September crew... what are you doing?

I’m actually worried it’ll be more crowded with people who had their trip canceled & rebooked for Sept.

that's exactly what i originally feared when the free dining promo came out. but i feel like there is a heavy divide in this thread alone of those cancelling because dining has been taken away (or for any other reason)

it was also brought into perspective that if you peruse disney forums (where i get a majority of my info from) you are a pretty solid disney fan.
not all disney goers care as much or look at forums and if i see a majority on these boards cancelling, i can't imagine that mild disney fans are going to still travel with all that is happening. that obviously is a complete assumption.

just like i see if this is a once in a lifetime trip, you are probably going to be cancelling since it won't be all you are expecting and paying for. if you manage to go annually or bi-annually, you can take some of the restrictions and be okay with it.

We are scheduled for September 20-29 at The Grand Floridian. It’s been booked since November of 2019. We made our ADR‘s at 180 days, which have all been canceled. We were looking forward to the 60 day mark to make fastpasses, but will now have to (hopefully) re-book at least some of our dining, but we have no idea what the new registration system to book the parks will look like OR if we will be able to get the dining we wanted.
We have annual passes. Will we be able to spend the day at say, Animal Kingdom and then be able to go into MK for evening stuff?
Too many unknowns for now, have to wait and see. We really want to go, but may have to cancel and see about planning for 2021.

Please don't forget to check your medical travel insurance as most weren't covering pandemic/COVID-19 - something to consider for all international travelers (I'm from Canada but live in Florida, and my kids can't visit because of insurance coverages and having to quarantine when they go home)
Good thinking!
Thanks for sharing :)

I have a DVC rental at the BWV for Labor Day week. David's is checking with the owner for me to see if they would be willing to rebook with a new renter. If the owner is willing, then David's will try to secure a new renter for me. If not, I am stuck with it which I understand and is fine. I would only go if the level of virus cases has gone down by then and things seem more under control. With cases in FL rising still at this point, I don't hold out much hope for that scenario. I also am not sure that I could wear a mask in that heat or would want to really. I'd be paying for airfare, park tickets and pet sitting in order to go and I'd rather not shell out more money for a miserable experience. So, basically I'm waiting to see what happens on the rental front first and then the virus front if I end up stuck with the rental.

We had booked 9/2-7. We canceled the other day. Between no more free dining, park reservation requirements, a “diminished experience“, a face mask requirement, and traveling with “elderly” parents, it just wasn’t worth it. We will rebook when things get back to “normal”- whatever that means anymore.

Rented points at Poly 9/9-9/15. We are going. Three adults, we'll have fun whatever the trip ends up looking like. No matter what we'll have a beautiful resort to enjoy. We'll also have a car so if we need to we can travel off property but at least we won't have the added worry of slower transportation.

Anyone know what the situation is with tickets...we just booked some nights at the Boardwalk followed by a couple of nights at Vero Beach. We have never stayed there and are excited to try it. Partly because we don’t know the situation with the parks. How are you supposed to know how many days worth of tickets you should buy. What if you buy a 4 day pass and only get entry for 2. Are you out the money or will they give any refunds or extend the expiration date.

Anyone know what the situation is with tickets...we just booked some nights at the Boardwalk followed by a couple of nights at Vero Beach. We have never stayed there and are excited to try it. Partly because we don’t know the situation with the parks. How are you supposed to know how many days worth of tickets you should buy. What if you buy a 4 day pass and only get entry for 2. Are you out the money or will they give any refunds or extend the expiration date.
Saw on the Rumors thread that Disney announced a resort stay doesn't guarantee entry into a park, but the unofficial rumor is on-site guests will probably have a priority window to reserve a park. However, with capacity limits, if you find yourself with 5 days worth of tickets (that's me) and are only able to get into one of the parks 3 days out of your stay, then Disney will refund you the ticket price you paid for the 2 days you didn't get to use. Not official yet all though, still just a rumor! Will definitely become clearer when they explain how the new park reservation system will work!

All this is so frustrating! Just needed to vent a bit.... please don't judge and slam me!
We will wait till after the official reopening in July.... and see how things progress in August.
But there is no way I am wearing a mask on vacation! After wearing a mask every day - all day - at work the last 6 weeks.... just NO WAY I am doing this for vacation. Its horrible in the 95 degree heat!! and suffocating!! And just trying to actually talk to people!!! HORRIBLE!! I know you all have your opinions and heaven knows you are more than willing to share those opinions... this is MY opinion.... just wont' wear it!
And then along with everything else.... shorter hours, cancelled experiences, etc, etc..... not paying $$$$$$ all this money to be miserable! WDW is my escape... my happy place... I won't suffer through it!

I still have hope that by Sept things will ease up....... so I will sit tight till August to make a final decision!! Need lots of pixie dust for this one!

All this is so frustrating! Just needed to vent a bit.... please don't judge and slam me!
We will wait till after the official reopening in July.... and see how things progress in August.
But there is no way I am wearing a mask on vacation! After wearing a mask every day - all day - at work the last 6 weeks.... just NO WAY I am doing this for vacation. Its horrible in the 95 degree heat!! and suffocating!! And just trying to actually talk to people!!! HORRIBLE!! I know you all have your opinions and heaven knows you are more than willing to share those opinions... this is MY opinion.... just wont' wear it!
And then along with everything else.... shorter hours, cancelled experiences, etc, etc..... not paying $$$$$$ all this money to be miserable! WDW is my escape... my happy place... I won't suffer through it!

I still have hope that by Sept things will ease up....... so I will sit tight till August to make a final decision!! Need lots of pixie dust for this one!

There are plenty other places to vacation, you know.

I agree about the whole mask thing!! I have no issue with of any of the reduced experiences and hours don’t bother me but the mask in the heat is not going to work for me. We are going Sept 1st -7th and it’s my 50th birthday trip so I’m holding out hope that some requirements will ease up by then. I will wait until August before I make any decision to reschedule.

Scheduled with DGS #3 September 7-12. Lost free DDP, got about $330 for the 35%. Assuming I’ll get park hoppers back, will drop him back to actual age now that free dining is off the table and will probably drop from 5 day to 4 day tickets. All of this will more than likely cover food costs, just won’t be as much fun. I have until 8/8 for final decision 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We are scheduled Sept. 7- 14. Lost our free dining as well. Bit we can plan for that, if they ever release more information. For now, we will wait til August to see how things are going and go from there.

One thing I'm staying optimistic about is that depending on where in September your trip falls, you'll be starting your trip roughly 7 to 11 weeks after the park opens, and 12-16 weeks from today.

The lockdown began for most of the country about 9 or 10 weeks ago. Think about how far we've come since everything was shut down.

I think a lot can change at Disney between opening and September. Maybe, just maybe we'll be getting a Disney trip with a few sacrifices and restrictions, but far less than the July visitors and still benefit from lower crowds.

One thing I'm staying optimistic about is that depending on where in September your trip falls, you'll be starting your trip roughly 7 to 11 weeks after the park opens, and 12-16 weeks from today.

The lockdown began for most of the country about 9 or 10 weeks ago. Think about how far we've come since everything was shut down.

I think a lot can change at Disney between opening and September. Maybe, just maybe we'll be getting a Disney trip with a few sacrifices and restrictions, but far less than the July visitors and still benefit from lower crowds.

I was thinking about that today while driving home from work. So much has changed even in the past few weeks. I am a delivery driver, part time job since my kids are now grown. 8 weeks ago traffic during the day was light, very few people out. Now everyone is out all day long. All our restuarants are back open. I hardly ever see masks anymore except of course from people working. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will change but we will go masks or no masks. We are going to make the most of our vacation. We need it now more than ever.

I feel you. I would DEFINITELY not be taking my whole family for a "trip of a lifetime" during this transition. I think going to WDW now is for people who go often enough to not really miss the fireworks, characters, parades, etc. They probably are ok with not going on a ton of rides and are happy to just BE there...ya know?

Masks are pretty annoying and I'm always happy when I get to take mine off after a grocery shop...so I can just imagine what you've gone through. I don't see the mask requirement going away...even in September. The CDC has been warning against a second wave in the fall...so even if things aren't AWFUL number-wise, I bet WDW will be trying to prevent another shut down. Maybe it would get to the place where people are only wearing them in line and not on the walkways? Even that would be generous.

I don't think you're wrong in wanting your Disney vacation to be exactly what you want it be. It is a very expensive trip and you should 100% enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!