SDFP... Here now. Works! *Read Post #48 and Post #671*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't allow you to modify it on the app. It says "need park admission" but I'll take it!

Wow. Does anyone know if this is new where you can't change them and it says "need park admission". If so, I believe that means they are messing with this loophole.

YAH!! I have a friend going in a few weeks and I am going to make her NBFPs. Hopefully that still works.

Wow. Does anyone know if this is new where you can't change them and it says "need park admission". If so, I believe that means they are messing with this loophole.
No, that's normal. Steve can always go in through his browser and Modify through the website if he needs to change them.

Yes I remember Hiro letting me know prior. As soon there's a little break I'll give everyone an update that I'm sure will be helpful to others.

Confirming for those curious. I was able to modify my 4 phantoms with no ticket reservations on the mobile site just not the app.
Thanks for taking the time to report back. Also glad you made it to Florida! ~ enjoy the rest of your trip!!

What else do you want to know about them? I made SDFP's yesterday at MK and will be making them tomorrow at HS. I don't use MB's but instead just old tickets from other people who have visited down here (using the hard plastic cards). I also have been able to change them using the mobile site but not on the app (but that's been the case for quite awhile).

I'm confused... Is there an old thread I can find on this. I'm going in a few months. Just made my FP for 60 days out last night. I have old magic bands from friends that I plan to take with me to make 3 extra. SDFP each day. But I'm reading this like I can change the SDFP on the mobile site? I was under the impression that my SDFP would be what I choose that day unless I went back to a kiosk to modify? Thanks in advance!

But how does my MDE even recognize those FP?
Because your phantoms are listed in your MDE account. It's all based on the RFID in the MB/Card that is linked to your specific phantoms. The FPs made at the kiosk are sent to the main FP database and to the corresponding RFID link that is in your MDE.

You won't be able to change them unless your friends give you their MDE login access. Most people just add phantoms to their own MDE account.
Or if they're just friends of yours on MDE, right? As long as they haven't clicked the "show only shared plans", you can change theirs as well on your account assuming they usually show up as one of your friends/family. Most of my extra cards are people I bought tickets for at some point (friends, family, my sons' GFs, etc.) but for most I had them create an account and linked it to mine and I still see their FPP's in my MDE after I make them at the kiosk.

Or if they're just friends of yours on MDE, right? As long as they haven't clicked the "show only shared plans", you can change theirs as well on your account assuming they usually show up as one of your friends/family. Most of my extra cards are people I bought tickets for at some point (friends, family, my sons' GFs, etc.) but for most I had them create an account and linked it to mine and I still see their FPP's in my MDE after I make them at the kiosk.
Thanks for clarifying, marciemi!

Were you able to choose a good selection of SDFPs?

Thanks for clarifying, marciemi!

Were you able to choose a good selection of SDFPs?
I'm probably not the best judge of that for yesterday since I was trying to get for 5 people and didn't arrive until around 11:30am to MK. I ended up getting Pooh, Under the Sea, and Pirates all in the 2-5 range which was fine for the people I was with since I'd booked the critical stuff in advance. Definitely nothing like Space available at that point and PP, Thunder & Splash were only available for late evening. Strangely I was able to get a single 7D for me to ride while they were on Space (which they'd booked in advance). :)

I should be at HS close to ropedrop tomorrow so will let you know what it's like then. Looking for RnRC if possible - not much else really matters (Tier 2) and we already have TSMM (if it's working!).

Oh, and I'll add that knowing about the kiosk in City Hall was crucial yesterday. There was no one at either of them when I got there at 11:30. Every other kiosk I saw during the day had lines of like 30-50 people. I don't know that I've ever seen kiosk lines that bad. We didn't even try to get any after the ones we had because we weren't motivated enough to walk back to Main St. and every other place we checked was just crazy. (And I think I know which ones usually have the shortest lines by now and trust me, none did).

All above statements are true the FP lines yesterday at MK were terrible. I didn't make the trip to city hall as well. I found the best FP line was in front of the carousel. The one in fantasyland looked pretty bad. At Epcot now. Crowd pretty chill. Tomorrow is a free day for us. Thinking whether what park to do half day in. This is my first time at Epcot. My family and I like it but I don't see myself spending more than 1 full day here during my visit.

Back to FP. Hiro is 100% first scan them at the kiosk and then modify them on the mobile site. The changes will show in MDE but will not be able to make changes only on the mobile site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter