SDFP... Here now. Works! *Read Post #48 and Post #671*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the only one who can decide if it's worth it. Depends on the kinds of things you want to see and do. Some guests don't need more than three FP. They choose their favorite three rides. They eat both breakfast and dinner at table service locations and spend quite a bit of time over those meals. They like to sit on Main Street USA watching the crowds for an hour to get a good place for the parade. Or maybe they like to go back to their resort when the heat becomes too much in the mid-afternoon. Guests with that sort of touring strategy are fine with the basic 3 FP and can save the $50 on extra bands. On the other hand, maybe you would like to go on more than three rides with short wait times - you want six. So you spend about $50 for four people to save a minimum of an hour and a half of waiting in line -per day. Depending on the attractions, you might save more like three hours of waiting in line day per day. Is it worth it?

Thanks Karrie!
That's what I was looking at too. If we saved 30 minutes per ride then that's an hour and 1/2 not standing in line.
And that's if we stop at three SDFP.
I think it will be worth it.
Also, Thanks SO much for all the info you have given!
Amy

A Magic Band is 12 bucks. You are there for 6 days. Is it worth $2 a day per person to get an extra 3 FPs?
Thanks!
That's a good way to look at it.
Not often can you get something for $2 a day at WDW that can save you a possible 1 and 1/2 per day of wait times!

A Magic Band is 12 bucks. You are there for 6 days. Is it worth $2 a day per person to get an extra 3 FPs?

I have a secondary MDE account with an old one day ticket assigned to one person. The night before our MK days I got FPs for DD and I on 2 bands each. Naturally we got our FPs for 7DMT on our real bands at the 60 day mark. If memory serves me FPs for 7DMT were not available the night before but it wasn't hard to get FPs for all the other rides. We really nailed it on our MK days with those 3 MBs and RDing it.

We also did well on our DHS day as RnRc and ToT FPs were available the night before. We hit RD and booked it straight to TSMM and rode it once and used our 60 day FP to ride a second time. We then went to hit RnRc and ToT and Star Tours with a punch of FPs. Then for the heck of it we had a fourth set of bands which we used at a kiosk to just get Fantasmic FPs.

For AK I don't remember if we used any extra bands. The three 60 day ones were enough. I guess if you go at a more busy time they might come in handy, we were there the week before Thanksgiving. I also guess when they open all the new stuff the extra bands will come in very handy.

Same thing for EPCOT. When they open FEA and Soarin you should be able to get some decent times for Tier 1 rides the night before. We shall see.

Was it worth it. Heck yea!!! I was able to do all this in the comfort of my resort and it didn't cost me a thing unless you want to count the price of the one day ticket we had leftover from an old FD trip. But I still have the ticket. Keep in mind it is complicated planning out that many FPs. One strategy was to have FPs for two rides at the same time that are located next to each other like Splash and Big Thunder.

Just a quick update as promised that I checked again at MK yesterday and nothing has changed since my last update. I could still make SDFP's at a kiosk and use them at the rides. I could NOT change them on my phone app or in my browser but could still see the FPP's (it still let me go through the entire process of changing them then gave me the red error message above on the last screen). @ScrapYap

I have two old MBs from a school trip that my daughters took last year....I tried linking them to a new MDE account but got an error. Their names are on the MBs so they were linked...I assume by the agent who set up the trip.

Is there any way for me to link these and use them as SDFP?

I have two old MBs from a school trip that my daughters took last year....I tried linking them to a new MDE account but got an error. Their names are on the MBs so they were linked...I assume by the agent who set up the trip.

Is there any way for me to link these and use them as SDFP?

Are your daughters going on this trip? If not, they can definitely be used for SDFP "as is" and don't have to be linked to your MDE.

Do you have access to the other MDE to which those bands are linked?

Are your daughters going on this trip? If not, they can definitely be used for SDFP "as is" and don't have to be linked to your MDE.

Do you have access to the other MDE to which those bands are linked?

They will be on the trip but we have different MBs for them. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the previous reservation.

They will be on the trip but we have different MBs for them. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the previous reservation.

You don't need access to that reservation/MDE. As Marcie is reporting, you can't use an MDE to change SDFP anyway. Just tap the bands at a kiosk to book FP. Just be sure to take a snapshot of the kiosk screen of your FP choices - and know you can't change them unless you go back to a kiosk.

You don't need access to that reservation/MDE. As Marcie is reporting, you can't use an MDE to change SDFP anyway. Just tap the bands at a kiosk to book FP. Just be sure to take a snapshot of the kiosk screen of your FP choices - and know you can't change them unless you go back to a kiosk.

Perfect....thank you so much for your help!

My only concern is the old Magic Bands are clones of the magic bands they are currently using for this visit. If so, they will not be available for SDFP.

Help. I am going in December with my wife and 2 kids (ages 8 and 6). I'd love to save time with FP hacks and I ma confused with the SDFP thread. I have at my house, old magic bands from 2 years ago and even one from a work trip (April 2016). My work magic bands are connect to a separate email. ADVICE?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Please explain the two screen shots below. They contradic each other. Make a 2nd MDE account or add dummies to current one.

They don't really contradict. You just have to have a second set of "people". They can either be people on a second MDE or phantoms on your main MDE.

If I buy new unlinked magic bands when we get there do they need to be linked to an mde account before we can use them for sdfp? Or can they be used unlinked?

Edited: I went ahead and bought her one as somehow both her bands are linked in MDE anyway.

I have a magic band for my girlfriend that she used on previous trips. It was never linked to an MDE account-- this year she made an account for herself (to help make ADR's) so now she will get a new magic band for her own account. That means her old band (not linked to any MDE account) will work for SDFP's, correct?

Last edited:
Been reading a lot and I'm pretty sure I get it now. My case seems a bit convoluted, but maybe not for the pros here. Thank you so much by the way for all your time and research with all this information.

We are a family of 5. On my one and only MDE, we have 5 MB, 4 with non-expiring tickets with 6 days left each, and a 5th with no tickets linked. My youngest was 2 on our last trip (now 4) so she doesn't have any tickets yet.

We have a short trip in July (staying offsite, 2 days in the parks, 2 in water parks) and another longer trip planned in November of this year. Instead of buying a 2 day now and more in November for my youngest, I am considering getting an AP for my youngest, as it seems it will provide better savings after accounting for parking and photos.

We also have access to 4 MBs we can get from our friends, leftover from our last trip together (no tickets left on them), which are on their MDE that is already fully linked to my MDE.

I am thinking of doing the following for July:
Buy AP for my youngest and put it on a second, new MDE and link that to my MDE #1.
We will use our 4 MB with non-exp tickets and the AP MB for prebooking and then use our friends 4 MB + the 1 MB on my MDE #1 that has no tickets on it for SDFP+.

In November, we will be staying onsite, so I thought I would make the reservation using MDE #2 and therefore get 4 new MBs (would they give me a 5th for my youngest if she already has an AP?).
Now that non-exp are extinct, I kind of want to keep those tickets in reserve for when we may take a short trip and only spend 1 or 2 days in the parks, so in November, I may just buy new tickets for the 4 of us for that trip. If I do that, I would add them in MDE #2.
MDE #2 now would have resort reservation and 5 MBs (4 with new tickets and 1 with AP). We would use these for prebooking at 60 days, and we could use the 4 MB in MDE#1 as FP+ generators to also umbrella in and prebook some additional FP+ at 60 days? The 5th MB in MDE#1 with no tickets would be available for SDFP+ but not prebook if I am understanding things properly.

Whew!

One last thing, since my 4 MBs in MDE#1 have non-expiring tickets with multiple days left, I should be able to FP+ generate for multiple days as well, not just 1 day, is that right?

If there's any flaw in my logic somewhere, or if there are better ideas I should consider, suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Edited: as I read more and more posts, I have answered my own questions! Bit of course new ones pop up.

Any feedback on availability of SDfP in Epcot these days with the new theater for Soarin? On our Ep day we have an 8:00 Akershus. Would it be possible to visit a kiosk on the way to breakfast? Would we be unable to get anything anyway?

Last edited:
Been reading a lot and I'm pretty sure I get it now. My case seems a bit convoluted, but maybe not for the pros here. Thank you so much by the way for all your time and research with all this information.

We are a family of 5. On my one and only MDE, we have 5 MB, 4 with non-expiring tickets with 6 days left each, and a 5th with no tickets linked. My youngest was 2 on our last trip (now 4) so she doesn't have any tickets yet.

We have a short trip in July (staying offsite, 2 days in the parks, 2 in water parks) and another longer trip planned in November of this year. Instead of buying a 2 day now and more in November for my youngest, I am considering getting an AP for my youngest, as it seems it will provide better savings after accounting for parking and photos.

We also have access to 4 MBs we can get from our friends, leftover from our last trip together (no tickets left on them), which are on their MDE that is already fully linked to my MDE.

I am thinking of doing the following for July:
Buy AP for my youngest and put it on a second, new MDE and link that to my MDE #1.
We will use our 4 MB with non-exp tickets and the AP MB for prebooking and then use our friends 4 MB + the 1 MB on my MDE #1 that has no tickets on it for SDFP+.

In November, we will be staying onsite, so I thought I would make the reservation using MDE #2 and therefore get 4 new MBs (would they give me a 5th for my youngest if she already has an AP?).
Now that non-exp are extinct, I kind of want to keep those tickets in reserve for when we may take a short trip and only spend 1 or 2 days in the parks, so in November, I may just buy new tickets for the 4 of us for that trip. If I do that, I would add them in MDE #2.
MDE #2 now would have resort reservation and 5 MBs (4 with new tickets and 1 with AP). We would use these for prebooking at 60 days, and we could use the 4 MB in MDE#1 as FP+ generators to also umbrella in and prebook some additional FP+ at 60 days? The 5th MB in MDE#1 with no tickets would be available for SDFP+ but not prebook if I am understanding things properly.

Whew!

One last thing, since my 4 MBs in MDE#1 have non-expiring tickets with multiple days left, I should be able to FP+ generate for multiple days as well, not just 1 day, is that right?

If there's any flaw in my logic somewhere, or if there are better ideas I should consider, suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Not one of the "pros" here, but your logic looks good to me. By all means keep the non-expiring tickets to continue to book another set of pre-booked FP's until the loophole closes.

This is exactly how I set mine up, although if I had to do it all over again I would probably just make phantoms on my current MDE instead of creating another MDE, but it's purely a personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter