Scary Weekend at the Fort

platic-flamingo.jpg

Too tacky???

:thumbsup2
THANK YOU ALL FOR KILLING my pics thread it was put up because people wanted to see Halloween at the Fort. Disney is the HOA and they welcome it. Disney plans paid hayrides to show off these sites. So if you don’t like it change the board of the HOA.
The amount of work people put into all of the displays are amazing. We knew some sites would decorate some would not all by personal preferance. Disney does encourage all of this just check the activities each day Holloween weekend ( pet costume contest, golf cart parade etc.)
Thanks to everyone for decorating and making our trip very enjoyable and thank you Discamper for the great pictures !

:thumbsup2 The amount of work people put into all of the displays are amazing. We knew some sites would decorate some would not all by personal preferance. Disney does encourage all of this just check the activities each day Holloween weekend ( pet costume contest, golf cart parade etc.)
Thanks to everyone for decorating and making our trip very enjoyable and thank you Discamper for the great pictures !

I saw CM's out at midnight putting large signs up at 2 sites for decorating prizes. That to me says they approve of the decorations.

THANK YOU ALL FOR KILLING my pics thread it was put up because people wanted to see Halloween at the Fort. Disney is the HOA and they welcome it. Disney plans paid hayrides to show off these sites. So if you don’t like it change the board of the HOA.

Maybe Scott will clean it up for us so that we can get back to the cool pictures!

Sorry, I was playing with a mouse. Back to tomfoolery.

I love the pics, Todd. Bring 'em on in full, living color!!! People put a lot of time, money & effort decorating their sites. Being a mere human, I prefer some over others - but that's why life offers choices!!! What's junk to me is beauty to others. Who am I to judge?

platic-flamingo.jpg

Too tacky???

A field of flamingos basking in the warm sunshine. Delightfully fun and not tacky at all!!

Really love this picture! Thanks for posting it. I am a camper want to be - I stayed in the cabins a couple of years back and I've wanted to camp ever since! maybe one of these days...

I was at Boardwalk for Halloween. I'm kicking myself for not remembering to go see all the decor at FW!

Ya know, I got to thinking....

Our decorating bashers probably loathe the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios. Now THAT'S tackiness taken to perfection!! :thumbsup2

This is reasonable:

halloween-decorations_Oct3.jpg

This is over-the-top and an eyesore:

DSC_0084.jpg

That is only YOUR opinion. Some people will agree with you (that would be their opinion), other's may not (that would be their opinion).

"Opinion" - a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
- a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

And of course you and Epcot are the true arbiters of what shouldn't be done. Why is your definition of unreasonable the one that is correct by default? Why is our preference not the one that is correct?

So I wonder, (as BRD did), why is YOUR opinion more valuable than anyone elses? :confused3

Amen!!!

Back to the awesome pics please :thumbsup2

platic-flamingo.jpg

Too tacky???

OMG I would SO do this if DH wouldn't divorce me on the spot. I'm pretty sure if we had a prenup "no pink flamingos" would be in big bold letters at the top ...and the rest of the page would be blank. :lmao:

I saw CM's out at midnight putting large signs up at 2 sites for decorating prizes. That to me says they approve of the decorations.

::yes::

OMG! Did you know you can get turkey flamingoes? bunny flamingoes? 16 different colors of flamingoes? Holy Flamingo!

http://www.plastic-flamingos.com/

trky_mingo6.jpg

This is awsome. I just ordered the Santa ones and love the skeleton ones. Thanks for the great link. Hopefully I dont offend anyone with my flock.....

Santa2.jpg

Im thinking of getting one of the cheap ones and painting it lime green so I can have a Dis Flamingo.....what do yall think?

That's too funny, a company that specializes in pink flamingos. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. American ingenuity. Now if they could only find a new use for those chrome lawn balls.

Todd, I think you should make this the chatter page and start a new pic thread. iIknow a lot would enjoy them without all the BS. :thumbsup2

Im thinking of getting one of the cheap ones and painting it lime green so I can have a Dis Flamingo.....what do yall think?

Now, THAT'S American ingenuity at its' finest!!

I say go for it!! Perhaps this could be our new "Fort Fiend Icon"!!! :banana:

This is awsome. I just ordered the Santa ones and love the skeleton ones. Thanks for the great link. Hopefully I dont offend anyone with my flock.....

Santa2.jpg

Awesome idea ! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I totally would like that !!

Thats all of the encouragement I need. Look for the new "Fiendmingo" while we are at FW for christmas. Dec 20 through 26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter