going or not going.

i think we all are going to have to really decrease expectations!

Booked for Sept and November
we're Canadian so a few more things to consider like the boarder opening and flights
but most likely we'll go as we are AP holders as well
it's a new world and we can navigate it with a smile and some kindness
Please don't forget to check your medical travel insurance as most weren't covering pandemic/COVID-19 - something to consider for all international travelers (I'm from Canada but live in Florida, and my kids can't visit because of insurance coverages and having to quarantine when they go home)

also the biggest debacle within my group of travelers are crowd levels. half of us think that without FP, EMH, daily shows or parades and the ability to hop, the lines are going to be just as long or longer than any other time we would travel.

the other half of us think that labor day already has low crowds, top that with the amount of people that seem to be cancelling for one or many reasons and the limited capacity will leave us with a pleasantly enjoyable level of crowds.

curious as to what some thoughts are on that and if that is a deciding factor for going or not going.

i think we all are going to have to really decrease expectations!

I’m actually worried it’ll be more crowded with people who had their trip canceled & rebooked for Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter